PDA

View Full Version : kids club activities on Dream

beachpal
01-16-2011, 08:47 AM
Has anyone heard anything about the kids club activities offered on the Dream? I'm just wondering of the activities will be different from the ones my kids have experienced in the past on the Magic.

mkmommy
01-16-2011, 08:52 AM
This is from the DCL website for the Lab, so things have changed.

http://disneycruise.disney.go.com/ships-activities/ships/dream/youth-clubs/oceaneer-lab/

Activities at Disney's Oceaneer Lab
Children are invited to partake in a wide range of delightfully themed activities available at Disney's Oceaneer Lab. While some activities are recommended for certain age groups, participation is based on a child's interest level and maturity—not age. As a result of this, siblings and friends can play together without restriction.

Although subject to change, activities at Disney's Oceaneer Lab may include:
Monsters, Inc Open "Mike" Night
Mike Wazowski and the other monsters of the Disney•Pixar film Monsters Inc. have lost their voices and are unable to collect kids' laughter to power Monstropolis. It's up to the kids to put on a comedy show for their parents so they can save Monstropolis from certain doom.
Get the Hook!
Captain Hook's favorite dress hook has been stolen and the kids must help him find it and catch the culprit. Led by Detective Clue and featuring site-specific crime scenes, their 3-day search for clues will take them all over the ship as it sails the sea, culminating in a reward from the Captain himself.
Super Sloppy Science with Professor Make-O-Mess
Professor Make-O-Mess is a world-famous scientist who is known for performing the sloppiest science experiments around. Now teens can partake in some educational fun as the professor offers some hands-on training that will surely having them laughing and learning.
Parents should note that children have the ability to move back and forth between Disney's Oceaneer Club and Disney's Oceaneer Lab during operating hours to experience activities. Youth activities counselors at check-in desks will be on hand to direct children.

smb6
01-16-2011, 08:59 AM
The clue game just sounds like an updated scavenger hunt, cool- but similar to the other boats? But, man I am jealous that my kids will miss Mike night, they would LOVE that (we are sailing on the Wonder)..... Sounds like the kids will have a blast with the Dream activities.... And I hope they implement some of them onto the older ships as well...

beachpal
01-16-2011, 10:50 AM
Thanks for the info! I'll be curious to see the Navigators once people have sailed.:goodvibes