PDA

View Full Version : Judge Mathis

leadfootlevi
03-10-2011, 07:19 AM
So, we're being sued by our neighbor to the tune of $4k. I don't think she has a case, but you never know....

Yesterday we got a letter in the mail from the Judge Mathis show. They will pay her (our neighbor) even if we lose the case. And, they will pay our travel expenses.

Do I care if I'm humiliated on TV? Not really...

Would my neighbor agree to this? Possibly - she'll get paid her $4k whether she wins or loses. She's desperate for money, so I'm thinking she would. On the other hand, I think she just doesn't like us and would take pleasure in taking money from us, so maybe she wouldn't.

What would you do? DH wants to go. I'm not so sure. If we lose, that's $4k out of our pocket. But, I don't think we'll lose. There's always a chance that we'll lose. And, I have been wanting to go to Chicago...

Cheshire Figment
03-10-2011, 07:24 AM
Why not? You will definitely get your 15 minutes of fame. And it will not cost you anything. And the neighbor is guaranteed her money.

firsttimer03
03-10-2011, 07:27 AM
Well, you can look at it this way......free trip?
:woohoo:

leadfootlevi
03-10-2011, 07:36 AM
Why not? You will definitely get your 15 minutes of fame. And it will not cost you anything.

Partly because she would get her $4k and I don't think she deserves it.

Also because I'll be on TV. I don't know if anyone I know watches this show - I just won't tell anyone we're going to be on and maybe no one I know will see it. It's TV and it can be manipulated.

ChelseaC
03-10-2011, 07:39 AM
It depends how good of a case you think you have against her. If you have a lot of evidence on your side, then I'd go. If not, I wouldn't..because I think you have a better chance of not paying the $4k in civil court.

erincon23
03-10-2011, 07:54 AM
I watch too many of these judge shows -- Mathis doesn't seem to be particularly thorough in his questioning. I'd watch the show a couple of times before you decide to do it -- he tends to make an opinion quickly (I think Judge Judy does this too, but she's more likely to make a fair ruling, even if she doesn't like one of the parties). And if you DO go, bring every possible piece of evidence -- videos, receipts, bank statements, whatever makes sense.

DisneyAndRedSox
03-10-2011, 08:19 AM
Ooh... you have to let us know what you decide to do! Good luck in making a decision! :happytv:

mrudman
03-10-2011, 08:26 AM
I would not do it in my opinion...

You say you're sure she does not have a case, but like you said, it's a TV show, and they can always twist things around to make it look as if she (your neighbor), is entitled to that money.

If it's not a cut&dry case, do you really want to chance being out $4000. And I think it's cruddy that she gets the money no matter what... I'd not do it just for that principle alone.

If you lose, you'll be out a lot of money, and if you win, she still wins.. it's a no-lose situation for her.

Sure, it'd be nice to have a few minutes of fame, but it could be bad publicity that could come back to bite you.

And if you're thinking of doing it for the trip to Chicago you'd get out of it.. plan your trip on your own.. could have a super nice trip there for probably 1/4 of that cost.

allison443
03-10-2011, 08:29 AM
I would not do it in my opinion...

You say you're sure she does not have a case, but like you said, it's a TV show, and they can always twist things around to make it look as if she (your neighbor), is entitled to that money.

If it's not a cut&dry case, do you really want to chance being out $4000. And I think it's cruddy that she gets the money no matter what... I'd not do it just for that principle alone.

If you lose, you'll be out a lot of money, and if you win, she still wins.. it's a no-lose situation for her.

Sure, it'd be nice to have a few minutes of fame, but it could be bad publicity that could come back to bite you.

And if you're thinking of doing it for the trip to Chicago you'd get out of it.. plan your trip on your own.. could have a super nice trip there for probably 1/4 of that cost.

I don't think the defendant has to pay the money if the plaintiff wins the case, on these television court shows. I think the show pays the plaintiff.

leadfootlevi
03-10-2011, 08:32 AM
I don't think the defendant has to pay the money if the plaintiff wins the case, on these television court shows. I think the show pays the plaintiff.

