PDA

View Full Version : Budget Hotels near DC?

aja319se
03-28-2011, 01:59 PM
I am thinking about taking a road trip from Boston to GA and stopping in DC for a day or two. I am looking for any sort of recommendation for affordable hotels near DC. We are willing to take the Metro to get around town and I think it would be easier on the budget if we were not right inside DC. Any recommendations? :confused3 I'm asking on the Dis because you all rock :)
We're looking for a safe neighborhood too obviously, I stress this because you can find an affordable hotel NEAR Boston but not in any neighborhood I'd necessarily want to spend the night in with my children.
TIA!!

faith
03-28-2011, 07:15 PM
I plan to be in DC with family in a few days. From my research, the word budget and a trip to the capitol don't go hand in hand.
The hotel prices are much higher than my area!
That said we will be staying in Alexandria Va. (Old Town). Good reviews for the area on these boards. The metro is right there also.
Price? Unfortunately, around $200, but found an offer that includes "free" parking.
If, I see this thread still going when we return, I'll update things for you. Lots of help from locals on the community board, also.
I hope you decide to go. We are all very excited about our trip!

Shelly F - Ohio
03-29-2011, 07:55 AM
Well that depends how much do you want to pay for a budget hotel in DC?

Madison'smommy
03-29-2011, 08:00 AM
You definatly dont want to go tooooo "budget". You will get what you pay for. I would stay on the Virginia side. You can do that and still be on the Metro line.

seals
03-29-2011, 08:19 AM
Hilton Garden Inn, Arlington Courthouse. We've gotten rooms for $89 (August). Big rooms. 3 blocks from Metro. Various eating places, CVS, etc. around. Negatives are tight underground parking (and I think we paid $10 ? for parking) and I don't think it had a pool. Although we were touring most of the day so we didn't miss the pool.

aja319se
03-29-2011, 11:17 AM
Thanks everyone that is really helpful. I will definitely check the Virginia side. I've heard Alexandria is a good place to look...