PDA

View Full Version : I tried to find the answers to these questions, but couldn't....

qanita92
04-06-2011, 03:00 PM
The website wasn't that clear.

Can I do the program during the summer for like three months?

I am currently a premed student (freshman) at the University of Michigan. Is there anyway that this program will help me with that field? Like can I do something related to biology?

Thank you!

beautybutafunnygirl
04-06-2011, 03:06 PM
1. No, the summer program is open only to alumni of the College Program.

2. These (https://www.wdwcollegeprogram.com/sap/its/mimes/zh_wdwcp/students/role_descr/onstage.html) are the roles (jobs) you can do in the College Program. None of them are biology-related.

If you're still interested in a few years, consider applying for a Professional Internship (http://disney.go.com/disneycareers/internships/disney_world_resort.html). Some of these are biology-oriented.

qanita92
04-06-2011, 04:21 PM
Do you think there is any possibility that they might begin a summer program in like a year or two? I think that would be awesome!

SyracuseWolvrine
04-06-2011, 04:33 PM
off topic but ... Go Blue!

qanita92
04-06-2011, 04:57 PM
off topic but ... Go Blue!

Couldn't agree more!

Frizzbird
04-06-2011, 05:59 PM
I kinda doubt they will have any summer only programs in the near future. It has been several years since they have had one. With the amount of people that apply for the programs they don't really need to open the summer only programs up to the general public. I suppose its possible that they could, but I seriously doubt they will.

ericaWDWCP
04-06-2011, 06:13 PM
Couldn't agree more!

i have to do this.... GO GREEN!!!!!!!!

Woodskeeper
04-06-2011, 08:31 PM
Do you think there is any possibility that they might begin a summer program in like a year or two? I think that would be awesome!

I honestly don't think they will. When I worked there this summer there was a fair amount of people like me who were college students, but we were all Orlando locals so we were just seasonal workers. If Disney started a CP just for the summer (other than Alumni only) they would probably get a lot of complaints that they were taking away from the local job market.

thisisemily
04-06-2011, 08:34 PM

GO OAKLAND? :)
hahah

Legaleen
04-06-2011, 10:05 PM
I agree with everyone else on the idea of a summer only program. They have plenty of people interviewing for the semester programs and so many seasonal workers that come back for the summer months that it would make little sense to have a college program at that time. If you are interested in the college program, I'd say look to take a semester away from school or wait until you graduate as you can go the first semester after you graduate.

ktrex
04-06-2011, 11:16 PM

There is too much demand for them to do that. I just thought of it as doing a semester abroad.

I'm also a biology major (zoology), but I requested an animal attraction, which was relevant. Public interaction experience is usually pretty good. Any position you can really spin to sound beneficial on a resume. Teamwork, working for a large company, working under pressure, etc.

GO WHITE!!
mangy wolverines...