PDA

View Full Version : OF tpic . baby names. need opinions

matdrew
03-07-2011, 03:43 PM
Any one have any thoughts on these names. Or any suggestions?
Grace Alexandra
grace alexandria
Grace Audrey
Grace Leila
...Grace Isabelle
Grace layla
Grace AmberSee More

Arielle22
03-07-2011, 03:46 PM
I like Grace Audrey.

My first name is Grace. It has become a very popular name (both my daughters best friends are named Grace) so pick a middle name that you can use.

My younger daughter is Emily. When we are out in public I always use her middle name as well "Emily Honor" to differentiate from all the other Emilys.

torinsmom
03-07-2011, 03:48 PM
I like Grace Isabella the best, but my personal opinion is that all those names sound best reversed, with Grace as the middle name. They just have more of a flow to them.

simonsmom
03-07-2011, 03:53 PM
my daughter's name is Grace Alexandra

CTdiznymom
03-07-2011, 04:18 PM
I have to agree with torinsmom. They do sound better reversed.

How about Mia Grace?

disneyfreakk
03-07-2011, 04:22 PM
Grace Alexandra
grace alexandria
Grace Audrey
Grace Leila
...Grace Isabelle
Grace layla
Grace AmberSee More

I really like the bolded one! :banana:

rvchat
03-07-2011, 04:23 PM
believe it or not, i know of two (2) Grace Alexandra's.

matdrew
03-07-2011, 04:25 PM
I like Grace Isabella the best, but my personal opinion is that all those names sound best reversed, with Grace as the middle name. They just have more of a flow to them.

I agree but Grace is after my fiance grandma that passed and he would like it for a first name.

matdrew
03-07-2011, 04:26 PM
I really like the bolded one! :banana:

lol
thank goodness I can report that was just a typo and no kid will have to suffer. LOL

NixiePixie
03-07-2011, 04:26 PM
How about Grace Elizabeth?

matdrew
03-07-2011, 04:28 PM
IO actually have a juliana grace. I do prefer it for a middle name. However my new fiance would really like to honor his grandma who he loved so much and has his heart set on using it as a first name.

shortbun
03-07-2011, 04:30 PM
Grace Ann?
Grace Elise
Grace Ellen
Grace Delia
Grace Claire/Clare

shortbun
03-07-2011, 04:31 PM
IO actually have a juliana grace. I do prefer it for a middle name. However my new fiance would really like to honor his grandma who he loved so much and has his heart set on using it as a first name.

He wants to 'call' her Grace or it's important for a first name? You can 'call' her Grace no matter where it actually falls in her name.

matdrew
03-07-2011, 04:31 PM
How about Grace Elizabeth?

I like it but searching the name boards it seemed to be a really popular combo. I guess cause it is very nice.

Reagan&Co.
03-07-2011, 04:32 PM
They all sound beautiful. My only thought is that sometimes I see the birth announcements and just cringe when a name is spelled is some VERY unusual way. That child/their parent will forever be spelling it out for people/correcting the pronounciation. "Leila" for instance......would that be pronounce "Leela", "Lee I La", or some other way? And can people spell it on their own? (But that's the middle name, so not as big of a deal....)

Most of yours sound pretty straightforward, And I think most people would be able to spell/pronounce them OK.

(I grew up being the ONLY Reagan until my 20's, when some more have started to pop up. Let's just say I wished my name was Susie......:cutie:)

And congratulations on the baby!:cloud9:

matdrew
03-07-2011, 04:36 PM
He wants to 'call' her Grace or it's important for a first name? You can 'call' her Grace no matter where it actually falls in her name.

well i agreed on using it for a first name. although you are right we could have just called her grace. Thats why usually I like to consult with my fellow Disers. You guys always are so clever.

seven dwarfs
03-07-2011, 04:43 PM
My daughter is named Grace Caroline. We had a very hard time choosing a middle name to go with Grace. In fact she didn't have a middle name until she was 3 days old! Grace is so strong of a name we hard time finding a good match. I really love Caroline and even when she is in trouble and we have to use both names, it flows well! :rotfl:

Grace is becoming very common but I see it used as a middle name more then the 1st name. I love her name. It fits her perfectly. (But, I love all my kids names!)

Good luck with what you choose, I am sure it will be perfect.

torinsmom
03-07-2011, 04:50 PM
Layla(actually spelled that way) is actually a pretty common name around here. I know three.

OP, I understand your husband wanting to honor his grandma. I think one syllable first names are just hard to match with a middle name. I think a longer middle name, like Elizabeth or Isabella will sound best.

