PDA

View Full Version : birthday party favor bags

mad hatter fan
03-07-2011, 01:28 PM
What age do most kids stop giving these out at parties? We are spending more than usual on the party itself (at a small indoor waterpark/playground). My daughter is turning 11. At what age is typical to not give out party favor bags anymore, especially when the party involves a big activity? I'm considering not doing it for $ reasons. My older son is 15 and hasn't given them out for a number of years but I can't remember when we stopped. :confused3

figment3258
03-07-2011, 01:32 PM
I would say whenever you want to stop

You could always do a pinata so they take home some candy but dont feel bad if there are no goody bags

princessnoelly
03-07-2011, 01:35 PM
I stopped at 6 for DD7. We did a big out door pool rental for her 6th birthday and I figured you swam, ate and had fun that was enough. For her 7th birthday we did build a bear- they each got a bear.

For DD5's 6th birthday next month we won't. We are having a roller skating party and I figured the entertainment and food were more than enough for the guests.

I'm also tired of having all the little junk and candy in my house. I end up throwing it all away after it gets moved from my car to room to room to room.

If you are giving something useful like a book great but no more little junk bags!

mindyd
03-07-2011, 02:25 PM
My daughter is 12 and most people haven't been doing them for around 2 years we did a candy bar with a custom wrapper.

Dashzap
03-07-2011, 04:18 PM
I still do a bit of candy and/or gum. For the teenagers, I put it out in a big bowl for them to grab as they want it...not so much as they are leaving.