PDA

View Full Version : ABCs of Trip Reporting, Pt. 2-Life Can Be Crappy and Then You Move On (3/7)

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13

marvali
04-05-2011, 01:46 PM
I started to add Amen! Would that have qualified for a bonus point, or would I have to explain it??? :confused3

All7OfUs
04-05-2011, 01:49 PM
Lovely job, Ladies!!! Gee, you'd think I was partial to Letter L. :goodvibes

All7OfUs
04-05-2011, 01:51 PM
I started to add Amen! Would that have qualified for a bonus point, or would I have to explain it??? :confused3

Geez, Marv, you snuck that in, and now it looks like I was calling you a lady! :lmao::lmao::lmao: Sorry 'bout that!

NO, Amen doesn't work here. :lmao: go back and edit- I changed my expectation a bit on this one...

marvali
04-05-2011, 01:55 PM
Geez, Marv, you snuck that in, and now it looks like I was calling you a lady! :lmao::lmao::lmao: Sorry 'bout that!

NO, Amen doesn't work here. :lmao: go back and edit- I changed my expectation a bit on this one...
Aren't those called prayer flags???

marvali
04-05-2011, 02:12 PM
Okay, Okay! So I don't have to make you flex your imagination too much how about these.......

Ancient Ruins
Alternate Paths (as in, do you want to see those bats or does the mere sight of them freak you out you squeamish little wimp???
and of course the one you are probably looking for
Anandapur!

FauntleroyFAN07
04-05-2011, 02:49 PM
I asked you not to share her work number with anyone......... :confused3

have you tried to call that number?
:rolleyes1

Now for the Boys :scared1:They have really been running AMUCK!!!:rotfl2:Marv has 3 outfits just like the Dis Meet Ladies , Glen has a secret stash of Candi's clothes :rotfl2:and Dan actually had a post with no spelling errors!! Glen was an April Fool!!!If Boss Dan hadn't already told me about it :confused3:rotfl2:

i am proud of myself for spelling everything right.:banana:

So did everybody paint each others' toenails last night, or whatever it is you do?
nope i just painted my own.
And when the Boys meet it's Beer and Farts Right !!!!!:lmao::lmao:
not always in that order either.

butt the beer does help the second thing along.
:laughing:

So that's how the toilet got clogged. :rotfl2::rotfl2:

i thought marv was on call this weekend, how did he get invited.
:sad2:

FauntleroyFAN07
04-05-2011, 02:51 PM
oh games i like games...and i hope you provide us with the answers a little quicker than ol marv does on his game.

well that and i have to post his answers for him.

i dont think he ever did provide a list of the point totals for the ali do sighting game did he?

anyway here are my answers to your great game

Animal kingdom...and Around the corner when you go in, you can choose an Alternate route and bypass those nasty flying creatures.

marvali
04-05-2011, 03:32 PM
have you tried to call that number?
:rolleyes1Uh, no......but I don't have to in order to "get it!" This isn't Glenn and Disney refillable mugs you're dealing with....... :lmao:

3prettyprincesses
04-05-2011, 03:34 PM
Ooh, I love games and this sounds fun! What a wonderful, incredibly creative, kind and thoughtful host you are! We get bonus points for sucking up yes?;)

Ok, here's my answer:

An after dark, animated, alert, aviated winged creature who sleeps abed among the afternoon hours. He lives among the ancient ruins of the artificial land known as Anandapur located in the awe inspiring Animal Kingdom.

glennbo123
04-05-2011, 03:40 PM
Hmmm, I guess you're going for "Anandapur" even though the bats are on the Maharajah Jungle Trek (which we all know doesn't start with "A"). :confused3

For my bonus point I'll throw out "Auricle", which means "ear", and is critical for echolocation.

Flossbolna
04-05-2011, 03:41 PM
arg, I can't post colors!!! :(

ETA: Ok, that's strange, I haven't been able to get the colors to work for ages in the normal repy window, so I tried to do it manually which did not work, so I deleted it and then in the edit window, the color button works, so here is my answer:

Maharaja Jungle Trek
monsoon

EATA: Ok, this is more complicated than I thought.... Forget the guess above, that was before I understood the rules. My new guess would be: Asia and my word with the same letter animals

However, some of your posts seem to indicate that my second guess is wrong as well??

glennbo123
04-05-2011, 03:44 PM
Uh, no......but I don't have to in order to "get it!" This isn't Glenn and Disney refillable mugs you're dealing with....... :lmao:

Hey, I hadn't read the article!

I didn't call Dan's numbers either. I'm not sure what they are...I'm guessing the Victoria's Secret Helpline or something.

MAGICFOR2
04-05-2011, 04:42 PM
Update on my pics Liesa. I COULDN'T FIND HOW TO UPLOAD FROM INTERNAL WHooa didn't mean to yell hmmm. Using my nook at the library. Anyway went to the camera shop and a nice lady helped me, so later tonight I should get them to you. I will send you my phptobucket Stuff!

All7OfUs
04-05-2011, 04:44 PM
Aren't those called prayer flags???

Okay, Okay! So I don't have to make you flex your imagination too much how about these.......

See... I might have accepted it, had you given an explanation... but given that the prayers are said in Arabic or Mongolian or some other Asian variation of tongue. And therefore, no utterances of "Amen" would one hear.

Now the latter of yours are more on target... (no peeky-peekies, Players!)

oh games i like games...and i hope you provide us with the answers a little quicker than ol marv does on his game.

well that and i have to post his answers for him.

i dont think he ever did provide a list of the point totals for the ali do sighting game did he?

anyway here are my answers to your great game

Dan, I added a hint, just under the picture of the bats. Revise your first answer. I'll give out the answer very soon, as I've started writing the next update already, and should have it up within the next day or so.

Well, I think I did see the answers to Ali-do, but not the ones for the part of the latest game. Hope his computer woes don't keep us waiting too long. :goodvibes

All7OfUs
04-05-2011, 04:49 PM
Ooh, I love games and this sounds fun! What a wonderful, incredibly creative, kind and thoughtful host you are! We get bonus points for sucking up yes?;)

Ok, here's my answer:

I always try to be all of those things AND bring an entertaining tale. Sometimes it works, sometimes it just doesn't; BUT sucking up always helps!! :lmao:

Hmmm, I guess

Those were very good guesses; some good thoguht went into them! :thumbsup2

All7OfUs
04-05-2011, 05:09 PM
arg, I can't post colors!!! :(

ETA: Ok, that's strange, I haven't been able to get the colors to work for ages in the normal repy window, so I tried to do it manually which did not work, so I deleted it and then in the edit window, the color button works, so here is my answer:

Maharaja Jungle Trek
monsoon

EATA: Ok, this is more complicated than I thought.... Forget the guess above, that was before I understood the rules. My new guess would be: Asia and my word with the same letter animals

However, some of your posts seem to indicate that my second guess is wrong as well??

I had that same problem when I was using the holiday screen theme. Try switching your screen style and see if that helps.

I"m not sure I understand the 2nd part of your answer. It also needs to begin with the same Letter (in this case "A") as the first part. YOu can have a second shot at it, and I can answer any questions you may have wiht the rules- maybe I just didn't explain it very well. :confused3

I didn't call Dan's numbers either. I'm not sure what they are...I'm guessing the Victoria's Secret Helpline or something.

:rotfl2: Very funny!

Update on my pics Liesa. I COULDN'T FIND HOW TO UPLOAD FROM INTERNAL WHooa didn't mean to yell hmmm. Using my nook at the library. Anyway went to the camera shop and a nice lady helped me, so later tonight I should get them to you. I will send you my phptobucket Stuff!

Awesome, I can't wait to see them (and to edit out any with too many double chins :lmao:) I'll be waiting!:woohoo:

Poolrat
04-05-2011, 05:32 PM
OK, I was actually looking for something a bit more specific than Animal Kingdom.

You could go with the 2nd part of Pat's and Marv's answers for your main answer, but there is a more specific something I was looking for originally. Think of the story line for this area. ;)

then I will go with Anandapur

Flossbolna
04-05-2011, 05:46 PM
I actually need to go to bed, but I will give it one last try:

Anandapur
bonus word: airborne (bats fly)

Thanks for the tip on the color, it does work now since I am back to default setting! :thumbsup2

3prettyprincesses
04-05-2011, 05:51 PM
I always try to be all of those things AND bring an entertaining tale. Sometimes it works, sometimes it just doesn't; BUT sucking up always helps!! :lmao:

Good to know! And I do think you're a good host.:goodvibes

Ok, I'm having a serious mental block here, it might be due to having the flu right now. Are you only looking for one word answers then? Because I'm pretty sure I made a fool of myself by making mine full of the letter "a". Is the key to use many "a" words to describe the location?

All7OfUs
04-05-2011, 05:57 PM
Good to know! And I do think you're a good host.:goodvibes

Ok, I'm having a serious mental block here, it might be due to having the flu right now. Are you only looking for one word answers then? Because I'm pretty sure I made a fool of myself by making mine full of the letter "a". Is the key to use many "a" words to describe the location?

Hahaha! Yeah, I thought your answer was VERY creative, but I am looking for one word answers. So, for this one, think Macro, then more specific. But not quite as macro as "Animal Kingdom"- we wouldn't want it to be THAT easy. :laughing:

YOu poor thing!!! How long have you been sick?? I hope you get rid of all those nasty beasties super quick- meantime, enjoy the game. :hug:

All7OfUs
04-05-2011, 06:01 PM
then I will go with

I actually need to go to bed, but I will give it one last try:

Thanks for the tip on the color, it does work now since I am back to default setting! :thumbsup2

Much better, girls! G'nite, Magdalene!

FYI to All: I am trying to remember to delete your answers in my replies as some folks can see white with the screen settings they use. That's why you see it that way in there.

3prettyprincesses
04-05-2011, 06:01 PM
Hahaha! Yeah, I thought your answer was VERY creative, but I am looking for one word answers. So, for this one, think Macro, then more specific. But not quite as macro as "Animal Kingdom"- we wouldn't want it to be THAT easy. :laughing:

YOu poor thing!!! How long have you been sick?? I hope you get rid of all those nasty beasties super quick- meantime, enjoy the game. :hug:

Oh good grief, I completely botched it then!:laughing: I'm going to chalk it up to being delirious from my sickness.;) But I get it now, one word answers. So much easier than how I was approaching it!:laughing:

I've only been sick for two days so far, my girls all had it last week and this weekend and they were kind enough to share it with me. So sweet of them.:sick: There really should be an unwritten rule that moms are not allowed to get sick, right?:laughing:

Poolrat
04-05-2011, 06:10 PM
Much better, girls! G'nite, Magdalene!

FYI to All: I am trying to remember to delete your answers in my replies as some folks can see white with the screen settings they use. That's why you see it that way in there.

I was going to put that as the extra "A" but thought that was too obscure since I had to go the basement to research. :surfweb:

Now I know and I will be that geek. http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f333/earthtwinkle/Smilies/bb2ab63e.gif

Cameo818
04-05-2011, 06:41 PM
Awesome, I can't wait to see them (and to edit out any with too many double chins :lmao:)

While you're at it, could you also do some PhotoShop magic to make me less fluffy, please? Much appreciated. :thumbsup2

tinacaplan
04-05-2011, 07:13 PM
Some time back, she had posted the recipe for a particularly tasty sounding bevvie. It called for a "can of vodka". But more on this later.... but needless to say, that does sound hilarious!

Yeah, even in the context of a cocktail recipe, it still sounds hilarious. :rotfl2:

And I am going to absolutely lose this game. Haven't been there nearly enough to even begin. But its fun to spectate, nontheless!

JPFamilyMom
04-05-2011, 08:25 PM
my guess is Asia and I'm stickin to it :confused3

All7OfUs
04-05-2011, 08:42 PM
Oh good grief, I completely botched it then!:laughing: I'm going to chalk it up to being delirious from my sickness.;) But I get it now, one word answers. So much easier than how I was approaching it!:laughing:

I've only been sick for two days so far, my girls all had it last week and this weekend and they were kind enough to share it with me. So sweet of them.:sick: There really should be an unwritten rule that moms are not allowed to get sick, right?:laughing:

Nyquil can mess one up pretty badly- I'm sure you've had a dose or two of that- if not, we'll pretend. :lmao:

I've always gone by that rule- but nature sometimes takes the upper hand. And kids almost always want to share until it's ice cream and the bathroom.

I was going to put that as the extra "A" but thought that was too obscure since I had to go the basement to research. :surfweb:

Now I know and I will be that geek. http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f333/earthtwinkle/Smilies/bb2ab63e.gif

Nope, basement research will most assuredly pay off here. As it usually does in there here games.

Geeks are always welcome here!

While you're at it, could you also do some PhotoShop magic to make me less fluffy, please? Much appreciated. :thumbsup2

ha! If I knew how to photoshop for reals, there'd be far fewer chins on this thread. But, we'll be sure to post the very best angled ones. ;)

Yeah, even in the context of a cocktail recipe, it still sounds hilarious. :rotfl2:

And I am going to absolutely lose this game. Haven't been there nearly enough to even begin. But its fun to spectate, nontheless!

It woudln't take you long to find things- especially on Allears, or the DISBoards photo gallery. :) Lots of good research to do! :goodvibes

MAGICFOR2
04-05-2011, 09:38 PM
Hey! I know that Guy!!!! :banana: Oh! I mean I know this one -
Asia, Maharajah Jungle Trek

MAGICFOR2
04-05-2011, 09:40 PM
Speaking of Vodka, I can now relate to "a can, and a can and a can." Thanks, Cynthia!

marvali
04-05-2011, 11:04 PM
Surprise surprise! My TR is alive!!!

I guess your contest inspired me.........popcorn::

All7OfUs
04-05-2011, 11:50 PM
Beasts: Big and Beautiful

I can’t think of any other phenomenon in life that is both frightfully irritating AND simply exhilarating at the same time as getting the morning wakeup call at Disney. Mickey’s happy little giggle both peeved me and shot me out of bed like a rocket, and I thought to myself, this is what it’s like to have a fish on the end of my line; it’s annoying that it’s so difficult to reign it in, and yet exciting that soon I’ll be a conqueror. Nothing a cup of coffee couldn’t fix. After packing up the much-lighter-than-Day-1 bag, throwing on my lanyard with ticket, key, and ID, and grabbing my mug #2, I whisked out the door looking like this- pretty fabulous for 6 hours of sleep, if I don’t say so myself.

http://i291.photobucket.com/albums/ll305/All7OfUs/Disney%20Trip%202010/LiesasWDWPix2010002.jpg

I was diggin’ my spotty scarf and foresty color palette, and really feeling ready to have a WILD DAY! And how much more wild can one get than to waste a good $1.00 of yogurt and granola and splurge on a breakfast pizza?? A mini review of POP breakfast pizzas in one word is: WOW!! That thing, with its scrambled eggs, bacon, and cheese, really hit the spot while sitting in my usual Hippy Dippy Pool spot collecting my thoughts and getting my touring ‘tude in order. It was big enough (my pizza, not my ‘tude) that I couldn’t eat the entire thing and, if I recall correctly, I ended up giving almost ½ to Mary. In short, I’d recommend it as a quick eat for not a lot of cash. I find it dumbfounding however, that I can’t find it on the Allears menus list. But I DID get one, and it was around $4.00 or so. As per usual, I grabbed my morning cup of hot water to add my little packet of life blood to help ease the sting of Mickey cackling in my ear at 7:45.

On my way out of the POP trough, I ran into a gardener CM that was absolutely fascinating to talk to. I confess I am a plant geek- if you hadn’t figured that out when I took my Seedy Tour. Earlier at DHS (Day 1), I had come across a plant that I was curious about. (I’ll add that photo later, it’s not with me right now, and you probably don’t care anyway.) I asked if he could help me ID it by my description, and our conversation kind of took off from there. Although, he couldn’t think of what it could be by what I was telling him, I did learn that he had worked for Disney for over 30 years! He adored his job and couldn’t imagine working anywhere else. He profusely apologized for not knowing what plant I was talking about, but gave me a business card for the Director of the Flower and Garden show, and a brochure for the landscaping dept. that I could fill out with my description, and send in for an ID! Another easy and quicker way is to simply e-mail them and attach a picture of it. I haven’t done it yet, but do plan to.

The POP helped me begin to “feel the love” of a brand new day in Disney, and now it was time to hit the bus.

http://i291.photobucket.com/albums/ll305/All7OfUs/Disney%20Trip%202010/LiesasWDWPix2010004.jpg

Rope Drop was at 9:00, and I knew I’d have more than plenty of time to get there. Although my original plan was to sleep in a wee bit, I just have a hard time doing that this early in a trip, tired or not- especially with so many fun plans on my plate. I won’t bore you with the details of how I waited at the turnstile, or about the little show with Mickey inviting us to go on an adventure, or about the Mad Stroller Dash to Asia (oh wait, I just did!),but dive right into how I turned left and headed for an early AM Safari on a bumpy bus.

But before I got there I ran into some happy noise. Realizing I was going to forfeit the first bus of the day if I stopped, I paused a moment long enough to recall that this was not a trip about being first, or running over small children to cram everything in, or doing “everything”, but rather one of “stopping to smell the roses”. Some CMs were happily banging, shaking, and dancing outside one of the shops (sorry to all who have all shops everywhere memorized by name, location and merchandise) on the way to Harambe. I couldn’t resist! I had to get my morning shake-my-groove-thing on, and joined in when the sweet CM offered me a shaker-groover thing. Lately, I have a lot to groove with so it looked spectacular- and oddly there were no Paparazzi to get any videographic evidence of such frolicking. I did get one still though, which is probably for the best anyway:

http://i291.photobucket.com/albums/ll305/All7OfUs/Disney%20Trip%202010/LiesasWDWPix2010009.jpg

All shaken, and even quite stirred, I headed towards my jeepy destination. I was duly warned ahead of time that there would be “wild animals crossing”- it’s certainly a good thing I know Swahili! ;)

http://i291.photobucket.com/albums/ll305/All7OfUs/Disney%20Trip%202010/LiesasWDWPix2010010.jpg

And in case I didn’t know what a zebra is, they made sure I was clued in on that too:

http://i291.photobucket.com/albums/ll305/All7OfUs/Disney%20Trip%202010/LiesasWDWPix2010012.jpg

Curiously, there were no signs indicating that there would be hoards of unruly, wild Brazilians IN the jeep who would stand up so frequently that the driver thought about throwing them out for lion food. I told them in English that people who stand up in the Jeep get tossed out for animal toys, but of course, they didn’t speak ANY English whatsoever. Well, that was until they got to the front of the line at Pizzafari later in the day and their lunches weren’t just right. Then it was flawless.

The wait was still incredibly minimal, and soon we were off to the Savannah. It didn’t take long before I realized that after large coffees come large yearnings for Necessaries. Despite my discomfort, and one valuable lesson later, I had a splendid Safari! I’ll let the photos tell their own stories. I know at least some of you like animal butts- I’ve seen more than a few around the Boards lately.

