PDA

View Full Version : Stroller Rentals at Disneyland and DCA

luvdsny
05-04-2001, 01:03 AM
Straight from The Disneyland Hotel, I am writing this for anyone who might be questioning whether or not to bring their own strollers.

Please consider this:

Stroller rentals are available at Disneyland and DCA...single strollers rent for $7/day and double strollers rent for $12/day. They are the good 'jogger-style' strollers with shade covers and ample pocket space behind the seat and under the seat. They are very easy to push. They are fairly new and still very clean. They seem quite comfortable.

However, they are no longer allowing guests to take the strollers from park to park or park to hotel and back again. This was the case in February, but since then Disneyland has lost $450,000 in strollers from people allegedly taking them out of the parks and not returning them. :eek:

Now you may rent a stroller in one park and use it in that park all day. If you need to leave the park to go to the other park, you have to leave your stroller at that park, but you may show the second park your receipt and receive a stroller at the second park for NO additional charge. You may also ask that the first or second park "HOLD" your stroller for you if you plan to return later in the day. This is highly recommeded if you rent a double stroller, as these seem to be 'hard to get'.

Each day is a new $7 or $12 charge. :mad:

You may not take a stroller out of the park, so your child will need to walk between parks and/or between park and hotel...this can be very burdensome for tired little children...and for grown-ups who have piled bags of goodies and such in the strollers all day. :rolleyes: ;)

If I had known this before we came, I would have brought our own stroller so we would have something to use between parks and between park and hotel.

If you have any more questions, please feel free to post them. I will probably not be able to respond until this weekend or later, as we are planning on staying at the parks late this weekend. :D :D :D

Tia

madaboutmouse
05-04-2001, 01:23 PM
Wow, that does sound burdensome. Although our family has outgrown strollers,
I am sure you information is quite valuable for those who still have that need. Not
only do you have to obtain a new stroller, you have to take time out from your day.
Perhaps Disney could ask for credit card imprints and charge the guest for the stroller
if it is not returned. The way it is now sounds most inconvenient for the guests.

Mary

luvdsny
05-07-2001, 10:28 PM
This was my number ONE 'issue' the whole time we were there! :mad:

I don't see why they couldn't require a 'hefty deposit' for the safe return of their strollers....I wouldn't even mind paying each day.

Having to take out a sleeping 3 y/o and all of your 'goodies' and drinks, etc. was a pain in the neck! Only to walk across the esplanade and rent another, identical stroller. Seems silly! Oh and at the end of each day when your 3 y/o is tired and/or sleeping... :eek:

I wasn't the only sighing out loud and moaning and groaing at the exit gates...

I guess taking your own stroller is the answer to this 'issue' :)

TrlyScrumptious
05-07-2001, 11:36 PM
Thanks for the warning! Just helped make the "bring the stroller or not?" question much easier to answer!