PDA

View Full Version : Favorite Servers on the Wonder

Popovich
01-16-2011, 01:00 PM
We will be going on the Wonder for the first time in April.

Just curious if anyone has any favorite servers. We are cruising with another family and it’s their first Disney Cruise. We’d like to request a server team that would be memorable and fun for the kids (all tweens and teens) :goodvibes.

We’ve had some great servers on the Magic that really made our trip special. It would be nice to share that experience with our friends on the Wonder.

Any thoughts are appreciated!:):worship:

nick.turpchinoff
01-16-2011, 01:39 PM
Zaldy! He's from the Philippians. My wife and I had him for our honeymoon cruise on Nov 14th. He's been with the ship for 10 years, he joined the team a year after it debuted.

~Dani~
01-16-2011, 02:19 PM
We had Josipa and she was wonderful. :)

kcashner
01-16-2011, 02:22 PM
Ali (head server) was a delight. Princess Judy (server) was super. DO NOT call her "Judy." It is "Princess Judy." Kidding....but she's really fun and joked a lot about how she "could" be addressed as "Your Majesty," etc.

ladypirate
01-16-2011, 03:07 PM
Wayan was our server from our Christmas cruise that we just did and he had a total of 9 of us, including 4 girls ages 7, 7, 5 and 4. Even did some magic tricks. Orlando was the assistant server. They always made sure that the girls were served quickly and that we were always able to get them out to the kids club so we could have our dessert and coffee in peace (!). One of our girls really only liked the "flat bread" and always brought her some.

Have fun!

Sarah

darwinsrule
01-16-2011, 03:25 PM
Good question. With the Dream coming online now it will be interesting to see how Disney has moved people around with all the new hires they have had to bring on board. We had Mehmet and Damien (from Turkey and Poland respectively) at the end of August. We never got into the discussion regarding the Dream although it would be great to see them again when we go back this August. They were both great with our girls but it is DCL and you would expect the service to be fab. Was not disappointed.

ALSBC91
01-16-2011, 04:03 PM
Tobias and Cipri!!!! They were fabulous!!! Even my teenage boys thought they were cool!

irishdadx4
01-16-2011, 05:21 PM
We were on the Dec 12-16th Disboards PODcast cruise. We had Gordana from Croatia, as our server. She was wonderful. Did her jon excellently, and was wonderful to talk to each evening. Very engaging and thoughtful. Alan was our assistant server. He presented a couple of issues with his drink refilling tasks, but was for the most part a good server. We didn't have any children or teens at our table so I can't speak to how they would handle them, I'm sure they would be wonderful and professional. I will say that Alan spent time at the table flirting with the three women that were there. We were at a six top. He was fun and funny. I will certainly miss them on the west coast.

Mike

mickeyluv
01-16-2011, 05:33 PM
I'm pretty sure server Alex Ocampo is on the Wonder right now but not sure for how long. We had him on the Magic in 2008 and requested & got him again in 2009. He is fantastic!! From what I understand he has a request in for the Dream so I am hoping that gets granted before we cruise in March on the Dream as I want my sister to meet him, but please check when u get onboard the Wonder to see. If he is & you have the privilege of having him as your server please tell him Pam from NC said hello!

DynamicDisneyDuo
01-16-2011, 06:06 PM
We had Mladen from Bosnia/Croatia, sorry can't remember exactly, on the Wonder as our server for our B2B last year. Did an excellent job.

Husurdady
01-16-2011, 06:26 PM
We will be going on the Wonder for the first time in April.

We’ve had some great servers on the Magic that really made our trip special. It would be nice to share that experience with our friends on the Wonder.

Any thoughts are appreciated!:):worship:

Servers from past cruises on the WONDER. If you should get LlOYD or BANJO , you will be in great hands , these two servers are ''TOP SHELF". :thumbsup2 :thumbsup2 :thumbsup2

Popovich
01-16-2011, 10:52 PM
Thank you everyone for the great information!

We are really looking forward to our trip!:goodvibes

TheBeadPirate
01-17-2011, 06:43 AM
As mentioned below Alex is the very best server on the Wonder... He will be a head server one day so get him while you can... he has a new asst server who is also gaining a lot of attention (Jen)... good luck!

magchavez
01-19-2011, 07:45 PM
We had Josipa in August 2008. She was really good with the kids!

