PDA

View Full Version : Forgive me if you have had this dining question a million times...

mommy2twinprincesses
01-16-2011, 10:00 AM
...but we are getting ready to book our first cruise on the Dream for Feb. 2012. I am confused by the dinner seating/show options. :confused:
Here they are:

Main Seating, 5PM Show
Main Seating, 9PM Show
Second Seating, 5PM Show
Second Seating, 7PM Show

Can anyone give me more information about what each one means as far as dinner times? (The shows are obvious ).

Thanks! :goodvibes

tdizzle
01-16-2011, 10:06 AM
Hi there!

Main dining means you eat dinner around 5:30 or 5:45 then you can go to the second show of the evening.

Second seating starts at 8:00 or 8:30 so you would go to the first show then have dinner.

Hope this helps!!

Terri

ibouncetoo
01-16-2011, 10:09 AM
...and don't worry, this topic is too new to have been asked a million times yet! :thumbsup2

Mrs. Gumdrop
01-16-2011, 10:14 AM
Hi there!

Main dining means you eat dinner around 5:30 or 5:45 then you can go to the second show of the evening.

Second seating starts at 8:00 or 8:30 so you would go to the first show then have dinner.

Hope this helps!!

Terri

Then that makes me wonder, how can one see the show at 5:00 and eat dinner at 5:45?

ibouncetoo
01-16-2011, 11:03 AM
Main seating isn't before 6PM. (but I can't remember what the exact time was...wasn't later than 6:30P though) You will be pretty much going straight from the show to dinner, with enough time for a bathroom break or to grab an adult beverage, or change from shorts to slacks.

snsfrady
01-16-2011, 11:15 AM
If one has the 5 PM show, how do you attend Sail Away? This has been my concern since we were assigned this time. Also, are you bound to the assigned time or can you go to another time and wait for a seat?

smsnorthup
01-16-2011, 12:34 PM
Main seating dinner is at 6:30
Late seating dinner is at 8:30

With Main seating you can have the 5:00 or 9:00 show
With Late seating you can have the 5:00 or 7:00 show

Hope this helps!:)

darwinsrule
01-16-2011, 12:47 PM
There are a whole bunch post on this. Make sure you don't get confused between what happens on the Magic and Wonder and what is planned for the Dream. Main dining on the dream is 6. With the increase in size of the Dream, the theaters, although bigger cannot accomadate 1/2 the ship and therefore there are now 3 showtimes. Basically you pick your dining time and then pick one of the 2 remaining show options (the 3rd will be on when you are eating and I don't know about you but I have yet to master the whole 'be in two places at once' trick.

For our cruises in August we have 5pm show both legs, Second seating on the first leg (wait listed for Main), and Main on the second leg. The curse of doing a back-to-back and not booking them at the same time.