That is correct. So, the show would pay her whether she wins or loses. We'd be out $0.

It's tempting because if the judge in conciliation court decides in her favor we're out $4k.:confused3

3pletprincesses
03-10-2011, 08:37 AM
I would do it because $4k is alot of money.

elcodfish
03-10-2011, 08:43 AM
I would do it. A friend of mine was sued and did Judge Judy. The show paid for him and his witness to fly to NYC, 2 meals, paid the settlement (he lost) and flew him home that night. If you go and win, you loose no money and she gets nothing. If you go and loose, you loose nothing and she gets $4000 from the show, not you.

leadfootlevi
03-10-2011, 08:46 AM
I would do it. A friend of mine was sued and did Judge Judy. The show paid for him and his witness to fly to NYC, 2 meals, paid the settlement (he lost) and flew him home that night. If you go and win, you loose no money and she gets nothing. If you go and loose, you loose nothing and she gets $4000 from the show, not you.

I think that statement is incorrect. The show pays her no matter what, I think.

PrincessSuzanne
03-10-2011, 08:53 AM
I watch too many of these judge shows -- Mathis doesn't seem to be particularly thorough in his questioning. I'd watch the show a couple of times before you decide to do it -- he tends to make an opinion quickly (I think Judge Judy does this too, but she's more likely to make a fair ruling, even if she doesn't like one of the parties). And if you DO go, bring every possible piece of evidence -- videos, receipts, bank statements, whatever makes sense.

I have been watching alot of Judge Judy lately and she is pretty tough on most everyone. I don't remember her being that way in the past. I don't think I would want to go before Judge Judy, wether I had a good case or not.

Judge Mathis, on the other hand, seems pretty fair and if I could possibly come out of there having to pay her nothing, I would go just for a free vacation.

Suzanne

mrudman
03-10-2011, 08:57 AM
Ahh, i see.. i misunderstood..

I was under the impression if you lost, you'd be paying her the $4000... if you won, the show would still pay her $4000.

Didn't realize if you lost, the show would pay the $4000, not you.

Hmm, in that case, I might go ahead and do it then.. since you won't be out any money either way.

Kellydelly
03-10-2011, 09:14 AM
So, we're being sued by our neighbor to the tune of $4k. I don't think she has a case, but you never know....

Yesterday we got a letter in the mail from the Judge Mathis show. They will pay her (our neighbor) even if we lose the case. And, they will pay our travel expenses.

Would my neighbor agree to this? Possibly - she'll get paid her $4k whether she wins or loses. She's desperate for money, so I'm thinking she would. On the other hand, I think she just doesn't like us and would take pleasure in taking money from us, so maybe she wouldn't.

What would you do? DH wants to go. I'm not so sure. If we lose, that's $4k out of our pocket. But, I don't think we'll lose. There's always a chance that we'll lose. And, I have been wanting to go to Chicago...

One of you had to have contacted the show, it wasn't you? If it was her she obviously is up for taking her case to the show.

leadfootlevi
03-10-2011, 09:21 AM
One of you had to have contacted the show, it wasn't you? If it was her she obviously is up for taking her case to the show.

No, it never would have crossed my mind to contact a show about this! The letter said they do research on public cases and contact those they think would be good for TV.

melissapealo
03-10-2011, 09:22 AM

You have to submit a case to the show in order to appear on it, so chances are if you got paperwork and didn't submit the case then your neighbor did. If you lose the case then the show pays her, so no money out of your pocket. You also get paid an appearance fee for being on the show.

I think you should consider your case and how good your chances are of winning. Would you want whatever it is aired on tv for all to see and judge? If you don't have any problem with that then your not out anything by going.

I also think going just because you've always wanted to go to Chicago isn't a good reason. Normally your not going to be there long enough to sightsee or enjoy anything. Your going to have 1 night hotel, so is it really worth it?

leadfootlevi
03-10-2011, 09:31 AM
You have to submit a case to the show in order to appear on it, so chances are if you got paperwork and didn't submit the case then your neighbor did. If you lose the case then the show pays her, so no money out of your pocket. You also get paid an appearance fee for being on the show.