Popovich
01-19-2011, 07:59 PM
Thanks again for all the feedback!

Just one question, are Alex and Jen the same as Alex Campo and his asst server?

Glad to see that Josipa also had two recommendations!

Thanks so much! :goodvibes

melsherard
01-19-2011, 09:04 PM
We had Wayan, as well... he is wonderful! I have requested him again for our March cruise, I hope he hasn't moved...

Mom 3 mouseketeers
01-19-2011, 09:59 PM
Our favorite server for the Wonder was Sean at Palo. We had him on both our cruises and he really made the experience for us. Does anyone know if he is still on the Wonder or moved to elsewhere?

platinumcruzer
01-19-2011, 10:07 PM
Don't know if he is still on the Wonder or not, but Oliver in Palo was amazing.

ppony
01-19-2011, 10:33 PM
Our servers were Deniz from Turkey and Zoe from Autralia in Nov. 2009. They were SO amazing. Attentive, very concientious and went over and beyond to help us w/ our autistic toddler. They were trying everything to make it so I could at least stay for dinner and after the first night where I did have to leave, they were successful enough along w/ our ideas to be able to keep me in the restuarant and I DEARLY appreciated all their kind and thoughful efforts! I'd LOVE to hae them again. Zoe was one that doted on us the most and make ME feel so much better ans she kenw I was supremely stressed out by our toddler. I couldn't possibly say how much they mattered on our cruise.

I'm blanking on our Palo servers name (it's on the tip of my tongue, it was semi short.....ugh! :headache:) but crimeny, he RULED! We requested him the next day for our brunch as well. I don't know if they all are form France but he was. He had a wife and daughter back home. How the CMs do it is beyond me. Being away from loved ones for months on end. I know we pay handsomely for Disney parks, resorts and cruises and ya now? I don't begrudge one single dime of it. It requires a lot of saving on our part but I think what I get i return is beyond measure.

Pyriis
01-19-2011, 10:53 PM
Made was our server on the wonder, and he was amazing..I have pics somewhere.. Ill see if I can find them..

JanDave
01-19-2011, 10:58 PM
Our favorite server for the Wonder was Sean at Palo. We had him on both our cruises and he really made the experience for us. Does anyone know if he is still on the Wonder or moved to elsewhere?

Sean was on vacation when we were on the Wonder late November 2010. He has been our server, by our reuquest, several times in Palo.

We had Roland from the Phillipines on our B2B Wonder November 2010 cruises. We'd request him again if we know he'll be on one of the 3 ships we are on again. Roland is another long time DCL CM.

The CMs told us that following a vacation, they no longer can expect to return to the ship they left before vacation. DCL determines the assigned ship.

Jan

BCV23
01-20-2011, 07:51 AM
Marco was our server at Palo for two dinners and two brunches. Fantastic server. Marianna served at tea and was very sweet.

Our main servers were Anthony and Maria. They did a great job. Anthony even brought dinner to our cabin one night.

mortman05
01-20-2011, 03:20 PM
We cruised in December for the first time and had Zaldy and Eketut. They were fantastic. Very good with the kids and they made it a memorable experience.

outahere
01-20-2011, 03:29 PM
Our servers were Deniz from Turkey and Zoe from Autralia in Nov. 2009.

We also had Zoe in April, 2009 and she was absolutely fantastic! At the time she was the Assistant Server to Herbert from the Philippines, who was also excellent and we requested him this past April (request was granted). We requested Zoe as well, but she was on vacation when we cruised. Zoe had completed all the training to be a Server, but wasn't sure she wanted to do it. She was a newlywed at the time we had her - married to another Server.

Popovich
02-27-2011, 12:58 PM
Does anyone know if Violetta (Peru) and Jorge (Columbia) are still on the Wonder? Or if Joel and Duran (Jamaica) are still there?

I would also be interested in your dining experience if you had either of these teams.

Thanks!:goodvibes

aan1701
02-27-2011, 04:56 PM
Zaldy! He's from the Philippians. My wife and I had him for our honeymoon cruise on Nov 14th. He's been with the ship for 10 years, he joined the team a year after it debuted.