I know give you The Safari Adventure:

http://i291.photobucket.com/albums/ll305/All7OfUs/Disney%20Trip%202010/LiesasWDWPix2010015.jpg

http://i291.photobucket.com/albums/ll305/All7OfUs/Disney%20Trip%202010/LiesasWDWPix2010016.jpg

http://i291.photobucket.com/albums/ll305/All7OfUs/Disney%20Trip%202010/LiesasWDWPix2010019.jpg

http://i291.photobucket.com/albums/ll305/All7OfUs/Disney%20Trip%202010/LiesasWDWPix2010023.jpg

http://i291.photobucket.com/albums/ll305/All7OfUs/Disney%20Trip%202010/LiesasWDWPix2010025.jpg

http://i291.photobucket.com/albums/ll305/All7OfUs/Disney%20Trip%202010/LiesasWDWPix2010026.jpg

http://i291.photobucket.com/albums/ll305/All7OfUs/Disney%20Trip%202010/LiesasWDWPix2010032.jpg

http://i291.photobucket.com/albums/ll305/All7OfUs/Disney%20Trip%202010/LiesasWDWPix2010035.jpg

http://i291.photobucket.com/albums/ll305/All7OfUs/Disney%20Trip%202010/LiesasWDWPix2010040.jpg

nodnol
04-06-2011, 12:46 AM
Can we still post answers to the contest? Then mine would be Asia and accent, as the bats are from Asia, they speak English with an accent.

And thank you for the Animal pictures, I love the little baby elephant.

MAGICFOR2
04-06-2011, 01:07 AM
Liesa, I love your sporty little safari outfit!:thumbsup2 Your breakfast sounds delicious and nutritious for sure! Look at you, getting your groove on - but then we know you are the "grooviest!"

Too bad the Brazilian group was true to form and rude again.:sad2: You know when we visit a country, we learn a little about the customs and expected behavior so we offend as little as possible. I think that some sects from foreign lands should be "briefed" on their docs or something, so we don't have to put up with so much obnoxiousness.:rolleyes1

Yes, there are some fine examples of Butt photography here!:thumbsup2

Flossbolna
04-06-2011, 02:46 AM
Liesa, wonderful update. I love it how in your outfit picture the lanyard is still swinging and therefore out of focus, gives you the air of "I can't wait to start this day!":thumbsup2

I am not so sure I would like breakfast pizza, but great for you to get such a wild start! That's exactly one reason why I am not so sure about wanting to get breakfast supplies for my WDW stay. I am afraid that I will be lured by other food options and then end up with lots of left overs...

Wonderful safari ride pictures! :cloud9:

Too bad the Brazilian group was true to form and rude again.:sad2: You know when we visit a country, we learn a little about the customs and expected behavior so we offend as little as possible. I think that some sects from foreign lands should be "briefed" on their docs or something, so we don't have to put up with so much obnoxiousness.:rolleyes1

Having worked for three years close to Berlin's major tourist sights I now think that humans regardless of their nationality seem to have to hand their brains in before they join a travel group... :rolleyes1 While some southern nationalities might be more boisterous, even the lovely polite Japanese can be a trouble.

glennbo123
04-06-2011, 07:25 AM
Woo hoo! Animal Kingdom day!

I laughed out loud at your giraffe pictures....they just wouldn't let you get one where both of their heads were up, would they?

Poolrat
04-06-2011, 07:48 AM
What a wild time, inside your jeep and out.:lmao: I think the CM, if they could, should cue the rickety bridge if the "tourists" act up.:rotfl2:

tinacaplan
04-06-2011, 08:28 AM
Beautiful pictures of the safari, Liesa. And I LOVE your scarf, too! :goodvibes Looking forward to more animal adventures ahead!

lovealldisney
04-06-2011, 09:32 AM
http://i291.photobucket.com/albums/ll305/All7OfUs/Disney%20Trip%202010/LiesasWDWPix2010002.jpg

I must say your're rockin the Animal Kingdom look! :thumbsup2 Love the scarf!

that's nice
04-06-2011, 09:34 AM
When I read this, in my haste to catch up with EVERYONE'S reports, I added a R between the B and the e of Beasts. :rolleyes1 :rotfl2::rotfl2:

I guess I know where my mind is... :rolleyes1

That's a good look! :thumbsup2

On my way out of the POP trough, I ran into a gardener CM that was absolutely fascinating to talk to. I confess I am a plant geek- if you hadn’t figured that out when I took my Seedy Tour.
Oh, we know..... :rotfl2:

But before I got there I ran into some happy noise. Realizing I was going to forfeit the first bus of the day if I stopped, I paused a moment long enough to recall that this was not a trip about being first, or running over small children to cram everything in, or doing “everything”, but rather one of “stopping to smell the roses”.
I love this! Maybe one day I'll have some solo time to take it all in. :goodvibes

All shaken, and even quite stirred, I headed towards my jeepy destination. I was duly warned ahead of time that there would be “wild animals crossing”- it’s certainly a good thing I know Swahili! ;)

http://i291.photobucket.com/albums/ll305/All7OfUs/Disney%20Trip%202010/LiesasWDWPix2010010.jpg
Now you are just showing off! :rotfl:

Curiously, there were no signs indicating that there would be hoards of unruly, wild Brazilians IN the jeep who would stand up so frequently that the driver thought about throwing them out for lion food. I told them in English that people who stand up in the Jeep get tossed out for animal toys, but of course, they didn’t speak ANY English whatsoever. Well, that was until they got to the front of the line at Pizzafari later in the day and their lunches weren’t just right. Then it was flawless.
:rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2:

Gotta love this.... NOT! :sad2:

I know at least some of you like animal butts- I’ve seen more than a few around the Boards lately.
WHEW... I thought you were talking about me. Luckily, I haven't been on the boards! :lmao:

Great update as always!

3prettyprincesses
04-06-2011, 10:19 AM
When I read this, in my haste to catch up with EVERYONE'S reports, I added a R between the B and the e of Beasts. :rolleyes1 :rotfl2::rotfl2:

Ugh, boys.:sad2:;)

Liesa, great update! You looked fabulous in your ensemble, I love the scarf. It was very AK-ish. Perfect for an AK day.

So you're a plant geek? I wouldn't have guessed that.;) Especially after you waxed eloquent about the Behind the Seeds tour.:thumbsup2

I laughed out loud (scared my kids!) when I read that your coffee and the safari were not mixing well!!:lmao: It is definitely quite jostling, isn't it? We try to wait till after our morning food has settled before attempting it.:laughing: The urge to use the facilities and dealing with those raucous, standing Brazilian teens would've been hard to ignore!:headache:

I love all of your animal pics, you captured some great ones! I never get tired of Kilamanjaro, do you? It's the closest I'll ever get to an actual African safari! Isn't it fascinating that right there in the middle of Disney is such a large expanse of land like that?? DH loves it, he even bought a special hat just wear while riding.:laughing:

glennbo123
04-06-2011, 10:29 AM

Oh yeah, I was going to make a similar comment when I first saw the new post, but forgot by the time I read the chapter.

I had to read the chapter title a couple of times to make sure that I had it correct. Well, it's not like we haven't been down this road before with the whole "Liesa greeting" thing.

that's nice
04-06-2011, 10:33 AM
Oh yeah, I was going to make a similar comment when I first saw the new post, but forgot by the time I read the chapter.

I had to read the chapter title a couple of times to make sure that I had it correct. Well, it's not like we haven't been down this road before with the whole "Liesa greeting" thing.

Is it great minds think alike or our minds are in the gutter (probably where Liesa wants them anyway?) :confused3 :lmao::lmao:

All7OfUs
04-06-2011, 11:33 AM
Surprise surprise! My TR is alive!!!

I guess your contest inspired me.........popcorn::

I saw, I saw!! I have guests from now until 1:00 or so, but will go back and read again and comment! (I already read quickly once.) I inspired you to eat popcorn? :confused3;)

Can we still post answers to the contest? Then mine would be

And thank you for the Animal pictures, I love the little baby elephant.

Good answers! Clever.

We were lucky enough to not only see the baby elephant, but also the baby rhino! The driver stopped longer than usual so we could get some good pictures of him.

Liesa, I love your sporty little safari outfit!:thumbsup2 Your breakfast sounds delicious and nutritious for sure! Look at you, getting your groove on - but then we know you are the "grooviest!"

Yes, there are some fine examples of Butt photography here!:thumbsup2

I got that scarf at the bazaar in Crapistan many, many moons ago! It was fun shopping for little things like that! And even more fun wearing it for my WILD DAY!

I agree- when we visit, it's nice to at least make a small effort to do as they do, and blend a little. I'd have to even go so far as to say, it really enhances the foreign experience, if we try to live as they live. Changes ones perspective and only serves to enrich. Of course, that goes without saying that only to a point- becoming a cannibal or opium grower might go against my conscience. ;)

Why do the animals ALWAYS turn around to show their other side???:confused3:lmao:

All7OfUs
04-06-2011, 11:36 AM

Is it great minds think alike or our minds are in the gutter (probably where Liesa wants them anyway?) :confused3 :lmao::lmao:

2 B00BY Prizes coming right up! :lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao:

glennbo123
04-06-2011, 11:37 AM

In this case I think it's male minds think alike.

All7OfUs
04-06-2011, 11:43 AM
Liesa, wonderful update. I love it how in your outfit picture the lanyard is still swinging and therefore out of focus, gives you the air of "I can't wait to start this day!":thumbsup2

I actually had 2 of those, and intentionally chose the one with "action". Exactly as I thought, it gives the illusion of "LET'S GO!!"

I am not so sure I would like breakfast pizza, but great for you to get such a wild start! That's exactly one reason why I am not so sure about wanting to get breakfast supplies for my WDW stay. I am afraid that I will be lured by other food options and then end up with lots of left overs...

I forgot to mention that hte pizza was not made with tomato sauce, but rather no sauce at all- just the cheese serving as the moist ingredient. In hindsight, I would not have gone through the expense and trouble of bringing breakfast things. I should have known myself better, and guessed I would NOT have eaten much anyway, and could have totally waited for a big EARLy lunch. Ah well, live and learn... And we all know what eventually happened to the yogurt anyway.... :rolleyes:

Wonderful safari ride pictures! :cloud9:

Those were the only decent ones out of 38! They are SO stinking hard to get!!!

Having worked for three years close to Berlin's major tourist sights I now think that humans regardless of their nationality seem to have to hand their brains in before they join a travel group... :rolleyes1 While some southern nationalities might be more boisterous, even the lovely polite Japanese can be a trouble.

I've seen some pretty bizzare things around here too. Do they just not see what others are doing around them?? Or not doing, should I say?

Woo hoo! Animal Kingdom day!

I laughed out loud at your giraffe pictures....they just wouldn't let you get one where both of their heads were up, would they?

They were like doing the see-saw thing for me. Sheesh, they were probably planning those moves all night long knowing I was coming!

What a wild time, inside your jeep and out.:lmao: I think the CM, if they could, should cue the rickety bridge if the "tourists" act up.:rotfl2:

Ha!! That'd be a perfect solution!! Love it!

All7OfUs
04-06-2011, 11:58 AM
Beautiful pictures of the safari, Liesa. And I LOVE your scarf, too! :goodvibes Looking forward to more animal adventures ahead!

Thanks, Tina! I think I got some pretty ok ones- not fabulous, but a few keepers. It's the adventures that will be fun in this TR! And there are some doozies.

I must say your're rockin the Animal Kingdom look! :thumbsup2 Love the scarf!

Thanks, Wendy!!! This was the one park I really wanted to get my theme on!

That's a good look! :thumbsup2

Thanks! I tried.

I love this! Maybe one day I'll have some solo time to take it all in. :goodvibes

You totally do- solo time really allows for some fun stuff like this! :thumbsup2

Now you are just showing off! :rotfl:

YOu don't really think I speak Swahili.

(Do you?)

Gotta love this.... NOT! :sad2:

What is WITH them? I mean even after the driver stopped MULTIPLE times, and told them to sit down, AND other passengers also told them, they still did it!! IT was unreal!!!:headache:

WHEW... I thought you were talking about me. Luckily, I haven't been on the boards! :lmao:

Your hiney's been seen before, though, so don't worry. ;)

Great update as always!

Liesa, great update! You looked fabulous in your ensemble, I love the scarf. It was very AK-ish. Perfect for an AK day.

It was a fun way to get some better than average photos- you'll see later on.

So you're a plant geek? I wouldn't have guessed that.;) Especially after you waxed eloquent about the Behind the Seeds tour.:thumbsup2

Yeah, I unashemedly admit it. Although that does not mean I am very good at growing them, though. ;)

I laughed out loud (scared my kids!) when I read that your coffee and the safari were not mixing well!!:lmao: It is definitely quite jostling, isn't it? We try to wait till after our morning food has settled before attempting it.:laughing: The urge to use the facilities and dealing with those raucous, standing Brazilian teens would've been hard to ignore!:headache:

It was trying my patience for sure! UGH! A perfect storm of "Run to get to where you need to go, and mow down a few standing Brazilians in the process."

I love all of your animal pics, you captured some great ones! I never get tired of Kilamanjaro, do you? It's the closest I'll ever get to an actual African safari! Isn't it fascinating that right there in the middle of Disney is such a large expanse of land like that?? DH loves it, he even bought a special hat just wear while riding.:laughing:

MEK
04-06-2011, 01:29 PM
Beautiful safari pictures. I especially like the one of the giraffes in the foliage. What a great way to kick off your day in the AK. That breakfast pizza sounds delish!

And, yes, you look fab for 6 hours of sleep!!!!!

FauntleroyFAN07
04-06-2011, 02:46 PM
Uh, no......but I don't have to in order to "get it!" This isn't Glenn and Disney refillable mugs you're dealing with....... :lmao:
well according to his comments it looks as if he still doesnt get it.

glenn ill make it easy for you, just look at the first set of numbers, what happens if you only dial those.:sad2:

Dan, I added a hint, just under the picture of the bats. Revise your first answer. I'll give out the answer very soon, as I've started writing the next update already, and should have it up within the next day or so.

Well, I think I did see the answers to Ali-do, but not the ones for the part of the latest game. Hope his computer woes don't keep us waiting too long. :goodvibes
im going to stick my original answer and hope for bonus points.
:thumbsup2

darn you guys for beating me to the punch, i was going to say that if i chose to type a title like this, im sure i would spell it wrong and have a whole range of comments from my readers.

PirateKate
04-06-2011, 03:00 PM
Perhaps the giraffe pictures are a commentary on the randomness of nature. Looks like a great safari, at least as far as the animals go. Too bad you learned Swahili instead of Portuguese. :laughing:

MAGICFOR2
04-06-2011, 03:34 PM
I got that scarf at the bazaar in Crapistan many, many moons ago! It was fun shopping for little things like that! And even more fun wearing it for my WILD DAY!

I agree- when we visit, it's nice to at least make a small effort to do as they do, and blend a little. I'd have to even go so far as to say, it really enhances the foreign experience, if we try to live as they live. Changes ones perspective and only serves to enrich. Of course, that goes without saying that only to a point- becoming a cannibal or opium grower might go against my conscience. ;)

Why do the animals ALWAYS turn around to show their other side???:confused3:lmao:

I think I draw the line at cannibalism or opium too! :rotfl2: I have to admit that I've seen some "Ugly Americans" in places too. Don't even think about being young and female and out in public when the Naval ships are in a foreign port. :eek: I have to say that was one time I was embarrassed to be an American.:sad2:

Perhaps the giraffe pictures are a commentary on the randomness of nature. Looks like a great safari, at least as far as the animals go. Too bad you learned Swahili instead of Portuguese. :laughing:

Being Disney giraffes, maybe they are trained to be "random" :goodvibes

Minnie_Mom
04-06-2011, 04:12 PM
He profusely apologized for not knowing what plant I was talking about, but gave me a business card for the Director of the Flower and Garden show, and a brochure for the landscaping dept. that I could fill out with my description, and send in for an ID! Another easy and quicker way is to simply e-mail them and attach a picture of it. I haven’t done it yet, but do plan to.

I love how Disney takes care of its customers. From wishing you a magical day to helping you discover the "that plant" you discovered in the parks. Just another thing that makes Disney great!

this was not a trip about being first, or running over small children to cram everything in, or doing “everything”, but rather one of “stopping to smell the roses”.

One day I hope to have the self-restraint to tour the park this way. It is so hard to get out of the rush, rush, rush mindset. Also, who can resist running over small children? :confused3

Hmmmmm, this could work. Disney are you listening?

DH loves it, he even bought a special hat just wear while riding.:laughing:

Sounds just like something my husband would come up with. :)

What is WITH them? I mean even after the driver stopped MULTIPLE times, and told them to sit down, AND other passengers also told them, they still did it!! IT was unreal!!!:headache:

I guess they knew that the driver was not going to make them get off in the middle of the ride so why bother with the rules. It is so frustrating when people think only of themselves and show no respect for other people.

They were like doing the see-saw thing for me. Sheesh, they were probably planning those moves all night long knowing I was coming!

Maybe they had read your PTR on the boards and were trying to prevent their faces from being posted in the disboards for all to see. Maybe next time you should go incognito.

JPFamilyMom
04-06-2011, 04:57 PM
Hey Liesa, Great update. I found it interesting that you were glad they showed you a picture of a zebra in case you didn't know what a zebra is (that was the first animal my kids noticed on the sign too), because there aren't any zebras on the safari:sad2: we found this out the hard way, as my kids kept asking for the zebras and we never spotted any, they left the ride slightly disappointed and so exiting the safari ride we had inquired about it and were told that "they had to remove them from the safari because they were causing problems with the other animals" They can still be seen at AKL though. Not sure when this happened though:confused3

love how immersed into everything you are, and even dressed the part.

eandesmom
04-06-2011, 05:04 PM
Rocking the safari look! I love how you got in theme and jammed out, clearly the breakfast pizza served you well. Fun update and pictures.

Speaking of Vodka, I can now relate to "a can, and a can and a can." Thanks, Cynthia!

It's the little things. The least I can do.

:rotfl:

Though Happydog really gets all the credit, I just coined the "a can, a can, a can" part.

All7OfUs
04-06-2011, 07:45 PM
Beautiful safari pictures. I especially like the one of the giraffes in the foliage. What a great way to kick off your day in the AK. That breakfast pizza sounds delish!

And, yes, you look fab for 6 hours of sleep!!!!!

I liked that giraffe pic too. A random shot that miraculously turned out ok. I don't knwo if they have the pizza all the time, or if it was a fluke just for me?

There were many a 6 hour sleep nights. It all went downhill from there. :rotfl:

im going to stick my original answer and hope for bonus points.

darn you guys for beating me to the punch, i was going to say that if i chose to type a title like this, im sure i would spell it wrong and have a whole range of comments from my readers.

Ha! Yeah, Dan, I can see you doing that- and completely not even seeing it! :lmao:

I think it was a lucky shot- as are ANY that turn on the bumpymobile.

I was really pleased with this Safari! I learned that the best bet- at least in non-busy times such as Sept. that if you do a Safari first = THEN go to EE, you can easily do both wiht minimal lines. Easy peasy!

I swear every time I go, I'm going to learn, "Sit down and be quiet".

I think I draw the line at cannibalism or opium too! :rotfl2: I have to admit that I've seen some "Ugly Americans" in places too. Don't even think about being young and female and out in public when the Naval ships are in a foreign port. :eek: I have to say that was one time I was embarrassed to be an American.:sad2:

Being Disney giraffes, maybe they are trained to be "random" :goodvibes

Oh come on, Tammie! A little cannibalism never hurt anyone- well, ok, maybe the eaten. But never the eater. ;)

That kind of behavior from our servicemen is deplorable and certainly puts a stain on all Americans. Don't they learn some sort of code of conduct in Basic Training?? Are there no consequences?? Really!

It would be just like disney to do that!

I love how Disney takes care of its customers. From wishing you a magical day to helping you discover the "that plant" you discovered in the parks. Just another thing that makes Disney great!

