PDA

View Full Version : grandma, grandpa and 11month old

hannymom
03-09-2011, 10:54 AM
mommy and daddy are going to universal for one day. (the rest are disney days)
we are keeping their little one. what can grandpa and i do with an 11 month old grandbaby? any parks? anywhere geered for little ones?

Danibelle
03-09-2011, 10:58 AM
If you are thinking theme parks, I would suggest either MK or AK. I would go low key and take a midday break! If you are thinking outside of Disney, I would go to Seaworld. I think DHS would be my last choice with an infant.

hannymom
03-09-2011, 11:08 AM
we will all be going to MK with her, this is just one day that we decided to let the mommy and daddy enjoy a day of roller coasters at universal.

Orlando Vic
03-09-2011, 12:48 PM
I have the perfect suggestion: The Winter Park Scenic Boat Tour http://scenicboattours.com/home.htm

Second choice would be Gatorland.

Skip the big parks as they are too much (IMO) for an 11-month old baby.

CherylA
03-09-2011, 01:29 PM
If your hotel has a nice pool and facilities I say have a leisurely day by the pool. The little one could probably stand for some down town and it would probably be a nice resting day for the two of you too. If you don't have a nice pool maybe an afternoon at Typhoon lagoon (they have a nice kiddie area) or strolling around and having lunch at downtown Disney.

hannahdrewmom
03-09-2011, 01:48 PM
I'd do a special character breakfast outside the park just the three of you. Then maybe do Fort Wilderness. It has some animals that you could stroll around as well as lots of places to walk or DTD is great for little ones to stroll around. They have some kiddie rides that are pay as you go, like a carousel and a train. They also have those pop up fountains that are fun to watch and play in. Just make sure to remember extra clothes.

hannymom
03-09-2011, 07:06 PM
thanks for all the wonderful suggestions. i can't wait for the newest member of our family to meet the mouse!!