PDA

View Full Version : Back to where we started from~~Arainging my daughters marriage and other fun stuff

winkers
03-26-2011, 09:27 PM
Close your eyes, put on some dreamy music...ok I guess you should put on the music and then close your eyes, while I take you back to 2006.
Thanks to my friend who convinced me that going to Disneyland was worth the money, I bit the bullet and bought tickets.

I had always thought it would be fun to take the kids to Disneyland but the cost was hard for me to get over. Once I did, I went into uber- ocd planner mode. I read everything I could get my hands. My friend was soon shocked that I actualy knew more about it than she did.

So the first week of march we loaded up the mini van with me, my dh, 4 kids and the mother in law..and we were off on a 20 hour drive.

I remember vividly the second I walked through the gates I swear I heard a chorus of angels sing the hallelujah chours! I was a true believer, I drank the kool-aid and fell for Disney hook, line and sinker!:goodvibes

And much to my family and friend's dismay I have had a mutual love affair with disney ever since.

That trip was followed by 5 trips to Disney World. If you look down there at the bottom of this post you can see links to 4 of those trips, if you'd like to take a peek.

This year our budget was a little smaller for our family vacation and I tried, I realy honestly did try to accept the fact that there would be no disney this year.....well, that lasted for about a month!

Join me as I tell you a tale about getting back to where the madness all started from!

Here's a few pics from that fatefull trip...

http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q240/winkers_photos/100_0535.jpg

http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q240/winkers_photos/100_0550.jpg

http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q240/winkers_photos/100_0181.jpg

http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q240/winkers_photos/100_0183.jpg

http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q240/winkers_photos/100_0509.jpg

englishrose47
03-26-2011, 09:41 PM
I'm First!!!!!

winkers
03-26-2011, 09:44 PM
Rosie!! My favorite pole dancing buddy!:banana::banana:

mrsksomeday
03-26-2011, 09:53 PM
I am here!!! So happy for a Winkers TR! Wow the kids were so little back then, they look so grown up now. I can't wait to read about your adventure.

Dsnygrl1205
03-26-2011, 10:50 PM
Subscribing! I have followed along with your past trip reports and am coming out of lurkdom to say hello! :wave2:

All7OfUs
03-26-2011, 10:56 PM
So glad you're starting a new thread for us to have fun on!!

reelmom
03-27-2011, 07:07 AM
WINKERS! WINKERS! WINKERS! So glad that you are back. I have missed you. Wow, the kids look like such babies. How is everybody doing?

Blueyed Girl
03-27-2011, 02:05 PM
I'm here!!!! I'm so glad you are doing this. I have been in a depression lately since we canceled our cruise! :sad2: We are going to WDW this year but not until July. Can't wait to read up on your TR!! :banana:

Blueyed Girl
03-27-2011, 02:10 PM
Here's a few pics from that fatefull trip...

http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q240/winkers_photos/100_0535.jpg

http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q240/winkers_photos/100_0550.jpg

http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q240/winkers_photos/100_0181.jpg

http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q240/winkers_photos/100_0183.jpg

http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q240/winkers_photos/100_0509.jpg

Oh my goodness look how young all your baby's are!!! :love:

Can't wait to read more popcorn::

Rozz
03-27-2011, 02:16 PM
Hi winkers!! I'm ready to read the tale!:goodvibes

*Seanaci*
03-27-2011, 04:44 PM
Yay! Another Winker's TR. :)

And like others have already said...man your kids were babies!!! Such sweet kids! :)

ddstratton
03-27-2011, 05:23 PM
I'm looking forward to reading about your trip. I always love your reports!

glennbo123
03-27-2011, 06:05 PM
:yay: A winkers report!!!

And, who are those little kids? :laughing:

ETA: I just read that MIL will be along on this trip also. :woohoo:

smidgy
03-27-2011, 07:22 PM
yay!!!!.:banana: can't wait to hear about DLR! never been there.

and I also can't beleive those little munchkins are your kids!

coteau_chick
03-27-2011, 07:28 PM
I know what you are going to do......you are going to make me want to go to Disney World. I can't wait to hear all about your trip. :cool1:

tinacaplan
03-27-2011, 08:14 PM
I'm in!

careyr24
03-27-2011, 08:20 PM
Im in. Cant wait to read.

englishrose47
03-28-2011, 12:13 AM
Rosie!! My favorite pole dancing buddy!:banana::banana:
You missed the Piglet Lap Dance and the Shower cap:lmao::lmao:

I'm here!!!! I'm so glad you are doing this. I have been in a depression lately since we canceled our cruise! :sad2: We are going to WDW this year but not until July. Can't wait to read up on your TR!! :banana:

Hi Blue !!! Now we just need jordan on here too!!!

Last time they left her home she remodeled their remodeled kitchen:scared1::rotfl2::rotfl2:

daisy_77
03-28-2011, 11:25 AM
Aww what little cuties!

I am looking forward to reading what you have going on now and I am heading back to read your last TR! popcorn:::thumbsup2

15isto2
03-28-2011, 12:13 PM
Cant wait to read more

winkers
03-28-2011, 12:17 PM
I am here!!! So happy for a Winkers TR! Wow the kids were so little back then, they look so grown up now. I can't wait to read about your adventure.
I shed a few tears looking back at those sweet little faces....what happened?;)

Subscribing! I have followed along with your past trip reports and am coming out of lurkdom to say hello! :wave2:
So glad you're starting a new thread for us to have fun on!!
Hi!:banana: I love it when lurkers come out and say hi!

WINKERS! WINKERS! WINKERS! So glad that you are back. I have missed you. Wow, the kids look like such babies. How is everybody doing?
I've missed being on the dis too! the kids are all doing great, keeping me busy and on my toes!

It's so sad you had to cancel! But at least you'll get a dose of disney still...but in July??? all I can say is sticky and hot!

Oh my goodness look how young all your baby's are!!! :love:::
I know!! I haven't gotten that much older too have I?;)

Hi winkers!! I'm ready to read the tale!:goodvibes
Hey Rozz!!:banana:

Yay! Another Winker's TR. :)

And like others have already said...man your kids were babies!!! Such sweet kids! :)
I know....I'm not sure how they got so old!

I'm looking forward to reading about your trip. I always love your reports!
thanks! I'm glad you're here!

I'm not sure who those kids are....:laughing: that can't be my smart alec group of kids..:rotfl:

yay!!!!.:banana: can't wait to hear about DLR! never been there.

and I also can't beleive those little munchkins are your kids!
Smidgy! :dance3:

I know what you are going to do......you are going to make me want to go to Disney World. I can't wait to hear all about your trip. :cool1:

no...I'm going to make you go to disney land!:laughing:

winkers
03-28-2011, 12:20 PM
I'm in!
:cool1: Welcome!

Im in. Cant wait to read.
:banana:

Last time they left her home she remodeled their remodeled kitchen:scared1::rotfl2::rotfl2:
:scared1: the horror of those memories!!!!:eek:

Aww what little cuties!

I am looking forward to reading what you have going on now and I am heading back to read your last TR! popcorn:::thumbsup2
I hope you enjoy the other tr....and it doesn't scare you away!
;)
Cant wait to read more

:yay::woohoo: Hi! Welcome to the madness!

WendyO
03-29-2011, 01:43 AM
The kids are so little!!!! But I can still see "them" in those baby faces :laughing:

Can't wait to hear all about it! Miss you guys!

taylor91
03-29-2011, 05:27 AM
I'm in, looking forward to reading about your trip popcorn::

lovealldisney
03-29-2011, 08:33 AM
Ohhh a winkers TR!!! Loved all your others! Can't wait to hear all about this one! :thumbsup2

englishrose47
03-29-2011, 08:40 AM
Just checking in good to see all the people who have come out of lurkdom for a Winkers TR!!!!Do you remember the Bushes you fell into and how very supportive and helpful D Jay and Jordan were ??:rotfl2::rotfl2:

Evette
03-29-2011, 12:13 PM
I love your Trip Reports, so glad you're back with another one.:cool1:

englishrose47
03-29-2011, 12:20 PM

Patience is needed on Winkers reports and lots of popcorn::popcorn::popcorn:::rotfl2:;)

winkers
03-29-2011, 05:35 PM
The kids are so little!!!! But I can still see "them" in those baby faces :laughing:

Can't wait to hear all about it! Miss you guys!
I know...I'm still trying to figure out how they and I got so old!
I miss you guys too!

I'm in, looking forward to reading about your trip popcorn::
:yay: Welcome!

Ohhh a winkers TR!!! Loved all your others! Can't wait to hear all about this one! :thumbsup2
:woohoo: Hi, I'm glad you haven't been scared away by my oddness.

Just checking in good to see all the people who have come out of lurkdom for a Winkers TR!!!!Do you remember the Bushes you fell into and how very supportive and helpful D Jay and Jordan were ??:rotfl2::rotfl2:
yes....I like to make close friends out of bushes and shrubs..:laughing:

:banana: Yes..I'm back!

Patience is needed on Winkers reports and lots of popcorn::popcorn::popcorn:::rotfl2:;)

:confused3 I have no idea what you're talking about!

winkers
03-29-2011, 05:49 PM
Today I'm trying some thing new....water aerobics!:scared1::scared1: What does that have to do with a disney trip you ask? Well, nothing really....I'm just tring to keep myself busy and not thinking about my pasty white behind in a swiming suit at the high school pool, where the high school swim team will be practicing siimultaneously with my bouncing around in the water like a giant pooh covered swim suit...the pooh because it has pooh on it...winnie the pooh!

So, in my effort to forget about the humiliation that will take place at the pool in 3.5 hours, I thought I'd give you a little refresher of the previous winkers trips.

2005....the year if all began. We loaded up our kids and mil and headed for disneyland in the mini van...that's about 20 hours of family togetherness!

2006....we loved Disneyland so much we decided to check out DisneyWorld. But with my thinking, it didnt' make sense to spend all the money to fly the whole family across the country since we had just taken them to disney land...I mean how different could the 2 really be? So D.Jay and I went, with out our kids and fell in love!

2007..On our previous trip we knew we HAD to take our kids to WDW. So, we surprised the kids with the trip...which was awesome except for the little part of me having a dental emergency, pain killers, wheel chairs and a taxi ride from hell...

2008...D.Jay and I were supposed to go to England that year, but I knew we HAD to have a do over for the last trip...so, off we went with the kids, again. They only found out about a week before the trip!

2009....I, having a lapse in judgment, decided we should invite the mother in law or MIL, to go.....well, it would have been helpful if I had a tranquilizer gun along....some how we survived and all returned home. Yes, we ALL returned home....MIL lives with us!

2010...After vowing that NEVER again would MIL be taken on a vacation again, we ditched her and the kids and D.Jay and I returned where we met up with Jordan (jordanyosh) Rosie (englishrose47} Derek & Wendy (wendyo) and Cherie (blueyedgirl)! It was an epic dis meet full of laughter and fun.....depends would have been wise because we all nearly peed our selves on a daily basis.

2011....Our budget for vacations was cut by about half....I tried really really hard to accept no disney this year, but that didn't happen. So, we headed back to the scene of the crime......and MIL was invited.

WendyO
03-29-2011, 06:10 PM
2010...After vowing that NEVER again would MIL be taken on a vacation again, we ditched her and the kids and D.Jay and I returned where we met up with Jordan (jordanyosh) Rosie (englishrose47} Derek & Wendy (wendyo) and Cherie (blueyedgirl)! It was an epic dis meet full of laughter and fun.....depends would have been wise because we all nearly peed our selves on a daily basis.

2011....Our budget for vacations was cut by about half....I tried really really hard to accept no disney this year, but that didn't happen. So, we headed back to the scene of the crime......and MIL was invited.

Since this trip, Derek has also voluntarily joined the madness so you have to add DisneyDerek to your peep list :laughing:

And we were glad you came back to "where it all happened" since we aren't seeing the World for a couple more years... and what? I didn't know MIL was invited? or is there more to the story... I'll wait patiently... well, not so patiently. :dance3:

All7OfUs
03-29-2011, 10:53 PM
You invited the MIL?? Did you also invite her MBoC??

nebo
03-31-2011, 11:21 AM
I don't see how that sweet little old lady, (mil), can be so maligned. All she wants is to be free from pain and out of the cold, that YOU subjected her to that last Feb. trip.
And this is the thanks she gets, for giving birth to your husband, DJ, who,,,um,,,,, hmmm,,,,,,,maybe your right!

I'm gonna keep babbling away until you get on with your story,,,,,,,,,,,,

englishrose47
03-31-2011, 09:08 PM
I think it is a wise decision to take MIL with you
1. No fear of a remodeled bathroom while you are gone .
2.It will undoubtedly make for some funny updates !!
3.If you had a station wagon she could be tied to the top as in "VACATION"!!!:rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2:

daisy_77
03-31-2011, 09:24 PM
All this talk of MIL and her MBOC made me curious so after reading her last TR I had to go to the family TR and oh my was it worth it..:lmao:

She'd be a great comic strip :laughing: The Adventures of MIL and her MCOC...the tupperwear addition. Think of the delights she can bring home after a disney buffet.

GreatBiscuit
04-01-2011, 08:07 AM
:wave2: Hey Cherie!

Good to see you again. Looking forward to more MIL mayhem. :darth:

englishrose47
04-01-2011, 11:00 PM
Bumping this up !!!

winkers
04-02-2011, 11:03 AM
Since this trip, Derek has also voluntarily joined the madness so you have to add DisneyDerek to your peep list :laughing:

And we were glad you came back to "where it all happened" since we aren't seeing the World for a couple more years... and what? I didn't know MIL was invited? or is there more to the story... I'll wait patiently... well, not so patiently. :dance3:
I did forget about Derek being a disser now~ I guess he realized we aren't all strange.
:rotfl:

You invited the MIL?? Did you also invite her MBoC??
There's no need to invite the MBOC...it goes where ever she goes.

I don't see how that sweet little old lady, (mil), can be so maligned. All she wants is to be free from pain and out of the cold, that YOU subjected her to that last Feb. trip.
And this is the thanks she gets, for giving birth to your husband, DJ, who,,,um,,,,, hmmm,,,,,,,maybe your right!

I'm gonna keep babbling away until you get on with your story,,,,,,,,,,,,
Nebs, Nebster, Nebo!
I'll send mill to visit you....you might change your mind.:laughing:

I think it is a wise decision to take MIL with you
1. No fear of a remodeled bathroom while you are gone .
2.It will undoubtedly make for some funny updates !!
3.If you had a station wagon she could be tied to the top as in "VACATION"!!!:rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2:
Rosie, the thought of her riding on top of the station wagon brings a little tear to my eye...tear of joy.;)

All this talk of MIL and her MBOC made me curious so after reading her last TR I had to go to the family TR and oh my was it worth it..:lmao:

She'd be a great comic strip :laughing: The Adventures of MIL and her MCOC...the tupperwear addition. Think of the delights she can bring home after a disney buffet.
I'm glad you enjoyed it....it wasn't funny at the time but I've realized that time plus MIl equals laughter.

:wave2: Hey Cherie!
Good to see you again. Looking forward to more MIL mayhem. :darth:
Hey! :banana:

Bumping this up !!!