The list goes on ad nauseum. The things they do to make things magical almost always outweighs the occassional cranky CM. :yes:

One day I hope to have the self-restraint to tour the park this way. It is so hard to get out of the rush, rush, rush mindset. Also, who can resist running over small children? :confused3

The key is to do it solo!! WAY less rush going on there- AND I will say, I did have to make a conscience effort to do it this way. As for running over small children... I have. I am ashamed.

Hmmmmm, this could work. Disney are you listening?

I truly believe they ARE listening- on every issue but this one, which only seems to be getting worse, not better.

Sounds just like something my husband would come up with. :)

mine too.

I guess they knew that the driver was not going to make them get off in the middle of the ride so why bother with the rules. It is so frustrating when people think only of themselves and show no respect for other people.

Good point! I have seen people removed from the park before, but only AFTER an attraction.

Maybe they had read your PTR on the boards and were trying to prevent their faces from being posted in the disboards for all to see. Maybe next time you should go incognito.

Ha! Maybe so. I've heard the animals are treated VERY well; perhaps they give them all free internet in the back. Oh wait, they have comcast. Nevermind.

Hey Liesa, Great update. I found it interesting that you were glad they showed you a picture of a zebra in case you didn't know, because there aren't any zebras on the safari:sad2: we found this out the hard way, as my kids kept asking for the zebras and we never spotted any, they left the ride slightly disappointed and so exiting the safari ride we had inquired about it and were told that "they had to remove them from the safari because they were causing problems with the other animals" They can still be seen at AKL though. Not sure when this happened though:confused3

love how immersed into everything you are, and even dressed the part.

WOW! Great story!! I had no idea they were removed for being troublemakers! Maybe they should have named that old TV show, "Leave it to Zebra". :laughing: You know... come to think of it, I never even realized they weren't there, and I never missed them. Huh! I guess they have plenty of other fun things to see.

It's the best way to tour the parks- sort of taking on the mindset of what the Imagineers really intended. Everyone's a princess? Wear a tiara. Going on a Safari? Carry a rifle. Hmmm.. maybe that's taking it too far, but you get the idea. ;)

Rocking the safari look! I love how you got in theme and jammed out, clearly the breakfast pizza served you well. Fun update and pictures.

yes, it was all the pizza's fault. :lmao: Clearly, it was the African thing to start my day with. :rotfl2:

Poolrat
04-06-2011, 08:11 PM
Though Happydog really gets all the credit, I just coined the "a can, a can, a can" part.

Can of vodka, can of the juice and can of ????? cream or ice??

I swear every time I go, I'm going to learn, "Sit down and be quiet".

sentar e ficar quieto

google translate is my friend- thanks Glenn

englishrose47
04-06-2011, 09:32 PM
I am gonna sayAfrica in Animal Kingdom and you can see Apes, animals , architecture( African of course and all in Animal Kingdom

englishrose47
04-06-2011, 09:34 PM
Oops double post!!!!

englishrose47
04-06-2011, 09:42 PM
Your BUTT pix remind me of the first time I went solo and I showed Carol my pix !!She told everyone that all I took pix of were FOOD and animals Butts !!!:rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2:

tinacaplan
04-06-2011, 09:48 PM
It's the best way to tour the parks- sort of taking on the mindset of what the Imagineers really intended. Everyone's a princess? Wear a tiara. Going on a Safari? Carry a rifle. Hmmm.. maybe that's taking it too far, but you get the idea. ;)

yes, it was all the pizza's fault. :lmao: Clearly, it was the African thing to start my day with. :rotfl2:

:rotfl2: So authentic! But I love how you put that, Liesa. You're right, its about playing pretend, isn't it? And if my next trip weren't scheduled for the middle of July, I just might decide to really get into character, too. You know, Darth Vader at HS...things like that. :rotfl:

All7OfUs
04-06-2011, 10:12 PM

sentar e ficar quieto

google translate - thanks Glenn is my friend

You'll have to wait until the chapter... (oh! the suspense is surely killing you!)

Perfect! Now I just have to memorize it! As for google translate- works for Swahili too. ;)

I am gonna say

Very well thought out answers, Rosie!! I think you're going to do much better in this game than in past attempts. :banana:

Oops double post!!!!

Doncha hate that?

Your BUTT pix remind me of the first time I went solo and I showed Carol my pix !!She told everyone that all I took pix of were FOOD and animals Butts !!!:rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2:

Sounds about right. :lmao:

:rotfl2: So authentic! But I love how you put that, Liesa. You're right, its about playing pretend, isn't it? And if my next trip weren't scheduled for the middle of July, I just might decide to really get into character, too. You know, Darth Vader at HS...things like that. :rotfl:

It IS all about becoming young and imaginitive all over again. I wish more people would chill out and try to be 8 again too while there- there'd be far fewer F bombs being dropped at their kids.

You might see the inside of an ER if you tried to be Darth in July! I swear it's hot enough that you could pretend you were Anikan falling in the lava river.

MAGICFOR2
04-07-2011, 12:03 AM
Oh come on, Tammie! A little cannibalism never hurt anyone- well, ok, maybe the eaten. But never the eater. ;)

That kind of behavior from our servicemen is deplorable and certainly puts a stain on all Americans. Don't they learn some sort of code of conduct in Basic Training?? Are there no consequences?? Really!
:

They do have that training, but the herd mentality takes over. :sad2:

Flossbolna
04-07-2011, 03:18 AM

I misread it the first time as well... I have no idea what this tells you about me, but I will blame it on all the Liesa greeting discussion!!

So I will vote for minds who are tuned to this TR think alike! :lmao:

I think every sensible traveller had this experience when you meet fellow countrymen and you really don't want to admit that you have the same nationality... I have seen my share of "Ugly Germans" as well... :scared1:

I actually had 2 of those, and intentionally chose the one with "action". Exactly as I thought, it gives the illusion of "LET'S GO!!"

Yes! I am glad that I spotted something that you intentionally put it and commented on!! :thumbsup2

glennbo123
04-07-2011, 07:20 AM
glenn ill make it easy for you, just look at the first set of numbers, what happens if you only dial those.:sad2:

Yeah, yeah, yeah...emergency services. On a landline, I guess it would go through immediately, but on a cell phone, since it doesn't go through until you hit 'send', I think you'd just get an error. Giving a number for Victoria's Secret would be funnier.

englishrose47
04-07-2011, 07:41 AM
Good morning all !!Seeing as Liessa has deemed me GOOD at this new game I am ready for the next !!!:rotfl2:I find it definately has the option for a warped mind to take over so Marv should also do well !!!:rotfl2:

marvali
04-07-2011, 08:00 AM
Good morning all !!Seeing as Liessa has deemed me GOOD at this new game I am ready for the next !!!:rotfl2:I find it definately has the option for a warped mind to take over so Marv should also do well !!!:rotfl2:HEY NOW!!!! :headache:

My mind isn't warped.......everyone else's is!!! ;)

that's nice
04-07-2011, 08:21 AM

I walked around MK for hours in 90 degree heat wearing a Jack Sparrow costume.... I was sweating my.... errr...... sweating profusely as well. ;)

All7OfUs
04-07-2011, 10:38 AM
They do have that training, but the herd mentality takes over. :sad2:

That makes sense. But still not excusable. I guess that's where the "rise above it" mentality would win brownie points with those around them.

I misread it the first time as well... I have no idea what this tells you about me, but I will blame it on all the Liesa greeting discussion!!

So I will vote for minds who are tuned to this TR think alike! :lmao:

Yes! I am glad that I spotted something that you intentionally put it and commented on!! :thumbsup2

HONESTLY, I didn't even see it ya'll until it was actually IN the title on the list. But when I did, I laughed as hard as you. Apparently, there were more than a few who throw in random "R's" besides me.

It's those little things in a photos that often make it "speak". I love that!

Good morning all !!Seeing as Liessa has deemed me GOOD at this new game I am ready for the next !!!:rotfl2:I find it definately has the option for a warped mind to take over so Marv should also do well !!!:rotfl2:

Good Morning, Rosie! I think everyone will do GREAT at this game- it's not a hard one, just one that you have to keep playing! ;)

Warped or otherwise, there's lots of options for this game. :teacher:

All7OfUs
04-07-2011, 10:41 AM
HEY NOW!!!! :headache:

My mind isn't warped.......everyone else's is!!! ;)

Are you sure? I remember as a little kid, I would sometimes wonder if someday I would wake up in an insane assylum, and be told, that all along something wasn't quite right. Now I understand, that I'm the only one normal... :rolleyes1

I walked around MK for hours in 90 degree heat wearing a Jack Sparrow costume.... I was sweating my.... errr...... sweating profusely as well. ;)

I'll bet you cleared the pool out nicely when you got back to the resort. :lmao::lmao::lmao: And they had to call in the hazmat crew for a bio cleanup.

FauntleroyFAN07
04-07-2011, 11:20 AM
Yeah, yeah, yeah...emergency services. On a landline, I guess it would go through immediately, but on a cell phone, since it doesn't go through until you hit 'send', I think you'd just get an error. Giving a number for Victoria's Secret would be funnier.

nope the always call me and ask me design questions on new ideas.

:sad2:

i guess they know i have good taste.

chloe770
04-07-2011, 11:47 AM
Ok. finally had a change to go back and edit my answer. Can't keep up with this thread lately.:sad2:

that's nice
04-07-2011, 01:00 PM
I'll bet you cleared the pool out nicely when you got back to the resort. :lmao::lmao::lmao: And they had to call in the hazmat crew for a bio cleanup.

:rotfl2::rotfl2:

I think I stopped at Petals for a ICE cold one... then I went to the room and showered. I don't think I hit the pool that night. :rotfl2:

All7OfUs
04-07-2011, 01:28 PM
Ok. finally had a change to go back and edit my answer. Can't keep up with this thread lately.:sad2:

Neither can I my friend! I went to the college library yesterday and checked out 4 chemistry books so I can get a jumpstart on the math I might need to pass the class- that'll keep me busy- and even less able to keep my head above water here.

:rotfl2::rotfl2:

I think I stopped at Petals for a ICE cold one... then I went to the room and showered. I don't think I hit the pool that night. :rotfl2:

You didnt' pull a Candi did you?!! And drop your cold one where it was needed... :laughing:

that's nice
04-07-2011, 01:32 PM
You didnt' pull a Candi did you?!! And drop your cold one where it was needed... :laughing:

That is possible... :lmao::lmao: :lmao::lmao:

FauntleroyFAN07
04-07-2011, 03:22 PM
i can see the steam cloud now.

eandesmom
04-07-2011, 04:02 PM

LOTS of things come in a can....

MAGICFOR2
04-07-2011, 04:20 PM
Are you sure? I remember as a little kid, I would sometimes wonder if someday I would wake up in an insane assylum, and be told, that all along something wasn't quite right. Now I understand, that I'm the only one normal... :rolleyes1

Liesa, yes, you are the only one who is normal. :rotfl2:

Hopefully it is only steam :rolleyes1

:worship:

MAGICFOR2
04-07-2011, 04:20 PM
Camille! Come back to the "real" world! Can you come out and play?

mom3sonstt
04-07-2011, 04:56 PM
Since you haven't given the answer to the first round of your game I will try to sneak in under the wire here.

The bats are in the air in anandupur in Asia.

All7OfUs
04-07-2011, 05:40 PM

:scared1:

Reminds me Donald FAUNTLEROY Duck cooling off his caboose when he lights it on fire in the campfire.

could be just about anything....:lmao:

Liesa, yes, you are the only one who is normal. :rotfl2:

I thought so. :laughing::dance3:

HERE, HERE!!!! Caaaaamiiiiiilllleee....

Since you haven't given the answer to the first round of your game I will try to sneak in under the wire here.

Great to see you around here! Been a while since you've posted. :goodvibes

Still a bit of time. less time to get updates up these days...

Captain_Oblivious
04-07-2011, 07:57 PM
Sheesh! Miss a day and you get 6 pages behind and almost miss a contest and an update! I'd better post a guess quick:

Acrobatic amazing bats actually not often airborne in Anandapur, Asia (Maharajah Jungle Trek)

Ok, going back to read the update...

vamassey1
04-07-2011, 08:41 PM
I'm going to guess Anandapur.

Loved your "wild" outfit. Perfect for a day at Animal Kingdom.

Your breakfast pizza sounded great, I don't remember seeing that when we were there I will be looking for it in the future.

I'm so glad I'm not the only one that gets lots of beastly bottoms when I take pictures. The baby elephant and rhino are soooo cute.

Looking forward to more.

Captain_Oblivious
04-08-2011, 10:27 AM
I'll try and do this response to the chapter Siskel & Ebert style...

6:00 a.m. wake-up call! :mad:

Breakfast pizza! :thumbsup2:thumbsup2

Chic safari outfit! :thumbsup2:thumbsup2

Making rope drop and shaking what your momma gave you! :thumbsup2:thumbsup2

Impressive knowledge of Swahili! :thumbsup2:thumbsup2

Brazilians blocking the view and no speak-a de English! :mad:

All7OfUs
04-08-2011, 11:45 AM
Sheesh! Miss a day and you get 6 pages behind and almost miss a contest and an update! I'd better post a guess quick:

Ok, going back to read the update...

Seems to go in spurts... but, keeps us on our toes. Great answer! Glad you got it in.

I'm going to guess .

Loved your "wild" outfit. Perfect for a day at Animal Kingdom.

Your breakfast pizza sounded great, I don't remember seeing that when we were there I will be looking for it in the future.

I'm so glad I'm not the only one that gets lots of beastly bottoms when I take pictures. The baby elephant and rhino are soooo cute.

Looking forward to more.

Did you want to shoot for the "association word" part?? Add another "A" word that can be found close by, or is closely associated with the first word you gave that you can see, or know about that is also in that area nearby.

They must not have that pizza all the time, as I didn't see in on the menu on allears. Heck, maybe it was something new they were just trying out?

Guess they are used to showing off their backsides. Like Schweitzer Falls.

They were so cute- and definitely drew in the ooohs and ahhhs! :thumbsup2

I'll try and do this response to the chapter Siskel & Ebert style...

6:00 a.m. wake-up call! :mad:

Breakfast pizza! :thumbsup2:thumbsup2

Chic safari outfit! :thumbsup2:thumbsup2

Making rope drop and shaking what your momma gave you! :thumbsup2:thumbsup2

Impressive knowledge of Swahili! :thumbsup2:thumbsup2

Brazilians blocking the view and no speak-a de English! :mad:

Nice recall. :thumbsup2:thumbsup2

MAGICFOR2
04-08-2011, 12:02 PM
I see I didn't quite "get" the question, but I think I have seen some answers, so I'm sticking to mine.

All7OfUs
04-08-2011, 01:43 PM
I see I didn't quite "get" the question, but I think I have seen some answers, so I'm sticking to mine.

Ok, I'll record what you've got- and remember, if there's 26 letters of the ABC's then there ought to be at least several more points to get. Hopefully, I'll be more on top it this game around.

MAGICFOR2
04-08-2011, 03:37 PM
Ok, I'll record what you've got- and remember, if there's 26 letters of the ABC's then there ought to be at least several more points to get. Hopefully, I'll be more on top it this game around.

Thanks for the encouragement!

All7OfUs
04-08-2011, 07:56 PM
Time's Up! Since I've already posted Beasts: Big and Beautiful, I will get Letter B up early in the weekend for you to stew on. And since I"m in a generous mood, getting to go out for dinner for the first time in over 4 months, I am just going to give everyone who attempted Letter A 2 points- full credit.

You all gave a variety of good answers. Officially, I was looking for "Asia" and "Anandapur", but there were several creative association words that I woud have easily accepted as well. The point of the game is to have fun, and to learn some new things perhaps along the way. If you give it a good old college try, you're going to get points. :goodvibes

As per usual, I'm SURE I missed someone- I always seem to... (my sincerest apologies!) Just PM me, and let me know :)

Here is what I came up with, and as you can see, you all got full points for this round, since I"m considering it mostly a practice round. (Although, the bats are not in Africa, Rosie. ;))

Glenn 2
Tanya 2
Magdalene2
Pat 2
Dan 2
Marv 2
PirateKate2
Wendy 2
Molly 2
onelilspark2
Jessica 2
Katharina 2
Rosie 2
Chloe770 2
Mark 2
Vanessa 2
Tammie 2

Remember, check back soon, "B" should be up soon... :surfweb:

KatMark
04-08-2011, 08:02 PM
I've not been around to play but hope I can catch up in the next round. Havea nice dinner out (we just got back a little while ago from dinner with Nicki & Todd).

englishrose47
04-08-2011, 10:25 PM
Time's Up! Since I've already posted Beasts: Big and Beautiful, I will get Letter B up early in the weekend for you to stew on. And since I"m in a generous mood, getting to go out for dinner for the first time in over 4 months, I am just going to give everyone who attempted Letter A 2 points- full credit.

You all gave a variety of good answers. Officially, I was looking for "Asia" and "Anandapur", but there were several creative association words that I woud have easily accepted as well. The point of the game is to have fun, and to learn some new things perhaps along the way. If you give it a good old college try, you're going to get points. :goodvibes

As per usual, I'm SURE I missed someone- I always seem to... (my sincerest apologies!) Just PM me, and let me know :)

Here is what I came up with, and as you can see, you all got full points for this round, since I"m considering it mostly a practice round. (Although, the bats are not in Africa, Rosie. ;))

Glenn 2
Tanya 2
Magdalene2
Pat 2
Dan 2
Marv 2
PirateKate2
Wendy 2
Molly 2
onelilspark2
Jessica 2
Katharina 2
Rosie 2
Chloe770 2
Mark 2
Vanessa 2
Tammie 2

Remember, check back soon, "B" should be up soon... :surfweb:

Yes but my creative additions were worth the points easily!!!;):rotfl2:

All7OfUs
04-08-2011, 10:27 PM
I've not been around to play but hope I can catch up in the next round. Havea nice dinner out (we just got back a little while ago from dinner with Nicki & Todd).

I knew you might miss one round- no worries, I imagine most everyone will miss a round or even two as trips come and go.

I"m so glad you're having such a nice time!!! Have a latte for me ;)

that's nice
04-08-2011, 10:52 PM
I am going to TRY to take part of your game... My DIS gaming skills have gone WAY down over the years. I peaked too early. :sad2:

MAGICFOR2
04-09-2011, 12:53 AM
Thanks for your generosity, oh normal one! :worship:

Flossbolna
04-09-2011, 09:21 AM
Ok, now I get it! You made comments to someone implying that they already had an answer that was more specific than Animal Kingdom, but still hadn't got it right. That's why I thought Asia as the first answer was wrong... :goodvibes

So it is actually really easy: we know that both words have to start with the letter of that round and the first one is a specific place, while the second one can be our imagination... I think we all should have lots of fun with that!! Great game!! :thumbsup2

englishrose47
04-09-2011, 10:43 AM
Okay Liessa I am ready for Round 2 !!!!!

All7OfUs
04-09-2011, 11:29 AM
Yes but my creative additions were worth the points easily!!!;):rotfl2:

Rosie, they were some of the most creative given. Glad you enjoy the game!

I am going to TRY to take part of your game... My DIS gaming skills have gone WAY down over the years. I peaked too early. :sad2:

Your enthusiasm is killing me. But I have no doubt you'll do very well, if you PLAY! :lmao:

Thanks for your generosity, oh normal one! :worship:

Depending on the weather, my garden, and the level of the river, my generosity wanes and waxes. ;)

Ok, now I get it! You made comments to someone implying that they already had an answer that was more specific than Animal Kingdom, but still hadn't got it right. That's why I thought Asia as the first answer was wrong... :goodvibes

So it is actually really easy: we know that both words have to start with the letter of that round and the first one is a specific place, while the second one can be our imagination... I think we all should have lots of fun with that!! Great game!! :thumbsup2

Ooops! Sorry that might have been confusing! Glad you get it, and can now fully dominate the game. I am thinking of actually giving one extra bonus point to the person(s) who actually ALSO guess EXACTLY what I had in mind when putting each picture up. That's for the real smartie pants, and perhaps will be a totally separate prize.

