PDA

View Full Version : Jordache Jeans.....

NYCDiane
03-07-2011, 09:19 PM
Any over 40s here remember Jordache Jeans??? Oh man! I remember when they first came out --- the first ever "designer" jeans! I just HAD to have a pair! If you had Jordache, you were "it". LOL!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HIIAUYv2Drs

Well, I was at Wal Mart yesterday and they're selling them there. They're only $23. I asked my DD if she wanted a pair and she said "ewwwww" :eek:
I told her that when I was a teen, you just HAD to have Jordache and they were the most expensive jeans out there. (I remember them at Macy*s) She couldn't believe that we were all crazy over them (I think they're a much lower quality now, though, because they didn't look as good as they did back then -- they still had the horsehead on the front change pocket, though!)

After Jordache, came Calvin, JouJou, BonJour.... OH! and Sergio Valenti (uh-oh SERGIO, uh-oh SERGIO....sergio valenti, sergio valenti JEANS...uh-oh SERGIO) ROFL!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VKjAxGDfBec&feature=related

lck33
03-07-2011, 09:30 PM
I remember them and had to have them!!! Also remember the Sasson Jeans and Sweet Ors. Man I think i lived in my jeans. and they had to be skin tight. thanks for the memories. think I just might get a pair for memories sake!

kato0627
03-07-2011, 09:37 PM
Yes!!! Had to have Jordache to wear Roller Skating.:rotfl2:
But... I had to wait for Christmas to get them.. Ah the good old days.

holden
03-07-2011, 09:48 PM
Oh yea! Lying on my bed with my comb stuck through the zipper so i could zip them. Then putting the comb in my back pocket (of course) to head out to the roller rink with my freshly curled "winged back" hair.

kacaju
03-07-2011, 10:01 PM
Oh yea! Lying on my bed with my comb stuck through the zipper so i could zip them. Then putting the comb in my back pocket (of course) to head out to the roller rink with my freshly curled "winged back" hair.

We were so coool back then!!

SookieStackhouse
03-07-2011, 10:01 PM
I am under 40 and yes I remember them! :thumbsup2

Mary•Poppins
03-07-2011, 10:02 PM
Yes!!! Had to have Jordache to wear Roller Skating.:rotfl2:
But... I had to wait for Christmas to get them.. Ah the good old days.

Oh my gosh! Everyone had to have a pair! I remember I could only afford one pair and must have wore them over and over again. A very popular girl had quite a few pairs and in varied colors (do you remember all those bright colors! :rotfl:) ... no wait ... weren't those Gloria Vanderbilts??

And yes ... you wore them to the roller skating rink ... the local teenage hang-out! :lmao:

NYCDiane
03-07-2011, 10:51 PM
Oh my gosh! Everyone had to have a pair! I remember I could only afford one pair and must have wore them over and over again. A very popular girl had quite a few pairs and in varied colors (do you remember all those bright colors! :rotfl:) ... no wait ... weren't those Gloria Vanderbilts?? And yes ... you wore them to the roller skating rink ... the local teenage hang-out! :lmao:

Yes, those were "Gloria Vanderbilt" jeans.... oh, how I loved those when I got a little older! They were a perfect fit for me. I met Gloria Vanderbilt back then when I worked at JFK Airport and told her that her jeans were the only ones that fit me perfectly. She gave me that big Gloria Vanderbilt smile! LOL!!

NYCDiane
03-07-2011, 10:52 PM

ROFL!!!! The "winged" Farrah hair! LOL!!!! Memories!!!!!!!!!!!

NYCDiane
03-07-2011, 10:54 PM
I remember them and had to have them!!! Also remember the Sasson Jeans and Sweet Ors. Man I think i lived in my jeans. and they had to be skin tight. thanks for the memories. think I just might get a pair for memories sake!

Oooh La-La Sasson! Oooh La-La Sasson! Then they came out with the Vidal Sasson hair products (I LOVED them!!) that smelled like coconut!!!

OH! Does anyone remember "Agree" shampoo and conditioner? LOL!!

This is going to turn into a 70s/80s trip down Memory Lane!! LOL!!!!

familydisney
03-07-2011, 10:57 PM
I have a student whose last name is Valenti and EVERY time I see her, I get the jingle "Sergio Valente" with all the girls saying, "We love you, Sergio!" in my head. I also remember Gitano and Chic jeans!

It's 80s day at my school tomorrow, and now I'm wishing I kept some of my leg warmers and shoulder pads... I have decided that the styles come back in fashion just when those of us who lived through them the first time are over 40 so then we would have given all of ours away and not be tempted to "go there" again. Like parachute pants and neon?? I don't think so!
:lmao:

kacaju
03-07-2011, 11:18 PM
ROFL!!!! The "winged" Farrah hair! LOL!!!! Memories!!!!!!!!!!!

Based on your name I am assuming you are in NYC. If you are do you watch the local ABC news on channel 7? I swear most of the female news anchors have * Farrah Hair* just more curled..not winged

NYCDiane
03-07-2011, 11:22 PM
Based on your name I am assuming you are in NYC. If you are do you watch the local ABC news on channel 7? I swear most of the female news anchors have * Farrah Hair* just more curled..not winged

Yes!!! Especially that really skinny one with the black hair ( she's got a really long face and "Cher" eyes? I can't think of her name even tho I watch ABC-7 every night!)

NYCDiane
03-07-2011, 11:24 PM
I have a student whose last name is Valenti and EVERY time I see her, I get the jingle "Sergio Valente" with all the girls saying, "We love you, Sergio!" in my head. I also remember Gitano and Chic jeans!

It's 80s day at my school tomorrow, and now I'm wishing I kept some of my leg warmers and shoulder pads... I have decided that the styles come back in fashion just when those of us who lived through them the first time are over 40 so then we would have given all of ours away and not be tempted to "go there" again. Like parachute pants and neon?? I don't think so!
:lmao:

Flashdance!! Leggings, leg warmers, and the huge cutoff sweatshirt with the one sleeve off the shoulder......

Shoulder pads a la "Dynasty"

Parachute pants --- LOL!!!

Neon --- don't forget the slouchy socks and the LA Gear hi-tops with 2 different color laces in each sneaker!!!!

jemgumby
03-07-2011, 11:26 PM
37 years old and oh yeah do I remember Jordache Jeans. I got a pair when I was in 3rd grade. I remember I had 1 pair of Jordache, 1 pair of Lee Jeans, and 1 pair of Gloria Vanderbilt. Oh yay baby. Yes I wore mine roller skating with my feathered hair too!

MickeyManiac
03-07-2011, 11:33 PM
Can't forget Guess Jeans. I wanted them so bad. I only got one pair and guess what...I still have them!!!! They were such an important part of my teen years I haven't been able to part with them (and yep, I'm 40)

Oh to only be able to fit into them... ;)

bumbershoot
03-07-2011, 11:36 PM
I could only afford Gloria Vanderbilt, and I hated them every time I wore them. :( Plus, I felt they looked awful... My true Levis 501s were way better for me.

What I miss are the Ditto jeans that I wore in elementary school, the ones with the upside down U over your rear. LOVED those things!

Lassie Lynne
03-08-2011, 12:09 AM
And let's not forget what we wore along with our jeans........polo shirts and Member's Only Jackets :rotfl:. Oh.....and Charlie perfume....:rolleyes1

familydisney
03-08-2011, 01:30 AM
For my sis and I it was Love's Baby Soft and Jean Nate... :goodvibes

Minnie116
03-08-2011, 05:52 AM
"You've got the Jordace look..."

pklein09
03-08-2011, 06:38 AM
I wanted those jeans, too, but money was very tight growing up. So my mom said, "You want Calvin Klein written across your a$$, go get me a pen." :scared1: I wasn't happy with that comment then, but I think it's very funny now. :rotfl2: I managed through high school in Wranglers and hand-me-downs. My kids, thank goodness, are not into names or brands or styles. Neither am I, for that matter. I've saved soooooo much money over the years....which now goes to our Disney habit!!! :thumbsup2 Funny thing...I married a guy with the last name Klein, so now I write it practically every day!:goodvibes

mrscramer
03-08-2011, 06:49 AM
I had a pair! I saw them at Walmart too and cracked up! It really was funny to see them there.

DisneyAndRedSox
03-08-2011, 07:14 AM
OMG- from 3rd to early 6th grade I was a chubby kid! My Mom bought be Jordache jeans (from Wanamaker's in the Moorestown Mall-lol I remember) and had to get them professionally hemmed!

In 6th grade I had a health scare and lost a ton of weight & shot up about 6 inches. I remember I needed all new clothes and I got a pair of designer jeans that were solid on one side and striped on the other. I can't remember the brand. Loved those jeans, eventually needed to lay down on the bed to zipper them!

I still remember my first Guess jeans- my aunt is very wealthy and got them for me for Christmas. And I think I wore them with Reebok high-top aerobic sneakers!

Funny thing- I now wear Old Navy Diva jeans and get them on sale for $19.99, not a penny more! :rotfl:

ssawka
03-08-2011, 07:16 AM
Yes, and it broke my heart a few years ago when Wal*Mart started selling Ocean Pacific. I had to have OP!

You know, it's funny. I was just saying to DW that Calvin Klien is the only designer (that I can think of) from the 80's that has remained "designer" since the 80's.

vsimeone
03-08-2011, 07:20 AM
Oh, the days. My birthday is the end of the month - I'm halfway through my 40's now :scared1:

I begged my grandma to buy me a pair of Jordache jeans. She had no idea what they were but she still bought them. Then I scrimped and saved every last penny to buy a pair of Nike "swish" shoes to wear with them. I was STYLIN'! :hippie:

DisneyAndRedSox
03-08-2011, 07:20 AM

DD(5) takes roller skating lessons on Saturdays. Two weeks ago they played Michael Jackson's "Bad" and boy did I get some roller-rink flashbacks! :rotfl2:

When I told my friend that DD was now skating, she asked me if DD was putting a comb in her back pocket! :laughing:

kaseyC
03-08-2011, 08:25 AM
And let's not forget what we wore along with our jeans........polo shirts and Member's Only Jackets :rotfl:. Oh.....and Charlie perfume....:rolleyes1

Double polo shirts in coordinating colors underneath that Member's Only jacket. Practically a whole can of Aquanet to keep those winged bangs in place. LOL

LeeLee'sMom
03-08-2011, 08:28 AM

:rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2:...Exactly...I think anyone in our age group, had the exact same outfits and hair..loved my big hot pink comb :rotfl2:

DisneyAndRedSox
03-08-2011, 08:33 AM
and remember the comb that looked like an ice cream cone? I know someone who still has hers at her parents house!

DisneyAndRedSox
03-08-2011, 08:35 AM
Double polo shirts in coordinating colors underneath that Member's Only jacket. Practically a whole can of Aquanet to keep those winged bangs in place. LOL

Not just aquanet, I even had a travel curling iron that ran on butane! That thig had so much hair spray burned on it! :rotfl2:

Robmom
03-08-2011, 08:37 AM
Ah memories! I had the Jordache, Sergio Valente, Member's Only jacket, and Jean Nate splash. And of course the feathered hair with Aquanet. :rotfl: My DD had an 80's day, and with her clothes and hair, she looked exactly like me back then.

Sgt Mickey
03-08-2011, 08:39 AM
:thumbsup2loved my Jordache jeans.

LeeLee'sMom
03-08-2011, 08:45 AM
Not just aquanet, I even had a travel curling iron that ran on butane! That thig had so much hair spray burned on it! :rotfl2:

You are killing me :rotfl2:..butane...:lmao:..I remember having 'feathered roach-clips' hanging from my hair, jean pockets etc. and not having any idea what the "roach-clips" were really used for..duh :rotfl2:

kaseyC
03-08-2011, 09:05 AM
This was my 1982/83 going out to party outfit... designer jeans, ruffled blouse, aquanetted hair, lavender Members Only and MIA flats... oh yeah and two bottles of that fine wine... Boones Farm Strawberry Hill and Tickle Pink! :rotfl:

maggiew
03-08-2011, 09:46 AM
Great! Now I can't get the jingle, "Ohh La La ... Sassoon!" out of my head!!!

I had the Jordache with the comb in my back pocket. :)

I'm embarassed to say, though, that almost all of my jeans NOW are Gloria Vanderbilt!! I have found that the GV Amanda jeans are the only ones that fit me now. I get them at Kohls when they are on sale and I can use a 30% coupon. Granted, these are all denim colored and not red or blue etc. like the ones I had in high school!!!

What was the shampoo where you had to tell your friend... and they tell their friend ... and they tell their friend ... and so on and so on and so on???

Maggie

maggiew
03-08-2011, 09:48 AM
Yes, and it broke my heart a few years ago when Wal*Mart started selling Ocean Pacific. I had to have OP!

You know, it's funny. I was just saying to DW that Calvin Klien is the only designer (that I can think of) from the 80's that has remained "designer" since the 80's.

Oh Geez! Ocean Pacific!!! We couldn't afford Ocean Pacific but I did manage to buy an Ocean Atlantic shirt in Atlantic city one year. :lmao:

Maggie

marthachick
03-08-2011, 03:57 PM
What was the shampoo where you had to tell your friend... and they tell their friend ... and they tell their friend ... and so on and so on and so on???

Maggie

Was it "Gee Your Hair Smells Terrific?" That's the only one I can think of.

marthachick
03-08-2011, 04:00 PM

With color coordinated socks to match one of the shirts! :lmao:

Arkansan
03-08-2011, 04:40 PM

And several strings of plastic bead necklaces in matching colors! We also wore the collars up on our polo shirts--never the "normal" way. Also jelly shoes and banana clips in our hair. Pretty cute!

rhondabee
03-08-2011, 04:47 PM
I had a pair in high school.

Jen_in_NH
03-08-2011, 04:58 PM
Around here, the Guess jeans were the big thing. Along with Benetton shirts, anything OP, and those Candies sneakers or Reebok hi-tops. With 2 different pairs of socks layered properly, and the legs of the jeans pegged as tight as you could stand them.

I'm having some crazy urge to go listen to some Bangles music....

mom to minnie&mickey
03-08-2011, 05:03 PM

:lmao::lmao::lmao:

OMG talk about memories coming back. For me it was lying on the bed and trying to close them with a metal coat hanger. Of course, the hardest part after that was getting up off the bed as they were sooooo tight!:rotfl:

maggiew
03-08-2011, 05:04 PM
Was it "Gee Your Hair Smells Terrific?" That's the only one I can think of.

I looked it up. It was Faberge.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TgDxWNV4wWY

Maggie

lUVTOGO
03-08-2011, 05:13 PM
WigWam socks!! Everybody had those too with their Reebok high tops!! Slouchy of course!

ssawka
03-08-2011, 05:15 PM

And let's not forget, your Jordache's had to be pleated an rolled.

And several strings of plastic bead necklaces in matching colors! We also wore the collars up on our polo shirts--never the "normal" way. Also jelly shoes and banana clips in our hair. Pretty cute!

And what about friendship bracelets? Never had them personally, but I had two older sisters :)

nchulka
03-08-2011, 07:05 PM
When I was in Kindergarten we were driving my grandma's old Mustang and one day my mom brought one of my friends home from school. When she saw the horse on the car she said "Ohhh, you have a jordache car!!!

DebMcDonald
03-08-2011, 08:51 PM
Jordache Jeans, Izod with collar up (I think I owed every single color) and pearls, had to have the pearls. I actually still have that pair of pearls. And then yes, off to roller skating. OMG, how we have aged....because it doesn't seem that long ago.

SookieStackhouse
03-09-2011, 06:08 AM
Can't forget Guess Jeans. I wanted them so bad. I only got one pair and guess what...I still have them!!!! They were such an important part of my teen years I haven't been able to part with them (and yep, I'm 40)

Oh to only be able to fit into them... ;)

OMG Guess Jeans, yes!!! I totally had 2 pairs of those when I was in high school! They were the end all be all of pants!

Iwant2BAprincess
03-09-2011, 08:58 AM
OK , I didn't read thru all 4 pages but in case it hasn't been mentioned-lets not forget the other 2 crucial Jordache items-the thick nylon belt with the logo printed on it(mine was hot pink) and the purse on the little satin string (red velvet and purple)

Mom2Ashli
03-09-2011, 09:34 AM

I had one of those also. I loved that thing.

You are killing me :rotfl2:..butane...:lmao:..I remember having 'feathered roach-clips' hanging from my hair, jean pockets etc. and not having any idea what the "roach-clips" were really used for..duh :rotfl2:

I had those also.

You guys are cracking me up. The walk down memeory lane is great.

holden
03-09-2011, 12:08 PM
THis thread is so funny! What about the fake leather pants (pleather). I had them in grey to go with my pink and grey shirt - you know, the one with the zipper that went from the shoulder diagonally down to the other side so that when you unzipped it a little flap hung down revealing the pink underneath it? Yes, pink and grey, how cool was that?

littlezar
03-09-2011, 03:53 PM
Ahhh, the memories!! I know I'm not the only one that started singing along with those videos!! I had most of the stuff already listed ~ a pair each of Jordache, Sergio Valenti, Sassoon, Gloria Vanderbilt (pink cords, LOL!!), 2 pairs of parachute pants, big comb in the back pocket, farrah hair, had one of those butane curling irons, loved Aquanet and my huge purse to carry it all!

On a somewhat related note....a couple of weeks ago, my husband was trying to explain carrying around a big old boombox with the tunes blaring to our boys. They were sitting there with their itty bitty ipods with enough music on them that we'd have needed a couple of wagons full of cassettes (LOL) to equal what they have and they looked at us like we were crazy!

angierae
03-09-2011, 04:26 PM

I had one of those curling irons! We'd spray the heck out of our bangs with it still in the curling iron so we could get that perfect peacock look!

One year for Christmas my aunt bought me a Guess skirt and I paired it with a pink shirt all the time that was also some brand name but I can't remember what it was. But I was so proud of that skirt because there was no WAY my mom was ever going to buy me name-brand stuff. I didn't even get a pair of non-kmart shoes until my feet stopped growing. (But I was super proud of those British Knights tennis shoes when I got them!)

holden
03-09-2011, 04:27 PM
Ahhh, the memories!! I know I'm not the only one that started singing along with those videos!! I had most of the stuff already listed ~ a pair each of Jordache, Sergio Valenti, Sassoon, Gloria Vanderbilt (pink cords, LOL!!), 2 pairs of parachute pants, big comb in the back pocket, farrah hair, had one of those butane curling irons, loved Aquanet and my huge purse to carry it all!

On a somewhat related note....a couple of weeks ago, my husband was trying to explain carrying around a big old boombox with the tunes blaring to our boys. They were sitting there with their itty bitty ipods with enough music on them that we'd have needed a couple of wagons full of cassettes (LOL) to equal what they have and they looked at us like we were crazy!

LOL:banana:

Did your DH have any "mixed tapes" in his boombox?

Handbag Lady
03-09-2011, 06:33 PM
I had THE pair of Guess jeans that were striped. They were tapered at the ankle and had ankle zippers.

There HAS to be a Google picture of them somewhere.

TreslovesWDW
03-09-2011, 06:38 PM
Oooh La-La Sasson! Oooh La-La Sasson! Then they came out with the Vidal Sasson hair products (I LOVED them!!) that smelled like coconut!!!

OH! Does anyone remember "Agree" shampoo and conditioner? LOL!!

This is going to turn into a 70s/80s trip down Memory Lane!! LOL!!!!

My favorite shampoo... Agree :love:

monorailsilver
03-10-2011, 03:10 PM
I will be 40 in October but I wore my Jordache & my Sergio's. I forget which one had the Van Halen 'V' on the back pockets but those were the ones I liked.

And guess Jeans, yep, loved them. I am embarrased to admit this but I still have them. I think I have 3 pairs of them. I wore them in HS. Did I mention I am going to be 40 in October? I have kept them not because I can still fit into them but because I hope to fit in them again someday & then I will toss them. Or maybe not. I am sure they are in perfect condtion with the zippers zipped down.

Back to the 80's though, I had the two toned pants & the white reebok high tops. I rolled tapered & rolled up my pants at the ankles. I had an airbrushed Michael Jackson sweatshirt that I got from G Wizz at the Trumbull Mall. That was around $60 or so, which back then was pricey for a shirt (OK it still is to me now!).

I also wore Esprit clothes. My mother loved them too so when GFox had sales, I would go to the gold tag rack & because I was thin, I could pick & choose what I wanted. I had them in every color, pants that is. And I had a few shirts. Alyssa Milano wore a sweater on Who's the Boss. I had the same sweater so I thought I was cool. I think mine was in the pink shade & hers was blue but every time I see that episode now, I think of my Esprit sweater I had.

A few girls wore Benneton. Actually one girl wore it. And on FB that same girl is still into spending all the money she can so she dresses in expensive clothes as do her young kids.

Au Cotton was as store too. They had comfy clothes but cool comfy.

Ahhh...the 80's weren't fully bad.

lakelandgal70
03-10-2011, 04:17 PM
Any over 40s here remember Jordache Jeans??? Oh man! I remember when they first came out --- the first ever "designer" jeans! I just HAD to have a pair! If you had Jordache, you were "it". LOL!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HIIAUYv2Drs

Well, I was at Wal Mart yesterday and they're selling them there. They're only $23. I asked my DD if she wanted a pair and she said "ewwwww" :eek:
I told her that when I was a teen, you just HAD to have Jordache and they were the most expensive jeans out there. (I remember them at Macy*s) She couldn't believe that we were all crazy over them (I think they're a much lower quality now, though, because they didn't look as good as they did back then -- they still had the horsehead on the front change pocket, though!)

After Jordache, came Calvin, JouJou, BonJour.... OH! and Sergio Valenti (uh-oh SERGIO, uh-oh SERGIO....sergio valenti, sergio valenti JEANS...uh-oh SERGIO) ROFL!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VKjAxGDfBec&feature=related

Oh my gravy! I remember all those jeans. Loved Sergio Valenti!!! Your post has brought back some really groovy memories. Thanks! :thumbsup2

lakelandgal70
03-10-2011, 04:18 PM
I had THE pair of Guess jeans that were striped. They were tapered at the ankle and had ankle zippers.

There HAS to be a Google picture of them somewhere.

OMG! I had those too. Didn't they have a matching jean jacket??