:dance3:

vamassey1
04-02-2011, 07:13 PM
I'm so glad you're doing this!

I love your reports and I've never been to Disneyland. I can't wait to see it through the Winker Family Eyes.

englishrose47
04-02-2011, 08:20 PM
I did
Rosie, the thought of her riding on top of the station wagon brings a little tear to my eye...tear of joy.;)

I thought it might !!!!:lmao::lmao:

englishrose47
04-02-2011, 08:24 PM
Does this look familiar!!!

http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d47/bjsnyder77/funny%20pics/ultimatepeepshow.jpg

WalkingintheFog
04-03-2011, 01:13 PM
yay! signing up!
I so enjoy the ....the wisdom... you enpart (?sp? empart?... divulge.) in each report!:banana:

Now, I'll go back and read from the beginning!

RooRach0906
04-06-2011, 02:02 PM
Joining In... can't wait to read what happens! I went back and read your last family trip report I was so interested I stayed up til 1:30am reading the only reason I stopped was my laptop died!:rotfl:

englishrose47
04-06-2011, 09:59 PM
Hi there Winkers !!!Where's the next update !!! I think I am having Flashbacks I seem to remember asking that before in another life!!:rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2:

englishrose47
04-06-2011, 10:03 PM
This reminds me of a pix I saw of you!!

http://i347.photobucket.com/albums/p480/4everdavids/funny%20pics/small_1090268.jpg

:rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2:It's the EYES!!!!!

PittypatBR
04-09-2011, 12:05 AM
What fun! Really cute pictures of the kids from way back when, a great trip report from a favorite DISser, and a trip to Disneyland! Now why am I excited about a trip to Disneyland? I have never been and I JUST FOUND OUT I WILL BE GOING IN OCTOBER!! I really know nothing about DL since I have always been hooked on WDW, but i have a convention at the Anaheim Marriott, and I have added on three days so I can PLAY!! So let's get this TR going!! When are you going?

englishrose47
04-10-2011, 01:44 PM
http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e229/cdavoli/happy-easter.jpg

Happy Easter !!!

Native NYer
04-10-2011, 02:06 PM
Joining in!
love your reports! So glad you're doing another one.

winkers
04-12-2011, 02:46 PM

I love your reports and I've never been to Disneyland. I can't wait to see it through the Winker Family Eyes.
Hi! :banana:

http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d47/bjsnyder77/funny%20pics/ultimatepeepshow.jpg
yes...I seem to have a vague memory of that...hehe

yay! signing up!
I so enjoy the ....the wisdom... you enpart (?sp? empart?... divulge.) in each report!:banana:

:lmao: that's me laughing about "emparting" wisdom....but I'm glad you're here!

Joining In... can't wait to read what happens! I went back and read your last family trip report I was so interested I stayed up til 1:30am reading the only reason I stopped was my laptop died!:rotfl:
Welcome! I'm glad you enjoyed it! But you should realy read the first one...and the mother in law one...

Hi there Winkers !!!Where's the next update !!! I think I am having Flashbacks I seem to remember asking that before in another life!!:rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2:
I know not what thou speakest of.....

http://i347.photobucket.com/albums/p480/4everdavids/funny%20pics/small_1090268.jpg

oh Rosie....I LOVE YOU....plus you know way to much for me to ever not be your friend!
What fun! Really cute pictures of the kids from way back when, a great trip report from a favorite DISser, and a trip to Disneyland! Now why am I excited about a trip to Disneyland? I have never been and I JUST FOUND OUT I WILL BE GOING IN OCTOBER!! I really know nothing about DL since I have always been hooked on WDW, but i have a convention at the Anaheim Marriott, and I have added on three days so I can PLAY!! So let's get this TR going!! When are you going?
How Fun! Actually, we went in feb, but I'm doing a little bit of a pre trip coverage...

Joining in!
!
Hi! I haven't seen you around in a long time

winkers
04-12-2011, 02:51 PM

Hi! :banana:

yes...I seem to have a vague memory of that...hehe

yay! signing up!

:lmao: that's me laughing about "emparting" wisdom....but I'm glad you're here!

Welcome! I'm glad you enjoyed it! But you should realy read the first one...and the mother in law one...

I know not what thou speakest of.....

oh Rosie....I LOVE YOU....plus you know way to much for me to ever not be your friend!
How Fun! Actually, we went in feb, but I'm doing a little bit of a pre trip coverage...

Joining in!
!
Hi! I haven't seen you around in a long time

winkers
04-12-2011, 02:54 PM
I'm sorry I've been MIA lately...I do it just to annoy Rosie..;)

That and last week was spring break which equals very little computer time for me....Oh, and I've also launched my own little "business"....Heaven help me....

I'll be back later with more of an update!

reelmom
04-12-2011, 03:47 PM
You're own little business, you can't leave us hanging like that.

englishrose47
04-13-2011, 01:43 PM
I'm sorry I've been MIA lately...I do it just to annoy Rosie..;)

That and last week was spring break which equals very little computer time for me....Oh, and I've also launched my own little "business"....Heaven help me....

I'll be back later with more of an update!

I think we should all take a stab at what business Winkers has started :rotfl2:

How about Carrousel Horses and their many uses;):rotfl2:

Up close and personal, get to know your bushes !!!!:rotfl2::rotfl2:

As for knowing to much .. It is a 2 way street my friend !!!!:hug:

Poolrat
04-13-2011, 04:37 PM
I am in for the new adventure. Bad part is I am sure I will "need" to visit DL after I read this. :rolleyes1

All7OfUs
04-13-2011, 04:51 PM
Hmmm.... I wonder what this new adventure of yours could be! Do Tell....!

All7OfUs
04-13-2011, 04:57 PM
Hmmm.... I wonder what this new adventure of yours could be! Do Tell....!

winkers
04-15-2011, 10:38 AM
Ok, here's the scoop!

Evan has a big band tour next spring....to disneyland!! And being the disney freak in the bunch, I've been asked to be a chaperone......:banana::banana::banana:

Then reality hit and I realized I now have to raise $4,000....I spent a lot of time thinking of what I could do and then it came to me..

Winkers Wonders....a little BITE of Heaven

I am making gourmet cupcakes, chocolate covered cherries, and cookie bites..
Evan sells, and I bake...which I have been doing all week trying to perfect my recipies....the first day Evan brought samples to school, he got 2 orders.

So I'm a little :scared1: and :woohoo: and :upsidedow and :laundy: only baking!

reelmom
04-15-2011, 03:06 PM
Yum, sounds good. Do you do long distance orders? Great idea. I hope that you are able to raise enough money. Who knows, you may end up with a new career.

Blueyed Girl
04-19-2011, 12:41 PM
I think we should all take a stab at what business Winkers has started :rotfl2:

How about Carrousel Horses and their many uses;):rotfl2:

Up close and personal, get to know your bushes !!!!:rotfl2::rotfl2:

As for knowing to much .. It is a 2 way street my friend !!!!:hug:

:rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2:
Those are too funny Rosie!

Ok, here's the scoop!

Evan has a big band tour next spring....to disneyland!! And being the disney freak in the bunch, I've been asked to be a chaperone......:banana::banana::banana:

Then reality hit and I realized I now have to raise $4,000....I spent a lot of time thinking of what I could do and then it came to me..

Winkers Wonders....a little BITE of Heaven

I am making gourmet cupcakes, chocolate covered cherries, and cookie bites..
Evan sells, and I bake...which I have been doing all week trying to perfect my recipies....the first day Evan brought samples to school, he got 2 orders.

So I'm a little :scared1: and :woohoo: and :upsidedow and :laundy: only baking!

Well, I've seen the cupcakes and all I know is i wish you could ship them here!!!!! They look DELICIOUS!!!! And they are themed so cute!

Native NYer
04-19-2011, 12:49 PM
Great business idea!
I wish you shipped to NYC. :)

daisy_77
04-21-2011, 08:55 PM
What a great opportunity for Evan and his bandmates to play at Disneyland! Congrats! :cheer2:

And good luck with all those goodies

nebo
04-22-2011, 04:19 PM
Cheri, I'm confused, soooooo confused.:confused:

Is this a pre trip report for the upcoming school one and that's why I'm not seeing any chapters yet?
Or is it that I'm just not getting the actual trip report chapters by you because the sixties were very good to me and I have to pay them back this decade?

C'mon, get crackin here, with my own report finished I'm building up a lot of dangerous sarcasm that needs an outlet!:cool2:

All7OfUs
04-22-2011, 04:52 PM
Perfect idea, Cherie!! Awesome that you've already even gotten a few orders!

:woohoo:

coteau_chick
04-23-2011, 01:34 AM
Cheri, I'm confused, soooooo confused.:confused:

Is this a pre trip report for the upcoming school one and that's why I'm not seeing any chapters yet?
Or is it that I'm just not getting the actual trip report chapters by you because the sixties were very good to me and I have to pay them back this decade?

C'mon, get crackin here, with my own report finished I'm building up a lot of dangerous sarcasm that needs an outlet!:cool2:

Now that is funny. I am so used to facebook that I was looking for the like button. :thumbsup2 this will have to do

englishrose47
05-04-2011, 09:24 PM
Hello out there Cherie !!!Do I need to get into Photobucket to keep the troops amused !!!:lmao::lmao::lmao:

ashleypmo
05-10-2011, 08:45 PM
WINKERS!!! :yay:Checking in. Now to go back to the beginning to catch up. :yay:

ashleypmo
05-10-2011, 09:48 PM
popcorn::Caught up, and making an earnest attempt to reconnect with my Disboard addiction.... popcorn::

englishrose47
05-10-2011, 11:18 PM
Calling Winkers !!!!!Where are you!!!!!:rotfl2:

Montana_Disney_Fan
05-11-2011, 11:18 AM
Wow, the kids grow up so quick!!!

:banana::banana::banana::banana:

winkers
06-18-2011, 07:52 PM
Once D.Jay and I settled on our trip to Disneyland we were left with the question....to Mother in law or not to mother in law. We decided to ask my mom if she'd like to go with us...actually meet us down there, but she had a work confrence the same week and wasn't able to. I was disappointed because I realy want her to go with us sometime.

After talking to my mom I had a short lapse of judgment and told D.Jay we should invite his mom.:scared1: Einstein says the definition of insanity is repeating the same thing and expecting a different outcome. Well, I guess I should be in a padded white room!:laughing:

When D.Jay told me the news that she would love to go but couldn't afford to miss work because of other vacations, I was so relieved!! Plus I got points for being a good daughter in law and inviting her without the pain of her actually going with us. :rolleyes1

I managed to throw this trip together pretty quick...and I did miss having a year to plan and obsess...but it was all good.

Our plan was to drive down, which is about 20 hours from home. yes, as I said before, I am insane!

up next.....my family...in ruins

glennbo123
06-18-2011, 07:58 PM
:wave:

MiL's make for more interesting trip reports.

Well your MiL anyway. ;)

Poolrat
06-18-2011, 08:20 PM
20 hours!!!!!

I am glad your insanity did not get the best of you!! :rotfl2: Thank Goodness she was busy, or maybe she is the sane one???? :rotfl2:

englishrose47
06-18-2011, 09:10 PM
Oh Cherie Please don't have any remodelling in progress while you are on vacation !!!:scared1::rotfl2:

Happy Father's
Day D Jay

http://i176.photobucket.com/albums/w162/furkids_2007/Cats/3670catfunny-1-1.gif

WalkingintheFog
06-20-2011, 04:10 PM
Oh Cherie Please don't have any remodelling in progress while you are on vacation !!!:scared1::rotfl2:

And the children! And the animals! Put them some place safe!
:scared1:

ddstratton
06-20-2011, 08:17 PM
Well, it worked out well for you didn't it??? :rotfl2: You get the DIL brownie points for asking her, but don't have to deal with her on vacation!!

And I don't think you're insane for driving. We usually do. Then again, we don't do it in a straight shot. We break it up a bit.

winkers
06-20-2011, 08:20 PM
:wave:

MiL's make for more interesting trip reports.

Well your MiL anyway. ;)
interesting....frustrating....exasperating......I could go on "ting"ing for a long time!

20 hours!!!!!

I am glad your insanity did not get the best of you!! :rotfl2: Thank Goodness she was busy, or maybe she is the sane one???? :rotfl2:
Luckily, my kids are used to long car trips. That's one of the benefits of living in the boonies....you can't get any where worth while in under 2 hours.

Happy Father's
Day D Jay

http://i176.photobucket.com/albums/w162/furkids_2007/Cats/3670catfunny-1-1.gif
:rotfl: actually, we are still remodeling...but no, nothing was going on while we were gone! I'm not THAT stupid!

And the children! And the animals! Put them some place safe!
:scared1:

the children were safe with us...the dogs on the other hand were spoiled. She bought them some fancy treats...I'm cheap and just buy the basic biscuits...and gave them to the dogs several times a day!

winkers
06-20-2011, 08:22 PM
Well, it worked out well for you didn't it??? :rotfl2: You get the DIL brownie points for asking her, but don't have to deal with her on vacation!!

And I don't think you're insane for driving. We usually do. Then again, we don't do it in a straight shot. We break it up a bit.

yep!! I got double brownie points...between my mom and mil!:angel: We break up the long drive a little..but if it's under 12 hours we don't.

winkers
06-20-2011, 09:04 PM
I know a couple of you live in Texas...right? Anyhoo....My little sister is moving to Arlington in about a month. She is scared to death and has fought going for several years. But her dh's company gave him an offer he couldn't refuse...so off she is going. We're praying she goes willingly and not hog tied and gagged in the back of the uhaul!

She has spent her entire 28 years living with-in about 60 miles. She can't imagine living without family near by.

So, can you give me some pros of Texas? I 've tried to talk up the adventure of going some where new, and she's really trying to be happy, but it's not working. Other than Texas being hot, gigantic, hot, inhabited by large cockroaches, oh and did I mention hot as hades?....I need some positive imput to pass along.

I'll be flying down in Sept for a week or 2 so maybe we could have a dis-meet...?

here's a couple pics of the cutie patooties I'll be going to visit...

http://i665.photobucket.com/albums/vv20/winkerspictures/dani/IMG_0678.jpg

http://i665.photobucket.com/albums/vv20/winkerspictures/dani/IMG_0740.jpg

http://i665.photobucket.com/albums/vv20/winkerspictures/dani/IMG_0810.jpg

http://i665.photobucket.com/albums/vv20/winkerspictures/dani/IMG_0824.jpg

http://i665.photobucket.com/albums/vv20/winkerspictures/dani/IMG_0831.jpg

and last but not least...my lil sis Dani..
those of you who have followed my trip reports over the last few years have gotten to "know" her a little. She has had a lot of up's and down's the last few years...starting with cancer.

http://i665.photobucket.com/albums/vv20/winkerspictures/dani%20and%20kaylie/DSC03363.jpg

http://i665.photobucket.com/albums/vv20/winkerspictures/dani%20and%20kaylie/DSC03324-1.jpg

englishrose47
06-20-2011, 09:11 PM
Hi Cherie !!! I really liked San Antone the River Walk is very pretty!!The Alamo ain't bad either !!Then there is the Space Center in Houston !!I wont mention the Ant Hills though:rotfl2: It is also close to Mexico, and they have Po'Boys !!!

winkers
06-22-2011, 12:40 PM
Hi Cherie !!! I really liked San Antone the River Walk is very pretty!!The Alamo ain't bad either !!Then there is the Space Center in Houston !!I wont mention the Ant Hills though:rotfl2: It is also close to Mexico, and they have Po'Boys !!!

