PDA

View Full Version : need budget hotel (but Nice) gulf beach area

WendyLovesPeter
03-08-2011, 11:38 AM
perhaps Madeira or Treasure Island areas.... party of 10 (adults, low 20s, teens and little ones). Only staying 3 nights so week long condo rental is out. Would like something with multiple close eating options, ice cream, souvenir etc.

WendyLovesPeter
03-08-2011, 06:22 PM
any suggestions or experiences

GoldenAfternoon
03-09-2011, 11:23 AM
I suggest the Berkeley Beach House or the Keystone Motel in Pass-a-Grille. It's a lovely area just south of Treasure Island and Madeira Beach.

EileenLS
03-09-2011, 12:40 PM
We went to Treasure Island last April for a few days after our Disney trip and we stayed at the Bilmar Hotel. I would NOT recommend this hotel. It is the worst place I have ever stayed in. You might want to consider the Clearwater Beach area.

WendyLovesPeter
03-09-2011, 04:37 PM
I suggest the Berkeley Beach House or the Keystone Motel in Pass-a-Grille. It's a lovely area just south of Treasure Island and Madeira Beach.

making sure you don't have to stay full week

mrspaha
03-09-2011, 06:58 PM
I'm not sure what you mean by "budget" and this might not qualify but we stayed at St Pete Beach at the Alden Beach Resort, and absolutely loved it. It was a mini family reunion, but we didn't have any real little ones. But, it's right on the beach; it also had sand volleyball, 2 pools, ping pong, tennis, and shuffleboard. They also had a large picnic area with grills. I thought it was very reasonably priced, considering everything it had to offer. You can google it to get their website.

PartyOf5
03-09-2011, 08:24 PM
We have stayed at Sunset Vistas a few times on Treasure Island. Each condo has 2 bedrooms and a pull out couch in the living room. Prices vary depending on view. There is also a newer Marriott next door that you might want to check out for deals.