PDA

View Full Version : Official Word on EE and Entertainment

OnWithTheShow
09-18-2002, 06:28 PM
Walt Disney World leaders recently announced a variety of enhancements to entertainment offerings.
Beginning on Oct. 1, Walt Disney World resort guests will have the opportunity to spend an extra hour in the theme parks each day of their vacation.

As a part of the Extra Magic Hour program, one of the four Walt Disney World theme parks will open an hour early every day to guests staying at select Walt Disney World resorts, which include the Walt Disney World Swan, the Walt Disney World Dolphin and the Hilton at Lake Buena Vista. As part of this change, the Character Caravan will be discontinued effective Oct. 1.

Other changes to the guest experience include:

An unprecedented increased number of character experiences at the Magic Kingdom Park, with more characters meeting, greeting and interacting with guests than ever before.

The Magic Kingdom Park will start each day with a special character-focused park opening.

The character presence in World Showcase at Epcot also will be expanded.

The new Princess Storybook Breakfast at Norway at Epcot, previously operating under a test phase, now is a permanent offering.

"Beauty and the Beast" - Live on Stage at the Disney-MGM Studios now will be offered seven days a week.

Additional nights of Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party and Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party at the Magic Kingdom Park will be available this year.

The "Eat to the Beat" Concert Series, new for the 2002 Epcot International Food and Wine Festival, will feature nightly performances from several different acts, such as The Temptations Review featuring Dennis Edwards, Chubby Checker & the Wildcats and more.

"Disney's The Hunchback of Notre Dame -- A Musical Adventure" will present its final performance at the Disney-MGM Studios on Sept. 28.

MelissathePooh
09-18-2002, 07:07 PM
Show - check your PM's

Testtrack321
09-18-2002, 07:09 PM
Here's the schedule:

Sunday - Magic Kingdom
Monday - Disney's Animal Kingdom
Tuesday - Disney-MGM Studios
Wednesday - Epcot
Thursday--Magic Kingdom
Friday - Disney's Animal Kingdom
Saturday - Disney-MGM Studios

Seems like they got the idea now. Too bad their getting rid of Huntch Bakc...

Wildcard
09-18-2002, 08:07 PM
Woohoo! It is a shame about the Hunchback, though. I've missed it on all my other trips, and had been hoping to see it for the first time this december. I guess you can't have everything...

wdw4us2
09-18-2002, 08:11 PM
I am totally amazed that they brought this back.

I guess they really do read their email, regular mail, survey results, etc.

Lisa:smooth:

raidermatt
09-18-2002, 08:14 PM
I think it was the turnstiles and room occupancy that they listened to...

Reflection
09-18-2002, 10:03 PM
Oh no, not Hunchback!(: It is one of my favorite shows. I'm so glad I had opportunities to see during our stay in August.

Banzai
09-19-2002, 05:12 PM
I never did get to see Hunchback...

Hadjii
09-19-2002, 07:12 PM
Hi,
Do you have info on the additional MNSSHP nights??? We're just missing one this trip it would be great if one of the new dates falls during our vacation. - Nancy

http://gerdesdesign.com/images/peterpan.jpg

Planogirl
09-20-2002, 01:28 AM
This is super IMO and definitely gives me hope that change is on the way in other areas too. :)

DisneyFanGuy
09-20-2002, 05:08 AM
I like every change mentioned, except for the elimination of my favorite stage show....Hunchback. It was insane to split the shows over 5 days though, and it's much better to have one show every day.

We were at MGM on July 4th and it was absolutely packed and Hunchback wasn't running. That stuff is crazy and decisions like that tossed me back to car #3.

So the change, plus the return of EE, plus the other stuff all strikes me as good good good.

Thank you Disney!

paulh
09-20-2002, 01:00 PM
So with this EE will they start to check if people are realy staying at disney hotels as we have never been aproched to veryfy if we were
Paulh

Mouse Ears
09-20-2002, 04:59 PM
Paul -

As an onsite-only guest, I certainly hope they verify a resort stay. Otherwise, the perk is not really there.

:earsboy: M.E.

DebbieB
09-20-2002, 06:53 PM
Originally posted by Hadjii
Hi,
Do you have info on the additional MNSSHP nights??? We're just missing one this trip it would be great if one of the new dates falls during our vacation. - Nancy

There are already more MNSSHP & MVMCP nights on the schedule than previous years. That's what they may be referring to rather than adding more dates than are already announced.

Disneycrazymom
09-24-2002, 10:21 AM
Didn't all the downtown Disney hotels used to be included? Now just the Hilton is included correct?