It is easy, and everyone should do very, very well- they just need to play :)

Okay Liessa I am ready for Round 2 !!!!!

Your wish is granted....

All7OfUs
04-09-2011, 12:03 PM
It seems you are all enjoying and doing very well at becoming Masters of Alphabetting Through Disney! (I’m thinking very, very hard at how to incorporate the betting part.) Congratulations on all of your very creative answers!! To those of you who played Round 1, I think you get it!! So let’s move onto Letter “B”.

Remember, I am looking for BOTH: 1) WHERE this picture can be found, AND B) One word that can be closely associated with that place. Hint: I actually do have one, possibly two, very specific words in my mind as I put the pictures up, but will accept most anything if I can see that you have put at least a little creativity and thought into your answer. For some of the rounds, I may actually throw in a bonus point for those super smarty-pantsy people who can give me a right-on-the-money answer. But not this round; I’ll save that for a couple letters later when you’ve had a bit more practice. Don’t worry, there are plenty of prizes for everyone!

Here is your photo clue for Letter “B”.

http://i291.photobucket.com/albums/ll305/All7OfUs/Disney%20Trip%202010/Boneyard.jpg

Good luck, and happy hunting!!

jedijill
04-09-2011, 12:15 PM
I'm in!

Boneyard and Bones

Jill in CO

Flossbolna
04-09-2011, 12:17 PM
Ok, I just posted a mega ADR update on my PTR and am now all set for some fun!! And I think I will have fun with this picture! :goodvibes I assume answers in white are ok again? Thanks to you, my colour-abilities are restored, so I have to make use of them!! :cool1:

The picture is from the Boneyard
and my second word is Brook
because she was the photographer, you see Henry coming down the stairs followed by Joe.

All7OfUs
04-09-2011, 12:25 PM
I'm in!

Jill in CO

I'm so glad you came out to play!!! I think you get it!!! YAYAYAYAY!

Ok, I just posted a mega ADR update on my PTR and am now all set for some fun!! And I think I will have fun with this picture! :goodvibes I assume answers in white are ok again? Thanks to you, my colour-abilities are restored, so I have to make use of them!! :cool1:

The picture is from

Mike is out of town all weekend climbing mountains, and playing outdoorsman, and since it's still cold and cloudy, I will stay indoors and play on my computer! So, off to your thread!

Yippee!! A big update!

BTW: I'll bet you had a ton of fun with that last round, didn't you!? ;)

chloe770
04-09-2011, 12:27 PM
Ok here's my answer Boneyard and Brooke's baby boy Henry

jenbear123
04-09-2011, 12:33 PM
I'll give this one a shot

Boneyard and Brontosaurus (or Brachiosaurus if you want to be politically correct since they've now changed the name for Brontosaurus)

mom3sonstt
04-09-2011, 01:13 PM
My answer is

Boneyard with boy begging to burrow around in the bones!

Poolrat
04-09-2011, 01:19 PM
I'm in --- The Boneyard

And Bones of course as well as the Brontosaurus

All7OfUs
04-09-2011, 01:23 PM
I see some good answers coming in!! Keep it up!!

Dreamer & Wisher
04-09-2011, 01:28 PM
I wasn't quite sure what you were going for, but now I do.

Here is my guess for letter B

A boy in the Boneyard with a bucket hopes to bury a bone with a blue shovel.

That is a lot more than one more "b" word. But I teach preschool so what can I say?

3prettyprincesses
04-09-2011, 01:38 PM
:woohoo:Letter B is up!

Ok, here's my answer:

Boneyard and beachy boy! "Beachy" of course due to the sand and buckets laying around;)

PennyLane1084
04-09-2011, 02:20 PM
Ya! I'm in on this game. Here my answer Liesa:
Boneyard & Brontosaurus

KatMark
04-09-2011, 03:32 PM
I'll give it a shot:

Boneyard in Dinoland at the AK with fossils

JPFamilyMom
04-09-2011, 04:42 PM
well the first part I'm pretty sure I got right Boneyard the second part I'm not so sure but since joey loves dinosaurs and has been naming a bunch to me lately I'm going to go with Brontosauras isn't there a brontosaurus burger somewhere?

glennbo123
04-09-2011, 05:33 PM
Why, that would be the Bonyard, where you can find some big brontosaurus bones. And I think I also spy Henry and Joe!

PirateKate
04-09-2011, 07:32 PM
Boneyard and BYOB- Bring Your Own Bucket

Here's my answer. :thumbsup2

All7OfUs
04-09-2011, 07:35 PM
Ya'll have the hang of it!! Great job!

Since hubby's out of town this weekend- I have nothing better to do (well, that's not exactly completely true, I have a ton of other stuff I could be doing :rolleyes1) than to try to get another update up! Hope you all are having a wonderful weekend!

reelmom
04-09-2011, 09:09 PM
I missed the first round. Here is my guess for the second.
Boneyard and Buckets

marvali
04-09-2011, 10:00 PM
This round of your contest is the sandbox area of the Boneyard, where bones are buried and children can use shovels and buckets (pails) to perform an archeological dig to find replica bones from animals that roamed the earth in years that fall into the period B.C.! I'm not sure why they didn't use Brontosaurus bones, even though a CM in the Dinoland area told us that scientists have now decided that there was never such a dinosaur!

englishrose47
04-09-2011, 10:21 PM
Okay I am gonna say.... The BoneYard at AK ,BBQ as at FTB,naturaly BONES, Bats, Bongo Drums, Beer,Bananas, Big Tree, Bugs,Bengal Tigers and Billionaires .. well wishful thinking !!!:rotfl2:

All7OfUs
04-09-2011, 10:37 PM
I knew you could do it, Rosie!! You're all doing famously!

So, the next chapter will go up tonight, but likely WAY after ya'll are in bed. Still uploading photos and becoming "inspired". I think I'll call it: Creatures: Great and Small. Or something like that....

All7OfUs
04-10-2011, 12:11 AM
Besides the passionate love affair I share with my husband, I have a few others that crop up once in a while. They seem to become strongest while I’m at Disney, and I thought you, being fellow Disneyphiles, would enjoy listening to me wax on about a few of them.

One of these love affairs revolves around the creative, highly imaginative theming found in all the parks. There is a reason those responsible for fostering my piqued interest went to great lengths to include subtle background music in the parks, transitioning pavements, thematic color palettes and a storyline to hold it all together. Take for instance the shops on Discovery Island:

http://i291.photobucket.com/albums/ll305/All7OfUs/Disney%20Trip%202010/LiesasWDWPix2010006.jpg

Did you know that this one- The Island Mercantile- is completely, yet subtly devoted to animals that work? Every nook and cranny is filled with beaver, elephants, camels, bees, ants and other creatures who are known to “work”. Fascinating isn’t it? Who knew?! Truly it inspires a passion in me that is worthy of seeing over and over. There are 4 shops on Discovery Island, and I would encourage you to foster a new love affair with the Imagineer’s efforts to bring a cohesive whole to what they are aiming for in a park. I challenge you to visit each shop on DI, not just to spend yourself into second mortgage, but to discover what each one is themed in. If you aren’t going back for a while, here’s a blog that is absolutely worth the read!

Jack Spence's Blog (http://land.allears.net/blogs/jackspence/2010/03/discovery_island_shops_at_anim.html)

Another love affair that I have long ago ceased to fight is 2-ply. I’ve lived long enough in places where newspaper and other assorted and sundry items have had to suffice. I am a spoiled rotten brat in this department; I freely admit it.

And Disney is a tease! A TEASE, I tell you. She lures you in with signs like this:

http://i291.photobucket.com/albums/ll305/All7OfUs/Disney%20Trip%202010/LiesasWDWPix2010045.jpg

And leaves you standing on the platform in Paris with this:

http://i291.photobucket.com/albums/ll305/All7OfUs/Disney%20Trip%202010/LiesasWDWPix2010047.jpg

Which definitely does NOT look quilted!

So, there I was, somewhere in:

http://i291.photobucket.com/albums/ll305/All7OfUs/Disney%20Trip%202010/LiesasWDWPix2010007.jpg

Left high and barely dry, and wishing I had already discovered Jiko, where the most primo-stocked place on property is.

Another secret passion I have, and would love to be able to finance one day, is photography. I think I have a somewhat decent eye, and with a class or two, and several hundred dollars’ worth of better equipment, I might be able to do these a bit more justice:

http://i291.photobucket.com/albums/ll305/All7OfUs/Disney%20Trip%202010/LiesasWDWPix2010008.jpg

http://i291.photobucket.com/albums/ll305/All7OfUs/Disney%20Trip%202010/LiesasWDWPix2010044.jpg

http://i291.photobucket.com/albums/ll305/All7OfUs/Disney%20Trip%202010/LiesasWDWPix2010051.jpg

Until then, I keep visiting the photo of the day thread and enjoy what others are able to do.

You might guess from the next photos, that I have a passion for large, hairy primates (sometimes I DO wonder about who I married), and guys who are Jonesin’ to be a prince, but in actuality, (those are just characters, people!) I have a secret love affair with NO LINES!!!! I’ll do just about anything to avoid a line- for lunch, for a ride, for the next stall. So when I spied these two characters with no one waiting, I snatched the rare opportunity for me to get a photo. You won’t see many photos of me with any characters, because there are a lot of folks out there (I imagine quite a few of you) who are more than willing to stand in the hot sun to get a picture. I am not, and would happily take your place on EE after standing in the MUCH shorter single rider line at EE. So, if you’re like me, and want a character photo without the line, head to the trail between Asia and Africa kinda down in the bushes sorta, and look for these guys.

http://i291.photobucket.com/albums/ll305/All7OfUs/Disney%20Trip%202010/LiesasWDWPix2010050.jpg
(Please remember to thank me in your responses for shaving my arm pits!)

http://i291.photobucket.com/albums/ll305/All7OfUs/Disney%20Trip%202010/LiesasWDWPix2010048.jpg

After zipping right up to them and scoring some better than average character interaction, you too might develop an unashamed love affair with NO LINES.

Some Hidden Mickeys play hard to get. But that doesn’t stop me from pursuing them with all the passion a star struck 13 year old would. (Ladies, remember Shaun Cassidy?) Today, I managed to croon over many, putting my grand total WAY over 15- and, in case some of you still care about how you did in The Master Predictor Game (ummm…. There will likely be a large-ish prize for that game, since you’re having to wait so long for the outcome) those of you who guessed I’d get at least 15, you got it right.

http://i291.photobucket.com/albums/ll305/All7OfUs/Disney%20Trip%202010/LiesasWDWPix2010052.jpg

In case, you’ve just suddenly developed an uncontained infatuation for playing hard to get with Mickey Mouse, you can find a great resource with this book.

The Hidden Mickeys Guide (http://www.hiddenmickeysguide.com/)

It’s a faithful companion in the parks, especially if your there finding yourself solo with time and passion on your hands.

A more primal obsession I’ve found I have is with birds. (OK, so I’m a dork with a pair of binoculars and 3 bird books by my window, sue me... ) And this show, and the recent discovery that I have a nesting pair of Bald Eagles in my backyard, are to blame. Flights of Wonder puts you right in the face of some really cool large birds. The very same Bwana Bob, found over by Jungle Cruise, hosts a great show that I won’t spoil for you here, other than to give you the only 4 (now were back to my ardor for photography, aren’t we? ) photos that turned out. Seriously, if you don’t have a good camera, one that’s as fast as the birds, forget it.

http://i291.photobucket.com/albums/ll305/All7OfUs/Disney%20Trip%202010/LiesasWDWPix2010082.jpg

http://i291.photobucket.com/albums/ll305/All7OfUs/Disney%20Trip%202010/LiesasWDWPix2010075.jpg

http://i291.photobucket.com/albums/ll305/All7OfUs/Disney%20Trip%202010/LiesasWDWPix2010081.jpg

http://i291.photobucket.com/albums/ll305/All7OfUs/Disney%20Trip%202010/LiesasWDWPix2010073.jpg

And for the record, I don’t think any of the birds pooped on anyone. Which went a long way in my thinking they were still cool enough to have a love affair with after exiting.

And there you have it. A peek into my not-so-secret love affairs that I indulge while at Disney. And to think, none of them would make any spouse jealous in the least.

MAGICFOR2
04-10-2011, 01:49 AM
OH! OH! OH! Teacher!!! (she says in her best Horshack voice) Buckets in the Boneyard

MAGICFOR2
04-10-2011, 02:01 AM
I posted my answer before I realized you had done your update. I love your love affairs. Sometimes, I get so busy going commando,(not the underwear kind, boys) that I forget to see all the details. I'm going to go back and read the blog. I do love look for the HM's, but I don't want to follow a guide, i want to be surprised.

2-ply is definitely a wonderful find, wherever that may be.

Wow- you shaved your pits AND your toes - I'm impressed!:thumbsup2

Great pics - I can see your artistic eye - way better than I do - I think I have about 20 pics of the black and white monkeys in the scaffolding there, and not much interesting theming at all.

I have seen you with your birding books and binoculars. :sail:

burly
04-10-2011, 03:32 AM
Can i still guess for B?
Bustling Henry bringing his bouncing bucket to dig up and bury bones in the Boneyard at AK.

thank you for shaving your armpits.....:rotfl:

Poolrat
04-10-2011, 09:11 AM
So much loveliness at AK. I need several days of cool temps and low crowds to properly enjoy everything it has to offer. :rotfl2:

nodnol
04-10-2011, 09:45 AM
Hi Liesa, great update, you made me looking forward to my next visit of AK!

My answer to round B: Boneyard playground and Brook - at least that is the first B that comes to my mind when I think about Boneyard.

lorainfam
04-10-2011, 10:20 AM
OK...I am going to jump in on this game and give it a try!

Is it the Boneyard at Animal Kingdom

Julie

All7OfUs
04-10-2011, 10:31 AM

Is it

Julie

Excellent job wtih part I of the game, Julie! Now, just think of another word that also starts with "A" that is associated with waht you already said. Something found nearby, or that you can see while there. It's that easy!! Have fun. :goodvibes

P.S. I always edit out answers when I respond, because the white in quotes shows up on some people's screens.

lorainfam
04-10-2011, 11:16 AM
Excellent job wtih part I of the game, Julie! Now, just think of another word that also starts with "A" that is associated with waht you already said. Something found nearby, or that you can see while there. It's that easy!! Have fun. :goodvibes

P.S. I always edit out answers when I respond, because the white in quotes shows up on some people's screens.

Is it "Asia" ?

So, in playing this game do you have to answer previous questions as well as the new letter?

Millie12591
04-10-2011, 12:13 PM

So sorry, I've been celebrating birthday fare and my FIL is still in town (until next Tues.), I've been missing in action for far to long, I apologize. :goodvibes

HERE, HERE!!!! Caaaaamiiiiiilllleee....

Still a bit of time. less time to get updates up these days...

I'm here, I'm here! :upsidedow I have been thinking about my post I need to get up, still haven't been able to nail my husband down to help me with downloading my photos. How lame am I that I can't down load photos onto my computer :rolleyes: Technically I can, but I have a way of deleting them without knowing why. :scared1: I may have to do the post without pics. :eek: I know, I know, surely I jest. Considering I didn't take any while at the airport it's probably best any way. I'll get on it as soon as I have time to sit and write out my post. :)

As for my B answer: Boneyard full of LGMH colored buckets and bones of a far away time when the Brachiosaurus roamed the earth.

Millie12591
04-10-2011, 12:15 PM
Is it

So, in playing this game do you have to answer previous questions as well as the new letter?

I think our opp. to have answered letters gone by are just that, gone bye-bye. :sad1: But Liesa will be able to tell us for usre. :goodvibes

tinacaplan
04-10-2011, 01:12 PM
I just loved your affairs post. And your pictures are lovely. I thought I took too few on this past trip, yet still came home with a thousand! :lmao:

Oh, and maybe I can play this game, though I might be too late:

B -- Boneyard and if I'm not mistaken that's a picture Brook took. It was because of that post that I knew about it at all and it became one of Max's trip highlights!

And I agree...the bathroom at Jiko is AMAZING! :rotfl:

englishrose47
04-10-2011, 02:23 PM
Great new Update !! Personally I grew up using waxed peper that they called TP !!!:rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2:For me the ply isn't the isue it just needs to be anything BUT waxed :lmao::lmao::lmao:

glennbo123
04-10-2011, 04:22 PM
Animal Kingdom is one of the best-themed parks, no doubt. I never knew that Island Mercantile was themed with all "working" animals. Thanks for the info.! (Oh, and thanks for shaving your pits.)

MAGICFOR2
04-10-2011, 04:30 PM
So sorry, I've been celebrating birthday fare and my FIL is still in town (until next Tues.), I've been missing in action for far to long, I apologize. :goodvibes

Yay! You are Here! I'm glad you're celebrating - enjoy your company!:hug:

[COLOR="purple"]I'm here, I'm here! :upsidedow I have been thinking about my post I need to get up, still haven't been able to nail my husband down to help me with downloading my photos. How lame am I that I can't down load photos onto my computer :rolleyes: Technically I can, but I have a way of deleting them without knowing why. :scared1: I may have to do the post without pics. :eek: I know, I know, surely I jest. Considering I didn't take any while at the airport it's probably best any way. I'll get on it as soon as I have time to sit and write out my post. :)

Could you just draw a pic of an airplane and Liesa and Anara in the STOP scene? :rotfl2: Oh, and don't forget to snort!

MAGICFOR2
04-10-2011, 04:31 PM
Great new Update !! Personally I grew up using waxed peper that they called TP !!!:rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2:For me the ply isn't the isue it just needs to be anything BUT waxed :lmao::lmao::lmao:

Not going there.:lmao: I'm such a juvenile!

All7OfUs
04-10-2011, 05:07 PM
I posted my answer before I realized you had done your update. I love your love affairs. Sometimes, I get so busy going commando,(not the underwear kind, boys) that I forget to see all the details. I'm going to go back and read the blog. I do love look for the HM's, but I don't want to follow a guide, i want to be surprised.

Sometimes, I wonder if going the "other commando" is a better way to do AK. Just sayin'. It gets awful hot in there!

I totally hear what you're saying about being surprised! It's quite exhilarating when you stumble across a HM without knowing about it! :thumbsup2

2-ply is definitely a wonderful find, wherever that may be.

Like Rosie says, better than waxed, starched, glossy or otherwise. :yes:

Wow- you shaved your pits AND your toes - I'm impressed!:thumbsup2

OK, who put you up to that? Was it Dan, Glenn? Marv?? ;)

Great pics - I can see your artistic eye - way better than I do - I think I have about 20 pics of the black and white monkeys in the scaffolding there, and not much interesting theming at all.

Trust me, I get plenty of those too!! Most go straight the e-delete file.

I have seen you with your birding books and binoculars. :sail:

Today, I was treated to a heron on the shore, and a nesting pair of Stellars.

Can i still guess for B?

thank you for shaving your armpits.....:rotfl:

Yes, you may. And you're very welcome- the alternative is rather frightening.

So much loveliness at AK. I need several days of cool temps and low crowds to properly enjoy everything it has to offer. :rotfl2:

Then I can tell you, you didn't have that in Sept., did you?? Yowza!

