myosotisd
03-26-2011, 02:44 AM
cici's deal today on groupon
$6 for two buffets valid in six locations in Orlando
great deal

http://gr.pn/fIu7Yy

ahmo
03-26-2011, 02:56 AM
Thank you! :goodvibes Will be buying one!

arthur06
03-26-2011, 10:08 AM
We ate at a CiCi's in Orlando a few years back...terrible!

We tried it again, this time in Rochester, MN, and it was pretty good.

I guess two buffets for $6, shouldn't exactly expect greatness!

Deb123
03-26-2011, 03:33 PM
Just bought 3 of these as paying $12 for our family of 4 is a really great deal. Anyone ever used these? I'm hoping that me and 1 son can go in, use one. And then paying seperately, my husband and our other son can then come in behind us and use theirs. We can sit near each other, if we have to. First time using Groupons.:confused3

MIChessGuy
03-26-2011, 06:58 PM
I went to the Cici's in suburban Detroit a few years ago. It was okay. If you observe a fairly tight travel budget, I think it's worth a visit. The review at mousesavers.com prefers the Palm Parkway location.

~Mandy~
03-26-2011, 08:15 PM
We went there last year when visiting FL and thought it was fine. Fine dining? heck no! But it was decent pizza and a great price and FAST.

We'll probably visit again this year but I didn't do the Groupon since last year there were 2 for 1 coupons all over the coupon books -- hopefully they are still around this year!

Art 1
03-26-2011, 08:36 PM
Why don't you go dumpster diving, you'll eat better and save the six dollars.

:lmao: Some of the worst food I've tried.

bucsfan1029
03-26-2011, 09:51 PM
I've never been to the one in Orlando, but have been to the restaurants in Tampa and they aren't very good. I'd just go online and get a coupon from Pizza Hut instead...

aras4007
03-27-2011, 09:51 AM
Just bought 3 of these as paying $12 for our family of 4 is a really great deal. Anyone ever used these? I'm hoping that me and 1 son can go in, use one. And then paying seperately, my husband and our other son can then come in behind us and use theirs. We can sit near each other, if we have to. First time using Groupons.:confused3

You can still sit together. You just pay at the counter separate and you seat yourself anywhere. They don't care!

Orlando Vic
03-27-2011, 10:21 AM

I am amazed at the number of people here who think this is "good food" and try to persuade others that these kinds of restaurants represent a good place to eat. It's cheap and filling - no more. Is this how you eat at home?

DanenRox
03-27-2011, 10:50 AM
We eat at CiCi's everytime we visit Orlando. It's pizza and salad, it's quick and it's filling and yes, it's cheap. After eating in the parks for a week and spending $40 on a burger and french fry lunch, CiCi's is a valid alternative, particularly if you have children. If you've ever eaten at any fast food restaurant you are then prepared for the quality of CiCi's.

dtum
03-27-2011, 12:31 PM
Bought 3 of these yesterday. Going with the whole family in June. We aren't "foodies" and DD's family lives on a very tight budget. This is a great deal for a whole meal. We go there here for pizza and I don't see why everyone is dissing it. Do you really think kids care if you pay $3 for a pizza buffet or they get one slice for the same price? It's a fine place for a quick meal that everyone will eat. JMHO

Sunny37
03-27-2011, 01:00 PM

Is this even necessary? If you can't say something nice...:sad2:

Thanks, OP!

Sunny37
03-27-2011, 01:15 PM
It's because I care about you guys and I don't want you to get diarrhea. Also, I'm philosophically opposed to universal health care as long as you people are stuffing yourselves with this garbage because its "cheap and filling." In the end we all pay for your $3 buffets.

Whatever...must be tough being you. :rotfl2:

rachel09985
03-27-2011, 01:22 PM
LOL. This thread is making me laugh because we just got back from CiCi's pizza...haha! The last time I went to one was like around 2 years and then it was actually good...This time not so much!!! The only thing that i actually liked was the pizza and breadsticks and brownies.

the one I used to go to in Columbus Ohio had salad buffet with all kinds of toppings. This one had premade salad with ranch and bacon bits. It was nasty. The columbus one used to have alfredo sauce with noodles also. That was good.

It was gross but we are sick of eating out and spending 30 plus dollars so we went cheap.

DawnM
03-27-2011, 01:25 PM
I am so glad you posted this.....I HATE pre-made salads!

