View Full Version : Airfare and increase w/gas?

03-08-2011, 11:14 AM
I am hoping for opinions as to what to do.if you were k
Going to buy tickets would you do it now for 2100r/t or wait to see if they go down or run the risk of them going up too because of gas??? Help please:confused3

03-08-2011, 11:22 AM
that's a tough one. It depends on how soon you're going.....we're going to Boson in July and I'm waiting it out a little....

I went to Bing.com to their travel tracker...you can fill in your info and it'll give you an indication of if you should buy / wait depending on the history. You might want to try it to just see what it says. Also, yapta.com works the same way. You can sign up for notifications if your trip $$ changes... you'll get an email. But both are really good indicators.

I'm hoping that this is just a reaction to what's going on in Libya right now and that maybe it will even itself out after the panic subsides. but only time will tell I guess.

Nik's Mom
03-08-2011, 11:28 AM
Normally I would just say to check it on Bing.com. But the way things are now, no one can predict what will happen at this point. If you are comfortable with the price, then buy now. Some airlines will give credit if the price drops after you book. Southwest does that for sure. It's it's pretty easy to get the credit.

You can also choose to wait for a better deal, but there is the chance that the price will go up.

I hate trying to make these decisions myself, so I feel your pain.

03-08-2011, 11:40 AM
this thing on bing.com seems really great. how accurate do you think it is?
anyone use it successfully?

03-08-2011, 11:44 AM
this thing on bing.com seems really great. how accurate do you think it is?
anyone use it successfully?

I use it all the time..... for us, it works terrific. we used it for our Disney flights and Christmas flights and waited until it said "buy". It only went down once after we bought it and it was only like $ 15.00 a ticket, so that wasn't any big deal. :thumbsup2

03-08-2011, 11:52 AM
That is definitely a tough call. We're driving, but just to compare I looked at airfare last week and it was $200 RT. Yesterday the same flights went to $300 RT. The problem is no one knows what is going to happen. Right now the increase is just because speculators are thinking production is going to be decreased or halted because of all the unrest. Truth is, that production currently has not changed one bit. Darn oil companies :mad:

03-08-2011, 12:00 PM
You guys should check out Allegiant Air. Their rates are ridiculous. The only issue is that they fly into Sanford...not MCO. But you can rent a car and drive to the Car Care Center next to the MK then use Disney transporation to get to the resort...then vice versa to get back to Sanford airport when your vacation is over. I've heard it takes about the same amount of time to drive from Sanford to WDW than it does getting there on the Magical Express from MCO. But if you can make it work with Allegiant you'll save a TON of $. FYI....they were selling tickets during Jan for $29 each way....just keep you eye out on their website.


03-08-2011, 12:18 PM
We have a price that we keep in mind when looking at tickets. If it's at or below that price, we buy.

If not, we'll wait a bit and hope it doesn't go up. LOL