PDA

View Full Version : UK brides, what wedding insurance did you have?

tinkandonaldfans
01-16-2011, 06:03 AM
As we are just about to get our letter of agreement and pay our deposit I am now wondering about wedding insurance.

Who do you go with?

penlanspice
01-16-2011, 07:23 AM
We didn't get any insurance, it wasn't something that bothered us to be honest, if anything had gone wrong (we nearly did have to postpone) disney was more than willing to work with us.

gemmybear83
01-16-2011, 07:55 AM
I didnt either in my LOA it listed that your date could be moved once, and my contracts with my vendors also said this.

I did take out additional travel insurance to cover my dress etc I just added this to my M&S annual insurance.

Chilly
01-16-2011, 01:19 PM
I didn't either for the same reasons as above.

It was unlikely that Disney was going to go bust and we didn't pay the vendors till the day and they had all been around for years and had great reviews on here.

tinkandonaldfans
01-16-2011, 01:39 PM
From what you have all been saying we probably won't either. Its just something that was brought up and I guess it seemed important but maybe on second thought not so much! Obviously we will have travel insurance so I guess that covers a lot of it!

Thanks Dis brides!

torsie24
01-17-2011, 09:40 AM
We've not either as our LOA pretty much covered all outcomes.

A DFTW isn't really like a regular wedding where your caterer is separate from the venue, and the florist is independent, same with the transport etc. etc.

We have gone mega on our travel insurance though!