PDA

View Full Version : Fall Forum 2011

snowelle
03-27-2011, 07:30 PM
I'm currently waiting for my acceptance/decline letter.
Hope i get in! anyone else with me? :)
I applied for hospitality or attractions role,what about you?

Tigger1234
03-27-2011, 07:59 PM
I'm currently waiting for my letter too. I'm also pending. My top three roles were character attendant, attractions, and life guarding. I really hope I get in:goodvibes

snowelle
03-27-2011, 08:23 PM
goodluck to you!
when did you have your phone interview?

Shortney
03-27-2011, 10:14 PM
I'm currently waiting as well! I applied on Wednesday the 23rd, so I have only been waiting a few days but it feels like forever! My top 3 roles were concierge, hospitality, and bibbidi bobbidi boutique :)

I have been checking my e-mail like a crazy woman haha :goodvibes
Good luck to you both!

snowelle
03-27-2011, 10:23 PM
I signed up for the same as you! Hopefully we get in ahhh :D

ixDreamxofxDisney
03-28-2011, 09:26 AM
I also did the web based interview on Wednesday and had my phone interview on Friday morning. My top choices were Attractions, QSFB, FSFB and Merch. My interviewer seemed impressed by all of my work experience with guests so hopefully that'll help me haha

Now I'm just waiting and it's killing me! :worried:

snowelle
03-28-2011, 10:22 AM
Omg the wait SUCKS, literally every 5 minutes im checking my email!
I hope we all get in!

lsterling23
03-28-2011, 11:40 AM
I am also waiting for my acceptance/decline letter..
It's been a few weeks so I don't remember what I said my top three were but I doodled on a paper and my top five were:
1)Attractions
2)Entertainment
3)Food Cart Cashier
4)PhotoPass Photographer
5)Stores (Retail)

I also checked character attendant, entertainment costuming, and ticket seller.
I would do almost anything to work there (: haha

I had my phone interview on March 1st and received my pending letter a little over two weeks later. I am now just playing the waiting game..

I, however, am applying for the Disneyland internship. Most of the people on here are talking about WDW. (At least most of the posts I have read are...)

:tinker: Good luck to you guys! (:
Keep everyone updated, and if you don't get it now..don't stop trying!!! (:

chipNdale007
03-28-2011, 03:09 PM
The waiting game is horrible and I was very lucky to find out when I went down to FL for Spring Break. I was on pins and needles until I was told by email that I am working as a bell service dispatch cast member. I hope everyone on this thread gets in and that it doesn't take too long for you to find out your fate!

snowelle
03-29-2011, 11:48 AM
Has anyone been declined?
I'm so scared that i wont get an email or ill be declined :(

JoEliz713
03-29-2011, 03:10 PM
Has anyone been declined?
I'm so scared that i wont get an email or ill be declined :(

Well at this point the phrase is, "No news is good news."
I was accepted for Fall Attractions, but I was rare in that my turn around was under a week. However I applied for over 15 positions and have a resume that goes on for miles. Plus it doesn't hurt that I’m a senior headed into a super senior and a double major, so don't put me into your statistics because I’m an odd outlier.
BUT! What I have heard from former CPs and discussion boards is that there are 4 tiers to the acceptance process. There is "A" tier, for lack of a better term, that is the instant/immediate yes. They are the ones that tend to find out under/around 2 weeks of their phone interview and tend to go into the “face roles” like Attractions, Characters/Character Attendants (for auditions), or Merchandise. Next is the “B” team and those are the ones that don’t hear after 2 weeks but don’t get a pending letter either. These cast members often fall into the Food Services, Hospitality or Housekeeping. The next tier is the “C” team and these are the “Penders”. More often or not Disney likes these potential cast members but aren’t quite sure where their role is just yet and they tend to fill out all of the other roles. Sometimes penders find out if they get in anywhere from 2 weeks to 2 months after their pending letter. See, Disney only takes around 6,000 College Programmers a year for both parks and the pool is shallower with 1,700 or so of the 6,000 being the Professional Internships. So most penders will be held in the pool until after two or three rounds of interviews happen and they fill the gaps. Good news (or bad depending on your status) is that everyone finds out by April 30th when the deadlines close. The last tier or “D” tier is the small, but unfortunate, group that are told either right away or after the deadline that they are a no. More often the restricted hires/returners fall into this category as well, so keep your nose clean if you wish to do the program more than once.
Now I’m speaking in super generalized terms and would love help if I am wrong on different points, but this is the general feeling I get from the boards and other returners or past CPs.