Rosie, you never fail to crack me up!!
I don't think ant hills would be a good thing to tell my sister about! haha

mickeyfan71
06-22-2011, 01:17 PM
:cheer2: Yay! A Winkers TR!! How ya been?
I have never been to DLR so I'm excited to visit through your TR! I know it will bring a good laugh daily/weekly/monthly. (take your pick!):lmao:

winkers
06-22-2011, 04:01 PM
:cheer2: Yay! A Winkers TR!! How ya been?
I have never been to DLR so I'm excited to visit through your TR! I know it will bring a good laugh daily/weekly/monthly. (take your pick!):lmao:

I appreciate you not putting "yearly" as an option.;)

englishrose47
06-22-2011, 10:07 PM
Rosie, you never fail to crack me up!!
I don't think ant hills would be a good thing to tell my sister about! haha

Yup Anthills and oil wells !!!:rotfl2::rotfl2:

winkers
06-24-2011, 12:07 PM

Heck I might move there for an oil well!:rotfl:

englishrose47
06-24-2011, 12:40 PM
Heck I might move there for an oil well!:rotfl:

But the Ant Hills are in the same field !!!:lmao:

nebo
06-24-2011, 10:47 PM

um. don't you mean "oil wells and jingle bells?":rotfl:

smidgy
06-24-2011, 10:50 PM
the above seemingly shameless self plug was actually me, posting under hubby's name. cause he forgot to log out again!

anyhoo, I want to hear about disneyland!!!!

reelmom
06-25-2011, 09:43 AM
the above seemingly shameless self plug was actually me, posting under hubby's name. cause he forgot to log out again!

anyhoo, I want to hear about disneyland!!!!

SMIDGY(and nebo)!!!! Go on another trip. I miss hearing about your adventures.

smidgy
06-25-2011, 11:24 PM
hey reelmom! possibly sept. keep an eye out for a trip report.
ok, winkers!! waiting.....

englishrose47
07-17-2011, 08:09 PM
Bumping this up so Winkers can find it !!She obviously has had trouble locating it:rotfl2::rotfl2:

winkers
10-18-2011, 07:27 AM
I hope this update doesn't cause anyone to have a fit of shock! ;)

The day we set out for California was a cold miserable day in february. We were all excited for the california sunshine, but first we had to make it through half of washington, all of Oregon and northern california.

About 2 hours into our trip we made a stop to see stonehenge.....yes, washington state has it's own little replica!

http://i1180.photobucket.com/albums/x420/winkers2/DSC08931.jpg

I managed to get this "nice" shot before the goofing around happened...

http://i1180.photobucket.com/albums/x420/winkers2/DSC08916.jpg

http://i1180.photobucket.com/albums/x420/winkers2/DSC08917.jpg

http://i1180.photobucket.com/albums/x420/winkers2/DSC08919.jpg
http://i1180.photobucket.com/albums/x420/winkers2/DSC08920.jpg

http://i1180.photobucket.com/albums/x420/winkers2/DSC08912.jpg

http://i1180.photobucket.com/albums/x420/winkers2/DSC08904.jpg

http://i1180.photobucket.com/albums/x420/winkers2/DSC08907.jpg
http://i1180.photobucket.com/albums/x420/winkers2/DSC08901.jpg

In a rare moment of seriousness I got a few decent shots...

http://i1180.photobucket.com/albums/x420/winkers2/DSC08939.jpg

We are on the washington side of the columbia river and in the distance you can see Oregon..
http://i1180.photobucket.com/albums/x420/winkers2/DSC08930.jpg
http://i1180.photobucket.com/albums/x420/winkers2/DSC08925.jpg

http://i1180.photobucket.com/albums/x420/winkers2/DSC08923.jpg

After some running around the "ruins" we were back in the mini van and over the bridge to Oregon. We stopped about an hour south of Portland at my aunts for a mini family reunion and a free hotel....

We had a great visit with my aunt and cousins and their kids. She's the kind of person who won't let you lift a finger while you're visiting so we were pampered and woke up to a full pancake breakfast in the morning!

Around 7 we left her house and made a quick stop at my mom's grave near by....I've only been there 2 times before so it was emotional . It started us off in a somber mood but it didn't take long for the kids to cheer me up with their antics.:thumbsup2

Our goal for the day was to reach the Redwoods near the california/oregon border, look at some ancient trees and spend the night...

up next.....there's a big difference between 2 and 3 stars....

glennbo123
10-18-2011, 10:35 AM

http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b211/LiLDanny_/omgblinky.gif

About 2 hours into our trip we made a stop to see stonehenge.....yes, washington state has it's own little replica!

Lucky bums!

I managed to get this "nice" shot before the goofing around happened...

With you and D.Jay as examples, I don't know why all this goofing around happens all the time. :rolleyes:

In a rare moment of seriousness I got a few decent shots...

Very nice! Those're keepers.

We are on the washington side of the columbia river and in the distance you can see Oregon..

So that's what Oregon looks like!

Thanks for posting again. We've missed you.

reelmom
10-18-2011, 05:46 PM
So glad to see you back. I have missed you and your family.

Poolrat
10-18-2011, 06:23 PM

http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b211/LiLDanny_/omgblinky.gif

:faint: and What he said. ^

Also glad to have you postnig again. :goodvibes

Blueyed Girl
10-18-2011, 06:37 PM
HOLY MOLY AN UPDATE!!!???!!!! :scared1: :rotfl2:

Looks like you guys are off to a great start. Love all the pictures. The kiddo's are getting so big. Oh my gosh when I think back to the first TR that I read of yours...they were babies!!!! Time fly's. :goodvibes

So glad you got to visit your mothers grave. I'm sure it was an emotional rollercoaster. :sad1: Your hubby and kids are so great. I'm sure they tried their very best to cheer mom up afterwards. :thumbsup2

Can't wait to read more!!! :surfweb:

winkers
10-18-2011, 08:58 PM
With you and D.Jay as examples, I don't know why all this goofing around happens all the time. :rolleyes:

So that's what Oregon looks like!

Thanks for posting again. We've missed you.
you do have a point....d.jay always poses in the craziest ways..

Oregon is a lot prettier than that little glimpse....at least the west part.

So glad to see you back. I have missed you and your family.
Thanks! I've missed all my dis family too!

:Also glad to have you postnig again. :goodvibes
thanks....I feel a little like the black sheep returned home

HOLY MOLY AN UPDATE!!!???!!!! :scared1: :rotfl2:
glad you got to visit your mothers grave. I'm sure it was an emotional rollercoaster. :sad1: Your hubby and kids are so great. I'm sure they tried their very best to cheer mom up afterwards. :thumbsup2

Can't wait to read more!!! :surfweb:

they were great about understanding why I needed to stop there on vacation.

smidgy
10-18-2011, 10:44 PM
yay! she's finally back!!!! :cool1::yay::banana:

mickeyfan71
10-19-2011, 08:04 AM
:wave2: Hi WInkers! We've missed ya! But glad to see ya!
Love the pics of the kids! Looking forward to more!

winkers
10-19-2011, 09:36 PM
yay! she's finally back!!!! :cool1::yay::banana:
:yay: Hi Smidgy!!

:wave2: Hi WInkers! We've missed ya! But glad to see ya!
Love the pics of the kids! Looking forward to more!

thanks! It's good to be missed;)

PittypatBR
10-21-2011, 12:12 AM
Hi, there - it is nice to see a post from you. I thought you had disappeared! :confused3 I can't believe how much your kids have grown since the last time I saw a picture of them. Wow. I'm looking forward to reading more.

winkers
10-21-2011, 11:25 PM
We have talked about taking the kids to the redwoods a lot, it's one of D.Jay's favorite family vacations from his childhood. This was the perfect time for us to stop and spend the night.

The first stop on our agenda was The Trees of Mystery, it's basically a tourist trap built around the trees and the legend of Paul Bunyon.

Near the parking lot is a "life size" statue of Baul Bunyon and his blue ox Babe.........

As we were driving into the lot I spied something that I couldn't believe I was seeing.....

that can't be.....why would they do that.....I thought Babe was a girl....

You see "Babe" had been made anatomically correct....and well.......

http://i1180.photobucket.com/albums/x420/winkers2/DSC08950.jpg

http://i1180.photobucket.com/albums/x420/winkers2/DSC08944.jpg

These pictures don't quite do it justice...but I thought I better go with them.:laughing: I have to admit that there is a picture of me supporting Babe......and no, you won't be seeing it!

My mom saw it and just about died.....I pretty sure she was thinking "where did I go wrong"...

http://i1180.photobucket.com/albums/x420/winkers2/DSC08957.jpg

So once you get inside the gates you hike through some cool paths with all kinds of trees.....I won't bore you with all 300 pictures I took...but here's a few...

http://i1180.photobucket.com/albums/x420/winkers2/DSC08958.jpg

http://i1180.photobucket.com/albums/x420/winkers2/DSC08961.jpg

http://i1180.photobucket.com/albums/x420/winkers2/DSC08962.jpg

http://i1180.photobucket.com/albums/x420/winkers2/DSC08957.jpg

http://i1180.photobucket.com/albums/x420/winkers2/DSC08956.jpg

of course there had to be goofing around....

http://i1180.photobucket.com/albums/x420/winkers2/DSC08955.jpg
http://i1180.photobucket.com/albums/x420/winkers2/DSC08953.jpg

http://i1180.photobucket.com/albums/x420/winkers2/DSC08994.jpg

http://i1180.photobucket.com/albums/x420/winkers2/DSC08996.jpg

http://i1180.photobucket.com/albums/x420/winkers2/DSC08997.jpg

After our hike we took the tram up to the top of the mountain...the view from there was wonderfull!

When we got to the top and were on the observation deck, I saw something that excited me....

http://i1180.photobucket.com/albums/x420/winkers2/DSC08973.jpg

The Ocean!!!

Next to Disney the north west coast is my favorite place to vacation!
So we headed back down the mountain while the kids goofed with the video camera and waved at other cars.

http://i1180.photobucket.com/albums/x420/winkers2/DSC08980.jpg

http://i1180.photobucket.com/albums/x420/winkers2/DSC08975.jpg

With plans to sleep in Crescent City, which is just over the Oregon/california line..we said good bye to Paul and Babe and went in search of the beach. As soon as we found one with good access we stopped and before I could even get my seat belt off, Bailie and Hunter were running towards the water..

http://i1180.photobucket.com/albums/x420/winkers2/DSC09002.jpg
My love of the ocean has rubbed off on them.:lovestruc

http://i1180.photobucket.com/albums/x420/winkers2/DSC09003.jpg
http://i1180.photobucket.com/albums/x420/winkers2/DSC09001.jpg
http://i1180.photobucket.com/albums/x420/winkers2/DSC09015.jpg

http://i1180.photobucket.com/albums/x420/winkers2/DSC09028.jpg

http://i1180.photobucket.com/albums/x420/winkers2/DSC09019.jpg

up next.....the definition of "hell hole"

It was freezing and we were all bare footed but we had some fun for about an hour....when all of our feet felt like blocks of ice we decided to head to the hotel.......

glennbo123
10-22-2011, 10:54 AM
Yeah, that's a little surprising that they made an anatomically correct "Babe". :eek: I'm sure he was glad to have your support! :laughing:

I visitued Muir Woods (north of the Golden Gate Bridge) a number of years ago and when I would show people pictures of it I had to keep saying that they didn't do it justice -- you couldn't tell from the pictures just how huge the trees were. Redwood Forests are way cool to visit though!

Poolrat
10-22-2011, 01:14 PM
WOW Babe sure is .... well endowed. :laughing:

Glad you are a Babe supporter.

Someday I will make the trip to the PNW.

ddstratton
10-22-2011, 03:09 PM
Love it! And you're right. Some things just should not be life sized.... :rotfl2:

coteau_chick
10-22-2011, 03:39 PM
I just had a fit of shock :rotfl2:
I LOVE the pictures. I have the east coast on my bucket list. I am sooooooooooooo jealous. LOL!! Your family always looks like you are having the best time together. I love your updates.

I started a trip report too. Look at my signature for the link. If you read my latest update on my report you will see my surprise. If you want to go to Disney World before Jan. 3rd when Courtney leaves I can let you use her discount...........I am an enabler:thumbsup2

winkers
10-22-2011, 04:05 PM
Hi, there - it is nice to see a post from you. I thought you had disappeared! :confused3 I can't believe how much your kids have grown since the last time I saw a picture of them. Wow. I'm looking forward to reading more.
Hi! Life was kinda crazy for awhile and my dis time suffered...but I missed everyone too much to stay away!

Yeah, that's a little surprising that they made an anatomically correct "Babe". :eek: I'm sure he was glad to have your support! :laughing:

I visitued Muir Woods (north of the Golden Gate Bridge) a number of years ago and when I would show people pictures of it I had to keep saying that they didn't do it justice -- you couldn't tell from the pictures just how huge the trees were. Redwood Forests are way cool to visit though!
I know!! ..thank heaven's disney doesn't make winnie the pooh...corect!:scared1:

The trees are so beautiful in real life and gigantic!
I wish my pictures were better

Glad you are a Babe supporter.
:lmao::lmao::lmao: I guess I'm an athletic supporter now?

Love it! And you're right. Some things just should not be life sized.... :rotfl2:
I agree!! I'd like to know why they thought that was neccesary....I can't be the only one to drive up and not be able to believe my eyes.

I just had a fit of shock :rotfl2:
I LOVE the pictures. I have the east coast on my bucket list. I am sooooooooooooo jealous. LOL!! Your family always looks like you are having the best time together. I love your updates.

I started a trip report too. Look at my signature for the link. If you read my latest update on my report you will see my surprise. If you want to go to Disney World before Jan. 3rd when Courtney leaves I can let you use her discount...........I am an enabler:thumbsup2

Did you mean west coast?....California's on the west coast....;):laughing:

I'll be on my way over....I wish I could go before then..but that won't be happening.

mickeyfan71
10-24-2011, 08:20 AM
Does it ever rain there cause Babe looks like he could really use a cold shower? :rolleyes1

I bet the pic of you "supporting" him is awesome! :rotfl:

winkers
10-28-2011, 03:47 PM
Does it ever rain there cause Babe looks like he could really use a cold shower? :rolleyes1

I bet the pic of you "supporting" him is awesome! :rotfl:

:lmao::lmao:

nebo
10-29-2011, 06:10 PM
Holy Guacamole!, I didn't know you were back.
This isn't in you signature, is it?
It's like bringing back a tv show from hiatus, like V, or
Lost,,, or, My Mother the Car! I've been waiting to read about Disneyland for months from you, now I have a reason to live again. Great to see you back on your own thread, Cherie.

winkers
10-29-2011, 07:05 PM
Holy Guacamole!, I didn't know you were back.
This isn't in you signature, is it?
It's like bringing back a tv show from hiatus, like V, or
Lost,,, or, My Mother the Car! I've been waiting to read about Disneyland for months from you, now I have a reason to live again. Great to see you back on your own thread, Cherie.

