PDA

View Full Version : Best hotel with nice beach and free parking near port?

loveysbydesign
01-16-2011, 01:11 PM
When we cruise in October we'd like to spend 2 days at the beach before the cruise. I was wondering which hotel has the nicest/kid friendliest beach and has free parking and free transportation to the port? Free breakfast would be a bonus too!:goodvibes

loveysbydesign
01-16-2011, 01:34 PM
Has anyone stayed at The International Palms Resort lately?

Fleury
01-17-2011, 12:26 PM
I would be interested to know the answer to this as well

shoppgirl
01-17-2011, 12:44 PM
We are also planning to fly into Orlando a week before the cruise and hope to take the girls to a great beach resort for a few days before boarding at Port Canaveral. I am in search of a great resort and am having difficulty finding one close by. I looked up the resort you asked about, and although it looks to be in a great area with a nice beach, the resort itself does not look all that great. You can check out the link to reviews if noone can answer your question here.

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g34145-d84288-Reviews-International_Palms_Resort_Conference_Center_Cocoa _Beach-Cocoa_Beach_Florida.html

We will have a car, so we are considering on going to a resort in Vero Beach (Vero Beach Resort and spa) or one in Palm Coast (Hammock Beach resort).

I do hope someone can suggest something nice and close by though! I will b keeping my eye on this thread.

kcashner
01-17-2011, 12:51 PM
Free parking--Renaissance Inn, Country Inn and Suites, Quality Inn and Suites, Radisson.

Free shuttle--Radisson, CI&S, Quality Inn and Suites (I believe the Renaissance has a small fee for shuttle)

Free breakfast--Radisson includes breakfast only in specified packages, others above do have it.

If you drive a little farther down the road, there is beach access, but most of those hotels don't have cruise parking.

Of the ones listed above, the Radisson has the nicest pool, CI&S is my "overall" favorite due to price, breakfast, and free shuttle/parking (if you get this on Priceline, you can pay $20 for parking). Renaissance is also nice...and since you have a car, driver can always take the family to the port and only pay for shuttle for one person!