PDA

View Full Version : advice/info needed on renting a house near Disney

calablovedisney
03-15-2011, 08:18 PM
Today, I am helping a friend do some research and since I have always got the best information from all you disers I knew just where to go. My friend is coming from France and is thinking of renting a house near Disney. They will stay for 10 days and visit Disney parks as well as Universal and maybe Seaworld. She mentioned finding a house in Clermont... Florida vacation villas.
I am wondering if anyone has rented a house and knows which areas would be best and who to rent from?? What is an expected/good rate.

And if anyone thinks there is a better option I would welcome any and all advice.
thanks so much.

disneysteve
03-15-2011, 09:24 PM
We've rented homes multiple times. All of them have been in Kissimmee and all have been within 10 minutes of Disney property. There are no rentals close to Sea World and Universal because that is a different county and they have different short-term rental regulations.

Personally, we've rented in Windsor Palms a few times and in Lindfields a few times. Windsor Palms is newer, closer and a bit more costly.

As for price, it depends a lot on size of home, amenities and season. We've paid under $100/night for a 3-bedroom pool home.

The websites to check out are vrbo.com and homeaway.com.

At World's End
03-16-2011, 06:02 PM
We have rented at Legacy Park which is in Davenport, south of Clermont. This area is about 25 minutes from WDW (in January with no traffic), farther to Universal and Sea World. Depending on the time of year, the drive time could me much longer. The rental prices are lower in this area, but keep in mind the time for commuting. We've rented a 5 br pool home for $130/nt including pool heat and we've rented a 3br townhome for $65/nt, both times in January and directly through the owner.

Here is a map with area subdivisions. http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?ie=UTF8&t=h&hl=en&msa=0&msid=110562778588256174172.000453baef0290954cc04&ll=28.272032,-81.608849&spn=0.068335,0.11055&z=13

I would look at vrbo.com for areas like Emerald Island/Indian Creek/Formosa Gardens if she wants a pool home. If a townhouse with a pool, or a condo would work, you can't get much closer (5 minutes to Animal Kingdom) than Windsor Hills/Crestwynd Bay/Windsor Palms. Comparing the rates for these places will give her an idea if she is getting a good rate in Clermont, but I think you will find better rates directly through the owners.

Frothy
03-16-2011, 08:04 PM
We have always used one of the longest established vacation management company's in the Orlando area and have always been very happy with the home they have given us. We have looked through lots and lots of websites and seen other homes but we just like the certainty of dealing with the company we deal with. We have a great relationship with them and we always visit at least once a year. They always surprise us with thoughtful treats they put in the house for us. Renting from an owner worries me because what would I do if something isn't quite right with the home? Or if there's something drastically wrong? We use Florida Leisure and they know how to look after guests properly. I've heard a few stories of where it has gone wrong by renting privately and I just think it's too much risk for the small amount of possible savings.

JANNYANS
03-17-2011, 04:46 AM
Frothy -any owner renting their home out needs an agent like the one you use to look after it so if you do have any snags they sort them just like the agency will do for you during your stay in someones home.