PDA

View Full Version : Hotels near Busch Gardens plus a great family beach?

mellowme
03-22-2011, 04:55 PM
Hi everyone,

I'm just wondering if you have any suggestions for a great area/hotel for us to stay in that's located near Busch Gardens and a family friendly beach?

Clearwater Beach was suggested to me. Are there more options than this?

Thanks in advance. :)

arthur06
03-22-2011, 05:25 PM
Hi everyone,

I'm just wondering if you have any suggestions for a great area/hotel for us to stay in that's located near Busch Gardens and a family friendly beach?

Clearwater Beach was suggested to me. Are there more options than this?

Thanks in advance. :)

Of Course there other options, personally we love Siesta Key. I think it was voted #2 beach in Florida on Travel Channels Top 10 Florida Beaches.

The sand is like baby powder many shops and restaurants close by. Also, check out Yoder's in Sarasota if you go to Siesta...Fabulous!

iloveokw
03-23-2011, 01:36 PM
Love the Embassy Suites near Busch Gardens...have stayed there two different trips. The Sheraton at Clearwater Beach was very nice.

cjdj4
03-23-2011, 06:22 PM
Lived in Tampa for the last 16 years and that Embassy Suites is nice. Just be careful because Busch Gardens is not in the nicest area of town. This is not the area you would want to get a budget motel ;) Feel free to PM me about specific hotels or address in Tampa.

I also second Siesta Key. It is gorgeous. :)

bucsfan1029
03-23-2011, 07:44 PM
I agree, other than Embassy Suites and maybe 1 or 2 other hotels in the university area, don't stay near Busch Gardens. I'd go with a hotel on the beach and just make the drive to Busch Gardens for the day. There's alot more to do around the beaches compared to the BG area anyways.

mellowme
03-27-2011, 02:22 PM
Thanks so much for your suggestions everyone.

We have decided to go to Disneyland this year. I will definitely refer to your suggestions when we do decide to go to Disneyworld.

lewiseagle
03-28-2011, 04:28 PM
Nature reserve, this hotel is located in the Tampa Oaks company next to the Park, lettuce Lake Busch Gardens, Adventure Island and 6 miles within 2 miles of the University of South Florida.

katyjeka
02-15-2013, 01:48 PM
We spent a few days in December at St. Pete beach. It was gorgeous and the water was so crystal clear. We found an abundance of seashells. We also visited Honeymoon island. It was a very natural beach, with beautiful water and a lot of shells as well. They also had a nice playground for the kids and beautiful areas to walk. We spent evenings at Clearwater. We loved all the entertainment, boardwalk and movie under the stars.