PDA

View Full Version : Question about renting points for a one bedroom villa

dchronister
02-01-2011, 04:35 PM
Plans have changed again! OK, if we rent a one bedroom villa from a dvc owner and there are four of us, if my nephew, who is 19 stays the last 2 nights of a 6 night stay with us, is this gonna cause a problem for the hotel or the villas. It will be my DH and myself and my 2 DD's 13 and 15. I just hate to rent a 2 bedroom and will only need it for a third of our stay.

dzorn
02-01-2011, 04:48 PM
If you get a 1 bedroom at AKV, BLT or OKW after renovations they sleep 5 becasue they have a sleeper chair in the living room.

BLT and AKV kidani will also have 2 bathrooms.

Denise in MI

Deb & Bill
02-01-2011, 06:56 PM
Plans have changed again! OK, if we rent a one bedroom villa from a dvc owner and there are four of us, if my nephew, who is 19 stays the last 2 nights of a 6 night stay with us, is this gonna cause a problem for the hotel or the villas. It will be my DH and myself and my 2 DD's 13 and 15. I just hate to rent a 2 bedroom and will only need it for a third of our stay.

You won't be able to stay at BCV, BWV, VWL or SSR because those one bedrooms only sleep four. There isn't any room for a fifth adult. AKV (non-Value villa), BLT and the renovated OKW villas do sleep five, but only OKW will be large enough for five adults which you basically have. DVC will sometimes allow a fifth person, but you'll have to provide your own sleeping materials, towels, etc. They will not provide a rollaway or cot. Also, I don't think the cushions come off the sleeper sofa. I think it is the type that flips under and the cushions support the foot of the bed.

Otherwise, get a two bedroom and enjoy the space.