PDA

View Full Version : How much do you save by being a repeat guest?

Queen of Oakville
02-17-2011, 10:20 AM
I know that if you book onboard, there is a good savings (can anyone tell me what this is?).

What about just for being a repeat guest? Is it a standard discount, or will it vary by sailing? We're booked for dream, and I tried going to the disney website to find out what the same cabin would cost me if I were a repeat guest.

If someone has some time on their hands .... could you price out Dream on March 13 (inside cabin) with your Castaway Cay #?

I tried doing it myself, but our numbers are not yet assigned (I guess they won't be until we make final payment).

I'm thinking of booking Fantasy, but am trying to figure out if I should wait until we said DREAM to get the savings.

WestPalmBucsFan
02-17-2011, 10:30 AM
As far as I know there's no discount for being a repeat guest.

The discount for booking onboard is 10% plus $100 (I think) SRC per room. If you use Dreams Unlimited travel and list them as your agent when you book onboard there is additional SRC per room.

Someone please correct me if I'm mistaken on any or all of this.

MouseMomx2
02-17-2011, 10:31 AM
I know that if you book onboard, there is a good savings (can anyone tell me what this is?).

What about just for being a repeat guest? Is it a standard discount, or will it vary by sailing? We're booked for dream, and I tried going to the disney website to find out what the same cabin would cost me if I were a repeat guest.

It is a 10% discount off of the cruise fare (works out to about 8.5% off the total amount once port fees and taxes are added in) plus you get an on board credit. The amount of the OBC varies, depending on what level you are in the Castaway Club (repeat cruisers program). You only get this discount/OBC if you book on board. If you just want to book through DCL once you are home there will be no discount/OBC.

If someone has some time on their hands .... could you price out Dream on March 13 (inside cabin) with your Castaway Cay #?

Again, the CC# gives you no general discount. There is only a discount when booking on board.

I tried doing it myself, but our numbers are not yet assigned (I guess they won't be until we make final payment).

Your number won't be available until you complete your first cruise. It isn't until then that you are a repeat cruiser.

I'm thinking of booking Fantasy, but am trying to figure out if I should wait until we said DREAM to get the savings.

You can book it now and then try to re-shop it on board. If the price goes up between now and then you can at least get the lower price by booking now. If it does not go up you can re-book it on board and get the savings.

Hope that helps.

kcashner
02-17-2011, 10:53 AM
Correct that there is no benefit to being a repeat customer other than the various onboard gifts and perks (bag in stateroom when you board, small additions at higher levels.)

The discount is for rebooking while on board. You get 10% off the CRUISE FARE portion of the ticket, 1/2 off the deposit, and an onboard credit that starts at $100 on a cruise of less than 7 nights, $200 on 7 nights or more and increases as your CC status increases. These benefits are in cat 4-11 only and cannot be combined with any other offers.

The exact percentage of the discount varies with the cabin you select as the taxes and government fees are the same regardless of cabin. The key is that the cruise fare is discounted, not the fees that DCL must pay to other agencies. So, the percentage of discount is far less in an inside cabin than in one with a balcony. If the price has remained stable, you rebook on board and get the deal; if the price has increased you rejoice in knowing that you booked the lower tier one prices.

As to whether you should book now or wait--you should book now. Then, when you are on board you can ask the onboard booking agent to "reshop" your reservation. If you get a better deal, you can rebook while on board. You can also name your TA at that time who might give you an additional onboard credit!

sayhello
02-17-2011, 11:24 AM
Correct that there is no benefit to being a repeat customer other than the various onboard gifts and perks (bag in stateroom when you board, small additions at higher levels.)Just a small quibble here. :) There is no benefit to being a repeat customer, as far as cruise price goes, but there is the benefit of being able to book Palo & Remy, excursions and spa services sooner than folks who aren't repeat cruisers.

Sayhello

Queen of Oakville
02-17-2011, 11:29 AM
THanks everyone! Kcashner ... could you please explain what you meant here:

As to whether you should book now or wait--you should book now. Then, when you are on board you can ask the onboard booking agent to "reshop" your reservation. If you get a better deal, you can rebook while on board. You can also name your TA at that time who might give you an additional onboard credit!

thanks.