I would probably do something like Grace Carolina, but then I am a die hard Tarheel;)

mrsklamc
03-07-2011, 05:03 PM
There's absolutely nothing wrong with Grace as a first name! The only one I would shy away from is Grace Alexandria, that's too much of a mouthful to me. Grace Audrey is my favorite.

I have two family members who are not 'called' by their first name and it's been a nightmare for them. Life's tough enough without doing that!

kat3668
03-07-2011, 05:25 PM
I like Grace Elyse
Grace Eileen
Grace Arianna
Grace Alexis
Grace anamarie

ceecee
03-07-2011, 06:37 PM
I like the name Grace with a shorter middle name...Grace Ann? Now that's original! It sounds good though.

Jessica527
03-07-2011, 06:40 PM
Grace Amelia
Grace Vanessa
Grace Lynn
Grace Anna-Lynn

Dominus
03-07-2011, 06:41 PM
My band played a benefit show for a little girl named Layla Grace. I thought it had a nice ring to it. My oldest son goes by his middle name, and it isn't too much of a problem.

matdrew
03-07-2011, 06:45 PM
My band played a benefit show for a little girl named Layla Grace. I thought it had a nice ring to it. My oldest son goes by his middle name, and it isn't too much of a problem.

awww that was nice of you guys. I happened to come across her mommy's tribute page a few days ago. I cried my eyes out for 2 hours. I love her name and what a sweet little angel she was. RIP Layla Grace ;(

Crystalwv
03-07-2011, 06:50 PM
I always had the name Grace Elizabeth picked out if I ever had a girl... of course, I was blessed with boys!! But, I did name my Shih tzu pup Gracie Mae!

krcit
03-07-2011, 06:55 PM
I love the name Grace. It's my dd's middle name but I wanted it as a first name. how about Grace Kathleen?

hammie59
03-07-2011, 07:00 PM
Grace Audrey (or Audrey Grace?)

Soupermom
03-07-2011, 07:06 PM
A few thoughts...

I am very impressed that you are having a baby (I'm guessing it's you) at the age of 350! :goodvibes

Lots of Graces around here too. You could give her a middle name that begins with a "g" too, and call her Gigi. :thumbsup2 That would be pretty!

dzorn
03-07-2011, 07:08 PM
my daughter's name is Grace Alexandra

:thumbsup2

That's my vote.

Though Grace Marie

Denise in MI

mom2val
03-07-2011, 07:09 PM
Grace Ann

Conway733
03-07-2011, 07:11 PM
Grace Marie

tweedlemom
03-07-2011, 07:14 PM
Grace Alexa:lovestruc

Maybelle
03-07-2011, 07:18 PM
Grace is a beautiful name no matter what it is paired with. Classic, sweet, yet strong at the same time.

I think you are doing a beautiful thing in naming her after your fiance's grandmother (I think you said).

Best wishes with your new baby, whatever you decide for a name.:)

Priorityonecb
03-07-2011, 07:45 PM
I like Grace Anne. (Anne with an "e" because I *love Anne of Green Gables!)

Colestat
03-07-2011, 07:46 PM
I like the name Grace with a shorter middle name...Grace Ann? Now that's original! It sounds good though.

I love Grace Ann too. Best of luck.

NJGirl
03-07-2011, 07:52 PM
Our neighbors went with Grace Christine

sillylily
03-07-2011, 07:53 PM
There are three Graces in my family (they are all named after my maternal GM, who was an incredible woman)- we have Grace Camille, Grace Helene and Sommer Grace (the last one being my own sweet DD). There are a lot of good combinations, just go with what feels right to you when she's born! :)

FourBees
03-07-2011, 08:10 PM
I think the name Ava Grace is beautiful!

nursetink
03-07-2011, 08:28 PM
My oldest DD is named Grace Madison. We tossed around many middle names before we finally agreed. Good luck and congratulations on the baby!

Dominus
03-07-2011, 08:56 PM
awww that was nice of you guys. I happened to come across her mommy's tribute page a few days ago. I cried my eyes out for 2 hours. I love her name and what a sweet little angel she was. RIP Layla Grace ;(

Yeah it was sad stuff. They have a foundation in her name and do really good work in the Houston area.

RooRach0906
03-07-2011, 09:45 PM
I like Grace Audrey and Grace Anne. Grace is a beautiful name, my DD is Annabelle Grace.:goodvibes

petlvr1064
03-07-2011, 09:58 PM
Grace Kelly after the princess of monico and the actress's would be pretty.

robinb
03-07-2011, 10:01 PM
Grace Alexandra
grace alexandria
Grace Audrey
Grace Leila
...Grace Isabelle
Grace layla
Grace AmberSee More"Grace" is a pretty common name. I think you need something less common as a middle name. Of the ones you have mentioned, I like "Grace Leila" the best.