I think you should consider your case and how good your chances are of winning. Would you want whatever it is aired on tv for all to see and judge? If you don't have any problem with that then your not out anything by going.

I also think going just because you've always wanted to go to Chicago isn't a good reason. Normally your not going to be there long enough to sightsee or enjoy anything. Your going to have 1 night hotel, so is it really worth it?

I think our chances of winning are good. But, there's always that chance... And I do not want to give her a penny!

I don't have any problems with what will be presented in court. She's the loon - not us!

I haven't always wanted to go to Chicago - we've been. I've just been talking about going back. We don't live that far away.

I've read a little more, and I don't think she'll be paid if she loses. I think she's only paid (by the show) if she wins. That makes it a little easier to swallow (I don't want to see her get a dime!) but I'll be sure to clarify if/when I call the show.

brockash
03-10-2011, 09:33 AM

If you don't think she deserves 4k, than honestly, no I probably wouldn't, just because I wouldn't feel it was right for her to get 4k, even if she lost. What's to stop her from suing someone (or you) again, if she can get a quick 4k, no matter the outcome? So, no I probably wouldn't.

Not to mention, I really don't think I'd want to be on tv, especially for that.

ETA: If you have kids, I'd take that into consideration as well (their possible embarrassment from their family being on tv as well.)

melissapealo
03-10-2011, 09:48 AM
I think our chances of winning are good. But, there's always that chance... And I do not want to give her a penny!

I don't have any problems with what will be presented in court. She's the loon - not us!

I haven't always wanted to go to Chicago - we've been. I've just been talking about going back. We don't live that far away.

I've read a little more, and I don't think she'll be paid if she loses. I think she's only paid (by the show) if she wins. That makes it a little easier to swallow (I don't want to see her get a dime!) but I'll be sure to clarify if/when I call the show.

I'm not sure how the Judge Mathis show works. I used to work with a man that appeared on Judge Judy with a case his ex girlfriend brought against him. She did lose the case, and both of them equally received money from the show. I'd certainly check to see if Judge Mathis works the same way.

I'd also be careful as to what is presented in court. It is a reality tv show and things can be twisted to make the show appear better. It's all about the ratings to the producers, not the actual cases themselves.

It must be hard living next to a neighbor that has problems with you. Either way you decide, it sounds like you'll be going to court. Good luck with everything.

jgreco
03-10-2011, 09:53 AM
I unfortunately had to sue an ex-boyfriend after lending him a substantial amount of money several years ago. One of those shows sent me a FED-EX envelope wanting me to appear, I believe it was the same show that contacted you. I declined since the whole case was embarrassing to me and I worried what might come of my 15 minutes in my professional career.

The letter claimed they found me through public records of recently submitted claims. No one contacted them first.

PrincessSuzanne
03-10-2011, 09:58 AM
I unfortunately had to sue an ex-boyfriend after lending him a substantial amount of money several years ago. One of those shows sent me a FED-EX envelope wanting me to appear, I believe it was the same show that contacted you. I declined since the whole case was embarrassing to me and I worried what might come of my 15 minutes in my professional career.

The letter claimed they found me through public records of recently submitted claims. No one contacted them first.

A co-worker told me her daughter was contacted by one of those shows based on a claim that was filed in court, either by them or someone against them. Not all of those shows do things based on the public contacting them.

