PDA

View Full Version : Disney movie coupons - anyone else disappointed too?

iluveeyore
03-31-2011, 05:09 PM
I used to print off $10 off coupons, then $8 off, now it's $5 off of the most expensive set with the 3D movie ($29.99) - useless to print off as no one we know has a 3D tv, so just end up getting the blu ray/dvd combo for $20 on release day if I can with no coupon. Anyone else agree that prices go up and our deals don't go with them? Sigh, I still buy them anywhooo - I guess Disney knows that!

blessedby3
03-31-2011, 06:26 PM
I agree...all the discounts go down, but the prices stay the same or go up. I was able to get $10 off by combining my printed coupon with my Target one...but I still would have loved to have a $10 printable with a $5 Target one! I went ahead and got the 4 disc set even though we dont have a blue ray or 3D TV. It was cheaper to do that with my 2 coupons (I paid $14.99) than to get the regular dvd. I will just save the blue ray one like I have done on all the other movies. One day Im sure we will have a blue ray player....the 3D TV...now thats something I have no intrest in!

RachaelA
03-31-2011, 06:49 PM
Was Bambi $8 off? I can't remember.

I wonder if just the new releases will be $5 off and the ones that come out of the vault will be $8 or $10 off.

I guess we'll see with Dumbo.

poohfriend77
03-31-2011, 06:50 PM
Just FYI-- Yesterday my Target accepted the $5 Disney coupon for the $19.99 2-disc BluRay pack. :thumbsup2

There are also rebates from Success rice and Cost Cutters salon.

I was disappointed the coupon was only $5 too, but $15 isn't a bad price (down to $10 or even $5 if I can do both rebates!)

RachaelA
03-31-2011, 07:02 PM
Just FYI-- Yesterday my Target accepted the $5 Disney coupon for the $19.99 2-disc BluRay pack. :thumbsup2

There are also rebates from Success rice and Cost Cutters salon.

I was disappointed the coupon was only $5 too, but $15 isn't a bad price (down to $10 or even $5 if I can do both rebates!)

Mine didn't so it must depend on store/cashier. Glad you saved more money!! :)

poohfriend77
03-31-2011, 07:18 PM
Mine didn't so it must depend on store/cashier. Glad you saved more money!! :)

I was all set to plead my case, because they were out of the 3D version anyway. But she just scanned it, and it took the $5 off, without a word. :) Sorry you couldn't get the same deal!

Dsny4fun
03-31-2011, 07:42 PM
I was all set to plead my case, because they were out of the 3D version anyway. But she just scanned it, and it took the $5 off, without a word. :) Sorry you couldn't get the same deal!

I also bought the 2 disc bluray at target and she just scanned my coupon and it took off $5.00

DizneyDogs
03-31-2011, 09:03 PM
I pre-ordered online to get the $20 coupon off my next purchase. For me that was the better deal since there were some other things I wanted to order.

JaymeC
04-01-2011, 05:43 AM
Disappointed? Maybe. Upset by it at all? Nah. Really DVDs and movies are one of the few things that have *not* gone up in price in recent years. I remember buying my first DVD a decade ago... and it was $19.99. That combined with the fact that I figure the people who create these wonderful movies are entitled to earn a profit from their creations. If Disney gives us a coupon, that's awesome! If not, it's not something to get upset over. After all, we can't get every movie for $7.99 :goodvibes

dzorn
04-01-2011, 09:28 AM
I'm still getting the 3D version becasue that one comes with the digital download.

Denise in MI

DisneyFansInLINY
04-01-2011, 10:27 AM
I was disappointed as well. But I was luckily enough to find a printable version of the Target $5 off coupon online so I got the 4 pack for $14.99 with the DMR coupon. And I was happy to know that the code for the 4 pack on the DMR website was worth 200 points! So yes, it sucks that Disney only gave $5 off but the extra points made up for it. Hopefully this was just a test and the next movie will be $10 off again.

Golf4food
04-01-2011, 01:58 PM
How spoiled is everyone that we're mad that Disney is only giving us $5 for free instead of $10 for free...

Any they are all cheaper during release week, so that $30 4-pack is only $25 minus the coupon = $20 for four viewing options. That's $5 each. Would you happily pay $5 for a movie? Sure. So sell the 3D BD if you don't want the 3d player. People do it all the time. And the digital download is at least $5 or more through iTunes or elsewhere, so that $20 after coupon is still a pretty good deal.

How dare they expect we pay full price for anything. Shame.

PatsMom
04-01-2011, 02:02 PM
My Target would not take the $5 coupon on the blu ray combo pack, just the 4 disc set. So I got the combo pack - they are really a good deal for us even without a coupon. We have a blu ray player at our house so my husband and I keep that copy. My daughter is at college and has a DVD player so she keeps the DVD copy. So it worked out to be only $10 each!

The $10 coupons were nice but if they aren't there, I'll still be buying some of the movies. I may pass on Tron:Legacy although my daughter wants it. The coupon is $5 off the 4 disc pack or the 5 Disc two movie pack. She doesn't have either of the movies so I may see what the pricing is on the two movie pack.

iluveeyore
04-02-2011, 08:02 AM
How spoiled is everyone that we're mad that Disney is only giving us $5 for free instead of $10 for free...

Any they are all cheaper during release week, so that $30 4-pack is only $25 minus the coupon = $20 for four viewing options. That's $5 each. Would you happily pay $5 for a movie? Sure. So sell the 3D BD if you don't want the 3d player. People do it all the time. And the digital download is at least $5 or more through iTunes or elsewhere, so that $20 after coupon is still a pretty good deal.

How dare they expect we pay full price for anything. Shame.

Didn't mean to offend anyone!:goodvibes Just saying that we used to get better deals - I guess I'll stop seeing movies at the theater and just wait for the release to blu-ray. That would make the $20-25 fine to pay since I buy them anyhow (I love all my Disney movies!), and I wouldn't have to spend $32 for four of us to see it in the theater.
And from now on I'm only posting happy thoughts, because every time someone has a negative opinion or shares an unhappy thought, they get judged harshly on here! :hug: I'm all about optimism from now on - besides, we go to WDW every year, I own DVC, so Disney always gets money from me! And that is not a complaint - I live for our Disney trips and enjoy every minute of them!
Have a nice weekend DIS friends!:)