PDA

View Full Version : Mission Space aka Spiderman

kcsquarepants
09-26-2002, 07:35 PM
I just got back from talking with a CM. We were taking about Epcot and the attractions there. Then we started talking about the new Mission Space. And he said that he was told that the ride would use thet same setup and be similar to the effects of Spiderman at IOA.

space42
09-26-2002, 07:42 PM
Apples and Oranges.

Mission space, by all accounts, will be nothing like Spiderman.

A good page for information about Mission Space is www.wdwmagic.com

Mr D
09-26-2002, 11:48 PM
No way, its no where near comparison. If anything it may border upon the special effects Stormrider is using at TDS but still not quite. Read what it really is before jumping to conclusions.

Bob O
09-27-2002, 12:33 AM
The ride mechanisms will be different but lets hope it is of the same quality of Spiderman which is regarded in most polls taken as the best ride of its kind!!

caseymaureen
10-01-2002, 11:18 PM
As a CM I can tell you that most things you hear from CMs are just speculation, we are told the same, if not less, than the general public. I often read things on these pages long before I hear them through the company...just a word of warning...:confused:

Another Voice
10-02-2002, 03:51 PM
Someone recently posted a link to an aerial picture of Epcot (I’ve lost the link, maybe someone can find it).

In the picture you can clearly see the concrete pads for the four centrifuge units at the ‘Mission: Space’ construction site.

mjstaceyuofm
10-02-2002, 03:58 PM
Here is the link: aerial photo (http://mickeyavenue.com/files/epcotaerial.jpg)

It was originally posted by D-R a few days ago....