Suzanne

girli565
03-10-2011, 10:03 AM
If it's not going to cost you anything whether you win or lose I say do it!

elcodfish
03-10-2011, 10:28 AM
With Judge Judy both parties got an appearance fee, I want to say it was $100, and the settlement payment was only paid if the other person won. In their case neither of them had contacted the show, the show called them. If it is not an embarrassing issue, I would go on the show. Even if you *think* you have a solid case and won't loose, you never really know.

mtblujeans
03-10-2011, 10:58 AM
If you don't do the show, both parties go to court, and you lose....can you afford to pay her $4,000.00? I would be tempted to do the show just because of the amount she is asking. Good luck whatever you decide. :goodvibes

melissapealo
03-10-2011, 11:09 AM
With Judge Judy both parties got an appearance fee, I want to say it was $100, and the settlement payment was only paid if the other person won. In their case neither of them had contacted the show, the show called them. If it is not an embarrassing issue, I would go on the show. Even if you *think* you have a solid case and won't loose, you never really know.

The guy I worked with was paid $200 for appearance fee. His ex had taken him to court and she lost her case. They then took the amount she was suing him for and split it between the two of them. He ended up with around $1000 more, so made out quite well. They also paid airfare,hotel and food. If he had lost then he wouldn't have gotten the extra, so it all depends on the outcome of the case. It also depends on the show as to contact method. Some like Judge Mathis, you submit your case too, others look through pending cases and then contact people.

woodkins
03-10-2011, 11:33 AM

I think that statement is incorrect. The show pays her no matter what, I think.

A neighbor who owns a plumbing company was being sued by a customer and they appeared on The People's Court. The show paid the travel expenses for both parties & there was a small appearance fee paid to both parties as well. If the plaintiff wins the show paid the judgement (the defendant lost the case but did not have to pay the cash, it was paid by the show). If the defendant wins the plaintiff gets nothing except for their travel expenses and fees.

If you are a defendant it is beneficial for you to be on the show because you will not lose anything even if you lose your case. If you proceed in small claims court and you lose the $4k comes out of your pocket.

Dallas_Lady
03-10-2011, 11:44 AM
No wonder these shows are all over the place, they are a gold mind for the producers. The TV show gets all the money from the advertisements with very little production cost. Outside of the judge and the side kick bailiff there are no actors to pay. No writers either. They pay a small claims settlement of a few thousand bucks, put you in a hotel and give you a hot meal and that's it.

Personally, I think they are trashy and would never want to be on one. But financially, it is in your best interest to do it and if I were you I might have to suck it up and go. Can they use a different name on TV than your real one? Maybe you could wear a wig so no one knows it's you? LOL

LisaNJ25
03-10-2011, 11:46 AM
No, it never would have crossed my mind to contact a show about this! The letter said they do research on public cases and contact those they think would be good for TV.

Thats exactly what they do is go through public records for unusual stories.

My dad was suing someone for hitting his brand new truck with a golf ball and got a call from the Judge Joe Brown show.

lovepurple
03-10-2011, 12:23 PM
If the lawsuit is not about anything embarrassing I would do it.

PrincessSuzanne
03-10-2011, 12:25 PM
No wonder these shows are all over the place, they are a gold mind for the producers. The TV show gets all the money from the advertisements with very little production cost. Outside of the judge and the side kick bailiff there are no actors to pay. No writers either. They pay a small claims settlement of a few thousand bucks, put you in a hotel and give you a hot meal and that's it.

Personally, I think they are trashy and would never want to be on one. But financially, it is in your best interest to do it and if I were you I might have to suck it up and go. Can they use a different name on TV than your real one? Maybe you could wear a wig so no one knows it's you? LOL

I was out sick for almost 2 weeks in January and I could watch these court shows from about 9am back to back until 7pm and still missed a few because they are on multiple channels.

They are trashy, but fun to watch, and it was a heap better than those talk shows. I know try to make it home in the evenings so I can catch Judge Judy and she can be brutal.

Suzanne

S. C.
03-10-2011, 01:00 PM
I just won't tell anyone we're going to be on and maybe no one I know will see it. It's TV and it can be manipulated.
You just told a few thousand of your dis friends ;)

leadfootlevi
03-10-2011, 01:01 PM

:)

leadfootlevi
03-10-2011, 01:04 PM
If the lawsuit is not about anything embarrassing I would do it.