HI! I forgot how to put it in my signature...that's what happens when you disapear for awhile!

All7OfUs
10-29-2011, 08:09 PM
Hey! Cherie's back!! :banana:

englishrose47
10-29-2011, 08:52 PM
Awesome pix Cherie !!!Come on over and check out my 2 TR's and see how I have continued the Pole Dancing you started !!! I even got Kyle to pose in Morocco this August!!!:rotfl2: I also see Blue has found you ..Hint Hint Blue ;)Jordan has been popping in too !! So it is like the gang's all here again:banana::banana::banana:

MAGICFOR2
10-29-2011, 11:45 PM
Hi Cherie! So nice to see you back again:yay: I saw you on Liesa's thread - you snuck this one in there:3dglasses

Wow! Beautiful pics! Everyone has grown up so much. One of these days you'll have to let me know when you are in Oregon - I'd love to meet up at the ocean - would be a great reason to go there. You're staying at Crescent City and you mention "Hell Hole?" Can't wait - When I saw you were staying there, I was thinking, "Oh! Oh!" My parents used to take us there when we were kids - since then I've wondered why?

winkers
10-31-2011, 05:37 AM
Hey! Cherie's back!! :banana:
Hi!!

Awesome pix Cherie !!!Come on over and check out my 2 TR's and see how I have continued the Pole Dancing you started !!! I even got Kyle to pose in Morocco this August!!!:rotfl2: I also see Blue has found you ..Hint Hint Blue ;)Jordan has been popping in too !! So it is like the gang's all here again:banana::banana::banana:
I made my presence known...lol
\
Hi Cherie! So nice to see you back again:yay: I saw you on Liesa's thread - you snuck this one in there:3dglasses

Wow! Beautiful pics! Everyone has grown up so much. One of these days you'll have to let me know when you are in Oregon - I'd love to meet up at the ocean - would be a great reason to go there. You're staying at Crescent City and you mention "Hell Hole?" Can't wait - When I saw you were staying there, I was thinking, "Oh! Oh!" My parents used to take us there when we were kids - since then I've wondered why?

I'm not sure when our next trip will be but I'll let you know!
As for the hell hole.....:headache:

Heluvsme
10-31-2011, 05:56 AM
Yay!!!

Your kiddos are growing up, it's so good to see an update, can't wait to read more!!

-Dawn

WendyO
10-31-2011, 12:11 PM
Hi Cherie!!! So good to see your kids again ;-) Can't wait to hear more of your traveling antics :laughing:

WalkingintheFog
11-05-2011, 04:18 PM
Hey! Who said the kids could grow up?
Funny how the adults don't change, but the kids do! Guess we're the ones living in Never Never Land!

Love this picture!
http://i1180.photobucket.com/albums/x420/winkers2/DSC09002.jpg
My love of the ocean has rubbed off on them.:lovestruc

And this one especially.... When I was younger, I thought those beams of light were God looking down.

http://i1180.photobucket.com/albums/x420/winkers2/DSC09001.jpg

Hope you're noticing I'm not saying anything about Babe and his big blue... thing!
:rolleyes1

MAGICFOR2
11-05-2011, 06:30 PM
[QUOTE=WalkingintheFog;43160015]Hey! Who said the kids could grow up?
Funny how the adults don't change, but the kids do! Guess we're the ones living in Never Never Land!

Love this picture!

And this one especially.... When I was younger, I thought those beams of light were God looking down.

[QUOTE]

I still think they are :cloud9:

englishrose47
11-05-2011, 10:55 PM
Hi Cherie!!! So good to see your kids again ;-) Can't wait to hear more of your traveling antics :laughing:

Hey Wendy !!!:yay:How are you????

WendyO
11-07-2011, 12:08 PM
Hey Wendy !!!:yay:How are you????

Hi Rosie! We are all good... busy as usual :-( But starting to get some Disney-itching because we are in the beginnings of planning for WDW/DCL June of 2013... Jordan will be popping in here and there and still keeping in touch with the Cherie's via FaceBook and all... will need to keep my DISing to a manageable amount but hope to pop in here now and then a little more.

How are YOU doing? Good to "see" you again...

reelmom
11-07-2011, 02:13 PM
Holy Cow! Winkers, Jordan, and WendyO all posting within a couple of weeks. I think I might faint. So good to hear everybody is doing well and glad to have the old gang back together.

WendyO
11-07-2011, 02:32 PM
Holy Cow! Winkers, Jordan, and WendyO all posting within a couple of weeks. I think I might faint. So good to hear everybody is doing well and glad to have the old gang back together.

Tee hee. :cutie: Yes, we may be coming out of hibernation these days... slowly planning our next venture to the World. Hopefully a land/sea trip and on the Disney Fantasy. :thumbsup2 We'll see who does a PTR first... (me, Jordan, Derek... hee hee)...

GreatBiscuit
11-09-2011, 02:46 PM
Hey Winkers!

Loved the updates! I was totally cracking up over Babe. Cant' wait to see what mayhem ensues.

jordanyosh
11-09-2011, 02:51 PM
ummm....were you going to tell me you had a TR type report going on?:)

overthemoon4mickey
11-13-2011, 01:39 PM
popcorn::

I love a good ''hotel from hell'' report...It's like a car accident. You pray everyone made it out okay but you still just have to look.

winkers
11-14-2011, 09:55 PM
I just got back from 11 days in Texas with my sister...it was a ton of fun but now I'm paying for it with 11 days worth of cleaning at home....that's the price I pay for playing. lol

IO'll be back tomorrow with an update.....just didn't want you thinking I disappeared again!:rotfl:

englishrose47
11-14-2011, 11:31 PM
I just got back from 11 days in Texas with my sister...it was a ton of fun but now I'm paying for it with 11 days worth of cleaning at home....that's the price I pay for playing. lol

IO'll be back tomorrow with an update.....just didn't want you thinking I disappeared again!:rotfl:

Who you dissappear;):rolleyes1:rotfl2:

englishrose47
11-15-2011, 12:03 AM
This is in honor of DJ and Jordan!!!!

http://i563.photobucket.com/albums/ss80/englishrose47_/Disney%20vacations/GEDC0636.jpg

winkers
11-15-2011, 04:35 PM
Yay!!!

Your kiddos are growing up, it's so good to see an update, can't wait to read more!!

-Dawn
Hi Dawn!
they are growing up waaaayyy too fast!

Wendy!....one of my co-stars!

Hope you're noticing I'm not saying anything about Babe and his big blue... thing!
:rolleyes1
That is so sweet!

Not babe's blue.....pouch....but the beams from heaven!

[I still think they are :cloud9:
:cloud9:

I guess there should have been a warning! :rotfl:

Hey Winkers!

Loved the updates! I was totally cracking up over Babe. Cant' wait to see what mayhem ensues.
Hello, my favorite biscuit!
I knew everyone would enjoy babe and his big blue......

popcorn::

I love a good ''hotel from hell'' report...It's like a car accident. You pray everyone made it out okay but you still just have to look.
:laughing:
I'm sure this motel has been featured in an add with big letters that says "killers welcome"

Who you dissappear;):rolleyes1:rotfl2:
HEY!!!

:rotfl2:

This is in honor of DJ and Jordan!!!!

http://i563.photobucket.com/albums/ss80/englishrose47_/Disney%20vacations/GEDC0636.jpg

I love it Rosie!!

winkers
11-15-2011, 05:04 PM
After our day of hiking, seeing the trees, the beach and joking about the size of Blue's appendage it was time to head for our hotel in Crescent City, California which is just a little past the oregon/california border.

I had booked our hotel a few nights before using hotwire.....now I've used hotwire for YEARS and never had a bad experience. Normally, the hotels are nicer than I expect. I also have a rule of nothing under a 3 star rating and it's never led me wrong.

Well....there's a first time for everything.

To begin with I broke my own rule and booked a 2 star hotel. It was either that or a 5 star and since I only needed a place for the night I wanted to get something cheap.....ok, so I always want soemthing cheap...but in price not in the use of cleaners.

As we pulled up to our hotel I realized something was wrong. Just from looking at the motel you could smell a nasty odor. But, being the optimist I can sometimes be, I went into the office to check in.

the smell that hit me when I opened the door nearly knocked me on my rear. It smelled like stale smoke, chinese food and stinky feet all rolled up into a moldy tortilla. I was a waitress at a chinesse restraunt in high school so I know what 2 of those smell like from previous experience.

My gut instinct was to turn and run as fast as my pudgey legs could carry me......unfortunatly, my mom taught me manners so I plastered on a big cheesey grin, breathed through my mouth and walked to the desk......

and then the guy at the desk tried to rip me off. With hotwire you pay when you book the room and this dude was insisting he needed to charge me for the room, again. My momma didn't raise no fool....I may be polite and slightly naive but a fool I'm not.

After a few minutes of discussing this with him he suddenly "remembered" how it worked. :headache:

He handed me the keys and explained that the full continental breakfast promised took place in a small corner with a waffle iron that had to have landed on plymouth rock, a coffee pot the size of a thimble and a roll that had seen better days....like several hunderd better days.

Now, most people would realize that they should just scrap the room and find a new one....but now me. That would have been too easy.

I returned to the car and we headed off to the room.
When we opened the door it smelled a hundred times worse than the loby. D.Jay and Evan were getting luggage from the car but before they even made it to the door the rest of us were getting back in the car.

I can't fully describe the room and I wish I had taken pictures but I honestly just wanted to get out of there before Freddy , Jason or Norman Bates jumped from behind the mildewy shower curtain.

I called hotwire to see if I could get a refund and they said no so I headed back to the lobby to tell the man what a disgusting establishment he had and question how many homicides and taken place there.

By the time I got there the mom on my shoulder knocked politness back into me and all I did was walk in....hand him the keys and leave.

I'm not good with confrontations.:sad2:

By this time it was well past dinner and the natives were getting restless. We were kinda in the middle of no where with no hotel reservations ....would I turn back and take a chance at showering with Norman?

winkers
11-15-2011, 05:07 PM
ummm....were you going to tell me you had a TR type report going on?:)

I didn't know you were hanging around again....plus..isn't it national news?

glennbo123
11-15-2011, 05:52 PM
Very funny chapter! I'd have the same dilemma....stay because it's cheap (and already paid for), or go because it's gross? Whether you turned back or not, I'm glad you lived to write about it. :)

the smell that hit me when I opened the door nearly knocked me on my rear. It smelled like stale smoke, chinese food and stinky feet all rolled up into a moldy tortilla. I was a waitress at a chinesse restraunt in high school so I know what 2 of those smell like from previous experience.

The funny thing about this is I'm not sure which 2 you're talking about! 'Chinese food' obviously, and I'm hoping 'stale smoke', but you never know! :rotfl2:

smidgy
11-15-2011, 09:33 PM
omg! reminds me of the good old "safari Inn" in Murphreesboro, tenn. we stayed at. ok, we JUSt paid tfor the room, probably could have gotten our $ back, but it was getting dark, nebo was tired, back was killing him. we just figured it was just for one short night...

you probably made the smarter move!!! (course, we had no kids with us)

ps, the picture in the coupon book made it look so nice!!!

englishrose47
11-15-2011, 09:41 PM
Oh Winkers it sounds awful!!!!That room sounds awful!!! When I book thru' Hotel.com or whichever one I always read the reviews , I hope you wrote one for this place to warn others and shame onHotwire of they don't do something about that place !!!

Poolrat
11-15-2011, 09:55 PM
:scared1::scared1::scared1::scared1: On that room.

Now when we went away to a certain swim meet, we would stay at place called the "Three Penny Inn"

That place seemed to be ten times better than the room you described.

MAGICFOR2
11-16-2011, 12:23 AM
Very funny chapter! I'd have the same dilemma....stay because it's cheap (and already paid for), or go because it's gross? Whether you turned back or not, I'm glad you lived to write about it. :)

The funny thing about this is I'm not sure which 2 you're talking about! 'Chinese food' obviously, and I'm hoping 'stale smoke', but you never know! :rotfl2:

I was thinking the same - which two? :confused3:rotfl:

Actually, I have experienced similar rooms a time or two :sick: I'm getting pretty good at looking at the pics and "reading between the lines" of how nice (or not) it is:rotfl2: I'm sure it's happened to all of us:goodvibes

Oh Winkers it sounds awful!!!!That room sounds awful!!! When I book thru' Hotel.com or whichever one I always read the reviews , I hope you wrote one for this place to warn others and shame onHotwire of they don't do something about that place !!!

I do too - it's funny how different some of the reviews can be of the same place though. :3dglasses I use Cherie's rule too - nothing below a 3. Of course if you knew Crescent City- the 5 might be questionable!:rotfl2:

mickeyfan71
11-16-2011, 09:30 AM
:scared: Thats awful about the room! I would have gave the guy in the lobby quite a earfull! :mic:

winkers
11-16-2011, 09:50 AM
well....I do have 3 sons so I've also smelled my share of funky feet .....but this was a first to mingle it with the others. :rotfl:

omg! reminds me of the good old "safari Inn" in Murphreesboro, tenn. we stayed at. ok, we JUSt paid tfor the room, probably could have gotten our $ back, but it was getting dark, nebo was tired, back was killing him. we just figured it was just for one short night...

you probably made the smarter move!!! (course, we had no kids with us)

ps, the picture in the coupon book made it look so nice!!!
I remember that room from your tr!
I've learned to never believe the picture in a coupon book! Been there done that!:laughing:

I read the reviews first but there were only a couple and I'm realy not that picky but sanitation is where I draw the ling.

:scared1::scared1::scared1::scared1: On that room.

Now when we went away to a certain swim meet, we would stay at place called the "Three Penny Inn"

That place seemed to be ten times better than the room you described.
:rotfl2: just the name "three penny" makes it sound questionable.

I was thinking the same - which two? :confused3:rotfl:

Actually, I have experienced similar rooms a time or two :sick: I'm getting pretty good at looking at the pics and "reading between the lines" of how nice (or not) it is:rotfl2: I'm sure it's happened to all of us:goodvibes

I do too - it's funny how different some of the reviews can be of the same place though. :3dglasses I use Cherie's rule too - nothing below a 3. Of course if you knew Crescent City- the 5 might be questionable!:rotfl2:
Well, the last time d.Jay had been to crescent city was about 30 years ago so his memory wasn't too accurate. :confused:

:scared: Thats awful about the room! I would have gave the guy in the lobby quite a earfull! :mic:

In my mind I gave the guy a full run down of my complaints but that stupid mom on my shoulder kept me quiet.;)

Poolrat
11-16-2011, 06:58 PM
The Three Penny Inn in Westchester NY. We would put 4 swimmers ina room so the room rate was split 4 ways. When we were told $3 a person, one red flag went up ( This was the late '70's), It was a motel, not dirty or we would have left but run down. It was winter and when we woke up the next morning we had ice on the INSIDE of the door. NICE. :rotfl2::rotfl2:

Ahhh childhood swimming memories.

