View Full Version : Backing out?

04-04-2011, 12:14 AM
Hey guys - So unfortunately my life is being ridiculous right now and I need some help.

I was accepted for Fall 2011 but with the circumstances in my life, it would be best if I didn't go to Disney this fall. Since I've already accepted, is it even possible for me to back out? Will I get blacklisted? I want to do the CP after I graduate if I don't go in the fall, so I want to back out on good terms. Since I haven't officially started, but I have accepted, what are my options?

I *can* go, it would just be much much much easier if I went another time.

Thanks in advance!

04-04-2011, 12:57 AM
If you call or email recruiting and explain to them, they will let you back out and you won't be blacklisted or anything. You don't officially get hired until move-in day after your paperwork goes through. Disney would MUCH rather you be up front about situations like this rather than move down there and end up having to leave early, which does have hiring ramifications.

I hope everything works out they way you want it to!

04-04-2011, 01:11 AM
Agreed with above poster- it's no big deal. There are plenty of people still pending and now someone else will get a yes! You will lose your deposit if you were planning to living in their housing, but that's all.

04-11-2011, 12:45 AM
I know I'm a little late to the party, but I did exactly that during Spring Advantage 2011. I was a few months out from moving and decided I wasn't ready (but am now!!!!). I e-mailed them and got a response that they were sorry that I was unable to attend, but hoped I would reapply in the future. This time around, I got accepted in a week and got my first choice in roles! Maybe it just takes an extra try for some people to get there, y'know?