He was my server for 15 nights on the Panama Canal cruise. He was great. He was teamed with Cici who was wonderful as well.

disney 2010
02-27-2011, 05:04 PM
Does anyone know if Violetta (Peru) and Jorge (Columbia) are still on the Wonder? Or if Joel and Duran (Jamaica) are still there?

I would also be interested in your dining experience if you had either of these teams.

Thanks!:goodvibes

We sailed 2/13 and had Violetta and Jorge. LOVED them :lovestruc

Jorge had some magic tricks and Violetta made some origami for dd 10. Both dd and ds 14 felt special with them as servers. We highly recommend them.

And the services was excellent

LKFan
02-27-2011, 05:32 PM
We just returned and had Joel (Phillipines) and Duran (Jamaica). Joel took off today to return to the Phillipines (and his 4 year old daughter) for 2.5 mos. He'll join the Wonder again in Vancouver.

In Palo, we had Daniel from Italy who was supurb! :thumbsup2

Minniespec
02-27-2011, 06:10 PM
We had Vjay (India) and Tiziano (Italy. I probably spelt his name wrong, though) this past July, and they were wonderful :goodvibes

tinkerbell0611
02-27-2011, 06:42 PM
WE LOVE, LOVE, LOVE Kabelo Mossiane from South Africa. Tell him hello from Mama Nancy and we can't wait to see him in June.

socababy
02-27-2011, 10:22 PM
We had Bonieface and Vitor and they were loved by everyne in our party, especially the kids. Dd who is 3 has now had her first crush and it was on 22 year old Vitor and his Brazilian accent!:love: Every night dd would put up a stink about eating and yet some small talk and a smile from Vitor somehow made her hungry. He actually fed her almost all of her food every night! I have to admit I miss him too as it has been a week since we got off. The kids keep asking if we will see them again.

Bonieface has been on the Wonder for 11 years and Vitor had only been on for 4 months. Both were truly outstanding!

talie
02-27-2011, 10:29 PM
Just got off the Wonder today. We had Miguel (Peru) and Nyoman (Indonesia) and they were both very good. They had our table as well as another very large table that they were serving and they juggled the two tables quite well.

Señor DonDuck
02-27-2011, 11:40 PM
We had Branel (server) and Marijo (asst. server) along with Witt (head server). We were very happy with all 3.

RRBB
02-28-2011, 12:48 AM
Our server for 15 nights was Daniel from United Kingdom. When we sailed in January he'd only been on the ship for about 3 months. But he was absolutely fantastic. We couldn't have asked for better service. He's on track to become a head server and took on that role during the breakfast/lunch service in the restaurants.

Daniel's assistant, Jorge from Columbia, had only been on the ship for a month and was still rather reserved and shy. But by the end of the cruise he seemed to be breaking out of his shell some. Still he was quite attentive and kept our drinks filled, bread & butter on the table, and replaced forks, spoons & napkins regularly. (The kids had a tendency to drop/spill a lot.)

Another server we had quite often, for breakfasts and lunches, was Terry from England. I think he's been on the ship for about a year now and just recently (shortly before our sailing in early January) got promoted to server from asst. server. He took great care of us, especially DD who is a picky eater.

We never actually had Sandra from Peru as a server, but we saw her a lot around the ship and she was always friendly and helpful.

We had Nikola from Serbia for brunch in Palo. He was very good, very attentive.

BTW, our DD3 came off the ship with 2 boyfriends - Daniel and Terry. I don't know whether it was the Brittish accent or the fact that they both doted on her, fed her, and kept her enterained. But she still comments almost daily how much she misses them. And both DD3 and DS6 have requested that our next vacation be on the Mickey Mouse Cruise Ship again, the one where Daniel is.

moomy-san
02-28-2011, 09:14 AM
We had Kingsley from Jamaica and Manuel on our Feb. 6 MR. Very nice guys... okay servers. Michelle was head server and she was very social and funny.
Our server in Palo was Vladmir from Costa Rica... and I wanted to adopt him. He was adorable, quick witted and very sweet. I would eat in Palo every dinner if I had him as a server!:)

castawaycayfans
02-28-2011, 11:44 AM
We had Kingsley from Jamaica and Manuel on our Feb. 6 MR. Very nice guys... okay servers. Michelle was head server and she was very social and funny.
Our server in Palo was Vladmir from Costa Rica... and I wanted to adopt him. He was adorable, quick witted and very sweet. I would eat in Palo every dinner if I had him as a server!:)

Would that be Michelle from South Africa? If so, we had her a couple of years ago as server and loved her.