It's not about anything embarrassing at all. From what I'm reading the producers will want us to sensationalize the case (which we could easily do with all the harassment she's hurled our way). It actually might be kind of therapeutic to get it all out there (based on documented evidence!). If we go to "real" court, we're not going to bring up all of the past issues, but on TV - bring it! I'm trying to think of how we could be made out to look like idiots, and I'm not seeing it. Of course, anything is possible.

melissapealo
03-10-2011, 01:07 PM

Yes but she never gave any details of the case. So even if it were watched no one would know it was her case.

LuvLuvLuv
03-10-2011, 01:10 PM
lol counter sue for harassment and maybe you'll come out on the winning end :lmao:

a co-worker was on mathis a few years ago and he took it for the free trip to chicago. really we don't even live that far away from chicago...but he wanted to go, lol.

PrincessSuzanne
03-10-2011, 01:11 PM
It's not about anything embarrassing at all. From what I'm reading the producers will want us to sensationalize the case (which we could easily do with all the harassment she's hurled our way). It actually might be kind of therapeutic to get it all out there (based on documented evidence!). If we go to "real" court, we're not going to bring up all of the past issues, but on TV - bring it! I'm trying to think of how we could be made out to look like idiots, and I'm not seeing it. Of course, anything is possible.

Yes but she never gave any details of the case. So even if it were watched no one would know it was her case.

If I remember correctly she did, sometime last week.

Wasn't she the neighbor complaining about the drainage from an addition on your house? the real nutcase neighbor?

Suzanne

tinker&belle
03-10-2011, 01:14 PM
I would think about you and your wife's professional careers. I don't think appearing on one of these shows and possibly damaging one of your careers is worth 4k, or maybe nothing if you win.

leadfootlevi
03-10-2011, 01:18 PM

Wasn't she the neighbor complaining about the drainage from an addition on your house? the real nutcase neighbor?

Suzanne

:thumbsup2

PrincessSuzanne
03-10-2011, 01:28 PM
:thumbsup2

Stick it to her, sounds like she deserves it. For all of us with crazy neighbors. I have one of those that keeps cutting into some of my bushes at the side of my yard.

Suzanne

S. C.
03-10-2011, 01:40 PM

Yes, I know that. Was just adding a little humor.

S. C.
03-10-2011, 01:44 PM
lol counter sue for harassment and maybe you'll come out on the winning end :lmao:

a co-worker was on mathis a few years ago and he took it for the free trip to chicago. really we don't even live that far away from chicago...but he wanted to go, lol.

::yes::

mtblujeans
03-10-2011, 01:50 PM

a co-worker was on mathis a few years ago and he took it for the free trip to chicago. really we don't even live that far away from chicago...but he wanted to go, lol.:thumbsup2

cm8
03-10-2011, 04:48 PM

Suzanne

I believe so and if this is correct. I would love to see her face when she is busted out for *maybe* illegally renting her basement and being a sourpuss:rotfl:

SookieStackhouse
03-10-2011, 05:46 PM
It sounds like a good deal. Especially if they are going to pay the claim if you lose. File a countersuit for harassment, and be sure to tell us when it airs!

Gigi22
03-10-2011, 05:53 PM
OP, what dollar value would you put on your privacy? Your dignity? Are they worth $4000 to you?
I don't watch any of the so-called judge shows because I think they demean the very people they are supposed to be helping.

Chloesmom
03-10-2011, 06:15 PM
About a year ago I tried to get my ex on Judge Judy to try to get money I loaned him. Frankly i did it because I knew she would eat him up and it would be fun. I was told by her producer that each case gets a fund of $5000. Lets say I sue someone and win $3000. I would get my $3000 and then we would split the remaining balance. Also, we would each get 2 plane tickets and a hotel for a night. My stupid ex would not agree to it and I had to file a small claims case which drew the attention of Judge Joe Brown ( it was a pretty fun case) but of course he would not agree to that either. In the end I ended up winning and getting my money plus I added some stuff I was going to let slide but decided to stick it to him...
I would do it. yes, the shows are a little trashy but if you are mature and just stick to the facts you wont come across trashy and unless you are a public figure I doubt it would affect your professional life.
Oh.. and BTW.. if the entire fund is awarded to one person then the other one gets an appearance fee.. so you are guaranteed at least that fee win or lose.

