PDA

View Full Version : Best off site anniversary dinner?

JennCa
03-28-2011, 12:52 AM
We are staying at Wyndham Bonnet Creek so figure I don't want to go on site to eat for our anniversary so what else is really good and off site? Not willing to drive more than 20-25 minutes from Bonnet Creek.

We eat everything, but not wanting a chain place. I really like high quality food, but I eat more mainstream things. It will be just us (my parents are babysitting, yeah!) so quiet and romantic is fine but not required, and the price needs to be less than $50 a person.

Any suggestions?

Jenn

Orlando Vic
03-28-2011, 08:10 AM
We are staying at Wyndham Bonnet Creek so figure I don't want to go on site to eat for our anniversary so what else is really good and off site? Not willing to drive more than 20-25 minutes from Bonnet Creek.

We eat everything, but not wanting a chain place. I really like high quality food, but I eat more mainstream things. It will be just us (my parents are babysitting, yeah!) so quiet and romantic is fine but not required, and the price needs to be less than $50 a person.

Any suggestions?

Jenn

My best suggestion would be Seasons 52 on Sand Lake Road http://www.seasons52.com/locations/Orlando2.asp I and my family consider it our default special occasion restaurant because we have never been disappointed there.

It is quiet, romantic and well within your budget. Oh yes, the food is fresh, nutritious and very tasty.

A small disclaimer: It is technically a (Darden) "chain" restaurant, but totally unlike any other chain you've ever been to. Expect to be impressed. You will not be disappointed!

oscarkat
03-29-2011, 02:37 PM
Please please please, go to The Capital Grille

I can't post the web address because I don't have enough posts yet :( just google it.

My husband and I tried it on a whim three years ago on the second week of our hunnymoon (week 1 Bahamas, week 2 Florida). We've got back every year for our anniversary. The steaks are incredible, and I highly recommend the calamari, tomato and mozzarella salad, and the cheesecake!

Let them know it's your anniversary when you book the reservation too. We arrived to a rose petal strewn table, free champaign, and a dessert gift from the chef. It's runs the two us us about $250 including the tip, and we don't drink so that doesn't include alcohol, but we really enjoy this once a year.

Orlando Vic
04-01-2011, 08:04 AM
Here is another thought: The Venetian Room at the Caribe Royale. I must tell you that I've never been there, however the Orlando Sentinel's
annual Foodie awards Romantic Restaurants category, the Venetian Room was a runner up. Take a look: http://www.orlandosentinel.com/entertainment/restaurants/orl-foodies-2011,0,3249601.htmlpage Additionally, there is a Groupon currently available that could save you some $$$: http://www.groupon.com/deals/the-venetian-room?c=dnb&p=1

Bottom line: romantic restaurant & close to Disney. Not sure if it is within your $50/pp limit even with the Groupon savings. You may want to check it out.