DH hates Cici's and I have only been to one once, but the kids like it so I thought maybe I would do it, but not after what you posted.

We will pay more and go to Sweet Tomatoes.

Dawn

LOL. This thread is making me laugh because we just got back from CiCi's pizza...haha! The last time I went to one was like around 2 years and then it was actually good...This time not so much!!! The only thing that i actually liked was the pizza and breadsticks and brownies.

the one I used to go to in Columbus Ohio had salad buffet with all kinds of toppings. This one had premade salad with ranch and bacon bits. It was nasty. The columbus one used to have alfredo sauce with noodles also. That was good.

It was gross but we are sick of eating out and spending 30 plus dollars so we went cheap.

Sunny37
03-27-2011, 01:40 PM
Yeah its a real chore making sure my kids eat food fit for human consumption. Have fun waddling around the parks, k?

IT just gets better and better, doesn't it? Are you a jerk in real life too or only when you have anonymity? Oh, never mind, I *think* I already know the answer! :rotfl:

dtum
03-27-2011, 01:50 PM
I am so glad you posted this.....I HATE pre-made salads!

DH hates Cici's and I have only been to one once, but the kids like it so I thought maybe I would do it, but not after what you posted.

We will pay more and go to Sweet Tomatoes.

Dawn

Going to Sweet Tomaotes too. Great place, but SIN won't eat salad or soup so we have to go places to that make everyone happy. DD is looking forward to Sweet Tomatoes and I'm hoping to get a coupon before we go.

Sunny37
03-27-2011, 01:58 PM

Been a while since we've been to a Cici's...DH likes it, me, not so much. Have they all gone to the pre-made salads? I agree, they ARE gross!

kimmyann
03-27-2011, 02:05 PM
We ate at the one in Orlando last year, with the coupons from the hotel we only paid $25 for the five of us. The salad was good, wasn't a ranch dressing salad. The pizza was okay, I wouldn't spend more for it, but it served it's purpose.

About the person saying it is so horrible you might as well dumpster dive & also made references to health care... Do you really think ANY food you are consuming from ANY fast food place or restaurant is healthy?:confused3

Sunny37
03-27-2011, 02:28 PM
We ate at the one in Orlando last year, with the coupons from the hotel we only paid $25 for the five of us. The salad was good, wasn't a ranch dressing salad. The pizza was okay, I wouldn't spend more for it, but it served it's purpose.

About the person saying it is so horrible you might as well dumpster dive & also made references to health care... Do you really think ANY food you are consuming from ANY fast food place or restaurant is healthy?:confused3

ITA I mean, we dine at Shula's when at WDW--not cheap, and definitely not healthy! ;)

kimmyann
03-27-2011, 03:50 PM
Yes, it had occurred to me that all fast food is putrid for your health.

My point was that if it also happens to taste as putrid as Cici's pizza, and you still savor it, you might be a special kind of numbskull.

Shula's = tastes really good, and may be worth the occasional salty splurge. Cici's = tastes like Meat Loaf's underwear, go somewhere else.

I actually can't even come up with anything for this post except maybe...sad.:sad2: I'm not really understanding your insulting views.

Sunny37
03-27-2011, 04:11 PM
I actually can't even come up with anything for this post except maybe...sad.:sad2: I'm not really understanding your insulting views.

It's been my experience that people who behave in this manner are unhappy in some aspect of their lives. :thumbsup2 All the OP did was find a great value and shared it with us. We are free to take it or leave it, so I'm not understanding why the insults are necessary. :confused3

Threxix
03-27-2011, 05:06 PM
Yes, it had occurred to me that all fast food is putrid for your health.

My point was that if it also happens to taste as putrid as Cici's pizza, and you still savor it, you might be a special kind of numbskull.

Shula's = tastes really good, and may be worth the occasional salty splurge. Cici's = tastes like Meat Loaf's underwear, go somewhere else.

Yes we get it. Now troll on off.

Threxix
03-27-2011, 05:27 PM
Someone with 16 posts pulling the troll card. Adorable.

Enjoy your slop, I'll move along.

It's called trolling when you throw out comments on a thread negatively. You have an opinion and your entitled. You gave it and gave it etc. Clearly we know how you feel. Why keep bringing it up? The Royal Duke wants to show the peons how great he is. Enjoy it. Im sure in your world you are a very important person.

DanenRox
03-27-2011, 07:11 PM
Nice job moderator!