PDA

View Full Version : Embassy Suites, International Drive

Pink Princess
03-26-2011, 08:41 AM
Hi all, has anyone ever stayed at the Embassy Suites?

We're thinking of staying there on our next visit across the pond so would love to hear any reviews.

Thanks

John Tag
03-26-2011, 04:39 PM
Yes, We stayed at the 1 on I Drive and Jamica CT. Great place and big rooms. Very clean and breakfeast buffet was awesome, the also include eggs cooked to order ect. Location was also good almost middle I drive,easy walk to mini golf many rest, Ripleys ect ect. :thumbsup2

DOOM1001
03-26-2011, 09:05 PM
There's actually two on International Drive probably no more than a mile apart.I've stayed at the Jamaican ct location and I don't have any
negatives about it.The other location on I Drive is just a bit south closer to the convention center.

Pink Princess
03-29-2011, 07:52 AM
Thanks both for your replies. We've had a little get together & we have decided to book to stay at the Embassy Suite's by the Convention Centre. We're not going until May 2012 so plenty of time to get excited :)

We've stayed at an Embassy in Fort Lauderdale for a couple of night's before a cruise & enjoyed it, fingers crossed that the Orlando one live's up to our memories!

Mickey527
03-30-2011, 11:23 PM
I have stayed at the Embassy Suites Lake Buena Vista and loved it. The bfst is great and we always pick up chips and dips, cheese etc for the manager's reception each night. It is nice to sit and enjoy a few "free" drinks while the kids swim and just eat junk food for dinner.
the Lake Buena Vista Embassy Suites is just down the street from DTD, not walking distance but only 5 minutes to DTD via car. They do have a bus to the parks, not sure if the others near International Drive do.

momtoejanda
03-30-2011, 11:40 PM
We stayed at the convention center one last month. It was fine. Pool is extremely small, breakfast was good, everyone was friendly.

dpratt68
04-10-2011, 08:56 PM
which is closer to Universal?

DOOM1001
04-10-2011, 09:38 PM
which is closer to Universal?

The Jamaican ct location is closer,but not by that much.

Pikester
04-16-2011, 10:01 AM
I have stayed at the Embassy Suites Lake Buena Vista and loved it. The bfst is great and we always pick up chips and dips, cheese etc for the manager's reception each night. It is nice to sit and enjoy a few "free" drinks while the kids swim and just eat junk food for dinner.
the Lake Buena Vista Embassy Suites is just down the street from DTD, not walking distance but only 5 minutes to DTD via car. They do have a bus to the parks, not sure if the others near International Drive do.

We stayed at this one for our Feb 2011 Universal trip. We only stayed for two nights before switching to a the Royal Pacific Resort but we loved it more then the RPR! The breakfast is awesome as well as the manger's reception. Free drinks, chips, popcorn made my husband's night. We also ate dinner at the hotel and had lunch there the next day. Food was pretty good. The pool is an indoor/outdoor with the outdoor being a little bigger. Hot tub was nice too. We had a room on the Sixth floor which was so cool. We liked being able to visit DTD for a few hours. I was able to shop and DH took the kids on a bus ride to one of the Monorail resorts so they could ride the monorail.

PirateLass
07-15-2011, 07:34 PM
Glad to see all the great reviews! :goodvibes I prefer to stay onsite at Disney but my next trip is during peak season and we have six people in our party so onsite was not really and option. :sad2: But now I am more excited to stay at the Embassy Suites :thumbsup2

horseshowmom
07-15-2011, 09:34 PM
Yes, We stayed at the 1 on I Drive and Jamica CT. Great place and big rooms. Very clean and breakfeast buffet was awesome, the also include eggs cooked to order ect. Location was also good almost middle I drive,easy walk to mini golf many rest, Ripleys ect ect. :thumbsup2

I've also stayed at both and liked each of them fine. Of course, the breakfast is great (how can you lose with made to order omelets and a hot breakfast bar with french toast, etc? :)

We stayed at the convention center one last month. It was fine. Pool is extremely small, breakfast was good, everyone was friendly.

Unless it has changed since I was there, the Convention Center location has two pools - one indoor and one out. The Jamaican Court location has one pool that is both indoor and outdoor (a swim through).

Glad to see all the great reviews! :goodvibes I prefer to stay onsite at Disney but my next trip is during peak season and we have six people in our party so onsite was not really and option. :sad2: But now I am more excited to stay at the Embassy Suites :thumbsup2

Embassy Suites breakfasts are GREAT (as mentioned before), but 6 people may be crowded. You might want to look at the Staybridge Suites on I Drive (or in Lake Buena Vista). They have large 2BR/2BA suites at good rates (check the thread on this board with the Friends and Family rate for really good prices). They do have a hot breakfast, but, of course it doesn't compare with ES!

Pikester
07-15-2011, 09:46 PM
The Homewood Suites http://homewoodsuites1.hilton.com/en_US/hw/hotel/MCOVSHW-Homewood-Suites-by-Hilton-Lake-Buena-Vista-Orlando-Florida/index.do are right down the road too and they also have two bedroom suites with a pullout sofa in the livingroom area. They are part of the Hilton Group which Embassy Suites is part of. They too have the breakfasts but the manager's reception is only Monday through Thursday, I think.

jms920
07-16-2011, 07:37 PM
Do any of the Embassy Suites in Orlando charge a resort fee or/and parking fees?

Pikester
07-16-2011, 08:07 PM
Do any of the Embassy Suites in Orlando charge a resort fee or/and parking fees?

The one we stayed at here http://www.embassysuiteslbv.com/accommodations.htm Had free parking and no resort fee. Just the taxes.

horseshowmom
07-19-2011, 01:25 AM

I've stayed at 2 out of the 3, and none of them did. I doubt seriously that the other one does either.

kathy884
07-19-2011, 04:22 AM
Trip Advisor is a great place to find reviews written by regular people. Here's a link to the reviews for the property you're considering. It looks like people love this property.

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g34515-d85342-Reviews-Embassy_Suites_Hotel_Orlando_International_Drive_C onvention_Center-Orlando_Florida.html