PDA

View Full Version : Getting to airport

DisneyHotDog
03-27-2011, 06:16 AM
How do you get from the apartments/housing to the airport? Do CP people take cabs or bus service to the airport? How far away is the airport and what is the cost to get there if you take a cab or bus?

glendalais
03-27-2011, 09:38 AM
Orlando International Airport is approximately 27 km. (17 mi.) from the Florida-Site Disney Internships & Programs housing complexes, approximately a 20 minute drive. A wide variety of transportation options are available, including public transit, shared van services and taxi service.

For more information, visit the websites of Mears Transportation Group (http://www.mearstransporation.com) or of the Central Florida Regional Transportation Authority (LYNX) (http://www.golynx.com).

t-ho
03-27-2011, 05:54 PM
How do you get from the apartments/housing to the airport? Do CP people take cabs or bus service to the airport? How far away is the airport and what is the cost to get there if you take a cab or bus?

Keeping in mind that I myself drove to WDW, but my roommates arrived by plane, I can tell you that most everyone I met took a cab type thing to the CP apartments. Like Mr. Veteran said above me, Mears is a popular company. Their cabs are around the apartments all the time. I'm taking that as a sign that they are a good company. I do hear it's like $50. I'd look it up on line through their website or maybe the airports. The great thing about these message boards though is maybe you can find someone to share the cab with you.

You also might want to look into/see how much Disney's Magical Express costs. That will take you from the airport of select Disney resorts.

DisneyHotDog
03-27-2011, 07:15 PM
Is it possible to take the Disney Magical Express to and from the airport if you are not a guest staying at one of the resorts?

mpetras1
03-27-2011, 10:38 PM
I don't think you can, unfortunately! That would be so nice!

t-ho
03-28-2011, 12:36 AM
Is it possible to take the Disney Magical Express to and from the airport if you are not a guest staying at one of the resorts?

I heard of someone getting around that somehow. I'd live it for your return flight at the end of your stay or something. but i think i've seen in done.