Heluvsme
11-17-2011, 06:45 AM
Sounds like a Baymont in Memphis I had the unfortunate experience of nearly staying at. I did like you did---handed over the key and got the heck out of there!!

winkers
11-17-2011, 01:11 PM
The Three Penny Inn in Westchester NY. We would put 4 swimmers ina room so the room rate was split 4 ways. When we were told $3 a person, one red flag went up ( This was the late '70's), It was a motel, not dirty or we would have left but run down. It was winter and when we woke up the next morning we had ice on the INSIDE of the door. NICE. :rotfl2::rotfl2:

Ahhh childhood swimming memories.
YIKES!!! Makes me glad I'm not a swimmer!

Sounds like a Baymont in Memphis I had the unfortunate experience of nearly staying at. I did like you did---handed over the key and got the heck out of there!!

I guess everyone needs a good hell hole story to tell.:laughing: It makes you appreciate the nicer places

Poolrat
11-17-2011, 01:38 PM
YIKES!!! Makes me glad I'm not a swimmer!

I guess everyone needs a good hell hole story to tell.:laughing: It makes you appreciate the nicer places

We rarely stayed at "nice" places. We just looked for safe and clean.

A bunch of kids with "some" adult supervision was not always welcome at most places.
Think cheerleaders, popwarner and brazilians. :scared1:

winkers
11-17-2011, 05:19 PM

that is what my nightmares are made of!!!

englishrose47
11-17-2011, 07:12 PM
I was gonna post a CAT pix but it says Bandwidth exceeeded ?????What does that mean??????

Blueyed Girl
11-18-2011, 04:40 PM
As we pulled up to our hotel I realized something was wrong. Just from looking at the motel you could smell a nasty odor. But, being the optimist I can sometimes be, I went into the office to check in.

EEEW, EEWW, AND MORE EEEEWWW!!!!!:scared1:

I called hotwire to see if I could get a refund and they said no so I headed back to the lobby to tell the man what a disgusting establishment he had and question how many homicides and taken place there.

By the time I got there the mom on my shoulder knocked politness back into me and all I did was walk in....hand him the keys and leave.

I'm not good with confrontations.:sad2:

By this time it was well past dinner and the natives were getting restless. We were kinda in the middle of no where with no hotel reservations ....would I turn back and take a chance at showering with Norman?

Too bad I wasn't with you. I'm pretty good at confrontation if I feel that I'm being ripped off!! Plus, with all that nasty stuff I would have had no problem telling them something. It wouldn't have made any difference but at least you may have felt better. :thumbsup2

Blueyed Girl
11-18-2011, 04:43 PM
I was gonna post a CAT pix but it says Bandwidth exceeeded ?????What does that mean??????

It means the picture was too big for what they allow you to post here

PittypatBR
11-18-2011, 05:54 PM
When a dear friend's mother died, another friend and I drove to another state for the funeral and to support our friend. She had booked a room for us, and we should have remembered she was EXTREMELY FRUGAL (read obnoxiously tight!). When we got to the motel, we were a little surprised because the neighborhood looked rather seedy and the motel itself was a little run down, but we thought surely our friend wouldn't have booked us in a rat hole. So we went in, checked in and got our keys, and headed to the room. We were hit by a stale, mildewy aroma when we walked in, the beds were wavy and covered with a spread that looked as though it was covered with the sins of many, and we encountered two dead roaches on the way to the bathroom. We just turned around and went back out that door, turned in the key and threatened to sue them if they dared to bill us, and drove around to a nicer neighborhood and found a room in a Holiday Inn. We didn't want to hurt our friends feelings so we didn't tell her right away, but when she asked about the motel we 'fessed up. She said, "Oh, I'm sorry, but the price was SO GOOD! I was just trying to save you some money!" I bet she would have stayed there just to save the money! LOL

(I think they were more used to people who paid by the hour!)

winkers
11-18-2011, 08:15 PM
I've seen it before, but I'm not sure what it means

Too bad I wasn't with you. I'm pretty good at confrontation if I feel that I'm being ripped off!! Plus, with all that nasty stuff I would have had no problem telling them something. It wouldn't have made any difference but at least you may have felt better. :thumbsup2
next time I'll bring you with as my little pit bull!
My problem is I keep things in untill I'm so pissed off that I explode ....just as MIL....it's only happened a few times but when it has she's heard about years of my frustration in about 2 minutes...

It means the picture was too big for what they allow you to post here
Rosie.....what she said!

When a dear friend's mother died, another friend and I drove to another state for the funeral and to support our friend. She had booked a room for us, and we should have remembered she was EXTREMELY FRUGAL (read obnoxiously tight!). When we got to the motel, we were a little surprised because the neighborhood looked rather seedy and the motel itself was a little run down, but we thought surely our friend wouldn't have booked us in a rat hole. So we went in, checked in and got our keys, and headed to the room. We were hit by a stale, mildewy aroma when we walked in, the beds were wavy and covered with a spread that looked as though it was covered with the sins of many, and we encountered two dead roaches on the way to the bathroom. We just turned around and went back out that door, turned in the key and threatened to sue them if they dared to bill us, and drove around to a nicer neighborhood and found a room in a Holiday Inn. We didn't want to hurt our friends feelings so we didn't tell her right away, but when she asked about the motel we 'fessed up. She said, "Oh, I'm sorry, but the price was SO GOOD! I was just trying to save you some money!" I bet she would have stayed there just to save the money! LOL

(I think they were more used to people who paid by the hour!)

:sick::eek::scared1:

Reminds me of the Cane Motel near Seattle...DJ and I were with none other than MIL, who had called and booked the room.......it was horrible but the last straw was when I pulled off the comforter/CSI project the sheets had hairs all over....and these were of the variety that were on Clarence Thomas' pop can.

jordanyosh
11-21-2011, 12:12 PM
I have a similar story about my last cross country trip from CA back to KY....except we stayed at the hotel....it was a Days Inn in Springfield, MO...there were ants crawling around in the beds. I actually went to sleep amongst the ants. I was THAT tired. I didn't care.

winkers
11-24-2011, 07:59 PM
I have a similar story about my last cross country trip from CA back to KY....except we stayed at the hotel....it was a Days Inn in Springfield, MO...there were ants crawling around in the beds. I actually went to sleep amongst the ants. I was THAT tired. I didn't care.

ants...in the bed????:scared1::scared1::scared1:

I guess you haven't lived till you've stayed in a scary hotel.:laughing:

winkers
11-24-2011, 08:10 PM
Last sunday started out as a normal sunday and everything was great untill I woke up wedged underneath and between the pews, with no idea how I got there.:rotfl: I think maybe the sunday school teacher was so good that the spirit moved me...right out of my seat.;)

Of course everyone around was freaking out and much to my horror they called 911 because D.Jay wasn't there. He had stayed home because of his shoulder pain.

As I got up and hobbled to the loby with the aid of a friend all I could think about was wether my skirt had stayed down, or if I'd just managed to moon half the congregation.

The emt's came and checked me out and urged me to go to the e.r. but I'm stubborn and since this is a problem I've dealt with since I was 14 there was no way in hel.....since I was at church maybe..heaven would be a better word......Anyway...no way in heaven or hell that I was going for my own sprecial ride in the red truck.

Once D.Jay got to the church he informed me I was going in wether I wanted to or not...So we went, I was put in a "c collar" aka "cone of shame" , poked, proded, x-rayed and generaly picked over, all so they could shrug and say what every other doctor has...they had no idea what happened.

Yesterday, D.Jay had shoulder surgery to shave off some bone spurs and repair a tendon....fun.

So, that's what I've been up to this week.....just a normal week in the winkers household.

reelmom
11-25-2011, 07:31 AM
Is it rude to laugh at your last post? Because I did. I am so sorry that it happened. It must be pretty scary to pass out and not know what is wrong.

englishrose47
11-25-2011, 04:07 PM
Is it rude to laugh at your last post? Because I did. I am so sorry that it happened. It must be pretty scary to pass out and not know what is wrong.

Have to agree, but Cherie does have a habit of falling and sometimes even recording it on camera :rolleyes1:rotfl2:Not that I haven't torpedoes down the stand at Fantasmic !!!:rotfl2::rotfl2:

winkers
11-25-2011, 08:49 PM

Have to agree, but Cherie does have a habit of falling and sometimes even recording it on camera :rolleyes1:rotfl2:Not that I haven't torpedoes down the stand at Fantasmic !!!:rotfl2::rotfl2:

It's perfectly fine if you laughed at me...I laugh at myself! If I didn't I'd cry.:laughing:

smidgy
11-25-2011, 11:42 PM
wow! hope you are ok.. you pulled a nebo!!!:rotfl2:

winkers
11-26-2011, 11:57 PM
wow! hope you are ok.. you pulled a nebo!!!:rotfl2:

I'm good....mostly just my pride was hurt.

smidgy
11-27-2011, 12:34 AM
I'm good....mostly just my pride was hurt.

yeah, your eye could be hanging out of its socket, but you're like "anyone see that?"

winkers
11-27-2011, 05:46 PM
yeah, your eye could be hanging out of its socket, but you're like "anyone see that?"

:laughing: yep!!! If their are not wittnessess then it didn't happen!

winkers
11-28-2011, 06:26 PM
With the option of the Bate's Hotel or lookling elsewhere...we picked elsewhere. It was around 6 by this time and the natives were getting restless. We grabbed dinner from a BK drive thru and then parked in a near by Starbuck's parking lot to use their free wi-fi.

I'm sure that when Einstein defined insanity as repeating the same thing but expecting different results, he had me in mind. So, it should come as no surprise that I was on my laptop looking up the nearest hotels on hotwire.

There weren't a lot of options so we decided to drive to Redding that night. I booked what looked to be a promising room and headed off on what, according to the GPS said, would be about a 3 hour drive.

We enjoyed driving down the coast line to Eureka and then headed west into what turned into being 3 hours of winding and tiny roads through mountains, in the dark. It was an interesting drive.:eek:

Around midnight we pulled into our Hotel which was fabulous!! It was like being in the Grand Floridian after a week of camping.

I guess insanity works some times! :laughing:

In the morning we enjoyed a free breakfast in the Hotel's restraunt....it even included little cheesecakes......I LOVE cheesecake.

Some where between Redding and Sacramento D.Jay and I decided to make a detour to Solvang before hitting Aneheim. It looked so easy , we just switched highways and off we went.

I don't remember how long we had been on our new route when I spied the Jelly Belly factory! D.Jay LOVES his jelly bellys! I remembered hearing about free tours so , once again our plans changed.

We had a fun tour through the factory and enjoyed the gift shop...of course! We still have 3, 2lb bags of "irregulars" that we bought. I think we'll still have them in 10 years.

http://i1180.photobucket.com/albums/x420/winkers2/DSC09044.jpg

http://i1180.photobucket.com/albums/x420/winkers2/DSC09046.jpg

We were relieved to not find any over sized appendages on the Jelly Belly...thing.

http://i1180.photobucket.com/albums/x420/winkers2/DSC09047.jpg

Free hats....wooohooty!:thumbsup2

We were at the factory for longer than we had expected...it was packed in there. Which led to...yet again....another change of plans.

As much as I've always wanted to visit Solvang, which is a town decked out like a Danish village, but by the time we got there things would be closing up.

We back tracked a little to I-5 with Aneheim once again as our destination.
The further south we got the roads got worser...ok, I know that isn't a word...they were even worse than before....it's been awhile since I've had a class on gramar or spelling.:laughing:

I don't know how anyone deals with the traffic on a daily basis, it's enough to make me need a drink....and I don't drink.

When, hours later, we pulled into our hotel I was so relieved to just be there. Hotwire had been good to us and we had a great hotel at an even greater price.

The kids headed to the pool, d.jay went to pick up dinner and I unpacked and said a silent prayer of thanks that MIL had decided not to go with us.

Ok, Nebo....next chapter I'll get to Disneyland...just for you!;)

ddstratton
11-29-2011, 08:16 AM
Um... That Norman Bates motel... SCARY!! The closest we've come to a place like that was the Rodeway Inn in Jacksonville, FL. This place didn't even have a clock in the room! But it was clean, at least. Glad the next place was nicer.

Jelly Bellys!! How cool! We love 'em, and would love to take the tour someday.

winkers
11-29-2011, 11:15 AM
Um... That Norman Bates motel... SCARY!! The closest we've come to a place like that was the Rodeway Inn in Jacksonville, FL. This place didn't even have a clock in the room! But it was clean, at least. Glad the next place was nicer.

Jelly Bellys!! How cool! We love 'em, and would love to take the tour someday.

I could handle no clock if the room was clean.:rotfl:

glennbo123
11-29-2011, 11:30 AM
Hey, for a free hat it and a few pounds of "irregulars" it sounds like it was well worth the stop!

I'm glad your luck with hotels has improved.

Whoa, sorry to read about the spell (for lack of a better word) you had in church. Take care of yourself Cherie!

winkers
11-29-2011, 07:20 PM
Hey, for a free hat it and a few pounds of "irregulars" it sounds like it was well worth the stop!

I'm glad your luck with hotels has improved.

Whoa, sorry to read about the spell (for lack of a better word) you had in church. Take care of yourself Cherie!

I'm afraid those irregulars are going to be hard as rocks before we can eat them. After about 2 days of gorging on them D.Jay and the kids haven't had any since.

MAGICFOR2
12-02-2011, 12:31 AM
We rarely stayed at "nice" places. We just looked for safe and clean.

A bunch of kids with "some" adult supervision was not always welcome at most places.

that is what my nightmares are made of!!!

:lmao::lmao: I have been the "adult supervision" on many a nightmare trip like that! I guess I should apologize for all those groups of kids having so much fun at the expense of the other guests.;) I always booked for our groups, because Jim was always coaching, so I found great rates at Comfort Inn most times.

ants...in the bed????:scared1::scared1::scared1:

I guess you haven't lived till you've stayed in a scary hotel.:laughing:

We actually just stayed in one in Eugene this past weekend for the DUCKS game - There was nothing else available for less than $300 a night, so we settled. At least the bathroom was clean, but the bedspreads and throw pillow and furniture had many many scarey looking stains that I do not want to know about. :sick: I guess we can just be thankful God heard my prayers about the bedbugs.

Last sunday started out as a normal sunday and everything was great untill I woke up wedged underneath and between the pews, with no idea how I got there.:rotfl: I think maybe the sunday school teacher was so good that the spirit moved me...right out of my seat.;)

Of course everyone around was freaking out and much to my horror they called 911 because D.Jay wasn't there. He had stayed home because of his shoulder pain.

As I got up and hobbled to the loby with the aid of a friend all I could think about was wether my skirt had stayed down, or if I'd just managed to moon half the congregation.

The emt's came and checked me out and urged me to go to the e.r. but I'm stubborn and since this is a problem I've dealt with since I was 14 there was no way in hel.....since I was at church maybe..heaven would be a better word......Anyway...no way in heaven or hell that I was going for my own sprecial ride in the red truck.