ixDreamxofxDisney
03-30-2011, 11:29 AM
I was accepted for Fall Attractions, but I was rare in that my turn around was under a week. However I applied for over 15 positions and have a resume that goes on for miles. Plus it doesn't hurt that I’m a senior headed into a super senior and a double major, so don't put me into your statistics because I’m an odd outlier.
BUT! What I have heard from former CPs and discussion boards is that there are 4 tiers to the acceptance process. There is "A" tier, for lack of a better term, that is the instant/immediate yes. They are the ones that tend to find out under/around 2 weeks of their phone interview and tend to go into the “face roles” like Attractions, Characters/Character Attendants (for auditions), or Merchandise. Next is the “B” team and those are the ones that don’t hear after 2 weeks but don’t get a pending letter either. These cast members often fall into the Food Services, Hospitality or Housekeeping. The next tier is the “C” team and these are the “Penders”. More often or not Disney likes these potential cast members but aren’t quite sure where their role is just yet and they tend to fill out all of the other roles. Sometimes penders find out if they get in anywhere from 2 weeks to 2 months after their pending letter. See, Disney only takes around 6,000 College Programmers a year for both parks and the pool is shallower with 1,700 or so of the 6,000 being the Professional Internships. So most penders will be held in the pool until after two or three rounds of interviews happen and they fill the gaps. Good news (or bad depending on your status) is that everyone finds out by April 30th when the deadlines close. The last tier or “D” tier is the small, but unfortunate, group that are told either right away or after the deadline that they are a no. More often the restricted hires/returners fall into this category as well, so keep your nose clean if you wish to do the program more than once.
Now I’m speaking in super generalized terms and would love help if I am wrong on different points, but this is the general feeling I get from the boards and other returners or past CPs.

This seems like a reasonable explanation of the choosing process, and I have to admit it makes me feel a little better about my chances haha :goodvibes
I'm still checking my e-mail every 8 seconds! It's been 5 days since my phone interview and I feel like waiting the full 2-3 weeks will absolutely kill me

beautybutafunnygirl
03-30-2011, 07:54 PM

I don't know about this... Plenty of people (myself included) who eventually get accepted for 'A team' face roles DO get pended. The turnaround from when I applied to when I got accepted was two months.

From my observations with the facebook group and everything it seemed like the opposite, actually, with the very first batch of acceptees being chosen for big, less selective roles like qsfb and custodial and most of the other people who applied early being pended, regardless of what their eventual outcome was. I think how long it takes to hear back depends mostly on when in the recruiting season you applied, because in the beginning the ONLY people who heard within two weeks were culinary. Just curious about where you heard this, because I've never noticed anything like it.

It is of course possible that I'm crazy though! :)

Dreamstuff
03-31-2011, 06:46 AM
I don't know about this... Plenty of people (myself included) who eventually get accepted for 'A team' face roles DO get pended. The turnaround from when I applied to when I got accepted was two months.

From my observations with the facebook group and everything it seemed like the opposite, actually, with the very first batch of acceptees being chosen for big, less selective roles like qsfb and custodial and most of the other people who applied early being pended, regardless of what their eventual outcome was. I think how long it takes to hear back depends mostly on when in the recruiting season you applied, because in the beginning the ONLY people who heard within two weeks were culinary. Just curious about where you heard this, because I've never noticed anything like it.

It is of course possible that I'm crazy though! :)

I heard back around two weeks and got Attractions. You are correct about all the QSFB roles being mass-handed out in the beginning but there's an easy reason for that.

It's the hardest position to fill! A lot of people turn down the CP just because they get placed in QSFB, so you give that role out early simply to have enough time to refill it.

snowelle
03-31-2011, 07:47 AM
If my letter doesnt come in the mail by like today im going to flip!
its only been a week and a day but still
the wait is KILLLLLING me

cat named virtute
03-31-2011, 12:14 PM
I got my pending letter two weeks ago. Then yesterday I got a call from a recruiter who told me I was accepted. I applied for like 15 different roles. and managed to get custodial/busing. I'm not too mad about it, I just wanted something that wasnt complete kitchen work. (coming from someone whos worked "the line" in a kitchen for 3 years) so to all of you penders, don't worry you'll time will come. Is it odd that they had a recruiter call me about it, rather than just send a letter?

pipermae
03-31-2011, 12:32 PM
I got my pending letter two weeks ago. Then yesterday I got a call from a recruiter who told me I was accepted. I applied for like 15 different roles. and managed to get custodial/busing. I'm not too mad about it, I just wanted something that wasnt complete kitchen work. (coming from someone whos worked "the line" in a kitchen for 3 years) so to all of you penders, don't worry you'll time will come. Is it odd that they had a recruiter call me about it, rather than just send a letter?

