PDA

View Full Version : Off-site dining recommendations

MHSweb79
03-10-2011, 01:53 PM
For the first time in many many visits we are staying off-site, at the Staybridge Lake Buena Vista. (Our DD is now 20 years old and the idea of two bedrooms/ two baths for half the price of sharing one room at POFQ was just too good to pass up).

So my question is, where are some good places to eat off Disney property? From what I understand, we'll be about a mile or so away from Downtown Disney so I'm sure we'll hit Earl of Sandwich at least once. My DD and I love Panera and places like that. We also love good Chinese food and good pizza. We want something better than Applebee's quality, but otherwise we are pretty easy to please.

Anyone have some suggestions for reasonably-priced, good tasting food?

Sweet Melissa
03-10-2011, 02:03 PM
These may not be what you're looking for, but the two off-site restaurants that I'm most looking forward to trying are the Bull and Bear (http://www.waldorfastoriaorlando.com/dining/bullandbear/) in the Waldorf Astoria Orlando and La Luce (http://www.laluceorlando.com/) at Bonnet Creek.

princess aleya
03-10-2011, 02:04 PM
For the first time in many many visits we are staying off-site, at the Staybridge Lake Buena Vista. (Our DD is now 20 years old and the idea of two bedrooms/ two baths for half the price of sharing one room at POFQ was just too good to pass up).

So my question is, where are some good places to eat off Disney property? From what I understand, we'll be about a mile or so away from Downtown Disney so I'm sure we'll hit Earl of Sandwich at least once. My DD and I love Panera and places like that. We also love good Chinese food and good pizza. We want something better than Applebee's quality, but otherwise we are pretty easy to please.

Anyone have some suggestions for reasonably-priced, good tasting food?

We are too staying at this hotel for one night before checking into POP. We are getting pizza from Girodano's, I've read here on the boards that its really good Chicago style pizza. A lot of Diser's rave about Millers Ale House. We have never gone but from what I hear it's really good and prices are reasonable.

dismichael
03-10-2011, 02:09 PM
The only place we ate at completely off disney grounds was the Perkins across from one of the entrances lol. It happened to be a good Perkins though :)

CR Resort Fan 4 Life
03-10-2011, 02:17 PM
Some of my families favorite off site restaurants is the Bonefish Grill, The Cheesecake Factory and Sweet Tomatoes.

loveswdw
03-10-2011, 02:51 PM
Here's a somewhat old thread but still lots of good info here:
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=498998

See the list on post #10 for the best/worst. Read through the entire thread for people's opinions. :thumbsup2

cigar95
03-10-2011, 02:59 PM
If you want to splurge a bit and like to eat meat, consider Texas de Brazil, up near Universal. Probably 15-20 different meats. (And a pretty nice salad bar, if you want to fill up and protect yourself from eating too much meat.)

Just make sure you eat an early lunch, and that you don't have any breakfast scheduled the next morning!

TDC Nala
03-10-2011, 03:07 PM
Moving to the Orlando board.