PDA

View Full Version : Disney further alienates loyal guests . . .

wdw4us2
09-25-2002, 04:04 PM
I don't know how many of you check out the DIS Collector's Board, but there has been much discussion regarding the Epcot Pin Celebration 2002 that was held last week.

I was a participant in this Special Event and, believe me, there were a multitude of problems from the outset. Some examples include: pre-ordered merchandise not available for pick-up, damaged pre-ordered merchandise, three Security Hosts to check over 1500 people attending breakfast, too few cash registers to handle the purchases of the event participants (resulting in a 4-6 hour wait in line), CM's who knew nothing about the merchandise, people attending the event without paying, a venue too small for the amount of people attending plus many other problems.

Keep in mind that the majority of the people attending this event are loyal Disney guests who spend a lot of money at WDW for these events, merchandise, resort stays, etc. Some comments I overheard include, "This is the last pin event I will attend.", "I think Disney knows that we will keep attending these events, so they don't care how they treat us.", "The Manager in charge of this event should be fired.", "I've never seen such poor quality merchandise at a Disney event in my life.", "I'm not coming back tomorrow - I've had enough!" plus many other comments I can't print here.

The word was spread around The DIS community attendees to write to someone and express dissatisfaction with the event. I myself sent a 4 page letter to Lee Cockerell, Executive V.P. of WDW Operations with my complaints and suggestions as to how to correct this in the future. I sent copies to Ei$ner, Al Weiss and Roy Disney. Maybe one of them will actually read my letter. Thanks, Landbaron, for posting the addresses.

I guess the thing that bothered me the most was the realization that it appears Disney really does not care how it treats their Park Guests any more. It will be interesting to see if any changes are made before the next event, which I had already paid for before attending this one. I will keep you posted.

Lisa:smooth:

TiggerFreak
09-25-2002, 05:57 PM
Didn't thay have a similar set of problems and complaints at a pin event at DL a couple of months ago?

I know that DL and WDW are on other ends of the country, but they are part of the same company.

Aren't they :confused:

Luv2Roam
09-25-2002, 07:47 PM
Seems like the same is said at every event.
The Big Pin Event we found out the dates AFTER paying for our airline tickets. :rolleyes: It was being held the day we LEFT! :p
But you know, can't say I really care. I was able to get those pins through someone else.
And even when we were there the last of May, I easily bought the LE pins from the DAK pin event. A few of the low edition I traded for. :cool: And that was the event that was over $100 per person!
So after my experience at not being at events, I don't really feel like I am missing a lot.
Long lines, hot weather.. that's what I am missing. ;) It would be nice to see other traders, but...
Some pin guests have gone to WDW pin events only to wind up missing a lot, once their pin bag is STOLEN!:mad:
I think the only one I would care about now is HM theme pin events. I am thinking of shooting for the one at DLR Halloween '03. :)

wdw4us2
09-25-2002, 09:45 PM
Well, several of the people I spoke to are going to the 999 Happy Haunts Ball.

They have decided that if things are not better at that event, they will not pay for any more pin/merchandise events.

I'm inclined to agree with them.

Lisa:smooth:

TheLionKing
09-26-2002, 11:07 AM
The Pin event sounded like the Disneyana Mystery Event.

Both were run by the EPCOT Event team........

Maybe they need to rethink things?