PURTYPAT1
02-28-2011, 12:07 PM
Would that be Michelle from South Africa? If so, we had her a couple of years ago as server and loved her.
Wondering the same thing.
When I first met her 2006, she was on the Wonder as a server and then switched to the Magic on our Med cruise 2007 Head server. Had her on our eastern Magic 2008 & 2009 and last year 2010 was told she retired. Would love to hear if she's back.

moomy-san
02-28-2011, 01:01 PM
I think this Michelle was from Australia... I could be wrong.

ETA: I asked my husband and he said Yes, this Michelle was from Australia.

preedymtnwest
02-28-2011, 03:11 PM
We had Bonieface and Vitor and they were loved by everyne in our party, especially the kids. Dd who is 3 has now had her first crush and it was on 22 year old Vitor and his Brazilian accent!:love: Every night dd would put up a stink about eating and yet some small talk and a smile from Vitor somehow made her hungry. He actually fed her almost all of her food every night! I have to admit I miss him too as it has been a week since we got off. The kids keep asking if we will see them again.

Bonieface has been on the Wonder for 11 years and Vitor had only been on for 4 months. Both were truly outstanding!

We just got off the Wonder yesterday (wahhhhhh!) and Bonieface and Vitor were our servers, too. We were two families together with four kids - one girl, 11, and three boys, 13, 10, and 6. The boys at first weren't real interested in eating in the dining room with us (would rather be in the clubs), but ended up eating there every night and I think Bonieface and especially Vitor had a lot to do with that. They were wonderful!

Last November, on a 3-night, the boys didn't eat with us much, but our servers, Mikala (sp?) and Tita were wonderful, especially Tita! We saw her in passing this cruise and it was so nice to see her again.

At Palo, we loved Nikola, and Alex there (not sure of his last name) was also great. Jude (?) went back to the kitchen and made up a couple of fresh tiramisus for us when they ran out at the brunch buffet.

I think we had Zaldy two years ago - also great! All of the servers we've experienced are wonderful with the kids - infinitely patient and have all kinds of tricks and brain teasers to keep the kids entertained. I think you'll be safe with anyone!

Someone mentioned Deniz from Turkey - sorry to say (but good for him, I'm sure), he was our head server this time, and was very accommodating with one of our requests.

It is going to be a shock to the system to get back to reality without our fabulous servers!

Inspired26
03-02-2011, 01:03 PM
Our server for 15 nights was Daniel from United Kingdom. When we sailed in January he'd only been on the ship for about 3 months. But he was absolutely fantastic. We couldn't have asked for better service. He's on track to become a head server and took on that role during the breakfast/lunch service in the restaurants.

Daniel's assistant, Jorge from Columbia, had only been on the ship for a month and was still rather reserved and shy. But by the end of the cruise he seemed to be breaking out of his shell some. Still he was quite attentive and kept our drinks filled, bread & butter on the table, and replaced forks, spoons & napkins regularly. (The kids had a tendency to drop/spill a lot.)

Another server we had quite often, for breakfasts and lunches, was Terry from England. I think he's been on the ship for about a year now and just recently (shortly before our sailing in early January) got promoted to server from asst. server. He took great care of us, especially DD who is a picky eater.

We never actually had Sandra from Peru as a server, but we saw her a lot around the ship and she was always friendly and helpful.

We had Nikola from Serbia for brunch in Palo. He was very good, very attentive.

BTW, our DD3 came off the ship with 2 boyfriends - Daniel and Terry. I don't know whether it was the Brittish accent or the fact that they both doted on her, fed her, and kept her enterained. But she still comments almost daily how much she misses them. And both DD3 and DS6 have requested that our next vacation be on the Mickey Mouse Cruise Ship again, the one where Daniel is.
Daniel was our assistant server when we cruised in Nov 2010. He was incredibly charming and did great with my 6 year old son. I'm still getting requests to make ketchup mickey mouse figures on his plate. And I think all of the women on our trip had a slight crush on him.
Vladimir was our head server and he was also incredible. They were both so personable and professional all at the same time. We hope to find them again someday

jacobsDISNEYmama
03-02-2011, 03:25 PM
Can anyone who had to deal with food allergies on their cruise recommend a great server? Both DS3 and DD1 have food allergies and it would give me peace of mind to have someone that will be sure to take care of them! :) TIA!

carmie3377
03-02-2011, 04:01 PM
Our servers were Deniz from Turkey and Zoe from Autralia in Nov. 2009. They were SO amazing.