ExPirateShopGirl
03-10-2011, 06:24 PM
You couldn't pay me enough to appear on a television program that covered any litigation to which I was a party.

Owishingonastar
03-10-2011, 06:42 PM
Why not? You will definitely get your 15 minutes of fame. And it will not cost you anything. And the neighbor is guaranteed her money.

Free vacations? Who would say no :)

Ms.Grumpy
03-10-2011, 07:30 PM
If you do decide to go, I second the countersuit idea. :thumbsup2

sissy_ib
03-10-2011, 08:25 PM
I would think about you and your wife's professional careers. I don't think appearing on one of these shows and possibly damaging one of your careers is worth 4k, or maybe nothing if you win.

I don't see what this has to do with it. How could being on a court show damage anyones career? Even if their employers see them on the show I cant think on a single thing they could be reprimanded for.

jenny13
03-10-2011, 09:22 PM
I don't see what this has to do with it. How could being on a court show damage anyones career? Even if their employers see them on the show I cant think on a single thing they could be reprimanded for.

Being on a court television show could potentially bring negative to any company the participants work for. I wouldn't want any employees appearing on any of the shows. Depending on the state you work in and whether or not there is a union there could be consequences to someone. I reside in NY and they have a hire and fire at will policy. This means an employer can fire someone for any reason they feel fit, as long as it's not discrimination. This would certainly fall within this category and could cost someone their job. Companies don't like negative publicity of any kind. While it might not be direct publicity against a company, many people would know where any participant works and that would look negatively on the company. After all the employees represent the company in the community. I don't think that it's right that they can do this, but that is how the labor laws work in NY. I don't know about other states but I'm sure some others have the same laws.

plummer925
03-11-2011, 05:13 AM
Being on a court television show could potentially bring negative to any company the participants work for. I wouldn't want any employees appearing on any of the shows. Depending on the state you work in and whether or not there is a union there could be consequences to someone. I reside in NY and they have a hire and fire at will policy. This means an employer can fire someone for any reason they feel fit, as long as it's not discrimination. This would certainly fall within this category and could cost someone their job. Companies don't like negative publicity of any kind. While it might not be direct publicity against a company, many people would know where any participant works and that would look negatively on the company. After all the employees represent the company in the community. I don't think that it's right that they can do this, but that is how the labor laws work in NY. I don't know about other states but I'm sure some others have the same laws.

I have to say, as a business owner, that I disagree with this. As long as one of my employees was not bringing my business into it, what do I care what they do with their personal time? And Maine has an "at will" employment policy too. I couldn't IMAGINE firing someone because they were on TV! If I worked for an employer who wanted to do that to me, I'd say "fire me" because it's not an employer who I'd want to work for in the first place!!

jenny13
03-11-2011, 07:38 AM
I have to say, as a business owner, that I disagree with this. As long as one of my employees was not bringing my business into it, what do I care what they do with their personal time? And Maine has an "at will" employment policy too. I couldn't IMAGINE firing someone because they were on TV! If I worked for an employer who wanted to do that to me, I'd say "fire me" because it's not an employer who I'd want to work for in the first place!!

