PDA

View Full Version : Sanaa's orange-sesame cake recipe?

kespo
03-01-2011, 01:25 PM
We just returend from an awesome trip to Disney. We stayed at Kidani Villages and loved it. We ate at Sanaa's twice. The orange-sesame cake with passion fruit Kulfi was one of the best desserts I've had at Disney.

Does anyone know where I could find a recipe for it?

L-Harper
03-01-2011, 01:29 PM
How big were the portions at Sanaa? What did you eat and what did you think of it? Do you have pictures you'd like to post? :rotfl: I ask all of this because I'm debating on an ADR there in September. Thanks!

kespo
03-01-2011, 01:54 PM
I just wrote on review of our meals on another sanaa posting.
Here is a summary of what we had.

1st visit- I had the tandori chicken. I loved it!!! It has a bit of spice to it. It is a good portion size and if you order the naan bread with it I don't think you will be unsatisfied.
My husband ordered the trio- green curry shrimp, short ribs, and rice.
He enjoyed this dish, but wasn't that crazy about the shrimp.
For dessert- I had orange-sesame cake with passion friut Kulfi. It was excellent. The best dessert I've had at Disney. Nice size portion, but the cake it very light in texture. Great Ending.
My husband had the dessert sampler. All of the things tasted great, but the portion was way too small.
My son had the grilled chicken with green beans and rice pilaf. Loved it. The chicken was freshly grilled. Dessert was chocolate cake. YUM

2nd visit- I had the trio- rice, curry chicken and short ribs. They were excellent. The ribs ar boneless and tender in a great mild sauce. The Curry chicken was slow cooked in tomatoes and onions in a red sauce. VERY GOOD!! I also ordered the naan and paneer bread. Both great, but the paneer was much smaller than the naan.
My husband had the tandori shrimp and loved it. It is spicy.
We both had the orange-sesame cake for dessert.

The whole experience was great. Service, Food, atmosphere. I highly recommend Sanna:)
We requested a table by the window to view the animals. Both times we were able to get it, but we also were there at the opening ceremony (5pm)

Good Luck with your plans

How big were the portions at Sanaa? What did you eat and what did you think of it? Do you have pictures you'd like to post? :rotfl: I ask all of this because I'm debating on an ADR there in September. Thanks!