Deniz is now Head Server!!! We had him as our HS on our PC cruise and yes, he was AMAZING! After requesting fried cheese sticks for DS on the first night, we had them the remaining 14 nights. He stopped by the table at least once each night to make sure everything was okay, something our previous HS didn't do.

Our server was Rakesh from Trinidad and he was just as amazing. He went above and beyond not only while serving us dinner but each time he saw us in the dining rooms for breakfast/lunch. However, I do believe that he'll be leaving for vacation this month but should be back in a couple of month.

Maria from Spain, our assistant, was still learning but good and Rakesh was training her each day so I know she'll do nothing but get better. And Cameron still has a crush on her! He just asked me today if thought Maria would be on the Wonder the next time we sailed.

mmmears
03-02-2011, 04:50 PM
I'm so glad to read here that there are some great servers still on the Wonder now that it's here in the West. I was worried they would all be "poached" and put on the Dream. ;)

minie_meese
03-02-2011, 06:04 PM
We requested Balwan from India as our server because he was so great on a previous cruise. He was great this time too and our granddaughter adored him. Our Assistant server was Tita. I agree with preedymtnwest (Kristina) - she is wonderful too - very sweet. They were both on top of everything and were great with everyone. On the first day my daughter mentioned she liked lemon in her water and every meal after that there was a plate of lemons at her plate.

Teckas from Akron Ohio (previously from Turkey) was out Head server. He was wonderful too. He visited each table in the section at least twice each dinner and was very accommodating for a special request we had. He was terrific with the kids too. Stephen from Trinidad was also in our dining room. We've had him as an assistant server in the past and he was great. He is a server now.

Prose
03-02-2011, 07:23 PM
Deniz is now Head Server!!!

Awesome news! Deniz was our server on our last Wonder cruise, and DD fell in love with him. She'll be so excited to see him again. I doubt he'll remember us, of course, but it will be fun to bring along a photo of him with us from a couple of years ago.

RRBB
03-05-2011, 02:13 PM
This morning DS6 said his favorite thing about our 15-day cruise, with tons of activities and fantastic excursions, was Daniel. So I scrapped a page about him and thought I'd share.

http://i667.photobucket.com/albums/vv32/r0binb/2011%20WBPC%20Cruise/aa39d9fe.jpg (http://www.mousescrappers.com/photos/showphoto.php?photo=11665&nocache=1)

emum
03-05-2011, 02:34 PM
Can anyone who had to deal with food allergies on their cruise recommend a great server? Both DS3 and DD1 have food allergies and it would give me peace of mind to have someone that will be sure to take care of them! :) TIA!

I am allergic to peanuts, and our server Marko from Montenegro kept on top of it the entire 15 night cruise. He was FANTASTIC with everything, particularly the kids. His asst. server Lenka from the Czech Republic was also great, once she started to get to know us.

Alex from Russia was fabulous in Palo, too - so very knowledgeable about food and other countries.

The down-side for anyone travelling soon is that Marko is going back home this month until his next contract starts, and Lenka is leaving the ship for good to start a family.

We had many wonderful servers elsewhere on the ship, so I'm sure you'll be in great hands.

nick.turpchinoff
03-29-2011, 11:49 AM
Can anyone tell me if Zaldy is currently on the Wonder?

My DW and I had him as our server for our November Honeymoon cruise and loved him! Wasn't sure if he was on vacation now or still on the Wonder. We want to request him for our Alaska Cruise on May 17th!!

Lissame
03-29-2011, 12:57 PM
We had Branel (server) and Marijo (asst. server) along with Witt (head server). We were very happy with all 3.

