PDA

View Full Version : Easter Decorations up at Tokyo Disneyland

Malin
04-03-2011, 05:03 AM
While still no official date has yet been announced for the reopening of the parks. I do have some exciting news to share. Decorations for the Easter Event are now up at both the Tokyo Disneyland Themepark and Hotel.

Take a look at this link to see http://daily.deepdisney.com/img2/110402/026002011040200.htm

disneyholic family
04-03-2011, 07:03 AM
cute - well easter is still 3 weeks away - presumably they'll be open before then...although there still is no mention of an opening date on their website..

Malin
04-03-2011, 01:44 PM
Not yet, but I think we'll get one soon. The Easter Event is scheduled to last all the way into June, so Guests should have plenty of time to visit and enjoy the fun.

While this is only speculation on my part I have a little theory that the parks will reopen on April the 15th. This is the actual Anniversary date for the original opening of Tokyo Disneyland in 1984. So it would make perfect sense to open up on this day.

disneyholic family
04-04-2011, 05:43 AM
Not yet, but I think we'll get one soon. The Easter Event is scheduled to last all the way into June, so Guests should have plenty of time to visit and enjoy the fun.

While this is only speculation on my part I have a little theory that the parks will reopen on April the 15th. This is the actual Anniversary date for the original opening of Tokyo Disneyland in 1984. So it would make perfect sense to open up on this day.

the first time i was at tokyo disneyland was in june 1984 :)

freepixie
04-04-2011, 09:07 PM
So happy to see the decorations!! I'm sure that is bringing much hope to the Japanese people :goodvibes

nytimez
04-05-2011, 09:05 PM
The Easter Event is scheduled to last all the way into June, so Guests should have plenty of time to visit and enjoy the fun.

Easter in June??? Wow.

scrump
04-05-2011, 11:35 PM
Good to hear! :thumbsup2

yarlenna
04-06-2011, 03:03 AM
Easter in June??? Wow.

Just like Universall does Mardi Gras through Lent:scared1:

nytimez
04-11-2011, 12:54 AM
Just like Universall does Mardi Gras through Lent:scared1:

True, but Mardi Gras is something they can sell. It's a party, and people want to get a little piece of it. People will go to Mardi Gras at Universal weeks later because they love the idea of celebrating Mardi Gras, and they'll see some live music.

Easter is just not a big deal in Japan -- people aren't going to make special plans to see an Easter even on Easter, much less two months later.

Just strikes me as weird...