PDA

View Full Version : Caribe Royale or Wyndham Lake BV? Help me Choose

IdesOmarch
03-25-2011, 11:11 AM
Hello all doing some planning, I ran across some great deals, Whyndham Lake Buena Vista, looks like it has a great pool with waterfall etc., for only $75 a night (that is dirt cheap), then Caribe Royale looks like an even better pool, very nice looking on the internet anyway for $130. Has anyone stayed at both of these, or even one and can you give your opinions. Saving over $50 a night would be nice if these hotels were comparable. THese looked to me to be the most economic hotels with the best pools I've found, not counting Sheraton Vistana Villages, which I'm also considering at $126. Thanks in Advance.

WDWisTheBest
03-25-2011, 11:15 AM
Hello all doing some planning, I ran across some great deals, Whyndham Lake Buena Vista, looks like it has a great pool with waterfall etc., for only $75 a night (that is dirt cheap), then Caribe Royale looks like an even better pool, very nice looking on the internet anyway for $130. Has anyone stayed at both of these, or even one and can you give your opinions. Saving over $50 a night would be nice if these hotels were comparable. THese looked to me to be the most economic hotels with the best pools I've found, not counting Sheraton Vistana Villages, which I'm also considering at $126. Thanks in Advance.

I think you will find favorable reviews on both hotels in various threads here.
If you can get the Wyndham LBV for $75/night, I would suggest you put that first on your list.

IdesOmarch
03-25-2011, 11:25 AM
Thanks, it did look like a nice hotel for only $75. I think area hotel prices are down because of being in competition with the Disney and Universal hotels. Some of these area cheap hotels look as nice as some of the Disney Deluxes, at least on the internet, and you're talking the difference between $75 or $130 a night compared to $300 plus per night.

2BoysMom
04-04-2011, 10:26 PM
I have not stayed at the Wyndham before, but have stayed at Caribe Royale in their 2 bedroom Villas. We were beyond delighted when we saw the suite. Larger than apartments that I have had in my youth!
Nicely decorated, tons of room, comfortable beds, jacuzzi tub, full kitchen. My twin boys LOVED the pool.
We are going back to WDW on May 8th and we are now a family of 5 with an Aunt joining us, so I am trying to figure out if staying at the Caribe again might be better than 2 rooms at POFQ (which we love) or the cabins at Ft. Wilderness.
Every Wednesday, the Caribe Royale comes out with special deals, so I am waiting until this Wednesday to see what I can get.
We are "on-site" kind of people, but we did love the 2 bedroom at CR.

Lewisc
04-05-2011, 08:14 AM
Check parking fees and resort fees before you make your decision. Transportation from the DTD hotels is pretty good. I'd go with the Wyndham if you're planning on taking a bus to the parks

codimouse
04-05-2011, 03:45 PM
I just booked Caribe using the mousesavers rate for our upcoming June trip.
This is our 2nd stay. The rooms are great, the pools are fabulous.
You will not be disappointed. I find it more luxurious than some of the onsite hotels and of course it is closer to parks than many of the onsites.