We had the same server and assistant and loved them. Branel just went above and beyond to make us happy.

northyvr
03-29-2011, 04:13 PM
Omar (from the Philippines) was our favorite on the Wonder. He was fantastic at keeping the kids entertained and a very kind person too. Wish we could have brought him home!

dolphingirl47
03-29-2011, 05:25 PM
We had Daniel and Jorge on the PC cruise and they were out of this world. At Palo, we had Marianna, who was also fantastic.

Corinna

Dayita
03-29-2011, 06:22 PM
Miguel (Peru) and Nyoman (Indonesia) made our recent Wonder cruise Wonderful.

Charlene

Oregon Traveler
03-29-2011, 07:05 PM
This morning DS6 said his favorite thing about our 15-day cruise, with tons of activities and fantastic excursions, was Daniel. So I scrapped a page about him and thought I'd share.

Just got off the 3/20 cruise and Daniel was our head server. So looks like his good work has paid off. Our servers Sam (from the Phillipines) and Robert (from Croatia) were great. A big hit with the kids.

goofystitchfan
03-29-2011, 07:15 PM
Our favorite is Ganesh. We had him in 2009. I am a truly picky eater and had the same thing every night, even though he really tried to get me to try something new. The one night I did order something different I had to leave early (before the main course arrived) to take my sick DS to the cabin. About 10 minutes after we got in the cabin, there was a knock at the door and it was Ganesh with my dinner. He said he was so sad that I had to leave and wanted to make sure that I ate this delicious meal. He set everything up on the table for me. When we went back this past November we saw him the first night (he was not our server) and came over and gave me a huge hug and said that he hoped that I would try something besides the roast chicken. He even remembered when we were there the last time. I hope that he will be on the Dream when we set sail in November. :yay:

everafter1
03-29-2011, 08:06 PM
We had Cipri and Lenka on our cruise in November and they were fantastic! We requested them again for our Alaska cruise in May :goodvibes

RRBB
03-29-2011, 11:02 PM
Just got off the 3/20 cruise and Daniel was our head server. So looks like his good work has paid off. Our servers Sam (from the Phillipines) and Robert (from Croatia) were great. A big hit with the kids.
That's so good to know. I'm so happy for Daniel. Thanks for sharing.

dolphingirl47
03-30-2011, 02:55 AM

That is fantastic news. He has so deserved this.

Corinna

nick.turpchinoff
04-24-2011, 08:06 PM
Bringing this thread back from the dead.
Anyone have any amazing recent server experiences!?

lilbug13
04-24-2011, 08:35 PM

We had Sandra as our assistant server on the 3/27 MR and she was fantastic. My girls LOVED her. She worked with Marlon from Costa Rica and he was great too. We were very pleased with them. :)

A Litle Pixie Dust
04-24-2011, 09:15 PM
We had Sandra as our assistant server on the 3/27 MR and she was fantastic. My girls LOVED her. She worked with Marlon from Costa Rica and he was great too. We were very pleased with them. :)

We had them on our 3/20 MR cruise. We had Marlon for our Jan. PC cruise. We requested him in March and will again in Oct. We are hoping Sandra is still working with him. We loved her!

CalDisfans
04-24-2011, 10:13 PM
We were on the 3/27 Wonder cruise and had Aaron from the Phillipines as our Server and Claudius from India as our asstnt Server. They were FANTASTIC with our kids! (little kids/teens/tweens), and our food allergies and one picky eater. They made the kids laugh, and remembered all their likes and dislikes, and brought us extras even to try. We LOVED them both!!:thumbsup2

Bellecruiser
04-25-2011, 10:39 AM
Our server was Vijay from India. He was awesome. :thumbsup2. He kept us up to date on the latest info on the ship, things to do, shortcuts to take, and wanted us to eat double portions of everything. His assistant, whose name I can't remember, was equally awesome. He had all these mind games and puzzles for us to play. The kids loved it. :goodvibes

nick.turpchinoff
04-30-2011, 08:30 PM
Any body have any other recommendations!?

Lexa
12-26-2012, 10:37 AM
We had Balwan from India on our Hawaiian cruise. I would like to request him for our WBPC in May and I just can't remember his last name. Can someone help me? Thank you!

