PDA

View Full Version : Sheraton Vistana Rooms - what's the story?

marvel
03-18-2011, 07:19 AM
Ok, now I am confused. On the dreams unlimited link above, the sheraton vistana rooms look quite average, price is good around $149 including housekeeping. But if you go on the official sheraton website and the rooms look fantastic, completely different, much more luxurious. Price around $200.

So what is the story, I cannot find anything on the boards to suggest that there are different levels of rooms? could someone please advise.

Are the rooms available directly via sheraton of a different standard or in a different section? It's very confusing to say the least.

I have read the threads saying that the whole resort has been totally remodelled and i am deciding b/w this, hilton and bonnett creek, and the different photos is doing my head in. :eek:

DisMomAmy
03-18-2011, 07:32 AM
The pictures on Dreams Unlimited look like they were taken before the renovations were done. I believe the entire resort is finished being renovated with the exception of the Courts section that they were working on when I was there a few weeks ago. I just posted pictures of our villa in the Fountains section in my TR (link below). The rooms are beautiful!

There are also pictures of our villa in the Lakes section from last year in my TR titled, "Mom, this is like a whole new Disney".

solstice621
03-26-2011, 12:01 PM
I have questions similar to the OP. What is the best way to book this place? We are also considering the Hilton DD and are so confused at this point!

marvel
03-27-2011, 07:26 AM
hey solstice, I didn't get much info from my post, but i found a good link via allears which gives you a discount rate as well as discount on dining, i haven't booked yet as I am tossing up between this and bonnet creek.

Let me know if you get any clearer info. :)

blizzard29
03-27-2011, 01:27 PM
Ok, now I am confused. On the dreams unlimited link above, the sheraton vistana rooms look quite average, price is good around $149 including housekeeping. But if you go on the official sheraton website and the rooms look fantastic, completely different, much more luxurious. Price around $200.

So what is the story, I cannot find anything on the boards to suggest that there are different levels of rooms? could someone please advise.

Are the rooms available directly via sheraton of a different standard or in a different section? It's very confusing to say the least.

I have read the threads saying that the whole resort has been totally remodelled and i am deciding b/w this, hilton and bonnett creek, and the different photos is doing my head in. :eek:

I saw that too! I looked on their website and they wanted 200.00 per night vs. another website I found which I cannot remember at this minute but will find it! for only 127.00 per night? I think it was BJ's?126.00 a nite?? not sure but saw some rooms were not remodeled and people said it was a crapshoot and some of the rooms were not nice! ugh. I like the look of it also but if I am stuck in a moldy old room I am hesitant to stay for a week!:eek:

DisMomAmy
03-27-2011, 01:47 PM
All of the rooms should be remodeled by now. They were working on the last section when I was there last month. You could call to confirm that but there shouldn't be any rooms in bad condition.

LC30
03-27-2011, 02:02 PM
We've stayed there using my sister's condo which is super nice. And then renting it via the discounted rate. When we were in the discounted rate room, we were in a non remodeled unit. The room smelled musty and mildy. And sometimes we can smell cigarette smoke even though the property is non smoking. The bathroom was dirty, a panel on the bathtub had fallen off. One of the mirrors was cracked in the bathroom, one of the ac vents was broken and our neighbors upstairs came in around 11:45. We could hear them dragging chairs from room to room, opening and closing drawers till about 3:00 a.m. And we Needless to say, we had to call front desk. They moved us to another unit the next morning, a remodeled unit. Completely different experience. This was only 1 experience we had. We've stayed at the Sheraton Vistana Resort and Villages 4 other times through the Starwood Timeshare. All other experiences has been completely positive and we do love the property. Always ask for a remodeled unit. I'm not sure if all buildings are now remodeled.

marvel
03-28-2011, 03:33 AM
thanks for the info, i think i will have to contact the resort themselves, tried asking dreamsunlimited but they couldn't give me the information, referred me to someone else in their company which was too much effort to locate.