I've never heard of a recruiter calling in lieu of an e-mail or letter. I did read that they were having technical issues and maybe this is just faster?

Dreamstuff
04-01-2011, 03:27 AM

It is odd but as the above poster said maybe it was due to difficulties, I have heard of people getting phone calls before.
Don't worry about Custodial, everyone whose done it seems to love it and I can pretty much promise you that you've got nothing to do with kitchens.

ixDreamxofxDisney
04-03-2011, 10:24 AM
Has anyone heard anything yet for Fall 2011? :goodvibes I know I haven't been waiting too long (about 9 days), but I'm so impatient and I want to know already! :headache:

snowelle
04-05-2011, 07:37 AM
ive been waiting 13 days!
its killling me,my friend is pending right now and has to wait til
april 30th!!

Shortney
04-05-2011, 12:29 PM
I'm still waiting :( tomorrow (April 6th) will make it two weeks for me since my phone interview. My phone interviewer told me I would hear back in about 2 weeks and then the email from Disney thanking me for applying said I would hear within 3-4 weeks. I'm going crazy from waiting!! Haha

ixDreamxofxDisney
04-06-2011, 03:07 PM
AHHHHHH! I just got my acceptance for QSFB for Fall 2011 after 12 days of constantly checking my email! :goodvibes :cool1: :woohoo:

So excited!

beautybutafunnygirl
04-06-2011, 03:08 PM
AHHHHHH! I just got my acceptance for QSFB for Fall 2011 after 12 days of constantly checking my email! :goodvibes :cool1: :woohoo:

So excited!

Congratulations!!:goodvibes

Shortney
04-09-2011, 12:52 PM
I received my acceptance letter yesterday in the mail!! I never received an email but I think I must have been accepted when they were having technical issues. I was accepted for Attractions which is odd because I was only asked one question pertaining to that role which was if I had any experience speaking in front of large groups of people. Hopefully I've been chosen for a spiel role!! Good luck to everyone still waiting :)

monarchs21
04-09-2011, 12:59 PM
I received my acceptance letter yesterday in the mail!! I never received an email but I think I must have been accepted when they were having technical issues. I was accepted for Attractions which is odd because I was only asked one question pertaining to that role which was if I had any experience speaking in front of large groups of people. Hopefully I've been chosen for a spiel role!! Good luck to everyone still waiting :)

Congrats! Maybe you'll get on the Great Movie Ride....that would be awesome!!

Shortney
04-09-2011, 02:33 PM
I'm hoping for either that or Kilimanjaro Safari!!

PaintedRedRoses
04-09-2011, 10:21 PM
It's been a week and a half since my interview. Still waiting to hear anything. (I know that's nothing compared to some people, but any wait is stressful)

I went to check my mail today and had two slips for packages. One I already knew what it was, the other I didn't. I was so nervous...and then it turned out to be something from amazon that was delivered a few days early. :headache:

DisneyLuver02391
04-10-2011, 10:16 PM
Just thought I'd say hello! :wave2:

I'm arriving 8/31 and departing 1/6. I'll be working attractions, so if anyone else is in that same role, I'd love to chat!

Prock
04-10-2011, 11:02 PM
I had my phone interview on april 1st, got my acceptance email last friday. I'm in transportation for fall '11. Check in is 8/10

snowelle
04-11-2011, 07:26 AM
I had my interview March 23rd, and now its April 11th,
I havent heard anything back from Disney is this normal?

JoEliz713
04-12-2011, 01:44 AM
I had my interview March 23rd, and now its April 11th,
I havent heard anything back from Disney is this normal?

I wouldn't worry too much, if anything its good news because a bunch of character roles were handed out after the last audition so a bunch of roles have opened up. I bet you will hear within the next week!!

Sending prayers your way!

snowelle
04-12-2011, 07:09 AM
aw thank you soooooo much, Ive been checking my email/mail
like a crazy person and i still havent heard anything yet :/