Once D.Jay got to the church he informed me I was going in wether I wanted to or not...So we went, I was put in a "c collar" aka "cone of shame" , poked, proded, x-rayed and generaly picked over, all so they could shrug and say what every other doctor has...they had no idea what happened.

Yesterday, D.Jay had shoulder surgery to shave off some bone spurs and repair a tendon....fun.

So, that's what I've been up to this week.....just a normal week in the winkers household.

OMG - I'm glad you were okay, and so sorry you had to experience it at church. :headache: Hope DJay is on the mend quickly.

Looking forward to DLR!!!

GreatBiscuit
12-02-2011, 12:10 PM
Glad to hear your tumble wasn't a cause of major injury. It could be worse, you could have your name spread throughout the world for using your rear end to commit a crime. Like say, this woman did. (http://www.fergusfallsjournal.com/2011/11/30/vending-machine-mishap-nets-citation/)

nebo
12-02-2011, 06:19 PM
With the option of the Bate's Hotel or lookling elsewhere...we picked elsewhere. It was around 6 by this time and the natives were getting restless. We grabbed dinner from a BK drive thru and then parked in a near by Starbuck's parking lot to use their free wi-fi.

I remember in olden days when you pulled over on road trips to look and use restrooms. Now it's for Wi-fi.

I'm sure that when Einstein defined insanity as repeating the same thing but expecting different results, he had me in mind. So, it should come as no surprise that I was on my laptop looking up the nearest hotels on hotwire.

Right, Einstein would have Room Saver coupons instead.

There weren't a lot of options so we decided to drive to Redding that night. I booked what looked to be a promising room and headed off on what, according to the GPS said, would be about a 3 hour drive.

Isn't it supposed to be, "Five passengers set sail that day for a 3 hour tour, a 3 hour tour?"

We enjoyed driving down the coast line to Eureka and then headed west into what turned into being 3 hours of winding and tiny roads through mountains, in the dark. It was an interesting drive.:eek:

Ok, please work with me here.
You are on the west coast heading south, then you decided to go and head west for 3 hours? You did take that 3 hour tour didn't you? So, how was it staying at Alcatraz? Or Azkaban?

In the morning we enjoyed a free breakfast in the Hotel's restraunt....it even included little cheesecakes......I LOVE cheesecake.

Cant argue there, even Sara Lee cheesecake works for me.

We had a fun tour through the factory and enjoyed the gift shop...of course! We still have 3, 2lb bags of "irregulars" that we bought. I think we'll still have them in 10 years.

Yes, I think six pounds of Jelly Bellies will make anyone "irregular."

We were relieved to not find any over sized appendages on the Jelly Belly...thing.

Do you mean,, um,no, not touching it, leaving it alone.

As much as I've always wanted to visit Solvang, which is a town decked out like a Danish village, but by the time we got there things would be closing up.

Solvang is very high on all midwesterners trip bucket lists out here by me.

I don't know how anyone deals with the traffic on a daily basis, it's enough to make me need a drink....and I don't drink.

From what I have seen, you don't need to.

The kids headed to the pool, d.jay went to pick up dinner and I unpacked and said a silent prayer of thanks that MIL had decided not to go with us.

Sniff, the poor, lonely MIL.

Ok, Nebo....next chapter I'll get to Disneyland...just for you!;)

So THAT"S why you went. Psst, for even more brownie points, you could bring me with next time, eh, you know?

thanks for a great chapter Cherie, tell D-Jay hope his shoulder is better, and i hope you don't have too many more fainting spells, that can't be good. Are you sure you haven't been watching too many Mr. Bean episodes when he's in church?

winkers
12-02-2011, 08:36 PM
:lmao::lmao: I have been the "adult supervision" on many a nightmare trip like that! I guess I should apologize for all those groups of kids having so much fun at the expense of the other guests.;) I always booked for our groups, because Jim was always coaching, so I found great rates at Comfort Inn most times.

We actually just stayed in one in Eugene this past weekend for the DUCKS game - There was nothing else available for less than $300 a night, so we settled. At least the bathroom was clean, but the bedspreads and throw pillow and furniture had many many scarey looking stains that I do not want to know about. :sick: I guess we can just be thankful God heard my prayers about the bedbugs.

OMG - I'm glad you were okay, and so sorry you had to experience it at church. :headache: Hope DJay is on the mend quickly.

Looking forward to DLR!!!
Have you ever seen one of the news shows where they look at the bedspreads and carpet under black lights?:scared1: I carry lysol with me!

D.Jay is doing good...off the goofy meds.:laughing:

Glad to hear your tumble wasn't a cause of major injury. It could be worse, you could have your name spread throughout the world for using your rear end to commit a crime. Like say, this woman did. (http://www.fergusfallsjournal.com/2011/11/30/vending-machine-mishap-nets-citation/)
:scared1::scared1::scared1::scared1::scared1::scar ed1:

I would absolutly DIE!!:lmao:

thanks for a great chapter Cherie, tell D-Jay hope his shoulder is better, and i hope you don't have too many more fainting spells, that can't be good. Are you sure you haven't been watching too many Mr. Bean episodes when he's in church?

ooops, that would be we headed EAST! :rotfl:

Maybe I should go by "MRs. Bean"? Some days I feel about that intelligent.

smidgy
12-03-2011, 01:00 AM
um.. Harrumph!! I said first that I wanted t hear all about disneyland... but NO.. Nebo gets the shout out!!!:rotfl:
I see how it is!

winkers
12-03-2011, 06:59 PM
um.. Harrumph!! I said first that I wanted t hear all about disneyland... but NO.. Nebo gets the shout out!!!:rotfl:
I see how it is!

Sorry! But you know what they say..."the squeaky wheel gets the oil". :rotfl:

englishrose47
12-03-2011, 10:13 PM

Squeak Squeak!!!:rotfl2:

smidgy
12-04-2011, 12:48 AM

sigh.. I understand.. when nebo whines he does sound somewhere between an oboe and a bagpipe.. I would want to make that stop too...

oh, sorry honey, did you hear that?:rotfl:

winkers
12-06-2011, 02:28 PM
Squeak Squeak!!!:rotfl2:

sigh.. I understand.. when nebo whines he does sound somewhere between an oboe and a bagpipe.. I would want to make that stop too...

oh, sorry honey, did you hear that?:rotfl:

:rotfl2::rotfl2:

Rozz
12-11-2011, 12:12 PM
Nearly to Disneyland! I haven't checked for an update in awhile. So glad you're posting again. Sorry to hear about the misadventures and hope you and DJay are doing well.

I'm caught up and have read most of the chatter too since it's almost, not quite, but almost, as good as the trip updates! The hotel debacle sounds like one of our experiences. Run the other way or bring out the major Lysol!

Your telling about Blue, irregular jellies, moldy hotel rooms, and all; you have me cracking up! Your optimism and humor is catching! Love it! Looking forward to Disneyland updates! Take care!

Blueyed Girl
12-11-2011, 05:10 PM
Ooh how fun that you got to tour the Jelly Belly factory! This is why we like driving, you can detour any time you want. Although, now that DH is traveling so much for work, I think it's time for me and DS to also get on a plane and for me to get over my fear of flying. I laughed out loud at your little prayer about your MIL deciding not to go. :rotfl2: Glad your next hotel ended up being a great one! Yay for hotwire!! :banana: Can't wait to read more! popcorn::

winkers
12-19-2011, 01:17 PM
Isn't there a song about it never raining in Calinornia? or is it arizona? Any way, we proved that theory wrong.

We woke up bright an early monday morning to pick up our tickets and get in line for rope drop.

I've only been to Disneyland once before but it was also in Feb. with low's in the 70's and hardly anyone at the parks.

When we stepped outside our hotel it was a shock to see clouded skies and raindrops. But I wasn't worried because it would soon warm up.

At rope drop I was surprised by the number of people there and the fact that it was still drizzling off and on.

I don't know why but for some reason I really wasn't "feeling" the whole disney thing. Maybe because this was a last minute trip and I hadn't had a year to plan and obsess, or it could have been the weather and larger than expectecd crowds...or the fact that I wasn't feeling well.

What ever the reason, I just wasn't in my groove.

We headed for BTMR which is a family favorite and a good way to get Ethan warmed up for space mountain.

http://i1180.photobucket.com/albums/x420/winkers2/DSC09071.jpg

http://i1180.photobucket.com/albums/x420/winkers2/DSC09067.jpg

http://i1180.photobucket.com/albums/x420/winkers2/DSC09059.jpg

http://i1180.photobucket.com/albums/x420/winkers2/DSC09060.jpg

I'm finding it's a little more difficult to remember every thing from a trip when you take zero notes and wait almost a year.:laughing:

Like I said before, I just wasn't into my groove and we kinda roamed aimlessly most of the day.

http://i1180.photobucket.com/albums/x420/winkers2/DSC09058.jpg

We ended up at the Tiki Room, which I like better than the WDW version.

http://i1180.photobucket.com/albums/x420/winkers2/DSC09058.jpg

The men found a nice urinal to rival the one in Morocco

http://i1180.photobucket.com/albums/x420/winkers2/DSC09050.jpg

By noon-ish the park was really packed so we headed out so the kids could swim.

It was still sprinkling off and on and my head ache was getting worse b y the minute. I think we were all really tired also from 2 days of driving, so it was nice to just relax at the hotel the rest of the day.

Wow....this is one pathetic chapter !! I promise it will get better.....or will it? [ insert dramatic dun..dun...duuunnn}

smidgy
12-20-2011, 12:40 AM
wow! those are some really green eyes!!! I like green eyes.

love the urinal shot. I want to hear so much more about disneyland!!! did you go to the new cars land? what about the indiana jones ride? I hear at space mt. you dsit side by side .. I wold like that much better. I would feel safer with nebo's arem around me.

MAGICFOR2
12-20-2011, 01:48 AM

OMG! That's my mom's hometown!:eek:Please don't tell my DH - I'll never hear the end of it!:lmao::lmao:

MAGICFOR2
12-20-2011, 01:56 AM
Have you ever seen one of the news shows where they look at the bedspreads and carpet under black lights?:scared1: I carry lysol with me!

:scared1: I have!:scared1: That's why the bedspread, bolster pillows (well used? :sick:) went on the floor and we did NOT sit on the furniture!

Too bad you didn't have your Disney on for your first park day - that happened to me last time, too. I think we were just looking forward to our cruise and it felt like a "time to kill" kind of day instead of a destination.

englishrose47
12-24-2011, 11:49 PM
To all my Dis Friends

http://i219.photobucket.com/albums/cc287/IndianHippyGirl/CHRISTmas/merry-christmas-words.gif

Poolrat
12-25-2011, 04:55 PM
:santa: Merry Christmas To the whole Winkers clan :santa:

glennbo123
12-28-2011, 04:09 PM
It never rains in California, but girl don't they warn ya, it pours, man it pours!

Aw, sorry you weren't feelin' it (yet hopefully), and I hope that you soon get back into the swing of all things Disney.

All7OfUs
12-29-2011, 06:21 PM
OH Cherie, just sounds awful wandering aimlessly around a park!! Someone needed to shake you!! Just kiddin', but seriously, I"m sorry it was hard for you to find your groove thang that day.

I TOTALLY agree about the Tiki being WAY better at DLR. It just is.

englishrose47
01-09-2012, 08:56 AM
Just bumping Winkers up !!!

winkers
01-24-2012, 03:26 PM
Day 2 dawned and I was feeling a little better but the weather wasn't with me. It wasn't raining, but it was as cold as at our home in Washington. Who turned off the sun?;)

We headed for DCA in the morning and headed off for Toys story Mania....which was closed untill the afternoon. Ethan decided he wanted to try the mickey coaster, Evan volunteered to go with him, Bailie wanted to ride the carousel, so D.Jay went with her and I somehow found myself on the giant farris wheel with the cars that rock so far you're almost upside down, with Hunter.

Normally heights don't get to me, neither does going upside down on a roller coaster but the combination of height and rolling back and forth on these s shaped rockers untill you're staring straight down at the water is a wee bit un-nerving. I have some video of our ride, but I need d.ay to upload it for me.

One thing I have learned from all our disney trips is this....if you want to eat lunch without waiting in a 30 minute line and while sitting at a table...you need to be at the restraunt promptly at 11. Which we were.

The boys chose mexican

http://i1180.photobucket.com/albums/x420/winkers2/DSC09151.jpg

Bailie and I had clam chowder in a bread bowl...sorry no picture....just imagine in your mind a huge sourdough bread bowl with clam chowder...it was good.

Tummies full, we headed for "bug land" I was surprised how much the kids still enjoy this area even tho it's more for litttle kids.

On the way there we found this where they're building the new car's land..

http://i1180.photobucket.com/albums/x420/winkers2/DSC09150.jpg

onto the rides..

http://i1180.photobucket.com/albums/x420/winkers2/DSC09127.jpg

http://i1180.photobucket.com/albums/x420/winkers2/DSC09126.jpg

http://i1180.photobucket.com/albums/x420/winkers2/DSC09121.jpg

http://i1180.photobucket.com/albums/x420/winkers2/DSC09119.jpg

http://i1180.photobucket.com/albums/x420/winkers2/DSC09118.jpg

http://i1180.photobucket.com/albums/x420/winkers2/DSC09112.jpg

We rode soarin and walked around for a bit and it was getting colder by the minute. We headed off on the little tram for the parking garage

http://i1180.photobucket.com/albums/x420/winkers2/DSC09111.jpg

and the guys had a little salute for Jordan and his peeps in the background.

winkers
01-24-2012, 03:54 PM
The next day's plan was MK in the morning, beach in the afternoon. The last time we were in CA we never made it to the beach so this time it was a priority.