Hi Liesa, great update, you made me looking forward to my next visit of AK!

My answer to round B

And that visit is coming up so soon!! Lucky ducky!

got your answer all recorded in the official Excel doc. ;)

Is it the Boneyard at Animal Kingdom

Julie

OK, now I'm feeling like a complete moron. What I meant was:

Each letter has 2 parts. I meant "B" not "A"!!!! :scared1: You gave one answer for B, but to be complete, it needs another word to go with it. So, Give me another B word associated with your first B word. Sorry, I was dense when I said A in my first response to you. (And because you are likely so confused by that, coffee's on me when we get to meet!)

All7OfUs
04-10-2011, 05:09 PM
Is it "Asia" ?

See my explanation just above in my last post. A is over, I meant to say B. Sorry!

All7OfUs
04-10-2011, 05:19 PM

I'm here, I'm here! :upsidedow I have been thinking about my post I need to get up, still haven't been able to nail my husband down to help me with downloading my photos. How lame am I that I can't down load photos onto my computer :rolleyes: Technically I can, but I have a way of deleting them without knowing why. :scared1: I may have to do the post without pics. :eek: I know, I know, surely I jest. Considering I didn't take any while at the airport it's probably best any way. I'll get on it as soon as I have time to sit and write out my post. :)

As for my B answer:

Great to talk with you just now! Sounds like lots going on!!

Glad you got started with uploading, I know folks are anxious to hear about our riotous good time. I accidentally deleted some photos of my neighbors a few months ago, and was mortified!! Now I never want to borrow anything ever again! It's a setting you have on your "set up" somewhere I"m certain. Fiddle around with "download options" and make sure "delete after downloading" isn't clicked on.

Yes, you can just do that chapter with no pix, since there are none. Trust me, the stories will speak for themselves. ;)

[COLOR="Purple"]I think our opp. to have answered letters gone by are just that, gone bye-bye. :sad1: But Liesa will be able to tell us for usre. :goodvibes

You're right. Once the answer goes up, it's over for that round. I had meant to say B, not A to her. Each Letter has 2 parts... She only did one for B.

I just loved your affairs post. And your pictures are lovely. I thought I took too few on this past trip, yet still came home with a thousand! :lmao:

Oh, and maybe I can play this game, though I might be too late:

It was because of that post that I knew about it at all and it became one of Max's trip highlights!

And I agree...the bathroom at Jiko is AMAZING! :rotfl:

I had way over a thousand, but only about 350 or so were worth squat. Ah, to have a bigger, better machine. (That sounds like the Million Dollar Man or something, doesn't it?)

You're right on the money with the game. Good job!

Jiko gets for place. Sanaa is a close second.

OK, that's just wrong on WAY too many levels, Rosie. I can see wax for eyebrows, sealing jelly, and candles, but for TP?!! :scared1::scared1: I'd say the folks who came up with that are just sadistic!

All7OfUs
04-10-2011, 05:24 PM
Animal Kingdom is one of the best-themed parks, no doubt. I never knew that Island Mercantile was themed with all "working" animals. Thanks for the info.! (Oh, and thanks for shaving your pits.)

Always willing to oblige. :lmao:

There are 4 themed shops there, and it's so subtle most people just breeze on by. If it hadn't have been for my Imagineer's Guides, I'd have NEVER noticed it. The blog was a cool picto-tutorial to drive it all home. I had wanted to get shots of all 4, but somehow missed the boat. UGH!! Guess I need to get back for the remaining 3.

Could you just draw a pic of an airplane and Liesa and Anara in the STOP scene? :rotfl2: Oh, and don't forget to snort!

:lmao::lmao:

Not going there.:lmao: I'm such a juvenile!

As am I. Obviously, since I didn't. :rotfl2:

MAGICFOR2
04-10-2011, 05:31 PM
Sometimes, I wonder if going the "other commando" is a better way to do AK. Just sayin'. It gets awful hot in there!

I totally hear what you're saying about being surprised! It's quite exhilarating when you stumble across a HM without knowing about it! :thumbsup2

Like Rosie says, better than waxed, starched, glossy or otherwise. :yes:

OK, who put you up to that? Was it Dan, Glenn? Marv?? ;)

Trust me, I get plenty of those too!! Most go straight the e-delete file.

Today, I was treated to a heron on the shore, and a nesting pair of Stellars.

I just wanted to beat them to the punch line - score one for me! :woohoo:

So cool to see the Heron! I'm not sure what stellars are, but I love baby birds. We watched a flamingo chick hatching for a long time at AK last trip - so amazing!:thumbsup2

vamassey1
04-10-2011, 06:01 PM
First I want to put my guess in for B Boneyard and the second part I'm going to go with Brontosaurus

Loved your update.:lovestruc I do think your photos are fab. I love seeing all the details. I didn't not know that wonderful information about the different stores so now I will look more closely the next time we pass through them. I'll also look so smart pointing it out to the family.

We gave Danielle the Hidden Mickey book before her birthday trip in 2009 but she has never really looked at it.:confused3

Great use of those short lines. That's the best kind of character interaction, when there's no line and the have time to spend with you.

All7OfUs
04-10-2011, 06:33 PM
I just wanted to beat them to the punch line - score one for me! :woohoo:

So cool to see the Heron! I'm not sure what stellars are, but I love baby birds. We watched a flamingo chick hatching for a long time at AK last trip - so amazing!:thumbsup2

Sometimes those guys are such wise guys, and so witty, it's hard to get a one-two punch on 'em. Good one!

Stellar Jays. The ones with a mohawk thingy on top of their heads. They are total pigs at the feeder, but so pretty!

You actually go to WATCH a flamigo HATCH!!?? :worship::worship: WHOA! THAT is cool!

First I want to put my guess in for B
Loved your update.:lovestruc I do think your photos are fab. I love seeing all the details. I didn't not know that wonderful information about the different stores so now I will look more closely the next time we pass through them. I'll also look so smart pointing it out to the family.

We gave Danielle the Hidden Mickey book before her birthday trip in 2009 but she has never really looked at it.:confused3

Great use of those short lines. That's the best kind of character interaction, when there's no line and the have time to spend with you.

I wish I had gotten WAY more detail photos! That was one of my trip tenets this time, and I sort of half way met my goal. Not that it was quantitative or anything, but I thought I'd come home wiht more.

I adore knowing about what the park makers intended. It really puts a whole new dimension into touring.

Just have her take her book next time, it's fun to whip out in a line and look for some just where you're at. :thumbsup2:thumbsup2 Good for meals at resorts too!

I think the characters like to monopolize those times too so they aren't bored.

Poolrat
04-10-2011, 06:53 PM
I still don't think I slowed down enough in AK.. Sept was still so darned hot, other that the few minutes I was seated at Dawa Bar :lmao: I feel like i still missed a lot.

All7OfUs
04-10-2011, 06:58 PM
I still don't think I slowed down enough in AK.. Sept was still so darned hot, other that the few minutes I was seated at Dawa Bar :lmao: I feel like i still missed a lot.

And I'm wishing I had sat THERE longer enough to have something other than...

ummm.... WATER!!! :lmao::lmao::lmao: (I'm still blamin' you for that one, BTW!):rotfl2:

Poolrat
04-10-2011, 07:02 PM
And I'm wishing I had sat THERE longer enough to have something other than...

ummm.... WATER!!! :lmao::lmao::lmao: (I'm still blamin' you for that one, BTW!):rotfl2:

Well then..... we will have to right that wrong...:rotfl2:

All7OfUs
04-10-2011, 07:05 PM
Well then..... we will have to right that wrong...:rotfl2:

Indeed, Girlie!! :banana::dance3::banana:

Millie12591
04-10-2011, 07:07 PM
This is a tail of how a few gals from the Dis came to Salem OR for a Dis meet! :goodvibes

First off, I'll fill you in on the title. :goodvibes
While there in Salem I was on FB for a bit and found a post by Liesa's eldest daughter Rebekka that started off saying....Epicest Day Ever!! We of course had a good laugh over this and it sorta became a theme for the rest of the trip. :laughing:

Now, for my journey there.....

Every journey to get on a plane starts the same for me. I go through my check list to be sure I have everything I need, pack, check and recheck, pack some more through out the day, set the alarm, and TRY to get some sleep through an excited haze of adrenaline. :hyper:

Now, I don't know about anyone else here, but when I have to get up early for anything, especially a flight I toss and turn the whole night and have one of those sleeps where your in a state between asleep and awake. :rolleyes: Isn't that where Tinker Bell is suppose to be (according to the movie Hook) Does not make for a good nights rest, but when your excited you don't care.
My flight was at 6:45 a.m. and my alarm was set for 4:30. I finally got up before the alarm went off and got that party started!! I was on my way to Salem Oregon!! Never been there, and was excited to finally meet the face I had skyped with and talked with over the phone for the last couple of years. :yay:

The plane ride was a breeze. :goodvibes I always say a prayer and always have the same vision when I pray this prayer, the good Lord walking with his hands cupped under the plane the whole journey. It always gives me confidence and helps to squelch fears that try and come up before a flight.

My seat partner was a hoot! She was a 50 some year old lady named Kay, she had more make-up on her eyes than I would wear on my whole face in three years, but she had an amazing heart. Christine will like this part, Kay was head of a team who did SAR (serach and rescue) for animals. She was certified in like 30 some things to be qualified to do it and was actually on her way to Washington to get certified in on ice rescues. Power to her! She was a retired fire Capt., raised six kids, rode motor cycles, not harley's- although she said she use to have a couple of them and use to ride barrel racing horses once upon a time. :laughing:

This lady was truly an all around gal! She even gave me her card so I could connect with her when we both were back in Texas, she wanted my daughter to come and see some of the exotic animals she rescues if there was a chance. Yes, you heard me right, exotic animals, Texas is known for their laws being all kinds of wacky and the laws for owning exotic animals was pretty much nill. There are lots of places around Texas to see exotic animal farms, people with big hearts, lots of land and the people who want to come and see them. To me seeing an animal in a cage is sad, but to each their own. It's truly nothing to be driving out in the middle of no where Texas and see ostriches, emus and Llama's in a fenced in area around someone's property. Well taken care of, but there just the same. :confused3 :laughing:

Finally, I'm in OR and I get off the plane to start to find Liesa, I don't know this airport and have not a clue where to find them. I call her and she's heading my way as I make it passed the security area to head my way out of the secured part of the airport. Liesa's girls were also flying that day, they were visiting family in San Fran. Calif. and we planned to meet up early enough before the flight so we could have lunch together. Hence the really early flight for me. :thumbsup2
Rebekka and I chat via FB often but have never met so we could not miss this opportunity. They were walking my way and I was walking there way, I spotted them and recognized Liesa right away, although I have to admit, she's a lot smaller than you think she is. Poor girl was hobbling along with her ankle bummed, girls in tow and didn't have a clue that I was walking right to them, I think it was Rebekka that noticed me first, waving like an idiot. :laughing: Me, not bekka. :laughing:

I never meet a stranger so I hugged them all and was so happy to finally meet them in person! Let me just say....these girls are such beautiful girls, Anara wasn't to sure of me yet but she came around after getting a cupcake to share after she ate her lunch. The little fairy that she is, she just kept quiet almost the whole time. We all decided to get my luggage and then find our way to get something to eat. This airport is really cute and has lots of great shopping, I love to shop, but I'm a pretty picky shopper so I don't normally buy a lot.
We finally made our way to the tables and set out to find our food, the girls all shared a plate while I set out to find something that wouldn't break the bank. I've worked pretty hard to lose weight over the last couple of months and I've been hitting my routine's pretty religiously, this will be my first break in 9 weeks of those routine's and I was a bit worried about how it would work out. I found my food and sat with the girls to finally eat! :goodvibes As we finished we saw a couple of TSA guys come and sit to eat their lunch next to our table, as one of the girls went off to find the powder room the TSA guys were having a conversation with Anara, being the cute little fairy that she is how could they resist her wiles. At one point in the conversation with all of us they offered Anara a TSA sticker, and me being the smart donkey that I am said laughing..."Oh yeah! Cause you guys are so popular these days!" They both looked up at me and laughed and one said, "Naaaa, were just miss-understood and have been given a bad rap through the media, that's all."
I wish I could remember what Liesa said to them, but all I remember was the conversation going to a place about having to touch people. This is when I told/warned them I would be warning any TSA person who was doing a body search on me would hear...."Where ever you touch me is where I'm gonna touch you." For any of those out there that has the smart as* in them know there's a time one can always go to far, and I was wondering if this was going to be my time......... after all these were officials who could technically send me to jail. :eek:

The one guy facing me eyebrow's shot up and said, "Well, that's one I haven't heard before! LOL! That's a good one!" :rotfl: Wheeew! :scared:

Since I have to get dinnner going and for fear I'm boring you all I'll stop here.
Wish there were pictures, but we hadn't gotten to that point yet. :goodvibes
TTFN!

All7OfUs
04-10-2011, 07:19 PM
HAHAHAHAHAAA... I had completely already forgotten about the TSA guys!! OMYGOSH, that was so funny!

Great start!! Can't wait to see how you deal with Part #2!! :laughing: I guess.

glennbo123
04-10-2011, 07:54 PM
Great start Camille! The next time I'm going through Security, I'm going to resist the urge to talk to them like you were during lunch. Somehow I think it'd be different while in line. :laughing:

lorainfam
04-10-2011, 08:03 PM
See my explanation just above in my last post. A is over, I meant to say B. Sorry!

Ha Ha :rotfl::rotfl: No problem and yes I was a little confused. So here is the second part of my answer... Brontosaurus or Bones or Bronto Bones

Millie12591
04-10-2011, 09:07 PM
HAHAHAHAHAAA... I had completely already forgotten about the TSA guys!! OMYGOSH, that was so funny!

Great start!! Can't wait to see how you deal with Part #2!! :laughing: I guess.

I wondered if you would remember that conversation, those guys were funny! I was too, but I don't think I'll push my luck next time. :laughing:

Great start Camille! The next time I'm going through Security, I'm going to resist the urge to talk to them like you were during lunch. Somehow I think it'd be different while in line. :laughing:

Oooooh, I'm pretty sure I won't be talking with them like that either. Well, that is until someone does a TSA move on one of my "girls" and then I'm going to remind them I dont have a problem doing the same to them. :rotfl: Thank goodness they had a sense of humor and the grace of God was covering my butt! :rotfl: We smart donkey's need a lot of grace. :goodvibes

All7OfUs
04-10-2011, 10:32 PM
Ha Ha :rotfl::rotfl: No problem and yes I was a little confused. So here is the second part of my answer...

Now you've got it!!:thumbsup2

englishrose47
04-10-2011, 10:43 PM
OK, that's just wrong on WAY too many levels, Rosie. I can see wax for eyebrows, sealing jelly, and candles, but for TP?!! :scared1::scared1: I'd say the folks who came up with that are just sadistic!

But Liessa it was also medicated:lmao::lmao::lmao:

englishrose47
04-10-2011, 10:45 PM

And if you said the same thing Camille did to a Guy !! You wood be in the clinker for sure :lmao::lmao:

eandesmom
04-11-2011, 12:19 AM
Too funny about the TSA guys! I didn't know that. Love it. Glad they took it well. :rotfl:

That Anara is adorable...I'm bummed I didn't get to meet Bekka and Mikki. Next time!

Flossbolna
04-11-2011, 03:02 AM
Camille, that is a wonderful start!

I just saw that you have a ticker, I hope you will do a TR for your WDW trip (even if it is still quite some time away!). :goodvibes

marvali
04-11-2011, 06:20 AM
Camille, great start on the EDE! Love your TSA comeback, but based on all the agents I've seen, I'm not too sure I would want to even make that threat...... :rolleyes1

(not that I have any smart a** in me or anything) :angel:

lovealldisney
04-11-2011, 06:32 AM
Hi Leisa,
Ok I'm here late but here. My answer for the next challenge is:
Boneyard, Brooke family with Boy(HENRY) carrying Bucket for Bones!

Hope you had a good weekend! :goodvibes

Captain_Oblivious
04-11-2011, 08:52 AM
My guess for B:

Buried Brachiosaurus Bones in the Dig Site located Beside the Boneyard playground (and no Bratty kids in the picture!)

PennyLane1084
04-11-2011, 09:02 AM
http://i291.photobucket.com/albums/ll305/All7OfUs/Disney%20Trip%202010/LiesasWDWPix2010006.jpg

Did you know that this one- The Island Mercantile- is completely, yet subtly devoted to animals that work? Every nook and cranny is filled with beaver, elephants, camels, bees, ants and other creatures who are known to “work”. Fascinating isn’t it? Who knew?! Truly it inspires a passion in me that is worthy of seeing over and over. There are 4 shops on Discovery Island, and I would encourage you to foster a new love affair with the Imagineer’s efforts to bring a cohesive whole to what they are aiming for in a park. I challenge you to visit each shop on DI, not just to spend yourself into second mortgage, but to discover what each one is themed in. If you aren’t going back for a while, here’s a blog that is absolutely worth the read!

Jack Spence's Blog (http://land.allears.net/blogs/jackspence/2010/03/discovery_island_shops_at_anim.html)

Liesa, this is so interesting. I've only been to AK once when it first opened, I can't wait to explore it on my october trip. I was really inspired by Magdelena's TR to take the Wild By Design tour at AK. I know how you feel, I'm a sucker for the theming at Disney too.

Thanks for the link to Jack Spencer's Blog. You've given me yet another thing to waste time at work with. I mean....I would never:rolleyes1

And Disney is a tease! A TEASE, I tell you. She lures you in with signs like this:

http://i291.photobucket.com/albums/ll305/All7OfUs/Disney%20Trip%202010/LiesasWDWPix2010045.jpg

And leaves you standing on the platform in Paris with this:

http://i291.photobucket.com/albums/ll305/All7OfUs/Disney%20Trip%202010/LiesasWDWPix2010047.jpg

Which definitely does NOT look quilted!

:mad: That stuff is like sandpaper!! I mean, you have to have standards about certain things right? I don't care if I'm broke, living in a cardboard box, I will shell out the extra buck for 2-ply.

But hey with a down economy I guess Disney has to cut back somewhere. :rotfl2:

Love this pic - ooh ooh ahh ahh
http://i291.photobucket.com/albums/ll305/All7OfUs/Disney%20Trip%202010/LiesasWDWPix2010048.jpg

All7OfUs
04-11-2011, 10:08 AM
But Liessa it was also medicated:lmao::lmao::lmao:

WHA.....?????!!! :eek::scared1::eek:

And if you said the same thing Camille did to a Guy !! You wood be in the clinker for sure :lmao::lmao:

Yeah, I think it loses the effect somewhat going from guy to guy. :scared1:

Too funny about the TSA guys! I didn't know that. Love it. Glad they took it well. :rotfl:

That Anara is adorable...I'm bummed I didn't get to meet Bekka and Mikki. Next time!

ME TOO!!! :eek: Airport jail wouldn't have coffee for the guests, I'm sure of it!

Hopefully this summer we can make that happen.

I just saw that you have a ticker, I hope you will do a TR for your WDW trip (even if it is still quite some time away!). :goodvibes

I saw that too, and also hopes she does a PTR! She's a much better writer than she gives herself credit for!

englishrose47
04-11-2011, 10:14 AM
WHA.....?????!!! :eek::scared1::eek:

!

:rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2:

All7OfUs
04-11-2011, 10:16 AM
Camille, great start on the EDE! Love your TSA comeback, but based on all the agents I've seen, I'm not too sure I would want to even make that threat...... :rolleyes1

You have a valid point there. :upsidedow

Hi Leisa,
Ok I'm here late but here. My answer for the next challenge is:

Hope you had a good weekend! :goodvibes

Got it recored, Wendy!! My weekend was fillled with DISing, as it was too rainy to dig in the garden and well... hubby was gone.

My guess for B:

OK, got it. Did you go back far enough for the update too??

Liesa, this is so interesting. I've only been to AK once when it first opened, I can't wait to explore it on my october trip. I was really inspired by Magdelena's TR to take the Wild By Design tour at AK. I know how you feel, I'm a sucker for the theming at Disney too.

Thanks for the link to Jack Spencer's Blog. You've given me yet another thing to waste time at work with. I mean....I would never:rolleyes1

You are going to love it!! Jack's blog has so much great stuff there, you can spend HOURS learning all kinds of amazing things!!! While you're on hold at work is a perfect time to learn all about the parks and resorts! :thumbsup2

:mad: That stuff is like sandpaper!! I mean, you have to have standards about certain things right? I don't care if I'm broke, living in a cardboard box, I will shell out the extra buck for 2-ply.

But hey with a down economy I guess Disney has to cut back somewhere. :rotfl2:

I'd rather deal with no soap in the dispensers. At least we can bring a little tube of hand sanitizer.

Love this pic - ooh ooh ahh ahh

I can't think of too many places you can monkey around like that, and still look in the mirror and say Everything's alright.

Captain_Oblivious
04-11-2011, 10:23 AM
One of these love affairs revolves around the creative, highly imaginative theming found in all the parks. There is a reason those responsible for fostering my piqued interest went to great lengths to include subtle background music in the parks, transitioning pavements, thematic color palettes and a storyline to hold it all together.

::yes::

Could not agree more. This is what I love about Disney, too.

Did you know that this one- The Island Mercantile- is completely, yet subtly devoted to animals that work? Every nook and cranny is filled with beaver, elephants, camels, bees, ants and other creatures who are known to “work”. Fascinating isn’t it? Who knew?!

I had no clue, but that is very cool!

I am a spoiled rotten brat in this department; I freely admit it.

You're too hard on yourself. I can only imagine that living in a place called "Crapistan" would make this a valuable commodity.

Another secret passion I have, and would love to be able to finance one day, is photography. I think I have a somewhat decent eye, and with a class or two, and several hundred dollars’ worth of better equipment, I might be able to do these a bit more justice:

I think you could do some great work! My wife felt the same way--we were blessed enough that I was able to get her a DSLR for her birthday last year. I haven't seen her since, but the photos she sends back are awesome. :thumbsup2

You won’t see many photos of me with any characters, because there are a lot of folks out there (I imagine quite a few of you) who are more than willing to stand in the hot sun to get a picture. I am not, and would happily take your place on EE after standing in the MUCH shorter single rider line at EE.

Boy, we have a lot in common in this update! :rotfl2:

(Please remember to thank me in your responses for shaving my arm pits!)

Thank you!

Gets itchy when you shave, huh? :rotfl:

And for the record, I don’t think any of the birds pooped on anyone.

Obviously, they have been clued in on the non-quilted toilet paper.

FauntleroyFAN07
04-11-2011, 01:14 PM
speaking of TP and 2 ply...when we were at chuckee cheese on saturday with parker, a lady had some one ply sticking out of her pants and it made for a nice little tail that came about about 1 square and down about 5 squares...:laughing:

as for the answer for the B question i hope i am not to late.

but i am going with.
the boneyard...and....there
big beautiful boneyard buckets build before boneyard burrial bone buckets were blue.

almost got all B words but could not get the ending.:sad2:

All7OfUs
04-11-2011, 01:31 PM
::yes::

Could not agree more. This is what I love about Disney, too.

Besides the fireworks? And the monorail?

I had no clue, but that is very cool!

I know!

You're too hard on yourself. I can only imagine that living in a place called "Crapistan" would make this a valuable commodity.

It's the little things.

I think you could do some great work! My wife felt the same way--we were blessed enough that I was able to get her a DSLR for her birthday last year. I haven't seen her since, but the photos she sends back are awesome. :thumbsup2

:lmao: I'd only worry if she's got the credit card and is sending back photos of Dooney and Burkes.

Boy, we have a lot in common in this update! :rotfl2:

You shave your pits too?

Gets itchy when you shave, huh?

How'd you know?

Obviously, they have been clued in on the non-quilted toilet paper.

Yeah, sure can put a damper on things!

speaking of TP and 2 ply...when we were at chuckee cheese on saturday with parker, a lady had some one ply sticking out of her pants and it made for a nice little tail that came about about 1 square and down about 5 squares...:laughing:

but i am going with.

:lmao::lmao: I've seen that happen a time or two as well. And sadly it's even been ME once or twice. The snickers from behind are a tell tale give away that something is dreadfully wrong. :lmao:

YOu're not too late. :goodvibes

MAGICFOR2
04-11-2011, 01:37 PM

but i am going with.
the boneyard...and....there
big beautiful boneyard buckets build before boneyard burrial bone buckets were blue.

almost got all B words but could not get the ending.:sad2:

:rotfl2: That is every woman's worst fear! :rotfl2: That or the skirt stuck in the pantyhose :eek:

Umm, I saw your answer - I thought she said 2 words, but that's okay, I can catch up with lots of C words later! :lmao:

MAGICFOR2
04-11-2011, 01:43 PM
Great start Camille! You didn't tell me your Spunky story about the TSA agents - that is too funny. :rotfl2: I think I might use that one, or I'll just let Jim punch 'em out if they get too friendly. Actually, I'll take the scan - anyone who wants to look at that will have their eyes burn out! :lmao:

Anara is a little fairy. That is a perfect name for her sweet little self!

All7OfUs
04-11-2011, 01:43 PM
:rotfl2: That is every woman's worst fear! :rotfl2: That or the skirt stuck in the pantyhose :eek:

Umm, I saw your answer - I thought she said 2 words, but that's okay, I can catch up with lots of C words later! :lmao:

Is is ok to admit here that pathetically, I've done that too- more than once. Once was at work in a dept. store- caught wihtout my skirt by a stocker boy. I hid in one of the children clothing racks and umm.... adjusted.

I DID say 2 words-

TO THOSE OF YOU WITH MORE THAN 2 WORDS:

You're trying WAY too hard. Really, it's supposed to be easy. ;)

Captain_Oblivious
04-11-2011, 01:45 PM
Besides the fireworks? And the monorail?

Why must you make me choose?

You shave your pits too?

:lmao::rotfl2::rotfl:

Close. I'm working getting rid of the nose hair.

All7OfUs
04-11-2011, 01:53 PM
Why must you make me choose?

:lmao::rotfl2::rotfl:

Close. I'm working getting rid of the nose hair.

Holy cow, Me TOO! :scared1: What is it with turning 40? It's like adolesence all over again and some freakish thing of genetic nature that says nose hair is due to spew out.

FauntleroyFAN07
04-11-2011, 03:09 PM

well i didnt know the other word, so i did a bunch of b words hoping it would lean toward a bonus point or two.
Is is ok to admit here that pathetically, I've done that too- more than once. Once was at work in a dept. store- caught wihtout my skirt by a stocker boy. I hid in one of the children clothing racks and umm.... adjusted.

I DID say 2 words-

i hate when the skirt gets tucked in the pantyhose it is always a terrible site.

going for bonus points since i didnt know the other word.

Captain_Oblivious
04-11-2011, 03:28 PM
Camille: Wow! Less than one hour in Oregon, and you're already harassing TSA agents! Did you spot any cops on the road and then gun your engines in front of them? :rotfl2:

Minnie&Nana
04-11-2011, 04:31 PM
Camille, great start - I'm hooked (I would have been anyway ::yes::). You must have one of those faces that allows you to get away with wiseacre remarks - I used to have one those but aging has not been kind. :rotfl:

Leisa, there's no way I can ever catch so I just pop in, read a few pages, then leaves mostly feeling like I will never catch up. Unless there has been a crisis of some kind, always makes my day to stop by. :thumbsup2 :goodvibes

All7OfUs
04-11-2011, 06:56 PM
well i didnt know the other word, so i did a bunch of b words hoping it would lean toward a bonus point or two.

i hate when the skirt gets tucked in the pantyhose it is always a terrible site.

going for bonus points since i didnt know the other word.

Yeah, I'll bet. :rolleyes:

There's only 2 points available max anyway, and most any word, as long as it's pretty close will work. ;)

Camille, great start - I'm hooked (I would have been anyway ::yes::). You must have one of those faces that allows you to get away with wiseacre remarks - I used to have one those but aging has not been kind. :rotfl:

Leisa, there's no way I can ever catch so I just pop in, read a few pages, then leaves mostly feeling like I will never catch up. Unless there has been a crisis of some kind, always makes my day to stop by. :thumbsup2 :goodvibes

And whenever you do, it makes my day too!

JPFamilyMom
04-11-2011, 09:10 PM
liesa where do you store all this wonderful information you have. I can't wait for my next trip to check out the AK stores and the different themes.

i'm loving all your hidden mickey's. And cute character interactions, I know all too well about standing in a long character line...:sad2:

can't wait to see what else you did.

MAGICFOR2
04-11-2011, 10:20 PM

Yes Minnie, Camille looks all sweet and innocent - you'd never believe how fiesty she can be! :rotfl2: But she is sweet,

Millie12591
04-11-2011, 11:44 PM
And if you said the same thing Camille did to a Guy !! You wood be in the clinker for sure :lmao:

:eek: :rotfl: Probably true, Ms. Rosie. :goodvibes

Thank you! :lovestruc I'm thinking about writing a TR, I'm so far out at this point I'm not sure I want to start it this early, although.....since I'm taking my mother (hopefully) it could provide for some serious entertainment. :rotfl: The woman drives me a bit crazy at times.

Just for the record....I was on my best behavior with every TSA agent I dealt with while going through the lines, I promise. The one's I heckled were very young and looked like they could take it. :smooth:

I saw that too, and also hopes she does a PTR! She's a much better writer than she gives herself credit for!

Awww. Thank you Liesa, I think I'll keep ya around.

Great start Camille! You didn't tell me your Spunky story about the TSA agents - that is too funny. :rotfl2: I think I might use that one, or I'll just let Jim punch 'em out if they get too friendly.

Anara is a little fairy. That is a perfect name for her sweet little self!

We had to keep some stuff for the report, normally I don't hold out funny stories with my gal pals, but this was too good to give away until the report. Anara is a little fairy! :tink: :lovestruc She's my new precious bud!

Holy cow, Me TOO! :scared1: What is it with turning 40? It's like adolesence all over again and some freakish thing of genetic nature that says nose hair is due to spew out.

Not near as bad as that dude with the birds at the tulip fest! :eek: Holy cow!

Camille: Wow! Less than one hour in Oregon, and you're already harassing TSA agents! Did you spot any cops on the road and then gun your engines in front of them? :rotfl2:

Not this trip! :moped:

Oh bully, you say! You have the perfect, cute face for such jibbing! :flower3:

Yes Minnie, Camille looks all sweet and innocent - you'd never believe how fiesty she can be! :rotfl2: But she is sweet.

:blush: Awwww gawrsh!

You crack me up with the fiesty stuff! :lovestruc

MAGICFOR2
04-11-2011, 11:52 PM

I DID say 2 words-

Oh Liesa, that is the worst! :headache:

All7OfUs
04-11-2011, 11:57 PM
liesa where do you store all this wonderful information you have. I can't wait for my next trip to check out the AK stores and the different themes.

i'm loving all your hidden mickey's. And cute character interactions, I know all too well about standing in a long character line...:sad2:

can't wait to see what else you did.

I have several books that I read over and over while still in "research mode" for the trip. I also use allears and several other blog and Disney sites to collect all this fun stuff!! I must admit, I really enjoyed touring the parks with a better knowledge of things to look for! I have a LONG way to go- I think in a whole lifetime someone really couldn't cover or see it all.

Next update will have its very own HM Hunt!!There will be several in the next chapter. :banana:

Millie12591
04-12-2011, 12:19 AM
I have several books that I read over and over while still in "research mode" for the trip. I also use allears and several other blog and Disney sites to collect all this fun stuff!! I must admit, I really enjoyed touring the parks with a better knowledge of things to look for! I have a LONG way to go- I think in a whole lifetime someone really couldn't cover or see it all.

Next update will have its very own HM Hunt!!There will be several in the next chapter. :banana:

We'll have to talk, I would love to get your sources so I can bone up on the information about the parks. I know you read some books I need to get my hands on, I meant to read them while I was there. :rolleyes: Oh well. It's really all about the theming for me.

eandesmom
04-12-2011, 12:29 AM
ME TOO!!! :eek: Airport jail wouldn't have coffee for the guests, I'm sure of it!

Hopefully this summer we can make that happen.

I wouldn't survive without coffee.

This summer is a must do...perhaps at our cabin on the river...some great hiking nearby....

burly
04-12-2011, 01:06 AM
I raced thru, but i am caught back up....:surfweb:

All7OfUs
04-12-2011, 12:24 PM
We'll have to talk, I would love to get your sources so I can bone up on the information about the parks. I know you read some books I need to get my hands on, I meant to read them while I was there. :rolleyes: Oh well. It's really all about the theming for me.

Yes, I can definitely share all the books I have and last night I was doing some reading and research for my next update, and found some REALLY cool blogs and Disney sites that are just chockfull of good info. :thumbsup2

I wouldn't survive without coffee.

This summer is a must do...perhaps at our cabin on the river...some great hiking nearby....

Oooooh, that sounds great!! I am really looking forward to getting up there! We'll combine it with a trip to Oly and maybe we'll shoot for a quick trip over to the Oly Rainforest/Penn as well.

I raced thru, but i am caught back up....:surfweb:

Great to have you back, Kim!!!

KatMark
04-12-2011, 01:43 PM
First, Liesa, I would like to thank you for shavingi your arm pits. I know it is truly appreciated, and it saves a lot of embarrassing comments by Marv. ;)

I love your AK photos and I think you are doing just fine with the camera you have. And your pics with the characters are terrific.

Camille, a great start to your DIS meet and I can't wait to read more and see the pics. :)

marvali
04-12-2011, 03:33 PM
Just for the record....I was on my best behavior with every TSA agent I dealt with while going through the lines, I promise. The one's I heckled were very young and looked like they could take it. :smooth:Definitely Rambunctious!!! ;)

All7OfUs
04-12-2011, 05:07 PM
First, Liesa, I would like to thank you for shavingi your arm pits. I know it is truly appreciated, and it saves a lot of embarrassing comments by Marv. ;)

I love your AK photos and I think you are doing just fine with the camera you have. And your pics with the characters are terrific.

Camille, a great start to your DIS meet and I can't wait to read more and see the pics. :)

I'm sure he can (and probably will) find other things to comment on. Embarrassing or otherwise.

I think you'll like the update i"m working on. More fun pix.

Definitely Rambunctious!!! ;)

I haven't see that word in a long time- truly a good one!

All7OfUs
04-13-2011, 12:03 AM
Long ago, in a magical, mystical land, was a kingdom of vast riches and splendor. Set in a lush, green forest, animals of many kinds could be seen- tigers of regal elegance, birds of splendid color, and the fearsome Komodo Dragon. But all was not as tranquil and beautiful at one time. Let me tell you the story of how what once was lost has become whole again.

http://i291.photobucket.com/albums/ll305/All7OfUs/Disney%20Trip%202010/LiesasWDWPix2010101.jpg

Centuries ago, Ananta, the Rajah of the land, founded this area. He was well-loved by his people and, in fact you can even see his sarcophagus in a special place on the trails nearby. He taught a deep respect for nature and its habitats, and things went well in the kingdom. But, sometime later, a greedy king named Bhima Disampati, became selfish and excluded everyone except his favorites to enter the forest. Instead of enjoying the animals and their surrounding environs, he built enclosures and trapped the animals inside only to hunt and kill them indiscriminately. He, and those he invited to his private hunting lodge, decimated the populations of the magnificent beasts, only to one day, himself, become the hunted by the very species he exterminated.

http://i291.photobucket.com/albums/ll305/All7OfUs/Disney%20Trip%202010/LiesasWDWPix2010113.jpg

http://i291.photobucket.com/albums/ll305/All7OfUs/Disney%20Trip%202010/LiesasWDWPix2010112.jpg

http://i291.photobucket.com/albums/ll305/All7OfUs/Disney%20Trip%202010/LiesasWDWPix2010125.jpg

http://i291.photobucket.com/albums/ll305/All7OfUs/Disney%20Trip%202010/LiesasWDWPix2010126.jpg

Another Rajah took his place, but he was given over to the lusts of the material world. Focusing on the riches of what the forest and nature could give, he continued to destroy that which could not sustain his lifestyle. With greed comes war and neglect, and sadly, his once beautiful realm became less and less so.

http://i291.photobucket.com/albums/ll305/All7OfUs/Disney%20Trip%202010/LiesasWDWPix2010124.jpg

http://i291.photobucket.com/albums/ll305/All7OfUs/Disney%20Trip%202010/LiesasWDWPix2010114.jpg

http://i291.photobucket.com/albums/ll305/All7OfUs/Disney%20Trip%202010/LiesasWDWPix2010127.jpg

http://i291.photobucket.com/albums/ll305/All7OfUs/Disney%20Trip%202010/LiesasWDWPix2010129.jpg

But not all rulers leave wanton destruction behind them. A 3rd ruler came along and restored the realm to some of its former wonder. Fountains were again rebuilt, temples reconstructed, and harmony with nature was somewhat restored.

http://i291.photobucket.com/albums/ll305/All7OfUs/Disney%20Trip%202010/LiesasWDWPix2010121.jpg

http://i291.photobucket.com/albums/ll305/All7OfUs/Disney%20Trip%202010/LiesasWDWPix2010133.jpg

http://i291.photobucket.com/albums/ll305/All7OfUs/Disney%20Trip%202010/LiesasWDWPix2010111.jpg

After him came a Rajah that simply secluded himself into the recesses of the forest where he communed with nature and hid himself from civilization.

http://i291.photobucket.com/albums/ll305/All7OfUs/Disney%20Trip%202010/LiesasWDWPix2010122.jpg

http://i291.photobucket.com/albums/ll305/All7OfUs/Disney%20Trip%202010/LiesasWDWPix2010123.jpg

In 1948, the whole of the land was finally given over to the people who, through collective efforts, nurture and care for the land and enjoy its beauty again. Each one encourages the other to watch and see; listen and hear; feel and sense, with gentle touch and stirring of heart. Now creatures such as these:

http://i291.photobucket.com/albums/ll305/All7OfUs/Disney%20Trip%202010/LiesasWDWPix2010119.jpg

http://i291.photobucket.com/albums/ll305/All7OfUs/Disney%20Trip%202010/LiesasWDWPix2010102.jpg

http://i291.photobucket.com/albums/ll305/All7OfUs/Disney%20Trip%202010/LiesasWDWPix2010106.jpg

http://i291.photobucket.com/albums/ll305/All7OfUs/Disney%20Trip%202010/LiesasWDWPix2010108-1.jpg

Can enjoy peace in their forest homes. The tiger populations will take another many years to replenish, but the current King and Queen, seen all over “Asia”, take special pride in teaching their subjects to cherish and love the land as they do.

