PDA

View Full Version : question about Mexican restaurant in Epcot

FosterA
03-02-2011, 10:46 AM
Last weekend my friend and I went in there to do the cute ride they have. I love how they made it look "outside at night" in the restaurant. Ill be coming back with husband and kids in Nov. and would love to go in there and just have a drink. Do I need ADRs for that? Was there a bar that I missed? wE don't want to eat there just because we live in TX and eat Mexican food all the time! lol I also am not interested in the section that is outside Counter service. So...do we need ADRs just for drinks? If not, is all the seating (even if just for a drink) going to be in that pretty "outside at night" area?
Thanks!

mommycrawford
03-02-2011, 11:00 AM
You should make an ADR if you know you want a table! You can order whatever you please once seated, so do not worry if you only want a drink....just tip well if you linger;)!

Cafeen
03-02-2011, 11:01 AM
You may want to check out La Cava de Tequila (or something like that). It's a Tequila bar inside the building, I think it's to the right as you get to the market area, but don't quote me on that. They serve various drinks and some appetizer type food.

Otherwise, if looking for a table even just for a drink or two, a reservation would be most recommended.

Nadjalu
03-02-2011, 01:03 PM
The restaurant in there is called San Angel Inn. ANd yes to dine/drink there you need a reservation.

HOWEVER, as PP said, there is a tequila bar in the same building on the right when you come down the stairs. La Cava De Tequila is the name and you do NOT need ressies to have a drink.
IN the bar they have tables and a booth in the back. It isn't the same atmosphere as the restaurant, but the drinks are BETTER. WAY better!!

Have fun planning the next vacation!

princess aleya
03-02-2011, 01:16 PM
Last weekend my friend and I went in there to do the cute ride they have. I love how they made it look "outside at night" in the restaurant. Ill be coming back with husband and kids in Nov. and would love to go in there and just have a drink. Do I need ADRs for that? Was there a bar that I missed? wE don't want to eat there just because we live in TX and eat Mexican food all the time! lol I also am not interested in the section that is outside Counter service. So...do we need ADRs just for drinks? If not, is all the seating (even if just for a drink) going to be in that pretty "outside at night" area?
Thanks!

I don't think I saw a bar the last time we did the ride. I would suggest makeing ADR's just in case. I have heard really good things about the tequila bar so you might want to check that out.

Figment2
03-02-2011, 01:28 PM
FYI, the tequila bar does not take reservations.

llb
03-02-2011, 02:59 PM
They opened a new Mexican site La Hacienda that sits at the lagoon, the front part I believe is just walk in and the back part is dinner with ADR. I have not been there but perhaps that may be a choice for you if you don't want to make ADR's, it won't look like your out in the night sky, you actually will be out in the nights sky.

Starshine
03-03-2011, 04:26 PM
Just an FYI, San Angel Inn (the one inside near the boat ride) will NOT let you order drinks only. We had an ADR with plans to eat, but when we got there our favorite menu item was gone so we just wanted to order chips and beer/margaritas only and they told us this is not allowed. The CM said if we wanted drinks only we would have to go outside. :guilty:

janets
03-03-2011, 09:21 PM
I was looking for La Cava de Tequila when we were there a couple of weeks ago...had no idea it was inside the building (sent DH and DS inside to check on the menu at San Angel). I met Junior Mercado (the guy who developed the different drink ideas for the bar) on my Celebrity cruise back in November and wanted to check it out but must have missed it.

At least I know where to go when we go back over the summer.