We began the morning with the matterhorn

http://i1180.photobucket.com/albums/x420/winkers2/DSC09181.jpg
http://i1180.photobucket.com/albums/x420/winkers2/DSC09183.jpg
http://i1180.photobucket.com/albums/x420/winkers2/DSC09184.jpg

After 2 rounds on this my slight head ache was amping up to be a killer....but I was in disneyland and determined to enjoy myself. :laughing:

We tackled fantasyland next in hopes of enjoying it before it became a mom of strollers and loooooonnnnnggggg lines.

http://i1180.photobucket.com/albums/x420/winkers2/DSC09186.jpg

http://i1180.photobucket.com/albums/x420/winkers2/DSC09187.jpg

http://i1180.photobucket.com/albums/x420/winkers2/DSC09202.jpg

Before a flight on Dumbo the kids tried to re-create their picture from the first trip......their height made it a tiny bit difficult.

http://i1180.photobucket.com/albums/x420/winkers2/DSC09204.jpg

http://i1180.photobucket.com/albums/x420/winkers2/DSC09205.jpg
http://i1180.photobucket.com/albums/x420/winkers2/DSC09203.jpg

Mr Toad's wild ride had been closed before so it was fun to have a new ride!

http://i1180.photobucket.com/albums/x420/winkers2/DSC09208.jpg

http://i1180.photobucket.com/albums/x420/winkers2/DSC09209.jpg

http://i1180.photobucket.com/albums/x420/winkers2/DSC09213.jpg

http://i1180.photobucket.com/albums/x420/winkers2/DSC09212.jpg

http://i1180.photobucket.com/albums/x420/winkers2/DSC09214.jpg

http://i1180.photobucket.com/albums/x420/winkers2/DSC09215.jpg

http://i1180.photobucket.com/albums/x420/winkers2/DSC09218.jpg

We rode the "nemo" ride...can't think of it's name...but you're in a submarine...which translates to a tiny staircase and even smaller seats crowded with your 50 closest friens...who you pray have showered and applied deodarant.
http://i1180.photobucket.com/albums/x420/winkers2/DSC09220.jpg

Buzz lightyear...

http://i1180.photobucket.com/albums/x420/winkers2/DSC09224.jpg

winkers
01-24-2012, 03:55 PM
At 11 we had an adr for The big thunder mountain ranch bbq....this is a fairly new restraunt and so good! Basically all the bbq ribs, chicken , sausage, corn bread, and beans you can eat. While being entertained by a cowgirl and a couple of cowboys.

http://i1180.photobucket.com/albums/x420/winkers2/DSC09236.jpg
We had a great time here. One of the actors had fun teasing my boys about wheather or not they were going to " come up for air" and at one point stopped in the middle of his song and asked them to put the food down an participate.:rotfl:

http://i1180.photobucket.com/albums/x420/winkers2/DSC09227.jpg

http://i1180.photobucket.com/albums/x420/winkers2/DSC09228.jpg

For dessert we got a giant chocolate chip cookie in a pan fresh from the oven, with ice cream and chocolate sauce. Basically heaven on a plate....Hunter wanted every drop of the chocolate.

http://i1180.photobucket.com/albums/x420/winkers2/DSC09228.jpg

We were stuffed..
http://i1180.photobucket.com/albums/x420/winkers2/DSC09232.jpg

Some how, we managed to waddle towards the front of the park so we could head to the beach, and happily ran across some characters

http://i1180.photobucket.com/albums/x420/winkers2/DSC09179.jpg

http://i1180.photobucket.com/albums/x420/winkers2/DSC09178.jpg

http://i1180.photobucket.com/albums/x420/winkers2/DSC09176.jpg

http://i1180.photobucket.com/albums/x420/winkers2/DSC09174.jpg

Is it sad that I get really excited when I find a new character? :laughing:

http://i1180.photobucket.com/albums/x420/winkers2/DSC09173.jpg

D.Jay's mood indicator...

http://i1180.photobucket.com/albums/x420/winkers2/DSC09168.jpg

On our way to the car..
http://i1180.photobucket.com/albums/x420/winkers2/DSC09167.jpg

Poolrat
01-24-2012, 05:29 PM
:cool1::cool1::cool1:

We are still in Disneyland. So great to see an update. Hope all is well. I enjoy reading about your trip.

winkers
01-24-2012, 05:37 PM
:cool1::cool1::cool1:

We are still in Disneyland. So great to see an update. Hope all is well. I enjoy reading about your trip.

Cool! How long are you there for?

winkers
01-24-2012, 05:44 PM
I know I've said it before but....I LOVE the ocean! Of course, I'm used to the pacific northwest which is rugged, cold and beautiful.

I once spent about an hour in Myrtle Beach and wasn't impressed...every thing was flat! And the southern California beach is the same. I might have liked it more if it were warmer.

The kids were so excited thinking it would be a warm beach....hahahah. It was february , windy drizzling and cccoooolllldddd. But, we still had fun.

http://i1180.photobucket.com/albums/x420/winkers2/DSC09165.jpg

http://i1180.photobucket.com/albums/x420/winkers2/DSC09164.jpg

http://i1180.photobucket.com/albums/x420/winkers2/DSC09162.jpg

http://i1180.photobucket.com/albums/x420/winkers2/DSC09161.jpg

http://i1180.photobucket.com/albums/x420/winkers2/DSC09158.jpg

http://i1180.photobucket.com/albums/x420/winkers2/DSC09157.jpg

http://i1180.photobucket.com/albums/x420/winkers2/DSC09155.jpg

http://i1180.photobucket.com/albums/x420/winkers2/DSC09153.jpg

Poolrat
01-24-2012, 05:47 PM
Cool! How long are you there for?

I mean the WE collective as in all of us. Your last update had "us" arriving and day 1. :laughing:

I may be going in late September so I am :surfweb:

winkers
01-24-2012, 06:00 PM
On day 4 I realized that my head ache had reached the point where I couldn't ignore it any longer....of course it took passing out in the hotel room for me to aknowledge that little fact.

I felt horrible and was tempted to stay behind and rest but I was too excited because we were having a dis meet that morning...

http://i1180.photobucket.com/albums/x420/winkers2/DSC09344.jpg

Derek, Wendy and their sweet kids! We met up with them in MK and spent the day together. The only down side was I was in a wheel chair so I wouldn't find myself face down on the pavement.

My kids had so much fun with Erin, Dylan , & Ashlyn!

http://i1180.photobucket.com/albums/x420/winkers2/DSC09335.jpg

http://i1180.photobucket.com/albums/x420/winkers2/DSC09334.jpg

http://i1180.photobucket.com/albums/x420/winkers2/DSC09323.jpg

http://i1180.photobucket.com/albums/x420/winkers2/DSC09327.jpg

http://i1180.photobucket.com/albums/x420/winkers2/DSC09322.jpg

http://i1180.photobucket.com/albums/x420/winkers2/DSC09321.jpg

http://i1180.photobucket.com/albums/x420/winkers2/DSC09317.jpg

http://i1180.photobucket.com/albums/x420/winkers2/DSC09315.jpg

http://i1180.photobucket.com/albums/x420/winkers2/DSC09330.jpg

http://i1180.photobucket.com/albums/x420/winkers2/DSC09331.jpg

http://i1180.photobucket.com/albums/x420/winkers2/DSC09335.jpg

http://i1180.photobucket.com/albums/x420/winkers2/DSC09337.jpg

http://i1180.photobucket.com/albums/x420/winkers2/DSC09344.jpg

http://i1180.photobucket.com/albums/x420/winkers2/DSC09346.jpg

http://i1180.photobucket.com/albums/x420/winkers2/DSC09339.jpg

It was a great day!

glennbo123
01-24-2012, 06:45 PM
Holy mega updates Batman!

Your kids sure know how to ham it up for the camera....looks like they're having so much fun. :)

I love D.Jay's Vader shirt.

Come up for air while eating barbeque? Get real, dude!

:banana: You got to spend the day with Derek, Wendy, and the kids! :yay:

smidgy
01-24-2012, 08:45 PM
great pictures!!! boy cherie, if it's not a tootache, it's a headache. are you and nebo related? (I couldn't pick a better SIL;))

someday we will get over to the west coast and see DL!!!:banana: it lloks great. except for the nemo submarine ride... we actually got the chance to ride 20,000 leagues under the sea at Mk before it closed... boy were we ever claustrophobic.. I was starting to get panicky,

In chicago, at the Museum of Science and Industry (great place), we have a German U-boat captured in WW2. you take a tour and walk through it. I really didn't care what the guide was saying, I just wanted everyone to.. Walk FASTER!! (can't beleive those poor sailors live in those tin cans underwater for weeks and months!:scared1:)

you all look great!! ps. nebo is repeating dining reviews over on the restaurant board, and your family is featured!!

don't you love the beach? I do. (nebo thinks it's kinda boring, not me. that picture of your daughter should be made into a black and white shot.. very artistic!!

winkers
01-24-2012, 09:45 PM
I mean the WE collective as in all of us. Your last update had "us" arriving and day 1. :laughing:

I may be going in late September so I am :surfweb:
ooohhhh....silly me!

Holy mega updates Batman!

Your kids sure know how to ham it up for the camera....looks like they're having so much fun. :)

I love D.Jay's Vader shirt.

Come up for air while eating barbeque? Get real, dude!

:banana: You got to spend the day with Derek, Wendy, and the kids! :yay:
My kids do LOVE the camera!

D.Jay has a collection of odd shirts...but that one got tons of remarks from people!

great pictures!!! boy cherie, if it's not a tootache, it's a headache. are you and nebo related? (I couldn't pick a better SIL;))

someday we will get over to the west coast and see DL!!!:banana: it lloks great. except for the nemo submarine ride... we actually got the chance to ride 20,000 leagues under the sea at Mk before it closed... boy were we ever claustrophobic.. I was starting to get panicky,

In chicago, at the Museum of Science and Industry (great place), we have a German U-boat captured in WW2. you take a tour and walk through it. I really didn't care what the guide was saying, I just wanted everyone to.. Walk FASTER!! (can't beleive those poor sailors live in those tin cans underwater for weeks and months!:scared1:)

you all look great!! ps. nebo is repeating dining reviews over on the restaurant board, and your family is featured!!

don't you love the beach? I do. (nebo thinks it's kinda boring, not me. that picture of your daughter should be made into a black and white shot.. very artistic!!

The only difference is I don't have "little friends" and sunny-d bottles.;)

I'm very claustrophobic...which ment I didn't like the ride too much! I think I'd need to be sedated to go into a real submarine.

MAGICFOR2
01-28-2012, 01:55 AM
I forgot you had a TR going :lmao: Welcome Back!

Looks like a perfectly perfect DL day! I'm glad things were more fun for you this day! I love the big Mickey Wheel, but not many in my family do.

Too bad it was cold at the beach. We have had a some amazing days there - it is what I've always thought the beach here could be a little more like - I love the Oregon coast, too, but does it have to be so cold all the time??? That's why I never call it the beach. :goodvibes

How fun to spend the day with the wonderful Okada family! I can't believe how big little Ashlynn is already.

MAGICFOR2
01-28-2012, 02:03 AM
We tackled fantasyland next in hopes of enjoying it before it became a mom of strollers and loooooonnnnnggggg lines.

http://i1180.photobucket.com/albums/x420/winkers2/DSC09186.jpg

Oh, and who's the creeper sitting behind the kids? He looks like he could be D.Jay's brother!:lmao: Not that I think D,Jay looks like a creeper. :laughing:

I love the Dumbo pics! I remember the original - that is why I started reading your TRs - I thought you looked like a fun family to (creep on) Oops I mean follow! :lmao:

mrsksomeday
01-28-2012, 03:02 AM
:banana: I LOVED the update!! Bill and I have never been to Disneyland so we love seeing pictures from there. The kids are growing up so fast. I am so sorry you weren't feeling well on your trip. It looks like you had a great time with Wendy's family. I can't wait to read more!

winkers
02-04-2012, 03:45 PM
Oh, and who's the creeper sitting behind the kids? He looks like he could be D.Jay's brother!:lmao: Not that I think D,Jay looks like a creeper. :laughing:

I love the Dumbo pics! I remember the original - that is why I started reading your TRs - I thought you looked like a fun family to (creep on) Oops I mean follow! :lmao:
yeah, the creeper is a little interesting..lol
I don't know how interesting we are, but my kids are definatly entertaining

:banana: I LOVED the update!! Bill and I have never been to Disneyland so we love seeing pictures from there. The kids are growing up so fast. I am so sorry you weren't feeling well on your trip. It looks like you had a great time with Wendy's family. I can't wait to read more!

Sadly, due to my health at the time I didn't take as many pictures or do much journaling so it's not the best for describing disneyland.

winkers
02-04-2012, 03:59 PM
I've been MIA lately because of a new trip I'm in the middle of planning....but it's a secret!;)

I'm going to try and wrap this puppy up. I know this report hasn't lived up to the normal amount of craziness in my past tr's:rolleyes:

Our last day started with me discovering Mardi Gras Mickey and Minnie....I'm a sucker for the characters in different costumes.

http://i1180.photobucket.com/albums/x420/winkers2/DSC09436.jpg
http://i1180.photobucket.com/albums/x420/winkers2/DSC09435.jpg
Oh the joy of dole whip floats!

http://i1180.photobucket.com/albums/x420/winkers2/DSC09438.jpg

http://i1180.photobucket.com/albums/x420/winkers2/DSC09442.jpg

http://i1180.photobucket.com/albums/x420/winkers2/DSC09443.jpg

oh look....something we haven't posed with..
http://i1180.photobucket.com/albums/x420/winkers2/DSC09292.jpg

http://i1180.photobucket.com/albums/x420/winkers2/DSC09293.jpg

http://i1180.photobucket.com/albums/x420/winkers2/DSC09295.jpg

Posing with these little statues has become a tradition..

http://i1180.photobucket.com/albums/x420/winkers2/DSC09299.jpg

http://i1180.photobucket.com/albums/x420/winkers2/DSC09300.jpg
http://i1180.photobucket.com/albums/x420/winkers2/DSC09302.jpg

http://i1180.photobucket.com/albums/x420/winkers2/DSC09298.jpg

This and the tea cups are the only rides I can't handle...

http://i1180.photobucket.com/albums/x420/winkers2/DSC09305.jpg

http://i1180.photobucket.com/albums/x420/winkers2/DSC09307.jpg

http://i1180.photobucket.com/albums/x420/winkers2/DSC09308.jpg

well, I just realized I forgot the start of our day, which was breakfast with the characters at the Plaza! This was one of the high lights of the trip...I'll continue it in the next post

winkers
02-04-2012, 04:12 PM
One of the highlights from this trip was our breakfast with the characters. I've learned that the best time is right when they open. Not a lot of people in the reastraunt and fresh cm's means lot's of great character interaction!