I am also a business owner and I never said that I would fire someone. The pp had said she couldn't think of anything an employer could do and I was simply stating what could happen. Being on a court tv show could certainly have a negative impact on a business though. Certainly someplace like a coffee shop or convenience store wouldn't be impacted, however if someone employed by a small medical practice or even mechanic appeared it could affect their business. I feel it depends on the type of business someone works for. It all depends on the circumstances in which they are appearing in court, but I was simply stating the possibility of what could happen. As for what employees do with their personal time, normally it doesn't matter. However if it were something that would reflect negatively on my business and potentially cost me money I wouldn't hesitate to do something about it. I'm not saying I'd do that in this case or any other court tv case. I did have an employee that was arrested and is now in prison that I terminated. He was convicted of drug charges and assault on a police officer after a traffic stop. I debated for over a week about how to handle it and he hadn't made bail during that time either. In the end I felt it was best for my business to cut ties with him. He did all of this in his personal time and I feel it was my business, his drug use could carry over to the work day and affect not only him but my other employees too. This all occurred during his personal time, but due to the crime I feel I was within my rights to terminate his employment. My hesitation at doing it immediately was because he had a wife and 2 young children. I was concerned for them.

Octoberbabiesrus
03-11-2011, 12:27 PM
That is correct. So, the show would pay her whether she wins or loses. We'd be out $0.

It's tempting because if the judge in conciliation court decides in her favor we're out $4k.:confused3
Then I would. thats a no brainer.

horseshowmom
03-11-2011, 12:59 PM

Suzanne

Based on the facts you presented before, I can't imagine that you could possibly lose this case. Furthermore, this neighbor sounds crazy enough to jump at the chance to be on television. ;)

As long as you maintain your cool and present yourselves as reasonable adults (with lots of documentation to back your case), the neighbor is probably going to make a fool of themselves on national television.

There are many things that I wouldn't go on television over, but I wouldn't view this as being particularly personal or embarrassing. I'd probably do it.

mtblujeans
03-11-2011, 01:15 PM
Just don't lie to your employer(s). Tell them the truth about where you are going and why. If they have an objection, it can be discussed then. :thumbsup2

PrincessSuzanne
03-11-2011, 03:06 PM
Based on the facts you presented before, I can't imagine that you could possibly lose this case. Furthermore, this neighbor sounds crazy enough to jump at the chance to be on television. ;)

As long as you maintain your cool and present yourselves as reasonable adults (with lots of documentation to back your case), the neighbor is probably going to make a fool of themselves on national television.

There are many things that I wouldn't go on television over, but I wouldn't view this as being particularly personal or embarrassing. I'd probably do it.

I have to agree 100%.

Just don't lie to your employer(s). Tell them the truth about where you are going and why. If they have an objection, it can be discussed then. :thumbsup2

She is going to have to go to court either way, might as well go where she won't lose any money.

And based on what she posted before I don't think her neighbor stands a chance of winning, only making a fool of herself or even getting herself in some hot water.

Suzanne

mtblujeans
03-11-2011, 06:19 PM
I think she should go for it. However, to take time off work, I think there should be some up front info provided. DH and I are self-employed. If we had an employee come to us with something like this, we'd tell them to go for it....again. :thumbsup2

plummer925
03-12-2011, 04:36 AM
OP - Have you made a decision yet?

NYCDiane
03-12-2011, 05:24 AM
Hmmm..... Free trip to Chicago, the show pays the money regardless, you won't have to worry about paying a dime, you will also get paid for your appearance...... I think the answer is clear: DO IT. (and let us know when your episode will air!)

leadfootlevi
03-12-2011, 05:26 AM
OP - Have you made a decision yet?

I am in contact with the show :thumbsup2

Tikitoi
03-12-2011, 08:44 AM
If you don't think they deserve the $4k, why do you think you will be humiliated? Go with the idea of humiliating them, maybe. And who submitted to the show for this anyway?

plummer925
03-12-2011, 09:37 AM

Nice! Good luck with everything. Please keep us posted to the extent that you feel comfortable! :)

cm8
03-12-2011, 11:19 AM

:cool1:, I hope you make sure to bring all your documentation (i.e. videos, paper trail, pictures)

oh, and be sure to wear your LGMH somewhere we can see it and know that it's you :rolleyes1

:lmao: Just kidding!

starry_solo
03-13-2011, 07:17 PM
Don't forget about the taxes you have to pay on all those travel expenses the show is paying for....

cm8
03-16-2011, 09:57 PM

Hi:wave2:, Was wondering what the verdict was:lmao: