PDA

View Full Version : Server

daboof
01-16-2011, 04:37 PM
Is there a way to request a certain server or do you have to take what they give you

scrapycruiser
01-16-2011, 05:09 PM
We have requested our favorite waiter, Sergio from Spain on three cruises and were lucky to get him ! :thumbsup2

Now he is on the DREAM and we've requested him for our March B2B cruise. I hope he's our waiter ! :rolleyes1

You can certainly request, but not guaranteed. When we get onboard that 1st day , we just check with the maitre de. Next time you call DCL just ask them to add that request to your res.
We also request our dining rotation. This time I have read conflicting reports about the DREAM'S 4-night rotation ?? :confused3

kcashner
01-16-2011, 05:18 PM
Call DCL and ask them to put the request on your reservation.

Luvstocruise
01-16-2011, 08:44 PM
It amazes DCL even considers taking server requests. My only fear is, everyone else has done it, and if the cruise I am on, there are tons of previous cruisers that always request a decent server, my party will be stuck with dudes and servers that just started working last week before my cruise is. I certainly hope that is not going to be the case.

Do the other lines allow all this special requesting, or is this typically a DCL thing?

JMHO,
Luvstocruise

scrapycruiser
01-16-2011, 09:21 PM
It amazes DCL even considers taking server requests. My only fear is, everyone else has done it, and if the cruise I am on, there are tons of previous cruisers that always request a decent server, my party will be stuck with dudes and servers that just started working last week before my cruise is. I certainly hope that is not going to be the case.

Do the other lines allow all this special requesting, or is this typically a DCL thing?

JMHO,
Luvstocruise

They are all great ! After 8 cruises on DCL I have never been disappointed!
We have been on 30+ cruises , 7 different lines and have been served by
many different waiters.
Actually, the reason we request a certain server is not because he's the best
but because we've made a friend. The DCL crew make you feel like family. The kids love the attention they get.
It's no wonder Conde Nast has rated
DCL's service at the top!

Tink2300
01-16-2011, 09:23 PM
We have requested our favorite waiter, Sergio from Spain on three cruises and were lucky to get him ! :thumbsup2

Now he is on the DREAM and we've requested him for our March B2B cruise. I hope he's our waiter ! :rolleyes1

You can certainly request, but not guaranteed. When we get onboard that 1st day , we just check with the maitre de. Next time you call DCL just ask them to add that request to your res.
We also request our dining rotation. This time I have read conflicting reports about the DREAM'S 4-night rotation ?? :confused3

My rotation was Enchanted Garden, Royal Palace and then Animator's Palate.

Mrs. Gumdrop
01-16-2011, 09:24 PM

JMHO,
Luvstocruise

All I can say to that is last year we sailed on the transatlantic with a boat load of experienced cruisers and without making any requests we were assigned a fabulous team!

I don't think requests happen as often as it would appear based on the boards. Reading the boards can be like living in a bubble. I believe the reason all of the tricks and advice we read about here work for us, is so many other people don't know about them.

Luvstocruise
01-16-2011, 09:26 PM
Thanks Scrapycruiser,

It just this is not the first time the whole "request a serve"r thing came up and Iwas beginning to wonder. You comments certainly sound logical and I will continue to look forward to good service.

Luvstocruise