PDA

View Full Version : Trying to sell some of my Longaberger basket, any suggestions....

czycropper
03-27-2011, 06:44 PM
I just realized that I'd rather get some money for our upcoming trip to Florida than have the baskets down in the basement in a storage bin BUT I have no idea where to sell them other than maybe Ebay. I really don't want to pay the Ebay fees but if I have to do it that way I guess I'll have to do it :sad2:

Any and all opinions are greatly appreciated!

fakereadhed
03-27-2011, 06:57 PM
Have you checked eBay prices for your baskets? Just like most collectibles, they aren't hot right now, but may be in the future. I see them by the boatload at consignment stores for low prices. When I looked at selling mine, they were going for at or less than original price. I am still deciding whether to sell mine, but if I do I will probably sell them at orig. or less $ on Craigslist.

disny_luvr
03-27-2011, 07:19 PM
I'm in the same boat as both of you. I do actually still use most of mine, but I have a few that I have in a bin in the basement. I tried to sell one at our neighborhood yard sale last fall and I don't even think anyone looked at it. I thought I had it priced to sell at $25.00. I'm going to try craigslist for some of mine. I think I may have better luck on there than on ebay.

czycropper
03-27-2011, 07:26 PM
That's what I thought that because of the economy I won't be able to get what they may be worth. Most of the ones that I have are from the late 1990's and I have lots of the small booking baskets!

I'm going to do an inventory of them and then check out Ebay.....maybe I'll list all the ones that I have on Craigslist and see what happens....

SeansMom
03-27-2011, 08:24 PM
I just realized that I'd rather get some money for our upcoming trip to Florida than have the baskets down in the basement in a storage bin BUT I have no idea where to sell them other than maybe Ebay. I really don't want to pay the Ebay fees but if I have to do it that way I guess I'll have to do it :sad2:

Any and all opinions are greatly appreciated!

At least SOME seem to be selling on ebay. I like baskets, but no nothing about this brand, but took a look and some are selling for quite a bit (of course I don't know what you paid, and if you're willing to take a loss). Anyway, maybe CL first, ebay second?