Gilland18
12-26-2012, 01:28 PM
We just got off the Wonder. We had Anthony from Jamaica as our server and Jimi from China as assistant server. They were great! We didn't have any kids in our party but some of the other tables did and they did a super job with them.

geffric
12-26-2012, 03:31 PM
Sayad from Istanbul and Ron ( head Server) from India great team..and loved them and so did the kids, we had them for Alaska 2011, MR and Hawaii..LOVE Sayad.

BTW - to the person that asked: I am "special" and GF - the kitchen was great, and ( that is why I am friendly with the Head Servers) oversaw the food prep of my food and made every meal special..

snarfie
12-26-2012, 06:55 PM
We had Balwan on our Alaskan cruise in Aug. He had just a couple of cruises before his holidays. He was talking about going to another ship after his break. I can't remember which one.

Our assistant server was Beata from England. She was so quiest at the start of the cruise but really chatty and friendly after a few days.

We were at a table for 8; the 2 of us with 2 groups of 3. We were all around the same age group. It was a great group. We had happy meals; friendly table mates and servers.

Brenda
from MB

dittybop
01-28-2013, 09:30 PM
Just off the Wonder and loved Zaldy and Jenny! Awesome for us and our 5 kids!

aan1701
01-29-2013, 12:30 AM

I have had Zaldy on two 15 night cruises. He is great. I hope he is on the WBPC in May as I am going to be requesting him.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

Momma2Jax
01-29-2013, 09:21 AM
Roman from the Ukraine is on now, and he was am amazing asst server!

tfiga1
01-29-2013, 06:55 PM
Just got off the Wonder last week. We had Wayan and asst server Melchor and they were awesome. Even my 13 yr old who hates everything liked them enough to ask if we ever sailed again if we could request them.

Purdue Mouse
01-29-2013, 07:14 PM
Any body have any other recommendations!?

Francisco on the Wonder was great!

moomy-san
01-29-2013, 07:34 PM
Anyone on the Wonder recently have Selcuk in the MDR or Palo? I haven't heard from him since Christmas and hope that means he's back on the ship after his vacation. He's awesome!

delauzons
01-29-2013, 08:42 PM
Roman from the Ukraine is on now, and he was am amazing asst server!

We had Roman last Spring on the Magic and tried to get him again over the summer. No one seemed to know where he was. going on the Wonder in March would love to have him again.

psboynh
01-29-2013, 10:32 PM
On our Wonder cruise Jan 14-19 2013 our Server was Hans from South Africa. Assistant Server was Xaviar from France. Both were fantastic! At Palo we had Sasha. He was also fantastic. Sasha even asked us if we had any dietary needs or food allergies that needed to be addressed. We did not, but I am positive that he would have done all he could to make sure they were addressed.

happy55girl
01-29-2013, 10:35 PM
On our Sept/12 cruise our server was Eddie and his assistant was Milton. They were so friendly and good to our kids. We were very sad to say good bye

su_A_ve
02-18-2013, 09:20 PM
Just back from wonder. We had Richard (France) as head server but didn't interact with him. Our server was ok (cant remember his name now) from India. He kept on bringing an extra plate of food of something we didn't order so we would try it. And on the second to last night he asked if we were catholic and gave us some web site address... Two things I don't talk to anyone about is politics or religion... Politely put it away and to the trash later went. he did take the hint i was not going to talk religion. Kind of ruined it for me. He was doing a great job up until then... So over all, came down to just ok. Kids did like him tough...

But, our assistant server was Tita (Hungary). She was amazing! We all loved her and look forward to request for her when we cruise the wonder in the future (hopefully).

MNKelly
02-18-2013, 11:38 PM
We just got off the Wonder 2/16. Our server was Madara from Latvia and the assistant server was Konrad from Poland. They both were great every evening. We were two families with three kids at our table. The kids loved them as they would joke around with them, and the adults as well. They would both have a conversation with you and we found out some interesting things about each one of them. Their lives as dining staff and living conditions onboard make for some hilarious conversation! I would definatley request them in the future on upcoming cruises.

ktalina
02-22-2013, 08:00 AM
First time cruiser this summer ... How do you request a server?

ktalina
03-02-2013, 01:24 PM
Thank you guys! I am sure we will have an amazing time regardless, however it is always nice t have recommendations . I truly cannot wait for this cruise ;) every review I've read it's awesome but I was hoping to get the names of those servers that went above and beyond ;) thanks for those names ;)

gortman65
03-02-2013, 04:28 PM
First time cruiser this summer ... How do you request a server?