Near the Ancient Grand Ballroom, now a spectacular sanctuary for avian, one can see a bas relief mural that shows what can happen if man does not heed the natural order of symbiosis with the natural world. Like all else in this hunting playground for the ancients, it is a testimony to what man can do now to make sure there are tigers for future generations to see.

http://i291.photobucket.com/albums/ll305/All7OfUs/Disney%20Trip%202010/LiesasWDWPix2010130.jpg

Birds now flock to this now restored jungle paradise, touting their vibrant plumage.

http://i291.photobucket.com/albums/ll305/All7OfUs/Disney%20Trip%202010/LiesasWDWPix2010138.jpg

http://i291.photobucket.com/albums/ll305/All7OfUs/Disney%20Trip%202010/LiesasWDWPix2010134.jpg

http://i291.photobucket.com/albums/ll305/All7OfUs/Disney%20Trip%202010/LiesasWDWPix2010132.jpg

They are well cared for and even apparently have no fear of being stepped on by careless visitors.

http://i291.photobucket.com/albums/ll305/All7OfUs/Disney%20Trip%202010/LiesasWDWPix2010137.jpg

Clearly, there is still work to be done here in Anandapur!!!

burly
04-13-2011, 12:22 AM
Wow the narrative was spot on!:cool1: (narative?)
the storytelling was first class!;)

Great pictures.

popcorn::

MAGICFOR2
04-13-2011, 01:35 AM
Wow! very creative, Liesa! :thumbsup2

chloe770
04-13-2011, 06:09 AM
:yay: Story time. Thank you for this update. It was not only interesting but educational. And...I can check off my " learn something new" early today.;)

Captain_Oblivious
04-13-2011, 08:03 AM
Wow, is that the whole story behind the ruins? I figured there must be some story to it since it's Disney, but never heard it before. You told it beautifully!

Oh, and I counted 4 Hidden Mickeys. One was featured it 2 consecutive pictures. Given my screen name, I probably missed some others. :rotfl2:

marvali
04-13-2011, 08:23 AM
Nice update! Scared me at first when it started with "D" and I was wondering how I missed the "C" update??? :confused3 Then I realized this wasn't a "letter" Chapter update! Afraid I might have missed a chance to earn some contest points........ :rolleyes1

Quick run through the pictures and I spotted 5 HMs, not counting the first one that showed up twice more in the zoomed out pictures. Will look some more later when I have more time and see if any more pop out at me!!! :woohoo:

englishrose47
04-13-2011, 09:12 AM
Great Narrative Liessa and beautiful pix !!

KatMark
04-13-2011, 09:32 AM
Liesa, you put ALL of us to shame with your storytelling. What a great job on the update...I loved it.

Sleepingbooty
04-13-2011, 09:42 AM
I agree with Kathy!

You really ought to consider writing as a career. Yes, I know, you are starting a nursing program - but you are so talented!!!

Camille, I love the start to the DISmeet story - can't wait to read more!

that's nice
04-13-2011, 10:12 AM
Caught up again!

I skimmed most of the banter... :rotfl2:

What a great day so far in AK! THANK YOU for shaving your pits! Glad you took a few minutes to see some old friends, plus with no lines... SCORE!

Love those hidden Mickey's! I don't think I've seen those before!

I will agree with some others when I saw I love your story telling. :) I never knew the story behind Anandapur.

I will get my guess in for B The Bodacious Boneyard!

Millie~~~ Love your meet story so far! :thumbsup2

glennbo123
04-13-2011, 11:55 AM
Loved the storytelling Liesa!

Centuries ago, Ananta, the Rajah of the land, founded this area.

Oh, why couldn't his name have been "Roger"? Roger Rajah.

He was well-loved by his people and, in fact you can even see his sarcophagus in a special place on the trails nearby.

Ooo, where is that? Is it in one of your pictures?

He, and those he invited to his private hunting lodge, decimated the populations of the magnificent beasts, only to one day, himself, become the hunted by the very species he exterminated.

He got his just desserts. Or became them, or something like that.

Another Rajah took his place, but he was given over to the lusts of the material world.

Maybe this one was Roger?

But not all rulers leave wanton destruction behind them.

Mmmmm, won tons.

Near the Ancient Grand Ballroom, now a spectacular sanctuary for avian, one can see a bas relief mural that shows what can happen if man does not heed the natural order of symbiosis with the natural world.

http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c168/WildCat69/banners/c-31.gif

vamassey1
04-13-2011, 01:22 PM
Fabulous back story, thank you so much for sharing. I will look at this area in a different light next time. Your pictures were great too.:thumbsup2

Camille I enjoyed the start of your report on the visit to Oregon. Loved your comeback for the TSA agents and look forward to more of the visit.

All7OfUs
04-13-2011, 02:55 PM
Wow the narrative was spot on!:cool1: (narative?)
the storytelling was first class!;)

Great pictures.

popcorn::

Awww, thanks, Kim!! That was a super fun installment to write. I've been looking forwar to it for quite some time!

Wow! very creative, Liesa! :thumbsup2

Thanks, Tammie! It was just as fun to tour it as to write about it!

:yay: Story time. Thank you for this update. It was not only interesting but educational. And...I can check off my " learn something new" early today.;)

Remember in kindergarten? Story time?? I never outgrew it. A good story brings greatness to a day!

Wow, is that the whole story behind the ruins? I figured there must be some story to it since it's Disney, but never heard it before. You told it beautifully!

Oh, and I counted 4 Hidden Mickeys. One was featured it 2 consecutive pictures. Given my screen name, I probably missed some others. :rotfl2:

It truly is.

But here's a CAVEAT: I pulled info from several sources, as well as just touring the area carefully and spending quite some time in there. I think I spent well over an hour on the trails soaking it all in. I had read a lot about it before going and this was one of the areas I was most excited about. It's astounding to me how well the story is pulled off in there.

As I was doing even more research over the last couple of days to do the writing, I learned even a lot more! :thumbsup2

Hmmm... I hadn't actually done up my own official counting of the HMs. I will go back and do that this afternoon. We'll see who hunted carefully....

All7OfUs
04-13-2011, 03:52 PM
Nice update! Scared me at first when it started with "D" and I was wondering how I missed the "C" update??? :confused3 Then I realized this wasn't a "letter" Chapter update! Afraid I might have missed a chance to earn some contest points........ :rolleyes1

Quick run through the pictures and I spotted 5 HMs, not counting the first one that showed up twice more in the zoomed out pictures. Will look some more later when I have more time and see if any more pop out at me!!! :woohoo:

Nope, I'm already "behind" in my own game. I'm still thinking on "C", but it should be up very soon! I'll let this update soak in first :)

Like I told Mark, I still need to go back and find the HM count. We'll see who was best HM spotter.

Great Narrative Liessa and beautiful pix !!

Thanks, Rosie, M'Dear!

Liesa, you put ALL of us to shame with your storytelling. What a great job on the update...I loved it.

Oh, I don't think so... There are plenty of great story tellers around here, and it's fun to read each one's different experiences in their own way. :goodvibes

I agree with Kathy!

You really ought to consider writing as a career. Yes, I know, you are starting a nursing program - but you are so talented!!!

Camille, I love the start to the DISmeet story - can't wait to read more!

I do love to write, but am not sure I have the discipline it would take to complete anything. Nor the expertise it would take to find a publisher. Who knows though, maybe someday. Right now, I just enjoy doing small things, like here.

All7OfUs
04-13-2011, 04:04 PM
What a great day so far in AK! THANK YOU for shaving your pits! Glad you took a few minutes to see some old friends, plus with no lines... SCORE!

Love those hidden Mickey's! I don't think I've seen those before!

I will agree with some others when I saw I love your story telling. :) I never knew the story behind Anandapur.

I will get my guess in for B

so far, it was a GREAT DAY! And to think it was only like 10:00 or so. But I have a bit of a confession to make. The way I"m doing this day is pretty out of order chronologically. Sometimes to fit the Letter of the Chapter. Sometimes to just fit the mood I'm in for writing. You'll see why next chapter....

Each Rajah has at LEAST ONE HM in his mural or murals. Look carefully, they are there!! And a ton just on the trail too. I asked several CMs along the way to point them out to me.

This storyline is one of the better ones the Imgineers came up with. THe one for Harambe is pretty cool too. :thumbsup2

So, I see you have a second word for the "B" location, but I was actually thinking of something you might FIND nearby- (several words will work) Think of an actual THING! ;)

Loved the storytelling Liesa!

Oh, why couldn't his name have been "Roger"? Roger Rajah.

[COLOR="Red"]:lmao::lmao::lmao:

Ooo, where is that? Is it in one of your pictures?

I didn't get a picture, becuase while I was there, I had forgotten that part of the story. But go to Jack Spence's blog on Allears, and he has a great picture of it. Just do a search for Animal Kingdom posts.

He got his just desserts. Or became them, or something like that.

I'm sure there was at least one happy tiger that day. And speaking of desserts, my review of Y&Y is coming up soon...

Maybe this one was Roger?

All I can think of when I see that is "Roger Rabbit", which doesn't work here at ALL.

Mmmmm, won tons.

And speaking of wontons, my review for Y&Y is coming up soon... :lmao:

http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c168/WildCat69/banners/c-31.gif

Did I need to s l o w down for you?? :rotfl2:

Fabulous back story, thank you so much for sharing. I will look at this area in a different light next time. Your pictures were great too.:thumbsup2

I hope you can find a new level of touring in there next time. I was actually pretty stunned at how much they crammed in there to support the story. Cool stuff, that!

I hope Camille carries on soon- more funny stuff coming up!:laughing:

3prettyprincesses
04-13-2011, 08:15 PM
Great update Liesa! Although I have to agree with Marv (always a dangerous thing I know) but I thought I had missed the "C" update too!:laughing: Glad I was wrong.

What a wonderful story teller you are!:thumbsup2 This update read like a novel, it was fabulous. Maybe you should do tours of Anandapur for Disney then?? Earn a little trip money. We just did the Maharajah Jungle Trek this past trip for the first time and loved it. The theming is phenomenal, I'm a real sucker for good theming!

Oh and it took me a minute to figure out why everyone was thanking you for shaving your pits!:confused3 Then I realized I'd missed another update so now it all makes sense:laughing:. Isn't Flik darling? We were able to see him too and he spent so much time with my girls.

Looks like you were enjoying your solo tour of AK! Yay!:woohoo:

tinacaplan
04-13-2011, 09:00 PM
Fantastic update, Liesa. Very interesting and things I did not know about the part of the Animal Kingdom. You such a talented writer. And we're so lucky that you share it with us! :goodvibes

marvali
04-13-2011, 09:20 PM
Okay, I up my HM count to 6 unique ones, with 5 of them appearing again in another picture that isn't a close up, for a total of 11. Will look again to see if any more reveal themselves..... :rolleyes1

Poolrat
04-13-2011, 09:24 PM
Love, Love, Love the trail update. I had heard the backstory from a blog but absolutley love the way you told it.

I spent some time back there but didn't know the whole backstory when I was back there. Next time with new opened eyes. :idea:

All7OfUs
04-13-2011, 09:37 PM
While you’re waiting for someone to add another chapter (Mary, are you still with us?? Camille, do you want me to continue with other parts of our Meet?) I thought I’d entertain you with the answer to Letter “B” in our current Game-o-rama.

Everyone who guessed was right on the money with “The Boneyard” in AK. There were a variety of great answers for the 2nd part of the answer. The one I was specifically thinking of when I wrote the question was: “Brontosaurus”, but many of you noticed that (with permission) I used Brook’s picture from her previous TR. THANKS, Brook!! Other creative words were thus, Brook, buckets, bones, the more PC iteration “Brachiosaurus”, and benches. GREAT JOB, Everyone!! Isn’t this fun!!??

Now, here’s your photoclue for Letter “C” in Where in the World?

http://i291.photobucket.com/albums/ll305/All7OfUs/Disney%20Trip%202010/ContemporaryConcourse.jpg

Tell me BY WAY OF PM: Where can this be found at Walt Disney World, and

SECONDLY, WITH ONE WORD, give me a closely associated word that is, or that you can see, or something that you can experience nearby.

Of course, we’re all entertained by the chatter of one another, so please don’t be shy or scarce. Good luck!

All7OfUs
04-13-2011, 10:58 PM
Great update Liesa! Although I have to agree with Marv (always a dangerous thing I know) but I thought I had missed the "C" update too!:laughing: Glad I was wrong.

Nope, but it's up now... :rolleyes1

What a wonderful story teller you are!:thumbsup2 This update read like a novel, it was fabulous. Maybe you should do tours of Anandapur for Disney then?? Earn a little trip money. We just did the Maharajah Jungle Trek this past trip for the first time and loved it. The theming is phenomenal, I'm a real sucker for good theming!

It's my dream job to work with disney again. But, sadly, I think a move to Florida is NOT in the cards.

The theming is just as you say! So much detail packed in there!

Oh and it took me a minute to figure out why everyone was thanking you for shaving your pits!:confused3 Then I realized I'd missed another update so now it all makes sense:laughing:. Isn't Flik darling? We were able to see him too and he spent so much time with my girls.

:lmao: Yep, I put up 2 pretty close together- as I was in the writing mood, and had the time. Gotta sieze that when you can!

I love how he sorta hides back in there on that hidden like trail. Great place to get some shade and a character! :thumbsup2

Looks like you were enjoying your solo tour of AK! Yay!:woohoo:

No doubt I was!

Fantastic update, Liesa. Very interesting and things I did not know about the part of the Animal Kingdom. You such a talented writer. And we're so lucky that you share it with us! :goodvibes

Trust me, I enjoy sharing it a lot!! So much fun stuff in there to give the material. :goodvibes

Okay, I up my HM count to 6 unique ones, with 5 of them appearing again in another picture that isn't a close up, for a total of 11. Will look again to see if any more reveal themselves..... :rolleyes1

Seriously! I need to go back and count them!! UGH!! I'ts the 13th, and I'm dangerously close to going over my internet time again. It resets on the 15th at midnight. So I may go dark here for the next 2 days... :sad2:

Love, Love, Love the trail update. I had heard the backstory from a blog but absolutley love the way you told it.

I spent some time back there but didn't know the whole backstory when I was back there. Next time with new opened eyes. :idea:

Most blogs hit the facts, and miss the emotional side of the story that could be there. sometimes I get emotional. :rotfl2:

There's even way more, I"m sure than I even am aware of... I'd love to be back there soon to hunt some more of it down. :yes:

All7OfUs
04-14-2011, 11:05 AM
Several good answers coming through for the Letter C round of Where in the World!! Great job! (Rosie look at the picture more carefully!)

Hope everyone is having a great day so far! Hoping to get an update for:

Everest Excitement and Extracurricular Enjoyment up this weekend AND your Letter D photoclue!

Meantime, what's everyone up to this weekend??

norybell
04-14-2011, 12:38 PM
All caught up! OK, ok, I skipped the banter, I'll admit.

First things first: C is for Contemporary and Children.

What a day in Epcot you had! I totally understand the impulse, when solo touring, to stay in the parks as long as possible, just because you can...even once it stops being pleasant! My first solo trip I pushed myself way too hard. It was still fun, but it was much more fun on later trips when I allowed myself to relax, too!

Love your safari pics, and your Rajah Ananta story!

KatMark
04-14-2011, 12:53 PM
Several good answers coming through for the Letter C round of Where in the World!! Great job! (Rosie look at the picture more carefully!)

Everest Excitement and Extracurricular Enjoyment up this weekend AND your Letter D photoclue!

I sent my PM. :goodvibes

Looking forward to the next update.

Weekend??? Mark is supposed to ump three baseball games on Saturday; but it is only supposed to be about 45 degrees (only 45 degrees LESS than it was in Florida last week) and rain. :mad:

All7OfUs
04-14-2011, 01:15 PM
All caught up! OK, ok, I skipped the banter, I'll admit.

What a day in Epcot you had! I totally understand the impulse, when solo touring, to stay in the parks as long as possible, just because you can...even once it stops being pleasant! My first solo trip I pushed myself way too hard. It was still fun, but it was much more fun on later trips when I allowed myself to relax, too!

Love your safari pics, and your Rajah Ananta story!

There was quite a bit of banter lately, so I'll give you a pass this time. ;)

I do think next time, I"ll spend more time resort hopping and doing more things outside the parks, but this time, there was so much I hadn't seen or done there, I needed to have some sort of focus.

I can say it was a leisurely tour around the world despite the headache making it not so fun toward the end.

d

I sent my PM. :goodvibes

Looking forward to the next update.

Weekend??? Mark is supposed to ump three baseball games on Saturday; but it is only supposed to be about 45 degrees (only 45 degrees LESS than it was in Florida last week) and rain. :mad:

Got your pm!! thanks!! :thumbsup2

Sitting in the cold and rain for a game sounds just icky!! It's supposed to be that weather here too, but I imagine I'll be sitting on my duff inside the house.

lovealldisney
04-14-2011, 01:52 PM
PM on the way :)

marvali
04-14-2011, 02:03 PM
Looks like a full day at work on Friday and Saturday for me, which I guess isn't so bad since we are supposed to have thunderstorms starting Friday afternoon and into Saturday morning. So even though it is supposed to be in the low 70s I guess I would be stuck inside anyway! :confused3

Hopefully I can enjoy Sunday since it is supposed to be sunny and mid-70s!!! :thumbsup2 :cool1: (And yes Kathy, I already know what you are going to say so no need to post it! Besides, I won't have that much free time this weekend anyway.......) :rolleyes1 Of course it could be like last week, when it was so hot a couple of days you could fry eggs on the sidewalk!!! ;)

KatMark
04-14-2011, 02:09 PM
Looks like a full day at work on Friday and Saturday for me, which I guess isn't so bad since we are supposed to have thunderstorms starting Friday afternoon and into Saturday morning. So even though it is supposed to be in the low 70s I guess I would be stuck inside anyway! :confused3

Hopefully I can enjoy Sunday since it is supposed to be sunny and mid-70s!!! :thumbsup2 :cool1: (And yes Kathy, I already know what you are going to say so no need to post it! Besides, I won't have that much free time this weekend anyway.......) :rolleyes1 Of course it could be like last week, when it was so hot a couple of days you could fry eggs on the sidewalk!!! ;)

Oh, when you come out to play, you are just hilarious. :eek:

englishrose47
04-14-2011, 02:14 PM

I'll look again!!!:rotfl2: But maybe this is not as easy as I thought !!!:rotfl2:

PirateKate
04-14-2011, 02:36 PM
I love Animal Kingdom! Out of all the parks, the theming in that one is so cool. I've never noticed about Island Mercantile only featuring animals who work. Love the back story of Anandapur, too. Parts of it sounded vaguely familiar, but I had never heard it all together like that. :thumbsup2

MAGICFOR2
04-14-2011, 02:53 PM
Ladies, I have my Friday night part done, but I am leaving for vacation next week, so if you want my story before May 6th, you might want to get your parts in! Just a friendly reminder! popcorn::

MAGICFOR2
04-14-2011, 02:56 PM
Shoot! I sent you my answer and now I see you are asking for ONE WORD so I am way off! :hippie: I think I'm stumped.

Cameo818
04-14-2011, 05:32 PM
Since it's been 11 years since I've been to WDW, I definitely can't participate in the game, but it's fun to see other folks' responses!

For giggles, I looked at prices for a trip to WDW in early October and it wasn't a bad price for staying in a moderate! Now if I could only win the lottery...;)

I looked on my camera today and I only have about 5 photos from the dinner in Salem on April 1...I've been waiting for someone to catch up to the point of that dinner and then I'll chime in. The story's off to a good start, though! Looking forward to more! popcorn::

All7OfUs
04-14-2011, 06:07 PM
PM on the way :)

got it!!

