PDA

View Full Version : Full kitchen with a nice pool...suggestions?

Goofey Drool
04-01-2011, 11:17 AM
We are looking for a place in the Orlando area for a week stay. We will be going to a few parks and staying around our own pool for a day. We want a full kitchen and a fun pool for two boys 11 & 12 yrs. A pool slide would be nice. Open to any ideas on a place to stay. Just not crazy about high pressure sales pitches. Any help from the DIS community would be greatly appreciated

Goofey Drool
04-02-2011, 11:50 AM
Well... so much for that.

hsmamainva
04-02-2011, 12:05 PM
Windsor Hills would fit the bill. It's not a timeshare, so no sales pitches. You rent directly from owners.

We'll be staying here next year:

http://www.storytimeorlandorental.com/

Disneymommy2006
04-02-2011, 02:03 PM
Parc Soleil by Hilton....I got it on Last minute travel. All reviews are excellent. We will be there in June and I cannot wait! It is a time share but you don't have to do a tour.

dtum
04-02-2011, 03:24 PM
Window Hills. We're staying here:

http://www.romancingthemouse.com/id32.html

They have great reviews. 4-bed/4-bath house with private pool and full kitchen. You may not need that big of a place, but the resort also has condos and townhouses. the main pool has a huge slide too :thumbsup2

Goofey Drool
04-02-2011, 05:53 PM
Good info... I will check both places:thumbsup2

3sweetpeas
04-06-2011, 11:33 AM
We just stayed at Orange Lake Resort. Large condo style was nice but the best part was the pool area. Our kids, 13, 11, 10 LOVED it. Several waterslides, lazy river...we all had very relaxing days at pool.

Upatnoon
04-06-2011, 11:44 AM
We are looking for a place in the Orlando area for a week stay. We will be going to a few parks and staying around our own pool for a day. We want a full kitchen and a fun pool for two boys 11 & 12 yrs. A pool slide would be nice. Open to any ideas on a place to stay. Just not crazy about high pressure sales pitches. Any help from the DIS community would be greatly appreciated
Bonnet creek is worth checking out. Read the "we loooooove bonnet creek" thread

shalom
04-06-2011, 11:58 AM
We liked The Fountains, which is about halfway between WDW and Sea World. It's got two pools -- the larger one has a fair sized double slide. It's right by lake Eve and you can rent paddle boats and canoes there. It is a Timeshare resort and they'll make you some kind of offer when you pick up your parking pass but we just said "no" and that was the end of it.

This video is pretty much our experience -- they say it's luxurious, which it isn't, but the pics tell the true story. It's nice enough, is all. :p What we really like about it is the lake and the fact that the kitchen is excellent. And we really like the big units and the view in the older buildings, but odds are you'll be in the other kind, which we don't like as well. But all the units have a good kitchen, in our experience.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yIvaafStzQY&feature=related

Donaldswife
04-06-2011, 01:27 PM
We just returned from Windsor Hills and it is a beautiful neighborhood!

Here is a link to home we rented, the owner was great to work with and the house was beautiful.

http://www.vrbo.com/313478

Good luck, and have a great trip. :goodvibes

saysay
04-06-2011, 01:56 PM
We are staying at the Wyndham Bonnet Creek again this year. Yes it is a timeshare, however they only ask you to do the sales presentation when you are getting your parking pass....we just said no...there is no obligation to do the presentation to stay there.

Very nice rooms and several pools to choose from - with 2 slides and 2 lady rivers. There is a big thread on here "We LOOOOOOVE Bonnet Creek"...which has pictures and info on some people to rent from.

Can't wait to go back next month!

aras4007
04-06-2011, 07:40 PM
Lake Buena Vista Resort Village and Spa is great. My family stayed there last October and are going back in May. They have full kitchens, washers and dryers in each room too. Its about 10 minutes away from Disney on 535. They have 2 pools, one with a huge pirate ship with a slide!

Goofey Drool
04-07-2011, 07:35 PM
Thanks so much... I am a little leery of the written reviews on some of the dot coms. If you know what I mean.

SoonerSarah
04-08-2011, 11:58 PM
We stayed at the Storytime Kingdom in the above link for Storytime Orlando Rental. It was a 6 bedroom, although they also have 3 bedrooms, so while I can't speak for those, the whole experience was very, very pleasant. Our party was DH and I and our girls, his Bro, my Parents and DH's Parents. We all really, really liked the house and were very happy that we stayed there. For us, because we split up the cost of the house, it was vastly cheaper than staying in a value, even once we factored in gas and parking. We did have a full kitchen, but if you want to do you own cooking you will likely need to bring some additional pots and utensils and such.

The pool and hot tub were very, very nice, or so I'm told. I ended up not being able to do any swimming, but just about everyone else did. Everything that was pictured on the website was how the house really was. I took a few pictures, but not much because my daughters were so excited and rushing. The whole house was very clean.

2disneyboys
04-11-2011, 11:37 PM
We just returned from a trip (last week) and we stayed @ mickey's world 2 (a windsor Hills townhouse) it's a 3 bedroom, 3 bath, Full kitchen, w/ a small "splash" pool (held 4 kids ages3-10 and 2 teenagers w/o any problems) and we were a 1 min walk from the "community center" with a larger pool with a slide. The house was very nice, very clean, and less than a 5 min drive to the parks. The owners were awesome to work with and went over and above to make our stay pleasant. I will Def be staying there again.