PDA

View Full Version : Champions World Hotel?

mrsabbott
03-16-2011, 08:31 AM
So, yes.. I am planning next years vacation. If you ask me, planning a vacation is the next best thing to actually taking a vacation! :)

Due to a variety of reasons, our dream of having the full Disney Resort experience just isn't going to happen. It's all about budget!

When we go, we will be a family of 6. Our kids will be 7, 5, 3, and 5-8 months (depending on which month we end up taking our vacation). I've been to Disney with a baby and it's no sweat to me! :)

Price will be an issue and most budget places don't fit our family size. I did find a place called Champions World Hotel that has rooms to fit our family, heated pool, good location, and the rooms are being remodelled. I've read many mixed reviews. The price is definately right, especially through priceline.

I couldn't find any reviews on here through the search forums button, so I thought I'd ask if anyone has been there recently or heard of any recent experiences. Is it okay? Safe? Clean? Good value?

I'd like to have a couple of off site options that are possibilities for us.

JennSaint
03-16-2011, 12:17 PM
We just stayed at Bahama Bay Resort in a 3 bedroom condo. Very nice resort which you can rent direct from owners on www.vrbo.com. Prices are about $60-$90 per night. It may be a little further out than some other places but it was such a nice place to return to at the end of the day. 4 pools, restaurant etc all on property. Check out the reviews on tripadvisor. I just wrote one myself. About 15 mins to Animal Kingdom and about 20-25 mins to other parks. Staying onsite at Disney can be great but on a budget this place is so nice! Also taking Disney buses can take at least that long when you include wait times anyway. I have always stayed on property when visiting the Disney parks but Bahama Bay has me rethinking my future visits.

John Tag
03-17-2011, 05:53 PM
We almost stayed there, But after speaking to a friend who returned from a visit there we were told NOT too. Place was far over rated,Dirty thru hotel and lack of many things not that it mattered but pool was never heated during there stay and found issues daily. Needless to say they changed to Clarion Inn for there final 2 night and said it was a 180* diffrence. I also looked at reviews too and those 2 jumped out.

There was also a few good comments thru this site on Clarion so we booked in Feb for our trip thru Travelosity. They have great deals and at times $30-50 range.

Something we also do to save on roll aways..Most hotels are $10-15 a night. We found twin air mattresses with elec pumps for $20 local. Kids love the idea of camp out style nights in hotel.

Dax
03-21-2011, 10:06 AM
RUN AWAY from this hotel...

My FIL and BIL are just finishing up a stay at this resort...IT IS NASTY! The rooms are musty smelling. The "heated pool" has been closed more than its open. The walls are thin, the gounds are dirty. Everything about this place is a disaster...please, please, please, look for something else..

loveysbydesign
03-21-2011, 10:18 AM
You can rent a really nice condo through homeaway.com or vrbo.com for under $70 a night!

Shelly F - Ohio
03-23-2011, 09:11 AM
What price range are you looked to spend for a hotel?

So, yes.. I am planning next years vacation. If you ask me, planning a vacation is the next best thing to actually taking a vacation! :)

Due to a variety of reasons, our dream of having the full Disney Resort experience just isn't going to happen. It's all about budget!

When we go, we will be a family of 6. Our kids will be 7, 5, 3, and 5-8 months (depending on which month we end up taking our vacation). I've been to Disney with a baby and it's no sweat to me! :)

Price will be an issue and most budget places don't fit our family size. I did find a place called Champions World Hotel that has rooms to fit our family, heated pool, good location, and the rooms are being remodelled. I've read many mixed reviews. The price is definately right, especially through priceline.

I couldn't find any reviews on here through the search forums button, so I thought I'd ask if anyone has been there recently or heard of any recent experiences. Is it okay? Safe? Clean? Good value?

I'd like to have a couple of off site options that are possibilities for us.

spiceycat
03-23-2011, 01:55 PM
wyndham bonnet creek 2-bedroom should work for your family.

wbc also has some transportation - which is nice for a big family - especially if everyone does not want to stick together.

if you don't need transportation - then Sheraton Vistana Resort - again 2-bedroom

this is a sponsor on the Dis and they do have some nice prices for offsite

http://www.dreamsunlimitedtravel.com/