Liberty Belle
03-07-2011, 10:44 PM
Grace Alexandra
grace alexandria
Grace Audrey
Grace Leila
...Grace Isabelle
Grace layla
Grace AmberSee More

I like Grace Alexandra. It flows best and it's really pretty. :)

antmaril
03-08-2011, 05:57 AM
Grace Marie
Grace Anne
Grace Alexandra
Grace Katherine

Leader of the Club
03-08-2011, 07:20 AM
What was Grandma's middle name? you could use that.

Or don't give her a middle name at all. There is no rule saying she has to have one. Neither my mother or I have middle names. We both kinda like it.

Or you could give her two middle names: Grace Kathleen Elizabeth, for instance.

akgluvsdisney
03-08-2011, 07:41 AM
Didn't read thru the whole thread but I love Alyssa Grace.

mjkacmom
03-08-2011, 07:56 AM
Honestly, since no one really hears the middle name, mine were all given family names for middle names (Grace is one of them).

mrudman
03-08-2011, 08:30 AM
My older dd's name is Grace Ann (the Ann being after my grandma)... so I'm partial to that one, :)

But I agree with others on, if you were to choose one of the names you originally posted, I like them better being "flipped".

Anyways, love the name Grace (of course, lol), and I think it's popularity depends on where you live... in my dd's school of approx. 350 kids, there's only one other girl with the name Grace.

marmalade
03-08-2011, 08:59 AM
What was Grandma's middle name? you could use that.

Or don't give her a middle name at all. There is no rule saying she has to have one. Neither my mother or I have middle names. We both kinda like it.

Or you could give her two middle names: Grace Kathleen Elizabeth, for instance.

I love the idea of 3 names, I would choose Grace Catherine Elizabeth. I love the name Grace, my DD is an Elizabeth Grace.

DumboPrincess
03-08-2011, 09:23 AM
My DD is Hayley Grace Ann, and her best friend is Lola Grace. What about:

Gracyn

Grace Lynn (or Graclyn)

Grace Anna

Grace Alaina (or Elaina)

Grace Addison

Grace Caitlyn

Grace Virginia

Grace Olivia

Grace Kate

or, since you posted on the DIS boards: Grace Ariel, Grace Aurora, Grace Alice, Grace Ella (Cinderella;)) Grace Belle, Grace Giselle (actually kind of like this one)

Let us know what you decide! :goodvibes

MomtoGKC
03-08-2011, 10:07 AM
Another mom of a Grace here! I was worried it would be too popular, but we don't know one other Grace in our area. We do have a bunch of friends with the middle name Grace, though.

Mine is Grace Thora (sounds like tore - ah.) Grace after a great grandmother and because it was the name DH and I picked when we were first dating at age 18 when we had the "what if we ever had a kid!" conversation. :) Thora is after my Norwegian grandmother.

Kathi OD
03-08-2011, 10:08 AM

This. I :lovestruc Alexandra Grace.

briarrose
03-08-2011, 10:24 AM
My daughter's name is Rose and I finally game up with Yvonne for her middle name. So my vote is for Grace Yvonne.

jlm
03-08-2011, 10:58 AM
Grace Audrey......My daughters name is Olivia Grace ;) Love the name Grace~

ardig123
03-08-2011, 12:07 PM
How about the name Gracelynn....you could still call her Grace? Love that name.:goodvibes

DisneyMomma81
03-08-2011, 12:20 PM
"Grace" is a pretty common name.

I agree ~ too common, I say use it as a middle name.

QueenRocks
03-08-2011, 02:13 PM
Since Grace ends with an "s" sound, I think it sounds nice if the middle name begins with the same sound. I like Grace Sophia.

AmberHeartsDisney
03-08-2011, 02:31 PM
Lillian Grace
Ava Grace
Grace Olivia
Olivia Grace

leight
03-08-2011, 02:56 PM
I like Grace Audrey or Grace Audrina
Grace Savannah

tinker&belle
03-08-2011, 03:11 PM
One of my DD's has Grace as a middle name.

If you want to use Grace as a first name I like

Grace Anne
Grace Parker
Grace Madison
Grace Lillian (Although I like these reversed even better)
Grace Lucille

She could go by Grace or any of the middle names or Maddy for Madison, Lilly for Lillian or Lucy for Lucille.

cats mom
03-08-2011, 04:04 PM
It's hard to get the whole flow pattern without knowing your last name, but in general I think I like longer middle names with Grace. The short ones seem kind of choppy to me. Although I guess if you have a long last name, maybe keeping first and middle names short would be good.

