PDA

View Full Version : Milkshakes?

can'twaittocruise
01-16-2011, 05:14 PM
My DH wants to know if they serve complimentary milkshakes on the ship? Never cruised before and just curious...

kcashner
01-16-2011, 05:16 PM
No. Smoothies cost about $4.50 each including the automatic gratuity charged on all bar items.

However, you can get ice cream, milk, and choc syrup at the beverage station/ice cream bar at Goofy's Galley and make your own!

gerberdaisy1234
01-16-2011, 05:18 PM
Bring your Magic Bullet and you can make all kinds of wonderful milkshakes and smoothies- FREE!

Luvstocruise
01-16-2011, 08:39 PM
That is a bit of an oddity to me. Even though DCL "supplies" ice cream, chocolate syrup and milk up on deck 9 and supposingly chocolate milk as well as ice cream in the dining rooms, it must be the added labor to make milkshakes (they don't want to waste the time making them?) that prevents them from offering them at no charge. You would think it would be an easy thing to provide at least in the dining rooms.

Go figure...

FWIW
Luvstocruise

fhernand
01-16-2011, 08:53 PM
... Even though DCL "supplies" ice cream, chocolate syrup and milk up on deck 9...

Wasnt there a video on YouTube a while ago, on how to make a "Castaway Cay Milkshake"?

Luvstocruise
01-16-2011, 09:11 PM
Wasnt there a video on YouTube a while ago, on how to make a "Castaway Cay Milkshake"?

Good point fhernand. Perhaps, there are many ingenious people on the board with great ideas, but.. I would much prefer to get one say, in the dining room for free. Its not like we can saunter into the galley and make the thing myself. I only raised the point because there must be some good reason why DCL doesn't offer them, especially in the dining room. Like the smoothies, its got to be a labor thing, and DCL feels they could charge for it, but it isn't even on the menu.

FWIW
Luvstocruise

disneydreamer82
01-18-2011, 10:58 PM
I remember the video! It was great!!!:thumbsup2

http://www.myspace.com/video/vid/53556965

speakupjc
01-19-2011, 03:32 PM
Thanks for posting the video. I had never thought about making your own milk shake before and have always bought smoothies. I will have to try this.

Luvstocruise
01-19-2011, 05:18 PM
Thanks DisneyDreamer2, I watched the video. While that all makes sense, I still am trying to figure out why they just wouldn't offer this in the dining rooms. Maybe the added labor time is too much for the dining staff.

FWIW
Luvstocruise

allonte
01-19-2011, 05:26 PM
I may have to invest in a magic bullet. I know my child will want smoothies and milkshakes. We make them frequently at home already. $4.50 a pop won't make me very happy.

Luvstocruise
01-19-2011, 05:39 PM
Allonte,

I hear ya! $4.50 for a smoothie is a total ripoff by my count. I am really beginning to think it is just a way to keep parents from tying up bar staff too much to make a drink that looks like mom or dad's, where DCL knows the money is in the alcoholic drinks.

That's why I thought they could limit milkshakes to the dining room, but again, it has got to be a labor thing-tying up staff doing tasks that don't return enough profits.

FWIW
Luvstocruise

LES---OKW95
01-19-2011, 05:41 PM
:banana::banana: I hope to remember this on our next cruise!!!:yay::yay:

tink,too
01-19-2011, 06:05 PM
I was so convinced that our DD had a milkshake on our last cruise - so I had to go back to check out our photos. :upsidedow

I was right - there it is sitting in the middle of the table during breakfast at Lumiere's - Vanilla milkshake complete with whipped cream on top! :hippie:

I am sure we had to pay for it (can't remember how much though - sorry) but it was on the menu!

glassslipper2004
01-19-2011, 08:12 PM
Thanks for the link to the milkshake video - great idea!

fhernand
01-19-2011, 09:53 PM
I remember the video! It was great!!!:thumbsup2

http://www.myspace.com/video/vid/53556965

That's the one!!!

I show all my grandkids that link, and by our next Disney Cruise; all the kids were walking around the Wonder with official their "Disney Castaway Club Milkshakes"

LOL!!!!!!!

lmhall2000
01-19-2011, 10:14 PM
I was so convinced that our DD had a milkshake on our last cruise - so I had to go back to check out our photos. :upsidedow

I was right - there it is sitting in the middle of the table during breakfast at Lumiere's - Vanilla milkshake complete with whipped cream on top! :hippie:

I am sure we had to pay for it (can't remember how much though - sorry) but it was on the menu!

Yes!! Both our girls had milkshakes...with the whipped cream..we were on the 10 night med..so maybe they don't offer it on 7 nights? i'll be looking for it on our March 7 night for sure!! :)

Tara

HermanTriplets+1
01-21-2011, 01:54 AM
Could definitely make an ice-cream "float", though, with Coke and soft-serve! YUM:goodvibes:goodvibes

stsomewhere
01-21-2011, 09:28 AM
We ordered milkshakes in the Walt Disney theater. My DD would have her "drink" to watch the show. It was around $5.

glassslipper2004
01-21-2011, 09:46 AM
On the "float" theme - wonder if they have root beer at the soda station?

simbasmom2
01-21-2011, 09:52 AM
Last Feb. on the Wonder there wasn't any rootbeer at the drink stations. My girls used orange pop to make a float (several times I might add).:)

UmmGooD
01-21-2011, 09:55 AM
Okay you are not helping me one bit. Why did I have to see this thread? I am going to gain back the 180 pounds I lost on the cruise now. I LOVE milkshakes and if I can make them for free it will be bad.

I do think I'll bring a magic bullet though. I'll have to keep my eye out for one.