PDA

View Full Version : Best & cheapest car rental at airport?

leahjade
03-23-2011, 07:15 PM
We want something at the airport not having to take shuttles and wait hours. Thanks!

usnuzuloose
03-23-2011, 08:52 PM
I guess it would all depend on when you are flying in. I would check rates online or call. And it all depends what type of vehicle you want to rent.

KKB
03-30-2011, 09:29 PM
I use Dollar, sign up for their "frequent flier" deal & go straight to the garage & not wait in the line.
I NEVER take a shuttle and RARELY rent a car in Vegas. Cabs are quickest.

jlima
04-09-2011, 10:25 PM
Everyone has to take a shuttle. The rental car facility is not on airport property. This opened about 2 years ago. My mom was in town when it opened; she rented her car at the airport but had to return it to the new facility and got very confused!

http://www.mccarran.com/03_CarRentals.aspx

I would rent something on Priceline for the best price.

Have fun planning your trip!

ykmom
04-11-2011, 06:29 PM
We used alamo and it was great. It is one shuttle. We originally booked with FOX but learned that it was 2 shuttles - one to the rental facility and one from there to FOX, so I would not recommend them.

VAN
04-27-2011, 02:17 PM
We will be in Vegas for 6 nights in December. I've already booked a compact ... we normally go with National, but are holding three reservations using existing discount contract IDs and coupons:

National $216
Alamo $199
Budget $181

Both Alamo and National are owned by Enterprise and, basically, operate as one company. I will continue to periodically check the rates, as I normally can get a one-week compact for that same week each year at about $150.

Compare that to my upcoming 1 week rental in Orlando at $88 !!!

And, yes, you need to take the shuttle to the car rental facility off-site as mentioned above.

A different market and we will be there the week of the National Rodeo Finals.

LCARDVERO
05-14-2011, 05:05 PM
We used Budget - use BCD#W852810 I also googled and found a discount code for $25.00 off. The total for a midzise car was $144/week total incl taxes.