PDA

View Full Version : voluntEARS

Shortney
03-27-2011, 01:17 AM
I really want to get involved with Give Kids the World when I go down to Orlando. How does Disney send their voluntEARS over there? Do you need to speak with your manager or are opportunities posted on the Hub?

monarchs21
03-27-2011, 10:06 AM
All the voluntEARS events that I saw were posted on the hub. Although I never did Give Kids the World..

Practically.Perfect
03-27-2011, 10:13 AM
I did Give Kids The World once and it was very fun and I wish I had gotten to do it again, but I always worked on those nights. they gave us a sheet at check in with info about volunteering there. the housing programs office sends CP there every wendsday and sunday night to help with activities. you call the programs office a week before to sign up, but they only take so many people each week, so if there is space you can go. they provide transportation there and back.

VoluntEARS is through the whole company, i believe they have their own website where you can register and look for events to volunteer at and sign up. If you don't have a car it may be hard to get to some of the places.

I know some of my managers at work would also tell us about events sometimes too. I think some things were on property and would have been easier to get to. If you talked to a manager i'm sure they could get you info or point you in the right direction.

My roommate and I volunteered at a playground build at a boys and girls club. It was very hot, but lots of fun. there were a ton of Disney VoluntEARS there and Handy Manny was there as well!

monarchs21
03-27-2011, 10:26 AM
Yea me and my roommate did the VoluntEARS bowl-a-thon and we had to drive down to Kissimmee. Luckily I brought my car down with me :dancer:

Shortney
03-27-2011, 11:51 AM
Thank you both so much for replying! I just recently heard about Give Kids the World and I feel like it will be a very rewarding and life changing experience to be involved! I will definitely be participating this fall! :)

psherman42
03-27-2011, 12:13 PM
This is something I'd love to get involved in while down there. I hope I have the opportunity!

monarchs21
03-27-2011, 02:09 PM
Thank you both so much for replying! I just recently heard about Give Kids the World and I feel like it will be a very rewarding and life changing experience to be involved! I will definitely be participating this fall! :)

Your welcome. I wish I was going down again, but I gotta finish school...It was the best 7 months of my life!!