I have some great video , but again I'm waiting on D.Jay to upload it for me.....see, it's not all my fault!:laughing:

Chip decided to check out Hunter's wallet
http://i1180.photobucket.com/albums/x420/winkers2/DSC09348.jpg

http://i1180.photobucket.com/albums/x420/winkers2/DSC09351.jpg

http://i1180.photobucket.com/albums/x420/winkers2/DSC09352.jpg

http://i1180.photobucket.com/albums/x420/winkers2/DSC09355.jpg

http://i1180.photobucket.com/albums/x420/winkers2/DSC09357.jpg

http://i1180.photobucket.com/albums/x420/winkers2/DSC09358.jpg

Minnie tried to show them the correct way to pose..

http://i1180.photobucket.com/albums/x420/winkers2/DSC09359.jpg

Here's a combo you don't see often

http://i1180.photobucket.com/albums/x420/winkers2/DSC09360.jpg

fist bumpin with tigger

http://i1180.photobucket.com/albums/x420/winkers2/DSC09362.jpg

another unlikely duo......Tigger was jumping around and doing all sorts of things while the FGM had no clue..

http://i1180.photobucket.com/albums/x420/winkers2/DSC09365.jpg

http://i1180.photobucket.com/albums/x420/winkers2/DSC09366.jpg

http://i1180.photobucket.com/albums/x420/winkers2/DSC09367.jpg

Bailie claims to get creeped out by the non-face characters.....this is important later on.

http://i1180.photobucket.com/albums/x420/winkers2/DSC09371.jpg

http://i1180.photobucket.com/albums/x420/winkers2/DSC09372.jpg

I found someone who has the same figure as me...

http://i1180.photobucket.com/albums/x420/winkers2/DSC09375.jpg

http://i1180.photobucket.com/albums/x420/winkers2/DSC09376.jpg

winkers
02-04-2012, 04:29 PM
Chip returned to our table and took the video camera from D.Jay...we have some fun video footage from that.

http://i1180.photobucket.com/albums/x420/winkers2/DSC09377.jpg

I have no idea why he's pulling this face..

http://i1180.photobucket.com/albums/x420/winkers2/DSC09383.jpg

Maybe not Capt. Jack but , I might be convinced
http://i1180.photobucket.com/albums/x420/winkers2/DSC09384.jpg

If it had been Capt. Jack, I would have kept him for myself, but since I know that Capt. Hook is what Bailie's nightmares are made of, I told him that I had an available daughter and it was too bad she was getting food at the time and not there to meet him, so I told him she was in a bright orange sweatshirt.....insert evil laugh.

http://i1180.photobucket.com/albums/x420/winkers2/DSC09385.jpg

A few minutes later, an oblivious and un-suspecting Bailie returns to the table....and she has a stalker.

http://i1180.photobucket.com/albums/x420/winkers2/DSC09387.jpg

Capt. Hook continued to get a little too close for Bailie's comfort for about 10 minutes. Oh how I love annoying my kids. In truth, she loved every minute of it.:laughing:

http://i1180.photobucket.com/albums/x420/winkers2/DSC09388.jpg

http://i1180.photobucket.com/albums/x420/winkers2/DSC09389.jpg

I think this is where he proposed

http://i1180.photobucket.com/albums/x420/winkers2/DSC09390.jpg

He gave up after awhile and moved on....or did he?

http://i1180.photobucket.com/albums/x420/winkers2/DSC09391.jpg

http://i1180.photobucket.com/albums/x420/winkers2/DSC09393.jpg

http://i1180.photobucket.com/albums/x420/winkers2/DSC09394.jpg

http://i1180.photobucket.com/albums/x420/winkers2/DSC09395.jpg

http://i1180.photobucket.com/albums/x420/winkers2/DSC09396.jpg

Some people can't take no for an answer...

http://i1180.photobucket.com/albums/x420/winkers2/DSC09400.jpg
http://i1180.photobucket.com/albums/x420/winkers2/DSC09401.jpg

Dale came along and played with everyone's hair....he would pretend to lick his hands and then ruffle them in their hair.

http://i1180.photobucket.com/albums/x420/winkers2/DSC09403.jpg

http://i1180.photobucket.com/albums/x420/winkers2/DSC09404.jpg

winkers
02-04-2012, 04:30 PM
Minnie decided it was Ethan's turn to be embarassed...

http://i1180.photobucket.com/albums/x420/winkers2/DSC09408.jpg

http://i1180.photobucket.com/albums/x420/winkers2/DSC09409.jpg

http://i1180.photobucket.com/albums/x420/winkers2/DSC09410.jpg

http://i1180.photobucket.com/albums/x420/winkers2/DSC09412.jpg

She must have thought Hunter needed some help feeding himself

http://i1180.photobucket.com/albums/x420/winkers2/DSC09413.jpg

http://i1180.photobucket.com/albums/x420/winkers2/DSC09414.jpg

She didn't want to leave Evan out..

http://i1180.photobucket.com/albums/x420/winkers2/DSC09415.jpg

http://i1180.photobucket.com/albums/x420/winkers2/DSC09416.jpg

She sat down at D.Jay's place while he was away

http://i1180.photobucket.com/albums/x420/winkers2/DSC09418.jpg

Grumpy's Wife
02-04-2012, 04:53 PM
I can't believe I just found your trip report and it's the last day. :sad2:

I love how your children like to ham up the pictures. They look like they are so much fun to be around.

Maybe I'll be early to your next report. I'll be on the lookout.

winkers
02-04-2012, 05:02 PM
I can't believe I just found your trip report and it's the last day. :sad2:

I love how your children like to ham up the pictures. They look like they are so much fun to be around.

Maybe I'll be early to your next report. I'll be on the lookout.

You haven't missed much.:thumbsup2 This has to be one of if not the lamest tr ever. But I'm glad you made it!

I'll be starting me new one in a couple of days....I'll post a link here when I do.

eandesmom
02-04-2012, 06:28 PM
heavens, I just found this too! Subbing so at least I can see when you start the next one. DOH!

glennbo123
02-04-2012, 06:43 PM
Wow, what great character interaction! It's good to see that they spend time with the bigger kids too. It looked like a lot of fun.

mrsksomeday
02-04-2012, 06:56 PM
If we ever make it to DL I will definitely book a breakfast there. The character interaction looked fantastic!! Thanks so much for posting about this :goodvibes.

MAGICFOR2
02-05-2012, 12:40 AM
What random character interaction! Looks like fun though! Poor Bailey, I don't think she's a pirate! pirate: I'm excited to see what your surprise trip will be!

Poolrat
02-05-2012, 10:47 AM
What a crazy collection of characters at breakfast. FGM, Minnie and Gepetto?

I love it when the come around and play a bit.
Capt'n Hook and Bailey :lmao::lmao:

Looking forward to the surprise trip.:goodvibes

reelmom
02-05-2012, 04:20 PM
A surprise trip! I can't wait to hear all about it.

winkers
02-08-2012, 10:29 AM
heavens, I just found this too! Subbing so at least I can see when you start the next one. DOH!
No worries...this is about as boring as a tr can get! ;)

Wow, what great character interaction! It's good to see that they spend time with the bigger kids too. It looked like a lot of fun.
We've always found the characters to have alot of fun with the older kids. I

trhink they might enjoy the older ones because they can mess around with them a little more. I guess it also helps that I encourage them to annoy my kids.:laughing:

If we ever make it to DL I will definitely book a breakfast there. The character interaction looked fantastic!! Thanks so much for posting about this :goodvibes.
This is our favorite meal at Disneyland....my kids still talk about the swan shaped cream fuffs from 7 years ago.
I feel a little like the beverly hillbilles there.

What random character interaction! Looks like fun though! Poor Bailey, I don't think she's a pirate! pirate: I'm excited to see what your surprise trip will be!
Bailie likes to pretend she's bothered by them but deep down she loves being the center of attention. It just might be down deeper over certain characters:rotfl:

What a crazy collection of characters at breakfast. FGM, Minnie and Gepetto?

I love it when the come around and play a bit.
Capt'n Hook and Bailey :lmao::lmao:

Looking forward to the surprise trip.:goodvibes
I was really suprised by the the mix of characters. I guess that's one of the many things disney does so well. You never know when you'll get a little pixie dust.

A surprise trip! I can't wait to hear all about it.
If I get all my chores done today, I will have the new one up tonight. :laughing:

daisy_77
02-08-2012, 03:54 PM
What a fun report!!

You have such a beautiful family and it looks like its never a dull moment with all those fun personalities.

I am looking forward to your next report :goodvibes

winkers
02-10-2012, 10:06 AM
What a fun report!!

You have such a beautiful family and it looks like its never a dull moment with all those fun personalities.

I am looking forward to your next report :goodvibes

thank you! I don't think there ever is a dull moment when the kids are around, sometimes that's good and others not so much.;)

winkers
02-10-2012, 10:35 AM
On the way home we took a different route...through Nevada and Utah, where I was dropped off at my parents home and D.Jay and the kids drove the rest of the way home.

My little brother and his wife had their first baby in early January, so I was staying awhile to get some good auntie time and be there for her blessing.

I felt bad that the rest of the family couldn't stay but D.Jay had work and the kids had already missed a week of school. The up side, was I got a real vacation.:laughing:

I come from a very close knit family, which is awesome so it's always great to all be together.

Here's my little sister's cuties.....Kaylie & Jaden
If you have followed my tr's this is the sister who struggled with cervical cancer, so these two sweeties are truly miracles.
http://i1180.photobucket.com/albums/x420/winkers2/DSC09450.jpg

After Jaden was born I spent 2 weeks at my sister's helping take care of her and the babies, so I consider Jaden part mine. 2 weeks with a newborn is very bonding.

This is precious little Berkley....

http://i1180.photobucket.com/albums/x420/winkers2/DSC09707.jpg

I'm slowly starting my own photography business, so I always do a shoot for my family when I'm there.

Berkley in her blessing dress
http://i1180.photobucket.com/albums/x420/winkers2/DSC09603.jpg

Berkley & my sis in-law Nitasha
http://i1180.photobucket.com/albums/x420/winkers2/DSC09624.jpg
http://i1180.photobucket.com/albums/x420/winkers2/DSC09627.jpg

I get this question a lot so if anyone is wondering....in my faith we don't baptize untill the age of 8. Our babies are "blessed" in church. If that made it clear as mud...I'll try to explain it better.:laughing:

http://i1180.photobucket.com/albums/x420/winkers2/DSC09730.jpg

winkers
02-10-2012, 02:47 PM
Here's the link to my new pre trippy....I know you love disney , but isn't this a little too much? (http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2876042)

daisy_77
02-10-2012, 03:11 PM
Oh that little girl is just precious!! I love her blessing outfit. From the sounds of it, we share the same religion. :flower3:

I think you take FANTASTIC pics! I wish you lived closer, I would totally hire you to take my engagement pics :goodvibes

I am so excited to start reading your next trip report! I swear you keep me laughing like no one else on the dis. I love it! popcorn::

ashleypmo
02-10-2012, 04:25 PM
Subbing now, catching up later. ;)

ashleypmo
02-10-2012, 04:26 PM
Oh, wait, this is the old one--- I'll go sub to the new one now.

glennbo123
02-10-2012, 07:27 PM
What a bunch of cutie-pies!

Poolrat
02-10-2012, 08:06 PM
You will one busy photographer. Great shots.

Having the cutest subjects helps too. :goodvibes

vamassey1
02-10-2012, 08:09 PM
Beautiful pictures and Beautiful subjects!

PittypatBR
02-11-2012, 12:55 AM
Beautiful sister, beautiful baby, beautiful pics!! You do good work, girl! How nice that you got special time with your family while the family resumed obligations.

smidgy
02-11-2012, 01:08 AM
such great looking kids!!!! nice pictures

smidgy
02-11-2012, 01:24 AM
wow! you guys got a ton of character interacton. how fun!!!

I am not surprised at how your kids took to the other dis family's kids. I remember how nice and friendly they were with us!!!

MAGICFOR2
02-11-2012, 01:24 AM
So nice you got to have some good auntie time! Beautiful pics of beautiful babies!:cutie: Good luck with your photo business- looks like you'll do great! Now off to sign in on your PTR!:banana:

GeminiAngel
02-11-2012, 11:20 AM
Hey Cherie! So sorry you weren't feeling good for your trip to DL.
I was just wondering, where did you stay in Anaheim? We usually stay across the street from DL at the Anaheim Desert Inn & Suites. They have a room for 12 ppl. Lately though, we've been staying at the Disneyland Hotel.
My hubby is a hotel snob. :laughing:

winkers
02-11-2012, 06:58 PM
Oh that little girl is just precious!! I love her blessing outfit. From the sounds of it, we share the same religion. :flower3:

I think you take FANTASTIC pics! I wish you lived closer, I would totally hire you to take my engagement pics :goodvibes

I am so excited to start reading your next trip report! I swear you keep me laughing like no one else on the dis. I love it! popcorn::
When are you getting married? I wish I could do your pics, wedding and engagment are my favorite type to do.

Oh, wait, this is the old one--- I'll go sub to the new one now.

Subbing now, catching up later. ;)
:rotfl: I'm glad you figured it out!

What a bunch of cutie-pies!
thanks, I think they're pretty cute myself.

You will one busy photographer. Great shots.

Having the cutest subjects helps too. :goodvibes
They do make it easy, being so cute and sweet.

Beautiful pictures and Beautiful subjects!
thanks!

Beautiful sister, beautiful baby, beautiful pics!! You do good work, girl! How nice that you got special time with your family while the family resumed obligations.
One of the many things I love about D.Jay is that he has always supported me getting away occasionaly and being able to visit my family.

such great looking kids!!!! nice pictures
thanks! You have a little Kaylie now too, don't you?

wow! you guys got a ton of character interacton. how fun!!!

I am not surprised at how your kids took to the other dis family's kids. I remember how nice and friendly they were with us!!!
My kids are all so out going...they got that from their dad. I am still naturally very shy but I've learned to get past it. When I was young, I was painfully shy. I'm so glad they didn't inherit that!

So nice you got to have some good auntie time! Beautiful pics of beautiful babies!:cutie: Good luck with your photo business- looks like you'll do great! Now off to sign in on your PTR!:banana:
I love all my nieces & nephews but I have to admit that I have a closer bond to my little brother and sister's kids. Probably because the others were all born around the same time as mine, so I wasn't in a place where I could really spoil them.

Hey Cherie! So sorry you weren't feeling good for your trip to DL.
I was just wondering, where did you stay in Anaheim? We usually stay across the street from DL at the Anaheim Desert Inn & Suites. They have a room for 12 ppl. Lately though, we've been staying at the Disneyland Hotel.
My hubby is a hotel snob. :laughing:

It was the Holiday Inn....it was a few miles away. I'd love to stay in the disneyland hotel, ut that will wait till it's just d.jay and I or we win the lottery.

eandesmom
02-11-2012, 09:02 PM
gorgeous gorgeous shots, gorgeous gorgeous baby!!!!!!!!!!!

When are you coming west again my friend? Bowling anytime soon?

englishrose47
02-11-2012, 09:20 PM
Hi Cherie just catching up!!! Any word on Jordan's 2013 trip?????

daisy_77
02-12-2012, 05:20 PM
When are you getting married? I wish I could do your pics, wedding and engagment are my favorite type to do.

We are getting married September 14th :goodvibes
If you're ever in Boise or rexburg....let me know!:thumbsup2

winkers
02-12-2012, 07:09 PM
gorgeous gorgeous shots, gorgeous gorgeous baby!!!!!!!!!!!

When are you coming west again my friend? Bowling anytime soon?
So far the bowling tournaments are on the east side, which my bank account appreciates! I will be flying out of seattle though!

Hi Cherie just catching up!!! Any word on Jordan's 2013 trip?????
Nope...I haven't heard anything....all I know is he's still planning peepfeast in june 2013

We are getting married September 14th :goodvibes
If you're ever in Boise or rexburg....let me know!:thumbsup2

Exciting! I drive through Boise a couple of times a year on my way to Utah.

englishrose47
02-12-2012, 10:24 PM
It's been a while but this one is for D Jay

http://i347.photobucket.com/albums/p480/4everdavids/funny%20pics/small_510792.jpg

winkers
02-13-2012, 12:05 PM
It's been a while but this one is for D Jay

http://i347.photobucket.com/albums/p480/4everdavids/funny%20pics/small_510792.jpg

:lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao:

nebo
02-14-2012, 05:49 PM
That was incredible how much time the characters spent with all of you and all the pictures with them even taking some,,,,, that's amazing.
Heck, I can't even get my own wife to spend that much time with me.

But Cherie, I really want to hear from your own mouth if you like Disneyland, and how it compares to DWorld,,,I've never been there, but looking at park maps of Disneyland,,, boy, it seems like it's much much, more crowded with rides and stuff packed in much tighter.