I didn't read through every answer to see if these had been posted or not, but I like:

Grace Aubrielle
Grace McKenna

matdrew
03-08-2011, 06:35 PM
It's hard to get the whole flow pattern without knowing your last name, but in general I think I like longer middle names with Grace. The short ones seem kind of choppy to me. Although I guess if you have a long last name, maybe keeping first and middle names short would be good.

I didn't read through every answer to see if these had been posted or not, but I like:

Grace Aubrielle
Grace McKenna

Hi
The last name is Nicosia
pronounced Nico see a

matdrew
03-08-2011, 06:37 PM
Didn't read thru the whole thread but I love Alyssa Grace.

thats really nice. but he really wants grace as a first name.

QueenRocks
03-08-2011, 07:18 PM
Grace Seraphina Nicosia

torinsmom
03-08-2011, 07:23 PM
I think Grace Isabella or Grace Elizabeth sound nice with Nicosia:goodvibes

MomToPirate&Princess
03-08-2011, 07:33 PM
My picks
Grace Elizabeth
Grace Alexis
Grace Amelia
Grace Noelle

dennise
03-08-2011, 07:37 PM
Grace Olivia

L & B Mom
03-08-2011, 08:16 PM
I love the name Grace, but it is very popular right now. I would use it as a middle name or make it part of a double name.

antmaril
03-09-2011, 07:00 AM
Grace Nicole Nicosia has a nice flow to it.

mrsabbott
03-09-2011, 08:21 AM
My oldest DD's name is Grace! :)

Grace Olivia is my favorite out of all the choices! We considered Olivia as a middle name for our Grace, but we chose a different name instead.

matdrew
03-09-2011, 09:33 AM
still undeiceded. Our last name is Nicosia if it helps. pronounced NIC O see ya

how about
Grace lauren
Grace angelina
Grace Lila

strongly considering
Grace Isabelle
Grace Alexandra

gosh i am so confused :headache:

Thank for all your help guys :)

FINFAN
03-09-2011, 09:43 AM
I like Grace Angelienne/Angeline...drop the "a" ...Angelina-Nicosia is too rhymy. My Dad always said, "choose a middle name that Hollywood or any public position could use when dropping your last name", lol...
Grace Angeline sounds very glamorous and sweet.

mrsklamc
03-09-2011, 09:59 AM
I LOVE Grace Lauren!

CTdiznymom
03-09-2011, 11:06 AM
How about a name from your side of the family? Perhaps one of your grandmothers since he wants to use his Grandma's name. Maybe even your first name or your maiden name?

We had twin girls and we incorporated the names of all 4 grandparents.

william34
03-10-2011, 07:40 AM
Cute name is Grace Madison

dennise
03-10-2011, 09:15 AM
Grace Lauren
Grace Olivia
Grace Isabelle

These are favorites.

I have g-daughters that are Lauren Gabrielle, Isabelle Olivia.

mercydisney
03-10-2011, 01:56 PM
I think the name Ava Grace is beautiful!

This is my goddaughters name. I love it.

I really like Grace Lynn.

matdrew
03-11-2011, 08:11 AM
Grace Lauren
Grace Olivia
Grace Isabelle

These are favorites.

I have g-daughters that are Lauren Gabrielle, Isabelle Olivia.

strongly considering grace lauren
it seems most people like grace alexandra though.hmmm

CTdiznymom
03-11-2011, 11:23 AM
Grace Charlotte

Mimi2angels
03-11-2011, 01:36 PM
My granddaughter's name is Grace Leighanna. I love the name Grace. It's very feminine but solid and traditional also.

cats mom
03-11-2011, 05:16 PM
still undeiceded. Our last name is Nicosia if it helps. pronounced NIC O see ya

how about
Grace lauren
Grace angelina
Grace Lila

strongly considering
Grace Isabelle
Grace Alexandra

gosh i am so confused :headache:

Thank for all your help guys :)

strongly considering grace lauren
it seems most people like grace alexandra though.hmmm

Like a previous poster, I think middle names that end in A seem a little too rhyme-y with your last name, even if they don't actually rhyme. Does that make sense? Of course how often do you really say all three names out loud together... so maybe it doesn't matter much. ;)

From your most recent lists I like all of these:

Grace Lauren
Grace Angeline
Grace Isabelle

Note: minor modifications because of my bias against ending in the letter A as mentioned above. :rotfl:

Let's see, initials would be:

GLN
GAN
GIN

Any preferences or dislikes there to help you narrow things down?

CTdiznymom
03-17-2011, 10:07 PM
Grace Addison Nicosia