PDA

View Full Version : Hula Dog...hotdogs with Hawaiian flair

jimmytammy
03-23-2011, 01:50 PM
We just ate there based on Orlando Attractions article. It has been open for about 5 weeks. It is on Intl. Dr. near Wet N Wild.
Hotdogs are Boars Head, sauces are homemade I think, which compliments the dogs and bread is def. not store bought. Bread is amazing! Put it all together for a very unique taste. Sauces and condiments are varied enough to create many different tasting dogs. Go hungry as these things are huge. It is cash only but 3 of us ate for $22 which included drinks.
If you have transportation and can take a few mins. out of your trip, give it a try.

I suggested to the owner to check out Disboards for future advertising as it would reach a core audience. Hopefully, we will see him here one day.

Gr8t Fan
03-23-2011, 02:51 PM
Wow, thanks for the review. We'll have to stop there during our August visit. I'm always craving good hotdogs when we're in Orlando!

CampbellScot
03-23-2011, 04:13 PM
That is fantastic news!ever since I saw the Anthony Bordain Hawaii episode where they ate at Puka dog, I been wanting try a Hawaiian style hot dog! The fact that have a veggie dog is even better! It's more about the sweet bread and sauces for me! :cool1:

DisneyWisher
03-23-2011, 04:19 PM
Makes me think of Hot Dog Paradise on Travel Channel where the restaurant was in Hawaii but I thought sounds good. Thanks for the tip.

Audria407
03-25-2011, 12:02 AM
I agree, it's a great place for a different style of hot dog. Very tasty, and I'm all for the fact that they buy from local business owners! Here is their website: http://thehuladog.com/

gymboqueenkaylee
03-26-2011, 11:03 AM
thanks for the review. we will have to check that out when we go down there in a few weeks!!

a1tinkfans
03-26-2011, 12:53 PM
Okay OP, you have made me want a hotdog :rotfl:
Pictures "may" have worked for me...:rotfl:

SouthernExplorer
03-26-2011, 03:04 PM
I usually don't go for hot dogs, but when I saw Hawaiian Sweet Bread, well I might just have to give this place a shot.

Thanks for the review.