If you have your reservation through a travel agent, ask them to call DCL and add the server request. Otherwise, you can call DCL directly and have them add it.

PrincessShmoo
03-02-2013, 04:35 PM
If you have your reservation through a travel agent, ask them to call DCL and add the server request. Otherwise, you can call DCL directly and have them add it.

And it's best to only make one request. Only ask for either the server, or the asst server, or a specific rotation.

If you have more than one request, DCL doesn't know which to honor and won't grant any of them.

A serving team may no longer be working together, or even on the same rotation, as then can change from cruise to cruise.

rentayenta
03-02-2013, 08:12 PM
Just back from wonder. We had Richard (France) as head server but didn't interact with him. Our server was ok (cant remember his name now) from India. He kept on bringing an extra plate of food of something we didn't order so we would try it. And on the second to last night he asked if we were catholic and gave us some web site address... Two things I don't talk to anyone about is politics or religion... Politely put it away and to the trash later went. he did take the hint i was not going to talk religion. Kind of ruined it for me. He was doing a great job up until then... So over all, came down to just ok. Kids did like him tough...

But, our assistant server was Tita (Hungary). She was amazing! We all loved her and look forward to request for her when we cruise the wonder in the future (hopefully).

That whole religion thing would send me over the edge. :scared: Glad he got the hint.

moomy-san
03-02-2013, 11:47 PM
Just off back to backs on the Wonder today. We had Putu as our server on the first cruise- he is amazing and funny and his assistant Emma was great too! Second cruise we had Minda (or Mindagaus) he was adorable but not as outgoing. Other good suggestions are Noel from India and Tumi from S. Africa.

ciraulo887
03-03-2013, 12:08 AM

OMG!!! We had them on the Wonder in 2011. If I would have known I would have requested them again I would have (we were just on the Wonder February 16th sailing). They were really good. This last cruise we had Phizroy (Jamaica). He was really good too!!!!

aan1701
03-03-2013, 09:50 AM
Just off back to backs on the Wonder today. We had Putu as our server on the first cruise- he is amazing and funny and his assistant Emma was great too! Second cruise we had Minda (or Mindagaus) he was adorable but not as outgoing. Other good suggestions are Noel from India and Tumi from S. Africa.

I wonder if that's the same Noel. If it is I had him as my asst. server on the Wonder on her first Hawaii cruise. He was great. Glad to see he got promoted to server.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

COASTIEandMATE
03-03-2013, 10:24 AM

Jenny was our server on back to back CA REPO and Alaska cruise!! She was awesome, so sweet and friendly, perfect service and beautiful origami gifts at the end of every meal. They are in my scrapbook now! Aloha, Ron and Karen:thumbsup2

PrincessShmoo
03-03-2013, 11:18 AM

Oh, wow. We had Putu on our first MR cruise, just loved him.

And we had Minda(gaus) on our Hawaii cruise. He told us he was going home, it was the end of his contract, and he probably wasn't coming back. We liked him, also. Who was his asst server?

EDIT: I just looked back and Putu was our server on our 2010 Med cruise
http://i47.tinypic.com/ymlph.jpg

Here's Mindaugas
http://i48.tinypic.com/2ezi42r.jpg http://i46.tinypic.com/2iqztdt.jpg

moomy-san
03-03-2013, 06:35 PM
Isn't Minda adorable? My kids loved him- we requested him for our 2nd half of our b2b after some wonderful interactions around the ship. I think he is happier on the ship now :)
His assistant was Zimik. She was sweet but quiet.

lovedmy1stcuise
03-03-2013, 11:27 PM
We just got off the Wonder 2/16. Our server was Madara from Latvia and the assistant server was Konrad from Poland. They both were great every evening. We were two families with three kids at our table. The kids loved them as they would joke around with them, and the adults as well. They would both have a conversation with you and we found out some interesting things about each one of them. Their lives as dining staff and living conditions onboard make for some hilarious conversation! I would definatley request them in the future on upcoming cruises.

We just got off the Wonder yesterday and we had them too. They both were great.

lilpooh108
03-03-2013, 11:33 PM
Has anyone seen Helen from Kenya? She's an assistant server under Roy (from India). We loved her.