And it's my last weekend with my hubby home "jobless". Starting Monday, he'll be gainfully employed and our whole regimen is going to change drastically! Most ways it will be very good, but it could mean weekends will just be playing catch up.

I don't think your new scedule sounds that bad... 4 day weekends. What a concept.

I think Kentucky must have gotten some of your hot air. Mom was complaining of 80 Degrees + 10. My nine key NOR my dash keys work?? Odd.

Oh, when you come out to play, you are just hilarious. :eek:

Isn't he though! :laughing:

All7OfUs
04-14-2011, 06:13 PM
I'll look again!!!:rotfl2: But maybe this is not as easy as I thought !!!:rotfl2:

Don't worry, Rosie! Someone else said the same thing as you. ;) And by the way, I KNOW you've seen this because you walked right by it in one of your trips.

I love Animal Kingdom! Out of all the parks, the theming in that one is so cool. I've never noticed about Island Mercantile only featuring animals who work. Love the back story of Anandapur, too. Parts of it sounded vaguely familiar, but I had never heard it all together like that. :thumbsup2

All the shops feature a category of animals. Take a look!

I totally should have been in Imagineer! Wouldn't that be the coolest job ever!?

Ladies, I have my Friday night part done, but I am leaving for vacation next week, so if you want my story before May 6th, you might want to get your parts in! Just a friendly reminder! popcorn::

Tammie!! PLEASE go ahead and do your post! We all have such different schedules and such that we might, and should, do it UNchronologically. Letter rip!

Shoot! I sent you my answer and now I see you are asking for ONE WORD so I am way off! :hippie: I think I'm stumped.

I'll take a look!

Since it's been 11 years since I've been to WDW, I definitely can't participate in the game, but it's fun to see other folks' responses!

For giggles, I looked at prices for a trip to WDW in early October and it wasn't a bad price for staying in a moderate! Now if I could only win the lottery...;)

I looked on my camera today and I only have about 5 photos from the dinner in Salem on April 1...I've been waiting for someone to catch up to the point of that dinner and then I'll chime in. The story's off to a good start, though! Looking forward to more! popcorn::

In concept it's a fun game; if you want to take a stab at it by going to the DISBoards photo threads, be invited!

I haven't priced a trip in a very long time, but I found out today, I might get an interview with a local catering company next week. That could present some very interesting possibilities!

:banana::banana:

I think Tammie is going to go ahead and post her part, so it could be sooner than you think, that you'll need to chime in :)

Cameo818
04-14-2011, 06:55 PM
I haven't priced a trip in a very long time, but I found out today, I might get an interview with a local catering company next week. That could present some very interesting possibilities!

Yahoooooo! That's great news! And a catering company may have potential for a really fun job! The best of luck to you! :cool1: :dance3: :goodvibes

chloe770
04-14-2011, 07:19 PM

Weekend plans- Carlos Bakery( Cake Boss) run with some girlfriends tomorrow. Gotta pick up a cake to be auctioned off for a school fundraiser saturday night. Also Saturday we have baseball pictures, soccer pictures then soccer game. Gonna toss a pedicure in there somewhere. Sunday church , neighborhood egg hunt and recover from school fundraiser. Should be a fun weekend.:)

tinacaplan
04-14-2011, 07:28 PM

And its baseball season again. Wow. And we're looking at the same weather here, too. But it is the first weekend of mine and my husband's spring break! I'm looking forward to some serious house cleaning and organizing. I want to get rid of a lot of stuff. :lmao:

So jealous! :thumbsup2

I think Tammie is going to go ahead and post her part, so it could be sooner than you think, that you'll need to chime in :)

That's great. Catering, huh? Definitely sounds interesting. And possibly fun. :thumbsup2 And certainly can't wait to read more about the EPIC-est Dismeet! :goodvibes

lorainfam
04-14-2011, 07:48 PM
I hope you got my PM this morning? I at least think I got one part of it correct. ! ;)

mom3sonstt
04-14-2011, 10:17 PM
Just sentry pm a little bit ago.

Good luck with the catering job and with adjusting to hubby's new work schedule.

MAGICFOR2
04-15-2011, 01:03 AM

Hi Jen! It's nice to see you here! :wave2:

Captain_Oblivious
04-15-2011, 08:12 AM

Good luck with the interview! :goodvibes

JPFamilyMom
04-15-2011, 11:47 AM
Weekend plans- Carlos Bakery( Cake Boss) run with some girlfriends tomorrow. Gotta pick up a cake to be auctioned off for a school fundraiser saturday night. Also Saturday we have baseball pictures, soccer pictures then soccer game. Gonna toss a pedicure in there somewhere. Sunday church , neighborhood egg hunt and recover from school fundraiser. Should be a fun weekend.:)

That is so COOL!!! I love Cake Boss:)

Liesa, LOVED the latest update, thanks for the lesson, so interesting. I can't wait to walk to trails on our next trip.

Congrats on the possible catering gig, sounds like fun. now I need to go work my brain to come up with an answer for the C picture

Cameo818
04-15-2011, 12:49 PM
Hi Jen! It's nice to see you here! :wave2:

Hi Tammie!

Darn work keeps getting in the way of DISing...:rotfl:

jenbear123
04-15-2011, 01:14 PM
Darn work keeps getting in the way of DISing...:rotfl:

I hear you on that! :rotfl2:

maroo
04-15-2011, 03:58 PM
You guys know I am a total weather freak.....

So I figured I would share...:)

We had a tornado today!

No injuries that I know of from this tornado...but we had a pretty crazy morning! ** Now the news is reporting that either 4 people or 7 people were taken to local hospitals **

http://i933.photobucket.com/albums/ad174/marooTR/photo-96.jpg

This picture above was taken by one of my friends!

And this one below was taken by me from my office!

http://i933.photobucket.com/albums/ad174/marooTR/photo-97.jpg

It was a day full of bad weather and it isn't even over yet!

There is so much damage that they are not dropping the kids off at their homes because they have so much destruction. :mad:

Here is a video taken from the same tornado...

VIDEO of the Jackson, MS area tornado from today (4/15/2011) (http://youtu.be/jrkzBpeybkc)

It was crazy!

All7OfUs
04-15-2011, 07:16 PM
WHOA!!! Those are SOME pictures!! I hope everyone is ok, and that more than anything there was no one killed or hurt! :scared1::scared1::scared1:

Calling now!

glennbo123
04-15-2011, 07:21 PM
Oh my, that's scary Maroo. :eek:

maroo
04-15-2011, 07:47 PM
WHOA!!! Those are SOME pictures!! I hope everyone is ok, and that more than anything there was no one killed or hurt! :scared1::scared1::scared1:

Calling now!

My cell service is terrible.

I have no idea why?!? I am wondering if some main tower was destroyed or something...it has been spotty all day.

I finally decided I should stay off the phone so that people trying to reach other people could find them.

I have heard 4 people went to the hospital and I heard one source say 7 went to the hospital - and the rest were mild injuries. We had a lot of warning...they have been talking about this weather system for a few days and it was during the day, which I am sure saved a lot of lives!

There was a scary moment today where no one could reach Lisa and William - I knew they were at home and I knew they were hiding in the elevator shaft (because I had called them and used strong language to get them in the elevator...lol - NOW!), but I could not reach them after the storm and all accounts were that the tornado went from Clinton to Jackson to Ridgeland and then toward their house. I watched it on the radar. :(

Later Lisa said that she heard a loud airplane go over their house...I don't think many planes were flying through that weather...so I can only assume the twister went back into the clouds because they had very little damage over there at all - just some trees down.

But regardless, we could not reach them - so I am staying off the phone tonight until the cell service becomes a little better organized over here.

Oh my, that's scary Maroo. :eek:

It was! The signature on the radar was so clear! There was even debris on the radar...which is never a good sign. :sad2:

marvali
04-15-2011, 08:04 PM
Glad you are okay Maroo! Same storm is heading through the area where my sister lives in Alabama, on the way towards us later tonight! Going to be a long night!!!

KatMark
04-15-2011, 08:18 PM
Maroo, glad you are safe.

I hope whoever is in the storm's path stays safe tonight.

chloe770
04-15-2011, 08:26 PM
Maroo, glad you are safe.

I hope whoever is in the storm's path stays safe tonight.

Wow those are some intense pictures. I to am glad you are ok and pray for other's who are in the storms path. Stay safe!

maroo
04-15-2011, 10:14 PM
So…

Today's tornado in Jackson has inspired me to continue on my journey of telling you about the Baker part of my trip!

We are still on our solo days and Liesa has a LOT more to share than I do….but I need to catch back up with her in time so that we can start our together touring reporting at the same time! :goodvibes

so…

I suppose I should remind you guys where we left off!

We had enjoyed a great meal at Crystal Palace where Baker really interacted with the characters for the first time. It was Disney magic to watch Baker come out of his shell and interact with the characters!

I had left you with a cliffhanger about what the cool CM (Meg) did for Baker and his family!

Before I explain that, though, I want to remind everyone of Baker's story…why he was at Disney in the first place! They had a tornado that destroyed their home a few months earlier. Baker is a big Disney fan - especially a Mickey Mouse fan!! And he had a TON of Mickey Mouse stuffed animals. But when FEMA came around to do the damage assessment, they recommended that they get rid of all of Baker's stuffed animals because they all had little bitty pieces of fiberglass on them from the insulation of their house. Not safe for a stuffed toy!

They had tried to replace a few of the stuffed animals, but other things were really more important at the time and they certainly had not replaced them all.

Meg, who did not even know that, was so sweet and sent a stuffed Mickey to their room with the big Mickey hand gloves along with a card signed by the Big Cheese himself telling Baker how excited he was that Baker could come and visit him at Disney World! Baker LOVED both the card and the stuffed toy!!

http://i933.photobucket.com/albums/ad174/marooTR/61125_159163914100246_100000199153687_552254_35816 29_n.jpg

But…I am getting a bit ahead of myself…Because we did have one little adventure before they even got back to the room that makes for some great trip reporting material!

But first we head to Splash Mountain. Baker doesn't ride…but we take the girls for a PLUNGE!!

http://i933.photobucket.com/albums/ad174/marooTR/chialphachitownanddisneybaker2159-1.jpg

http://i933.photobucket.com/albums/ad174/marooTR/chialphachitownanddisneybaker2161-1.jpg

http://i933.photobucket.com/albums/ad174/marooTR/chialphachitownanddisneybaker2162-1.jpg

http://i933.photobucket.com/albums/ad174/marooTR/chialphachitownanddisneybaker2163-1.jpg

I love that water proof camera for shots like that! :thumbsup2

At this point it was time for a smoke break for a couple of folks in our clan that needed a little break…So we went to the smoking section between Frontierland and Liberty Square. The adults were all talking and Baker started to sorta wonder off…His Dad followed him…but did not quite get there in time…:rolleyes1

You see…Baker found one of those little kiosks that sell cokes and chips and decided he wanted one of each! :idea: So he just helped himself. He didn't do it in a malicious way at all…I guess he just figured he paid to get in the park so he could have all the drinks and chips he wanted! :rotfl:

But security didn't quite see it that way. I was AMAZED at how fast three security folks in plain clothes descended on Baker...:scared1:…Of course, his Dad was very quick in explaining he had autism and quickly paid for the drink and chips…but it was very interesting to see Disney security in action! The interesting thing to me was that I am convinced no one else around us even noticed the whole thing. The security was sly - very nonchalant…too cool for school…I mean, they meant business…but they were not there to make a scene at all.

We decided the smoke break was OVER! :cool2:

In fact, although it was not all that late, we decided that it was about time to call it a day.

We did catch one ride on Pooh!

http://i933.photobucket.com/albums/ad174/marooTR/chialphachitownanddisneybaker2205.jpg

http://i933.photobucket.com/albums/ad174/marooTR/chialphachitownanddisneybaker2198.jpg

Then we headed out of the park for the day.

I do want to show you guys some pictures of the "crowds" in the park that day…

http://i933.photobucket.com/albums/ad174/marooTR/chialphachitownanddisneybaker2186-1.jpg

See ALLLLLLLL the people???

http://i933.photobucket.com/albums/ad174/marooTR/chialphachitownanddisneybaker2185-1.jpg

You don't?

You don't see them?

Well…that is because they are not there! It was empty!

http://i933.photobucket.com/albums/ad174/marooTR/chialphachitownanddisneybaker2184-1.jpg

Gotta love September!

KatMark
04-15-2011, 10:19 PM
Good to see an update, Maroo. I love the photo of Baker with his new Mickey hands and stuffed Mickey. Glad the girls got on Splash Mountain with you. Wow on the story about security. I hope Baker wasn't shaken up[ by it; but good to know that security is on top of things at Disney.

maroo
04-15-2011, 11:39 PM
Good to see an update, Maroo. I love the photo of Baker with his new Mickey hands and stuffed Mickey. Glad the girls got on Splash Mountain with you. Wow on the story about security. I hope Baker wasn't shaken up[ by it; but good to know that security is on top of things at Disney.

Thanks! :)

I don't even really think Baker really got involved with the security at all...He was not phased by it! :) Security didn't bother him so much as they sorta eyeballed his Dad until he paid! :lmao:

glennbo123
04-16-2011, 06:28 AM
Wow, I can't believe the (non-)crowds!

Oh my gosh, Baker got busted. Glad it turned out okay.

Awesome story about that cast member sending a stuffed Mickey to Baker's room. :thumbsup2

chloe770
04-16-2011, 07:28 AM
Really cool pictures of Splash. I never even thought of shooting like that. Sorry Baker got busted but good to know Disney security is on it. Cool story about the Pixie Dust Mickey.

tinacaplan
04-16-2011, 08:30 AM
Maroo, those are some amazing tornado pictures. Up in my neck of the woods, we don't get weather like that very often and on the incredibly rare occasions when we do, you can't see things because of all the hills. Glad everyone is safe.

Love the "crowd" picutres! :lmao: I dream of being able to go away in September, but as a teacher, that's never going to happen. Oh, well! :goodvibes Glad security didn't give anyone too hard a time, too.

3prettyprincesses
04-16-2011, 09:01 AM
Great update Maroo, I've been waiting to hear how Baker did on his trip!:goodvibes His family's backstory is so sad! I can't imagine losing everything like that.

He looks SO happy with all his stuff on the bed, so cute! How could that CM have known! It's so awesome! And Baker has good taste, Mickey is the best!:thumbsup2

Those Splash Mountain pics are great! I should invest in a water proof camera so I can get some cool water ride pics!

OMG, Baker got busted!:laughing: Now Disney security has branded him a felon!:laughing: I'm glad they didn't pester him though and rather just gave his Dad the evil eye.

The crowds!!! How were you able to endure it?;) The park looks completely deserted.:woohoo: Were the low crowds a factor of when Baker took his his trip? I'm sure it helped.:goodvibes

Glad you were safe too with that tornado weather! How scary. I am terrified of tornados (yet I love that movie Twister, totally inconsistent I know!).

Thanks for the update!:goodvibes

englishrose47
04-16-2011, 09:04 AM
Glad you are okay Maroo!!! Scarey stuff !!:scared1:

englishrose47
04-16-2011, 09:07 AM
Great Update maroo!!I loved the pix of Baker and his Mickey!!

MAGICFOR2
04-16-2011, 10:35 AM
Maroo! So happy you and your family are okay. I'm sorry there was so much damage in the area. Scarey stuff.

Fun update with Baker! How cute he just helped himself to a snack!:rotfl2:

MAGICFOR2
04-16-2011, 11:05 AM
Well, Liesa said "Let 'er rip" so I guess I'll chime in! Don't worry I won't really. Let her rip, I mean.

1 week from today we will be landing in ORANGE COUNTY!!!!:yay::yay: I'm getting to the "too excited to sleep" point about now.

So now for my take on our Friday night meet and our fabulous dinner - I know Jen is waiting in the wings for her part too!

I tried to call Camille on Thursday because I knew the Liesa and Camille were together. I instead got "some chick in Texas" who told me she was Camille, but then said, "Tammie, who are you tryin' to reach?" She wasn't amused that I had the wrong number. I wasn't amused she was impersonating the famous Camille. :headache: I reached Liesa at home just as the jets did a flyby to celebrate our upcoming Epic meet. That's how I roll. With the sound of Freedom in the distance, we did our last minute check-in, and I stepped into the store to by some wine.

I started my Friday feeling pretty confident about joining the girls and Tate pretty quickly. After all, my nail appointment had cancelled, I was all packed, the car was ready. All I had to do was stop by to taste some cupcakes for a Monday party and be on my way!

Well, best laid plans. I don’t even know how the morning started to unravel. Oh, first I overslept. The dog had barked at 3am and DH got up to check on her. He left the bedroom door open and she came running in and out a couple of times – just enough to wake me up. Then after accepting profuse apologies from DH, it took me until 6am to go back to sleep. So it was 8:30 when I woke up.
I had discovered a problem with an order the night before, so I was on the phone for 20 min at 8:30 – should have been 6:30- and so it went from there. After eating a delicious Margherita cupcake, sorting out a problem with my cell phone, going to the bank – Yikes – way too many errands – I left at 12:00 – only to be behind car after truck after car over the mountains going only about 20-40 mph. It is very hard to get 270 miles in 4 hrs going only 40 mph. I called Camille this time, not the chick in Texas, and she said "I wish you could be here earlier..." See above sentence. :sad2:

I came flying down Liesa’s street at about 5pm. I was happy she had posted pics of her lovely home and handsome DH here, because as I passed it, I saw Mike standing out in front of THE house! I waved as I passed, and then turned around and came back. He probably thought I was a total airhead, but he didn’t show it. He opened the door for me and Liesa and Camille and Zach were waiting just inside the door!

They made quick work of unloading my bags and I was escorted upstairs to my “princess” bedroom. I named it that because I had my own room with a nice big bed, and cute furniture, with sloping ceilings and lots of light coming in. There was even a ceramic pitcher with fresh picked flowers in it! (I thought I took a pic, but it’s not on my camera Liesa and Camille, you both made me feel so special and welcome!

Almost immediately, Tate insisted on pouring each of us a glass of celebratory wine out on the deck with the beautiful river view.

http://i191.photobucket.com/albums/z248/MAGICFOR2/EPIC%20DISMEET/IMGP2538.jpg

Camille brought out a beautiful Caribbean turquoise crocheted blanket she had made for me - (Liesa already had hers). http://i191.photobucket.com/albums/z248/MAGICFOR2/EPIC%20DISMEET/IMGP2536.jpg I sat back, wrapped in warmth and love and sipped the delicious wine while enjoying the sun glistening on the Wilamette river as it flowed quite swiftly by. I took a deep breath, and enjoyed the fresh air laced with the scents of fresh mowed grass, flowering bushes and wet mud. I could have sat there for hours!

http://i191.photobucket.com/albums/z248/MAGICFOR2/EPIC%20DISMEET/IMGP2535.jpg

http://i191.photobucket.com/albums/z248/MAGICFOR2/EPIC%20DISMEET/IMGP2537.jpg

NEXT: Are you Legit???

jenbear123
04-16-2011, 12:16 PM
Great pictures going down the hill on Splash Mountain, Maroo! It makes my stomach tickle just looking at it. I can't believe the lack of crowds in September :thumbsup2

Sounds like a great start to the DIS Meet! Leisa, your house is just gorgeous!

Poolrat
04-16-2011, 12:27 PM
Maroo - Glad you are Ok. We got those storms a little while ago and they just "stormed" right through. Bright and sunny now. :sunny:

Love the meet update- It looks so peaceful sitting out on the deck. :cloud9: