PDA

View Full Version : beach themed snacks- any ideas?

lattemomof3
03-07-2011, 05:43 PM
Ds8 brought a note home from school today, they are having a beach-themed party on Wed (yes, this Wed, wish the teacher had given us at least a couple of days' notice, she does this often:headache:). He is supposed to bring a beach-themed snack to share. Anyone have an idea for a budget-friendly, quick beach snack? TIA!:)

rnorwo1
03-07-2011, 05:51 PM
How about Swedish fish gummies? They come in different colors, not just the red. Goldfish crackers?

mwatson011
03-07-2011, 05:54 PM
clear cups filled with vanilla pudding topped with graham cracker crumbs and a paper umbrella

fishbowl filled with blue jello with swedish fish

FINFAN
03-07-2011, 06:16 PM
watermellon? The jello idea is great..and to make it easier and indiviual, get the smaller size clear plastic cups, (solo makes 9 oz that would be good) you can line them up on a cookie sheet to transport them to school with foil over the top. Don't forget the plastic spoons!
There is Global Brand who manusfactures ocean/fish themed gummy snacks, not sure if any of your local stores may carry them, to put in the jello or just serve as is.
I agree a little more notice would have been nice, but given the winter we have all had, a beach themed anything sounds fun :beach:

natebenma
03-07-2011, 06:17 PM
Salt water taffy. Not really budget, and maybe tough to find, but definitely beachy. I got some at Marshalls once.

disneyfreakk
03-07-2011, 07:43 PM
smores bars

http://http://allrecipes.com//Recipe/smores-bars/Detail.aspx

RangerPooh
03-07-2011, 07:56 PM
Clear plastic cups filled with Berry Blue Jello, then inside place Swedish fish. You now have an ocean :goodvibes

When I think of beach snacks I remember PB&Js with sand on them. Hey I was little and didn't get all the sand off my fingers. Same thing with chips :rotfl2:.

Capri Suns

What about making smoothies (in small Dixie Cups) with an umbrella.

Pineapple

Watermelon

teacup princess
03-07-2011, 10:08 PM
Tropical fruit kabobs are always beachy....

Also, celery sailboats- celery filled with cream cheese or peanut butter and a triangle shaped cracker on top for a sail. You could put them on a plate spread with blue tinted cream cheese so it looks like they are in the ocean.

clh2
03-07-2011, 10:33 PM
One of the snacks DD had in kindergarten for "g" week was graham crackers with blue frosting, and then each one had three goldfish on it. They were like mini-oceans.

mindyd
03-08-2011, 06:03 AM
Sand cups are very cute

1 container (4 oz.) JELL-O Vanilla Pudding Snack
1 square HONEY MAID Honey Graham, crushed
3 TEDDY GRAHAMS Honey Graham Snacks
2 ring-shaped chewy fruit snacks
Make It

TOP pudding snack with graham crumbs for the sand.

DECORATE with graham snacks and fruit snacks.

GARNISH with a paper umbrella, if desired.

hhartill
03-08-2011, 06:39 AM
Cream cheese ritz crackers and goldfish crackers.

use blue food dye for the cream cheese, spread on crackers, place a few goldfish on top, looks like they are swimming in the ocean.

figment3258
03-08-2011, 06:50 AM
You could put pretzels in a sand pail and they can use the shovel for scooping out the snack

hanutedmansionmomma
03-08-2011, 06:54 AM
How about a package of "Sandies" cookies? No prep needed!

marthachick
03-08-2011, 06:59 AM
How about a package of "Sandies" cookies? No prep needed!

I like it! Easy peasy. And I like pecan sandies. :thumbsup2

moongirl
03-08-2011, 08:07 AM
I like the idea of getting the bucket and shovel and putting the store-bought snacks (pretzels were suggested) in there for the kids to scoop out. As a classroom parent volunteer, this makes it way easier to make sure that kids with allergies can eat the snack vs. trying to figure out what went into a homemade snack. Plus, our local dollar tree store often has the buckets with shovels attached for $1.