PDA

View Full Version : Clearwater Beach or Treasure Island, FL

Licorice
03-11-2011, 02:57 PM
After a trip to DW we plan a few days on the beach. Been to Cocoa and Daytona, but want to try something on the Gulf. Can anybody tell me or recommend where they stayed in Clearwater Beach or Treasure Island FL. Or for that matter, which is preferred. Are the beaches and the resorts the same, or is one more crowed, or does one have better restaurants, etc. I would appreciate any thoughts. We are going in late July.

Thanks

Luvscrappin
03-12-2011, 11:04 PM
Both areas are nice. We usually go to Clearwater every July. I can't recommend a place to stay because we stay in my grandmother's condo, but there are some very nice places ....I think more condos than hotels. Treasure Island is nice too but seems a little more "touristy" Restaurants I love are Post Corner Pizza, Crabby Bill's, Guppy's, and E&E Steakout. The beaches are gorgeous in both areas. Have fun!

marivaid
03-12-2011, 11:55 PM
My favorite area is Sand Key but I've stayed in Treasure Island once and it was lovely also. Loads of tourists though since it's a lot closer to John's Pass and all the touristy stuff there.

alohamom
03-13-2011, 09:00 AM
Do any of you know the drive time to Sand Key and what the parking might be like?

Luvscrappin
03-13-2011, 12:12 PM
Yes, I agree on Sand Key. That is actually where we stay, but usually people are less familiar with that name than Clearwater and they are right next to each other. We can usually make it from Sand Key to Disney in 90 minutes. I think you could find a great condo to stay in sround there more sso than a hotel. You could try Sand Key Realty.

Jenny-momof3
03-14-2011, 12:28 PM
Awesome question OP! We're also looking at these beaches to visit for a few days before our 4th of July trip! :thumbsup2

Hope you don't mind me adding another question...

How do you go about rending a condo at either of these beaches?