PDA

View Full Version : Skinny Cow? Love em or Leave em?

The_Alice
04-07-2011, 09:51 PM
Hello all. We recently had an ice cream craving and so instead of caving completely I bought some of the Skinny Cow Ice Cream Sandwiches for an occasional treat. Are they just junk and should be avoided as they don't help with dieting, or are they a good crave filler and okay occasionally? Inquiring minds want to know!

rusafee1183
04-08-2011, 07:31 AM
I think it depends on how determined of a dieter you are. I was doing WW and following the plan to a T and the skinny cow was amazing. It tasted delicious and it definitely satisfied that urge.

I have fallon off the WW wagon now, and I feel like I could eat 3 Skinny Cow I.C. sandwiches in a row. But, that's MY fault not theirs.

Does that makes sense?

RemembertheMagic98
04-08-2011, 09:52 AM
I love them.... if I could only eat one! They are super expensive and rarely go on sale here. I have gone over to eating sorbet rather than a skinny cow. It's actually better for me and I feel more satisfied after I have a cup rather than a skinny cow. If I am going to splurge I would rather have some real ice cream in a smaller amount ;)

PS...the chocolate peanut butter round sandwiches are really good!

The_Alice
04-08-2011, 12:35 PM
Thank you both so much. We got the mixed pack of vanilla and chocolate, and yes I restrained myself to one. I usually use it as a reward if my calories are way down (below 1200) and I need to bump them up, or if I had a really good work out and pushed through.

Good idea on the Sorbet too, I'll have to see if our Grocery has some.

melmar136
04-08-2011, 01:54 PM
LOVE the Skinny Cow! DD eats the ice cream cones, or sandwiches, but the fudge bars are my favorite! It definitely helps with cravings and isn't nearly as bad as eating the real thing. I heard BJs Warehouse has a large pack of them for less $, and Super Walmart is usually cheaper than the regular grocery store.

jwfla422
04-25-2011, 05:53 PM
Love em:goodvibes I think they're better than WW ice cream products and they are just a bit less expensive. Been eating them for several years and lately discovered the truffle bars now that WW fudgicles are 3 points (however I'm going back to the old point system anyway), but I think the Skinny Cow products are better.:thumbsup2

The_Alice
04-26-2011, 12:34 PM
Thanks all for the replies! I have occasionally treated myself after an intense workout, hey the body NEEDS carbs & protein after a workout due to glycogen loss right?:lmao:

I have really cut out a lot of fat. Now I am trying to weed out refined carbs, holy cow they are in EVERYTHING!

gfolchick
04-26-2011, 06:08 PM
LOVE Skinny Cow, especially the Truffle Bars. I'm doing WW and love that their products are low point treats. Can't wait to try the new Cookies and Cream flavor (I gave up frozen treats for Lent). Another good product, although 3 WW+ points are the Breyers Smooth and Dreamy sandwiches, especially Chocolate Chip Cookiedough. Cheapest price I've found is at Target.

Also read that Skinny Cow is coming out with Chocolate Candy this summer.

Fobgirl12
04-30-2011, 03:30 PM
Love skinny cow. It's also one of Oprah's favorites, and I know you can trust her.

DisneyCher
05-17-2011, 02:55 PM
I like SC a lot, but rarely buy them b/c even though they are not so bad for you, I am desperately trying to make snacks like that an occasional treat, not a several times a week indulgence.

bmiranda
05-17-2011, 06:55 PM
Hellllloooo...love SC products but my problem is that I don't just have one! I think that when you're dieting its best to stay away from anything sweet until you get into the groove of the diet. Plus from personal experience I seem to lose weight faster when I avoid those. Like I said...can't just have one! lol!

pjlla
05-20-2011, 02:22 PM
Just chiming in to say..... No, they are not particularly "healthy" (artificial sweeteners and such), but YES, they are tasty! If you can limit yourself to just an occasional one, you should be okay.

If you want to make it seem like more, make a sundae with the IC sandwich.... cut it in half horizontally and top both halves with crushed fresh strawberries and a bit of Cool Whip Free (another NOT HEALTHY item, but okay occasionally). Voila.... you have a strawberry sundae!

Or take the SC individual ice cream cups, scoop into a dish and top with a squirt of caramel sauce or chocolate syrup, a bit of Cool Whip Free and rainbow sprinkles for an ice cream sundae! ......................P

disneychic2
05-20-2011, 02:28 PM
I do love Skinny Cow, but they really are not good for you. I am trying to eliminate all artificial sweeteners and refined "food". We have a Dairy Queen nearby and a place that makes homemade ice cream every day, so when I have done well all week, I allow myself a small treat from one of these places.

fashionista311
05-23-2011, 01:39 PM
It's all in moderation...a treat every once in a while won't kill you. And whether the treat is a low-fat ice cream sandwich (better calorie count, but more chemicals) or all natural high fat ice cream (terrible calorie count, but more natural) is up to you and your outlook.