PDA

View Full Version : Dolphin or Hilton Bonnet Creek or DTD?

saysay
03-12-2011, 09:47 AM
My friend and I are coming down in July with our 2 princesses ages 5 and 4 for a Magic Kingdom only trip...though I am wondering if we want to add epcot..but for now its just MK.

I have a GREAT deal t the Dolphin and have reservations so room is reserved. Just saw a great deal at the Hilton Hotels which would actually be a bit cheaper, though not much.

Any feedback comparing these 2 as far as convenience for getting to MK? How about pools, its hot in July so we will def be doing some pool time.

Thanks for your feedback. Thinking of staying with Dolphin but wanting to be sure I am not missing something!

travelfanatic
03-12-2011, 11:38 AM
Wow that's a hard choice! I love the Dolphin for it's location as I really like the Epcot resorts. You would have use of Disney transportation and extra magic hours if that matters. The Hilton is also a great location and they do have their transportation but not sure how it compares to Disney as we always drive. The pools would be comparable in my opinion. Both have fabulous pools! Dolphin does offer more options in terms of eating and they do have those heavenly beds! One thing to keep in mind is the parking fees at both hotels and Dolphin has a resort fee that Hilton does not and that will drive the per day price up a good bit. I probably didn't help much but I don't think you could go wrong with either. :) Have fun on your trip!

bluejasmine
03-13-2011, 07:42 AM
Hilton DTD is right across the street from DTD and does participate in EMH and has shuttles. I am staying there for 1 night before we check into the Poly in Sept, we love the DTD hotels for the night before but.. I think Id go with the dolphin just to be in the middle of the magic..

mikehn
03-13-2011, 06:42 PM
If you stay at dolphin, you can walk to epcot and walk to the boardwalk

happymommy
03-14-2011, 05:09 AM
I'd also choose the Dolphin. I LOVE that location. It's so nice to walk to Epcot. And the Boardwalk is so fun. No comparison - it's onsite without the onsite price.

The pool at the Dolphin is very nice. They have a little place where you can get food and drinks there as well, and it's convenient to toss in a load of laundry while someone watches the kids at the pool (get 2 things done at once). I also think their little cafeteria place for casual dining is nice - they have family dinners and such, not too expensive, basic food.

You'll also have a fridge in the room and a coffee maker. So you can get juice/milk/water to keep cool (you'll need it in the summer!).

ascardino
03-14-2011, 12:38 PM
Agree with much of what has been posted. One thing that wasn't mentioned is that the HBC has a fantastic lazy river pool. We went with my two DDs last June and they LOVED the pool :love:as did my DH. They had a "dive in" movie same as the Dolphin. We usually rent a car but if you are relying on transportation (buses/taxis), then the Dolphin may be better for convenience. We also love the Swolphin and stay there often because of the location and accomodations. Great value. Pool has a small slide and waterfall which is also nice as well as a beach playground area. If you stay here, I would definitely go to Epcot and do Kim Possible (although they may be on the young side) and see Duffy the Bear (new) with them.

osprey6
03-14-2011, 02:41 PM
I don't know how good the deal you have is, but both Hiltons are said to regularly turn up on priceline. I'm staying at the one in DTD for $86/night, a deal I got through lastminutetravel.

This will be my first stay, but I'm told that both the DTD Hilton and the Swan/Dolphin have a convention focus, so there may not be as many small kids around, if that's a consideration.

The parking fee at the DTD is $10. You'll get hit for both parking and resort fee at Swan/Dolphin.

funcinderella
03-15-2011, 12:40 PM
Just stayed at the hilton bonnect creek, and was able to get it for 97 per night plus tax and $13 per night parking. (Got it for June @80 per nt.) (lastminutetravel.com) If you can get the dolphin for that, I would absolutely stay at the dolphin. (I like Hilton BC, but for equal price, the Dolphin is in the middle of the magic, like another poster said; can't beat that!)

When I compared for my dates, the Dolphin was like 150 per night. The $50 per night was a big enough difference to make Hilton BC the better choice for me.