PDA

View Full Version : Royal Plaza Downtown Disney?

xbonnie38
03-11-2011, 06:37 AM
Has anyone stayed here? I just got what I think is an awesome deal through travelocity for $303.00 pp for May! for 7 nights ...3 day park hoppers with 4 free days I only paid 296.00 for them so altogether it was 1210.00.. And I am hoping the hotel is nice thats why I am asking if anyone has had any experiences there ,,,some reviews are diecey and nit picking.....Your thoughts?

TIA
Bonnie:cool1:

pinky
03-11-2011, 01:26 PM
DH & I stayed there for a week @ Halloween 2008. We had AP's but found a great rate including upgraded room and free buffet breakfast through Mousesavers about a week before our trip, so I booked it (and cancelled on-site). We requested a king and got it, the room was clean. As DVC members, we're use to balconies. Unfortunately, we could not start each day with coffee on the balcony! The door opens about 3 inches. We were the only ones in the restaurant Friday evening (Halloween), the service was aweful - she was nowhere to be found when you needed something, and the food wasn't that great either. We only went back for breakfasts because they were free. There is a daily resort fee (that is probably not included in your prepayment). We were there during off season, so the bus service wasn't too bad. They pick up/drop off at multiple hotels. One bus may drop off at multiple parks so allow plenty of time, plus they don't drop off where Disney buses unload. We usually just went to DTD and used their buses. They also have time share people in the lobby. Hope this helps!

Princess Disney Mom
03-11-2011, 07:19 PM
We had a room for two nights last august. The bus service was very good. Breakfast was good thebkids were free. The room fit 5 . Pool clean. It is a great value for the price. I would recommend it.

Luvscrappin
03-12-2011, 10:58 PM
We stayed there several years ago and thought it was very nice. I would defintely recomend it and stay there again myself. Sounds like you got a great deal! Have a good time!

Disney DieHard
03-15-2011, 12:00 PM
Hey there Bonnie!

I am going to have to agree with my fellow Disney-ites and say that Royal Plaza is a VERY nice hotel to stay at! You didn't say whether you got a tower room or a garden room but either are very nice. All rooms were fairly recently refurbished and all the staff seem to be friendly! All rooms are basically the same ... the major difference being if you have a tower room you will have a gigantic bathroom that literally echos when you walk into it! :thumbsup2

I think you will be happy staying there as my family and I were and I read a TON of positive reviews ... unlike Wyndham formerly Regal Sun, formerly Grosvenor's which always seems to have VERY polarized reviews with people either loving it or hating it and I always seemed to find more of the latter than the former.

You'll be okay Bonnie! Hakuna Matata! ;):cool2:

Take Care & Be Safe!

Frank
Disney DieHard

xbonnie38
03-15-2011, 03:05 PM
Thank You for the responses this really does ease my mind! We are getting a Standard room so Im not sure what floor it will be on, but trust me Im not shy about asking for a free upgrade cant hurt right and all they can say is No. I am very excited and cant wait to go! Again thank you!

happymommy
03-16-2011, 05:33 AM
If you're just in the room to sleep, then it's fine. Great location.

We stayed there one night before moving to the Dolphin. My kids wanted to swim, and they do not have lifeguards. The pool is just a basic square pool, but my kids enjoyed jumping in and splashing around. I was disappointed as it was summer, and the pool area was filthy. They didn't have the pool bar open, and I had been looking forward to getting a snack while watching my kids.

The room was comfortable - we had a suite (it was just me and my kids that night). We got room service, which was fine (we were wiped out after travel and swimming). No balcony - yes I missed that.

Breakfast buffet was also included in our rate. It was gross to me - I would have skipped it but it was free.

All in all, I'd say if it's just to sleep, it's fine. If you're looking forward to a nice pool, I'd look around a bit more. You can find the Swan/Dolphin for comparable rates often, and they have a super nice pool area. I definitely won't stay there again, but won't say it's so bad that no one should.

We didn't have a resort fee, but this was a few years ago.